Create Account

S53 Championship Week

Simmer friend claim

ez clap

[Image: 336.jpg]

file worker claim

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2020, 03:40 PM by notoriousTRON.)

Code:
16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
verification: apples

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
With everyone getting a free redistribution this offseason, S54 is quite wide open at the moment. Before those redistributions take place, who would you anticipate being the top team(s) for next season?
I may be in the minority here but I don't think the redistribution will be super impactful in the aggregate. FHM is a much better sim engine than STHS in terms of rewarding highly skilled players in a variety of ways. The redistribution will obviously affect individual players so I think you could see the list of points leaders change, but I believe the teams with the most good players will end up at the top of the league no matter how the TPE is distributed. Teams will be good about creating players with complementary roles to one another. That being said, I expect the good teams to be New England, Los Angeles, Hamilton, and Edmonton. Calgary, Buffalo and San Francisco seem to be making a push to be included in the top tier of teams as well but at this time I don’t see how any team can catch New England.

Code:
13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
a. Who is the best player in this CC finals? Plenty of good candidates: Lagerfield, Phelps, Kryyst, McIntry, Pepperoni, Scholz, etc. Who's your choice for best player and why?
b. Based on player ratings, EDM has the advantage in speed and acceleration and HAM has the advantage in balance and strength. Which team's physical skills will give them the edge in this series?
c. Assemble your ideal fantasy team out of players in this series - F, F, F, D, D, G. Explain your choices.
d. Blizzard... snow... ok debate time - do you like snow? yes or no? why or why not?
a. 
Tony Pepperoni may have the most TPE of any player in this series but Flacko Lagerfield just had a breakout year on top of the league. Flacko scored 34 goals and 27 assists and while neither number led the league, his 71 points beat out Ola Wagstrom by three. After a performance like that, Lagerfield has to be considered the best player in this series.
b. 
Edmonton likes to rush up the ice to create scoring chances off of mismatches, but if Hamilton has its way and plays strong on the puck, they could completely neutralize the speed of Edmonton. They’ll have to play responsibly in their defensive end and the neutral zone however, because turnovers and sloppy puck play could lead to odd man rushes for the Blizzard.
c. 
F - Flacko Lagerfield – Flacko’s breakout season caught a lot of fantasy owners by surprise as he was unowned in many leagues but he’s a no brainer now.
F - Tony Pepperoni – Not only does this dude score more than a point per game, he racked up 109 hits as well
F - Robert Phelps – Second most points scored in the series behind his teammate Flacko. I love high scoring forwards on my fantasy roster.
D - Troy McClure III – Gets his share of hits but blocks a ton of shots as well.
D - Akashi SixNine – Not only does this guy have over 100 hits and almost 50 blocked shots, he also scored 38 points. Not bad for a defender
G - Geezus Kryyst – Edmonton rolls with a duo so I gotta pick the guy who has the position on lock with a 2.11 GAA and a .915 SAV%
d.
Everyone loves snow when they are a kid and it means they’ll be off school. Then when you grow up you realize you have to drive in it and that’s super frustrating if not terrifying depending on how your town handles the roads. However, when you’re married to a teacher and have the ability to work from home when necessary, your transported back to your youth. You watch the news before bed or get up really early looking to see her school listed so you can go back to bed and sleep in. Then you have kids and sleeping in no longer happens. My kids are too young for school but I imagine that when the snow means that they’ll be home too, yelling and running around while I’m trying to work, I’ll be back to hating snow again. But for now, I love the peaceful beauty of a snow covered lawn and trees while I’m working from home with a warm cup of coffee.

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
This reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S53 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in that reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?
The New England Wolfpack and the Los Angeles Panthers were the best teams in their respective conferences all season. In my alternate universe, those two teams survived to face off in the SHL finals this season. In the Eastern Conference finals, Flacko Lagerfield and Ola Wagstrom put on a show in a battle for the ages. Each player lit the lamp 4 times in the first 6 games of the series and the two juggernaut teams went to game 7. A Rex Kirkby slapshot from the blue line found it’s way through in the first OT to send New England to the finals! In the Western Conference Los Angeles handled Edmonton in five games. The Panthers defense, let by Simon LeBlanc bottled up and frustrated Tony Pepperoni and kept him off of the scoresheet for the whole series. Knox Booth in net had the series of his life, picking up two shutouts and posting a .950% over the five game series including stopping 40 of 42 shots in the deciding game five.

