Create Account

S54 Dragons Interested Prospect Thread
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2020, 09:52 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Dragonite Ahh Dragonite Ahh Dragonite

Buy all metrics the Calgary Dragons are the most successful and consistent franchise in SHL history. We won our 8th Challenge Cup in season 50 and have made the playoffs 28 of the last 30 seasons! We play in the league's most exciting arena, The BIG-Parm, which has become the hardest place for opposing teams to play in the league!  

Calgary is also the first franchise to own its very own television network called Dragons.tv! so if you are drafted to calgary be ready for the media blitz! to check out Dragons.tv, click **HERE**

As you learn more about our team, feel free to check out our rich history HERE and our Team Profile HERE  We're a hard working team and a top notch organization. We're always looking for motivated young players to enhance the Dragons experience! We have a  great atmosphere, strong leadership, we support each other and have a lot of fun. If you're a prospect for the S53 SHL Entry Draft and are interested in joining the Dragons family, please help us get to know you better!

[Image: SHL-Dragons-Banner.png]

Please link us your Player Page: Example

Code:
1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10. What do you know or like about the current team?

2. What kind of player are you looking to build? Are you open to advice to help you achieve personal and team success?

3. What are you looking for in an SHL team and what do you enjoy in a locker room?

4. What have you enjoyed most so far about the SHL?  

5. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc)

6. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this).

7. Have you done any Media, GFX or Podcasts? Feel free to link one for us!

8. Currently the Dragons have a deep roster, anyone we pick will need to be patient. How would you feel about being a star for your SMJHL team another 2-3 seasons?

9. What is your favorite NHL team?

10. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!!

Feel free to ask us any questions you may have about the team, pm @Steelhead77 @Mike Izzy

Maybe we'll call your name on Draft Day and set the league on Fire Together!!!

[Image: source.gif]

Thanks for your Time!

Dragonite Dragonite

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10. What do you know or like about the current team?
Seeing that all or most teams are a solid 9, I would say the Dragons can be a 10.  Seems to have a great group of guys, although I know only 2 in your LR. My GM in Kelowna Katth and CFJ who I share the Kelowna LR with also.  Besides them, I see familiar names from threads and podcasts.

2. What kind of player are you looking to build? Are you open to advice to help you achieve personal and team success?
At first I wanted to build the best offensive player possible!  Now I feel like the best complete all around player would be a better path to choose.  Guess the closest NHL player that my build will compare to would be Malkin, but a little better defensively.  And yes very open minded to altering my build for team success!

3. What are you looking for in an SHL team and what do you enjoy in a locker room?
Nothing special in looking for an SHL team besides being active.  LR I pretty much play the part I guess.  Not to serious in everyday life things, as this is a place to forget real life for a bit and enjoy this world of SHL fantasy!

I am constantly amazed on how everything is dealt with professionalism.  Really makes me feel like a NHL player.  Also the community on discord or podcast and forum are amazing.  I give this league a 10/10

5. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc)
No nothing really, married, have 3 kids, maybe work will be busy coming out of quarantine and might be working will be working 40+hrs a week, but thats ok.  Putting in a hour a day during the week is good and come weekend I can easily put in 10+ hours.

6. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this).
I am over 40, yes BOOMER lol actually not sure If we can use that word anymore, but i am using it on myself so I guess its gud!

I only do media (Bank: $29m+) because tbh, I don't know how to do GFX or Podcast.  Trust me, I do not know how!  Draft

8. Currently the Dragons have a deep roster, anyone we pick will need to be patient. How would you feel about being a star for your SMJHL team another 2-3 seasons?
I have no problems with that.  I still have unfinished business to take care of down here!

Haha  well of coarse the Montreal Canadiens!!

10. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!!
Well I am ranked 2nd in tpe in my class!  Have not missed any tpe besides some missed guesses on primetime games!  I am dedicated to what I have started and intend to see it out.  I want to be the best!

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]

e

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

Bork Lazer Player Page

Code:
1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10. What do you know or like about the current team? I am interested in any team that is interested in me but WT talks higly of y'all so I would say 8

2. What kind of player are you looking to build? Are you open to advice to help you achieve personal and team success? Defensive Punisher. Im Brock Lesnar on ice im whooping ass. I will take all the advice possible relative to my player.

3. What are you looking for in an SHL team and what do you enjoy in a locker room? Chill team, talk about anything. No debbie downers.

4. What have you enjoyed most so far about the SHL?  Anchorage locker room is awesome. ery fun and supportive group.

5. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc) having another son here soon. I dont see me quitting though.

6. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this). 27 in june

7. Have you done any Media, GFX or Podcasts? Feel free to link one for us! yes done a couple media, i know you seen some.

8. Currently the Dragons have a deep roster, anyone we pick will need to be patient. How would you feel about being a star for your SMJHL team another 2-3 seasons? Perfectly fine with that

9. What is your favorite NHL team? San Jose Sarks baybay

10. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!! I am a GM in NSFL and PBE, affiliation is awesome.