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Just like everything else in S53, IIHF is going to be an exciting mystery for us all! We've seen the introduction of a new format (all 14 teams in one group) and it's bound to be a very exciting tournament. What are your predictions for IIHF this season? What team or teams do you think have the best shot at taking home the gold? How do you think your team will fare?
Rhys Pritchard should be making Great Britain’s team for the first time and they’re coming off a gold medal in the S52 tournament. Granted last season’s tournament was simmed in STHS and not FHM so this season is a question mark. I believe that Great Britain have the talent to compete with the big boys on the national stage. Team USA and Canada have a lot of huge names but Great Britain has their fair share of star power as well. It remains to be see what kind of role Rhys will for his country. For one thing, he’s capped at 425 for his junior build. Likely he’ll be playing 4th line minutes as the Brits have many high profile forwards on their team including Vince Reaper, Xena, Nick Brain, Jimmy Slothface, and Oliver Cloutier. To expect another gold medal would be crazy, but I do think Great Britain has a chance of medaling again in this year’s tournament.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020, 08:49 PM by Gwdjohnson.)

Code:
This reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S53 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in that reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?

A little awkward to answer this one, with my team being in the finals and all, but in an alternate reality NEW and LAP could very easily follow up on their strong regular seasons where they both topped their respective conferences, and make the finals to play each other. Despite being swept, the Panthers went toe-to-toe with Edmonton all series long and managed to bring every single game to overtime, but just couldn't get the finishing touch all four times. In this alternate reality, LA could have taken at least half of those games for themselves instead of leaving the series entirely empty-handed. As for NEW, if goalie Johannes Leitner stood tall for them the same way Geezus Kryyst did for Hamilton, this could have been a drastically different series. The Pack's offensive firepower was largely shut down by the S51 playoff MVP winning goalie, and had it not been that way we could've very well seen a different Eastern finalist. (161 words)

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
With new tools at our disposal in FHM, we may eventually see some new awards enter the fold. Create a suggestion for a new SHL award. What kind of achievement is the award given for? Who's the award named after? Who would've won the award this season?

Ah this one is easy. None other than the Cameron Carter II award which goes to the best power forward. When we were on STHS, a huge metric that went into deciding the winner of the two-way forward award (the Jeff Dar trophy) was the amount of hits a player had along with point totals, but now in FHM more metrics are readily available to decide the defensive responsibilities of a player. Stuff like giveaways/takeaways, Defensive Game Rating and a bunch of advanced stats being readily available in the index kind of invalidates physicality as a primary metric for a two-way forward, so a power forward award would help incentivize and validate players who want to score big while also being a commanding physical presence on the ice. The award would be named after Chicago's Cameron Carter II, who over the last seasons of STHS was synonymous with the Dar award due to his power forward qualities that have been reduced in importance with the transition to FHM. (169 words)

Code:
Just like everything else in S53, IIHF is going to be an exciting mystery for us all! We've seen the introduction of a new format (all 14 teams in one group) and it's bound to be a very exciting tournament. What are your predictions for IIHF this season? What team or teams do you think have the best shot at taking home the gold? How do you think your team will fare?

Well funny you should say that because it looks like IIHF actually won't change in format because FHM is unable to have a schedule with an odd number of games (it causes an error). However, I do think it's nonetheless a good opportunity to start from scratch in nation reputations and perceived quality (and no I'm not just saying this because I'm the fed head of the nation probably most fucked by STHS), and start anew in rankings. I think that the gold will go to probably USA, but Canada, Germany and Czechia will be nipping at their heels. I'm excited for the tournament itself, which will be my last as Canada fed head, and I do think we have the quality in our squad to make a push for gold. Last season we did too, but Simon T decided to turn Nolan McMahon into Swiss cheese on ice so that was fun. (153 words)

Code:
13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
a. Who is the best player in this CC finals? Plenty of good candidates: Lagerfield, Phelps, Kryyst, McIntry, Pepperoni, Scholz, etc. Who's your choice for best player and why?
b. Based on player ratings, EDM has the advantage in speed and acceleration and HAM has the advantage in balance and strength. Which team's physical skills will give them the edge in this series?
c. Assemble your ideal fantasy team out of players in this series - F, F, F, D, D, G. Explain your choices.
d. Blizzard... snow... ok debate time - do you like snow? yes or no? why or why not?