[Image: lazer2.png]

05-06-2020, 05:38 AMGeckoeyGecko Wrote: e

e for effort.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

10. I'm on the Raptors right now and I freaking love dinosaurs. Dragons are pretty much flying, fire-breathing dinosaurs, so I'd be pretty stoked to be on the Dragons.

I want to be what most people don't and be good at it. I want to quickly become a reliable 4th center and eventually a good shutdown C. I think I can have a much greater impact on a team that way than by being one of many offensive forwards that can be switched around more easily. I've been open to my SMJHL GM's advice on how to do that best and it'll be the same in the SHL.

I want a team that knows what they're doing. The locker room should be united throughout the rough patches but also speak out when one of their own is being a dickhead (we had st4rface in Colorado this year and boy was I glad that people were able to tell him off).

Honestly, I really enjoyed watching all the drama that unfolded a few weeks back. I obviously don't like the slurs, but the stupid amount of overreaction was quite entertaining.
Sim-wise, I haven't seen much yet, but being part of a team in a desperate playoff push was pretty thrilling.

I joined during the pandemic and that makes the future pretty hard to foresee, but I think I'll have the time, at least for basic updating (AC, PT, etc) every week and I hope I'll find time to make some money as well.

Over 20, under 30.

I haven't done much yet, when I will it'll likely be media. On one side, that's what I'm studying so I know I can be good. On the other side, that's what I'm studying so sometimes I don't feel like doing it in my free time too.

I'm having a good time with the Raptors so that's not really a problem, but I'll still do my best to force your hand in slotting me in for some 4th line shutdown minutes and maybe even some PK action

Absolutely the Habs.

I don't want to be a superstar. I want to be consistently reliable and help my team win by countering the other teams' superstars.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

and can move the puck with skill

Active LR
Engaged and active GM’s
People with Sim experience + access

Community and History by far.

Babies could limit it in a year + if all goes to plan, but shouldn’t torpedo me.

30+

Lots, Izzy knows.

3 seasons is what Id like honestly.

Edmonton #1 – Toronto #2

Check out my last player, I was sort of good.

@Mike Izzy

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

Code:

I've never played on the Dragons or know much about them, but Esa's been respected for as long as I've been around the league and I'd love to play for him. 8

I'd like to do a Patrice Bergeron type TWC but i'll do whatever best helps the team.

Activity and friendship, I like teams that have people playing games together or just shooting the shit, casual stuff like that.

Ive been around for years, I've come to realize that its the people you interact with that make the site fun, not so much the sim.

I mean, these last two weeks I kind of went IA because of finals, but besides that I won't really have anything keeping me from being active until I go to law school the Fall after next.

I turn 22 in 8 days.

I would prefer it, my team in Maine really need a core to stay there for a while and help build them back up to success, I would love to help with that.

The Boston Bruins.

I don't know what to say here, I'd be honored to play for Calgary.

[Image: zNTg4Ew.png]
thanks @suavemente !

5, I don't know anything about the team, so I am indifferent

I want to be a pure sniper. I don't want that to change. If you draft me, you get a sniper. Any advice to help me be a better sniper are welcome. Also if I know I'll play with the same linemates for a longer period of time I'm willing to adapt to them and do something with my build I wouldn't otherwise do, so the line can be as efficient as possible.

I enjoy the people of course! It's great to meet all these Americans and see their way of doing things, which is really contrast to what we have here.

Carolina Kraken LR

At the moment, I believe there is no such negative effect.

I'm 17.

I've been mostly doing videos, I'd love to start doing podcasts also. Videos

As I already said, I really enjoy staying in Carolina Kraken, I don't mind staying there the whole time. After my time in Carolina is finished, I fully expect Dragons to have a roster spot for left wing sniper though.

BOSTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON BRUIIIIIIIIIIINS(now you hate me, don't you?)

I'm the Falcons slayer, it doesn't get any better than that.

Doing a podcast, ask me any question: HERE
[Image: unknown.png][Image: sig.png][Image: viticek.png]
Thanks to @caltroit_red_flames and @sve7en for these amazing sigs!

Player Page
1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10. What do you know or like about the current team?: I like the Dragons. JAKATAR HERE I COME!

2. What kind of player are you looking to build? Are you open to advice to help you achieve personal and team success?: Defensive Focused, Probs old-school or just plain defensive dman

3. What are you looking for in an SHL team and what do you enjoy in a locker room?: Activity and Memeing. I love both

4. What have you enjoyed most so far about the SHL?: Hard question. probs all the friends i've made

5. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc): lets see, Gonna graduate, Gonna be unemployed, Maybe army in January. Other than that nothing

6. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this).: Under 20

7. Have you done any Media, GFX or Podcasts? Feel free to link one for us!: I have done Graphics in here and probably all main Sims expect NFSL.

8. Currently the Dragons have a deep roster, anyone we pick will need to be patient. How would you feel about being a star for your SMJHL team another 2-3 seasons?: Im happy to be down for 3 or 4 seasons chief

9. What is your favorite NHL team?: Leafs. Dont hate me

10. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!!: JAKATAR!

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)