- a. It's a bit of a tough question but I feel like I have to say Geezus Kryyst. He always makes sure that when the time comes, he will show up when it matters. He already won a Razov before this season, and he has put himself in the position to take another one with his stellar performances. In the finals, he was a brick wall and deserves to be rewarded as such.
- b. Looking at just how the New England and Hamilton series went in the Eastern Conference Finals, Hamilton's physical and defensive style was dominant even against a New England squad that plowed the defences of other teams. The finals are over now so this is true, but Hamilton's ability to create chances could overwhelm Edmonton like it did the Wolfpack.
- c. F - Flacko Lagerfield - Lagerfield was dominant last season, leading the league in points and thriving in Hamilton's style of play.
F - Robert Phelps - An ageless wonder who continues to deliver season after season for Hamilton, Phelps once again topped 60 points for the Steelhawks this season.
F - Tony Pepperoni - The MVP of S52, Pepperoni once again had a good season in S53, and was a dominant piece of the puzzle that got Edmonton into the finals.
D - Tig Murphy - Very defensively responsible while also being capable offensively, Murphy has always been a complete package for Hamilton.
D - Brady McIntyre - Very similarly to Murphy, McIntyre is a jack of all trades dman who can dominate on both ends of the ice.
G - Geezus Kryyst - Easy pick here despite how Tommy Tuck played. He's the MVP of these playoffs so he gets this spot between the pipes.
- d. Of course I like snow. Living in Montreal snow is a pretty significant part of the year, so I can't say I hate it. The one thing I dislike is that I lose the ability to cycle places when snow falls in the winter, but it's manageable in a place where we're all used to it.

Code:
16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification: @RAT

TOTAL TPE: 16

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

[url=http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=12365&view=findpost&p=174689]PBE PT/url]

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2020, 12:52 PM by Rabidsponge21.)

PBE PT

With everyone getting a free redistribution this offseason, S54 is quite wide open at the moment. Before those redistributions take place, who would you anticipate being the top team(s) for next season?

With new tools at our disposal in FHM, we may eventually see some new awards enter the fold. Create a suggestion for a new SHL award. What kind of achievement is the award given for? Who's the award named after? Who would've won the award this season?

Arya

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2020, 01:20 PM by dankoa.)

Code:

In an alternate reality, there would only be one Challenge Cup champion; the Texas Renegades. They would go from being balls deep in a rebuild to a playoff team somehow, and by sheer fluke and force of will, they'd be able to move from being one of the league's very worst teams to its best. This season we would have faced a tough first round matchup against the Winnipeg Jets, before meeting a difficult Minnesota Chiefs team in a conference finals. We somehow got through them which set things up for the ultimate contest between the league's two greatest teams in this alternate reality - ourselves and the Toronto North Stars. Instead of being the league's very worst and an all out tanking team, here we see the Toronto North Stars as a powerhouse team stacked from top to bottom with a wealth of talent, making them a very serious opponent. However, we are able to get through them and make it to the Challenge Cup. This alternate reality is clearly superior to the reality in which we currently live and I would like it to be the one I live in.

Code:

It's difficult to say who's going to sit at the very top of the pile next season. I can say it probably won't be us or Toronto, but beyond that there isn't really any guarantees. If I was forced to pick however, I would probably lean toward one of the two teams we just saw face off in the Eastern Conference finals. I thought of this series as the true battle for the cup, with both the Hamilton Steelhawks and the New England Wolfpack being insanely stacked and well coached, and a clear level above the rest of the competition this season. I was surprised that Hamilton won the series by the margin that they did, but I predicted them to be the best team this time around at the start of the season and I think it'd be hard to against them next time around. They've got a good roster and probably the best coaching in the league, so it'd be foolish to look elsewhere for me.

Code:

Based on what we've seen from FHM in terms of the results it's produced in the SHL, it'll be interesting to see whether the lower level of parity carries through to the IIHF. If it does, it might finally be time for Canada to relive its glory days from when Gorlab was at the helm and they basically won gold every season without fail. They have a stacked roster to choose from, and it'll be tough to see anyone competing with them in that department. Maybe the small amount of sim luck involved will go against them, or other teams may be able to outcoach them, but otherwise I can't really see beyond them. I think Finland is still going to be struggling a bit. We have a team that is mostly very young, and it'll be tough to see us get very far, but I'm staying optimistic and not ruling success out completely.

Code:

The best player in this finals series is clear for all to see; Flacko Lagerfield has lead the league in scoring again this season, and having previously won the league's MVP award, he looks set to be very much on track to a Hall of Fame career. If he's able to add another Challenge Cup to his resume then he might as well start getting his bust made up already. Flacko has had a consistently strong career, and based on what we've seen this season he certainly has the potential to prove the margin by which he is the best player in the series.

Code:

I personally believe that Balance is something of a dark horse of an attribute in FHM. The top players all seem to have a high balance rating, and it seems to translate into good results within the game. I do think however that speed is very important too, and it could be the case that Edmonton is able to catch Hamilton on the break and put some goals up from counterattacking positions. It's hard to say which team's set of physical attributes will help them more, but for me, I'm going to take the high Balance score. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out with this in mind tho

Code:

My ideal fantasy team would be; F - Tony Pepperoni, F - Aaron Wilson, F - Flacko Lagerfield, D - Tig Murphy, D - Karlstraße Scholz and G - Geezus Kryst. I think this are simply the best players in the series, I tried to get a good mix in as well and think this team would do pretty well. Lagerfield and Pepperoni are both former MVPs, Murphy has a Stevens, Wilson has been great this season, Kryyst has helped carry Hamilton to a cup before and Scholz is a very good defensive option for the Blizzard.

Code:

I love snow. Both the weather and the song. I haven't seen heavy snow in ages and I do kind of miss it. I don't really think I'd want to live somewhere super cold like Edmonton tho so maybe I don't love it to the extent that I love the Blizzard, or a blizzard. It's a tough question, the kind that Championship Week should be asking.

Code:

Verification word: travisscottfortniteconcert2020

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Pt pass claim

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2020, 12:47 PM by EricNCSU.)

Honestly, this might be a little bit of a cop-out, but my assumption would be the teams that were successful this season won't need to do a lot of adjustments. The assumption might be that their builds already work well for FHM, so the teams at the top this season, New England, Edmonton, Hamilton and LA will likely be the top teams next season as well. It will be interesting to see how some of the mid-range teams fare in there adjustments. Perhaps Calgary, New Orleans or Buffalo could make a jump to the top. The teams at the bottom will mostly likely stay at the bottom even with adjustments.  Texas, Toronto and now Tampa Bay all going through major rebuilding periods and that won't change much. I would look for next season's standings to look pretty similar to how they looked this season. I guess we'll find out! (150 words)

Again, not to completely cop out the answer, but just like the redistribution question above, I'm not sure IIHF will honestly be that different. The big powerhouses like US, Canada and Russian will probably continue to dominate.  With that said, there could be some interesting things with FHM, such as the builds, tactics and strategies that could help the smaller teams adjust that weren't available options in Simon.  So that will be interesting to see.  Also, if the IIHF goes to a roster limit like SHL (if it's not already) with 3 lines and 3 D pairs, that could encourage more people to transfer out of the bigger nations and bolster the smaller ones. I don't know anything about the new groupings but of course anything that extends the round robin and has the teams playing more games than anything can happen. That could certainly mix things up a bit! (152 words)

8. Written/Graphic, 3 TPE (150 words min. for written option)

The arenas in Edmonton and Hamilton certainly don't need any gimmicks to get people into the stadium for the series, but the arenas want to make sure they're pulling out all the stops on the big stage. Help the concessions department of one of these two teams develop a new product, with marketing specifically pertaining to this finals series, to be sold at the arena during the finals. Describe the product and the marketing in 150 words or create a promotional poster showing the product, its name, the price, etc.

[Image: klondike-dog.png]

9. Graphic, 3 TPE

Create a magazine cover that highlights either a player in the finals or a standout player from the regular season.

[Image: magazine.png]

Verification Word: Crows

I do like snow. Growing up in North Carolina snow was a rarity so it was nice when it happened.  Of course, being a kid that means getting out of school and getting to play in it.  Not so much as an adult.  Moving to Oregon, I moved about 10 degrees of latitude to the North, but the weather here is surprisingly temperate. Actually very similar to NC so snow is somewhat rare. Although, now I still have to get out and go to work and had to figure out how to use tire chains for the first time in my life. So, I like to watch the snow fall and like to look at it, but I no longer like to get out in it. (126 words, 1 TPE)

16 TPE Claimed

[Image: hudson.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020, 11:44 PM by Glyc.)

Verification Glycy
1. The world is ablaze, the lights have gone out yet there is still power in a lone rink in Toronto, the birthplace of Hockey and now the by default champions of the SHL, NHL,Liga and hell, just about every other league. Ever since the Rona happened and all of the leagues shut down, hockey just hasnt been the same. For one, with every hockey team except for Toronto centric ones being shut down, the entire Toronto area has been flooded with every able hockey player left alive. The results of this are interesting to say the least. The North Stars have become the #1 seeded team in the SHL and due to its length of schedule have attracted many of the leagues top players resulting in a year round sweep as there are no challengers. Truthfully this might just be the darkest timeline in the SHL, and I hope it never sees the light of day.

2. The whole playing field should be in the air going into next season so I really appreciate this being from a perspective of before the changes. With that being said though, I expect teams with strong FHM presences to continue on that trend. So with that being said I expect Hamilton to be near the top along with the Wolfpack. However I see a possibility for new teams to break into the mix. Particularly with the LAP. They’ve surged and it looks like theyre once again ready to be a full time challenger for this new era of the SHL. In addition I can see a few new challengers as some teams begin to fall off with age. Primarily I see changes in the west with the aging specters and the Blizzard not getting much younger. However who will replace them is as good a question as any, we will just have to see.

6. Hello ladies and gentlemen, its time for the third period intermission and we thought we would keep it increasingly interesting this year with a series of events for everyone enjoyment! First of all, we’ve been lucky enough to be flushed with fan volunteers this time a round which is fantastic and we couldnt be more thankful, but now for the main event! A ten v ten style brawl between drunken Edmonton and Hamilton fans! We’ve got head protectors and mouth guards for our contenders but other than that the only rules are to prevent gouging and groin kicks. Luckily pre broken glass bottles have been provided for the odd shivving as well. We’ve got paramedics on stand by to assist in the clean up of the fun and we truly hope that this will bring together the communities in their individual trials for the Challenge cup in the remainder of the series

13 a. The best player in the finals for me would have to be Tony Pepperoni, though that isnt due to his performance this playoffs but rather this season as a whole. Pepperoni is consistently a top performer and I believe that him losing was a fluke and with a re do and re play of the series that we would see who came out on top.
B. I think that the physical skill advantage is going to go down to Hamilton, the team is built around much larger players in general and I have confidence that theyve put their best stats and roster forward as theyve been known to run plenty of tests before committing to paper.
D. Snow is cool, I am personally a fan however I feel like a blizzard is a little too much and quite frankly something that no one wants because it can cut power which impacts the enjoyment of staying home due to a blizzard. Snow storms are Aight though but thats an exception.
16 - Verification at top
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2020, 08:10 PM by StadiumGambler.)

Code:

In Alternate Reality #457A, the West sees Winnipeg nip NOLA and San Fran to the line for the 4th playoff spot, with Calgary winning the conference, Edmonton finishing 2nd, and LA 3rd. Winnipeg stuns Calgary with an upset in a tough 7 game series, Edmonton beats LA in 5, but then loses to the Peg in 6, thanks to a 7 goal series performance from Nick Brain.

In the East, its Hamilton, New England, Manhattan, and Buffalo. Buffalo beats Hamilton in 6, New England beats Manhattan in 6, and Buffalo manages to down New England in 5 games to reach the Challenge Cup Finals off the back of a strong outing from Cassius Darrow, who has no goals, but 16 assists and the best defensive numbers in the playoffs so far.

The rematch of the Season 48 Cup Finals sees a pattern of OT win / blowout / OT win / Blowout / OT win / Blowout, with Buffalo getting the blowouts and Winnipeg getting the tough wins. It all comes down to Game 7, and the winner comes from Commander Shepard beating Cedric Robinson on a breakaway to seal victory for the Jets in Game 7 by a score of 3-2.

Nick Brain takes home the playoff MVP with 15 goals and 15 assists in 20 playoff games, but Vivian Leblanc and Commander Shepard warrant strong consideration as well. Buffalo is left wondering what could have been despite an awesome team effort and outscoring the Jets by a considerable amount in the playoffs.

---

Code:
3. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which player from the Steelhawks or the Blizzard would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?

I think Emiko Spector has a good shot at winning a goalie award. Emiko seems to overachieve in the sim at times, and if Manto sticks with it and the Blizzard keep being excellently run, Spector could pick up some goalie hardware, evne if there are hypothetically better goaltenders available in terms of talent.

Amongst Hamilton's boys, I think Samuel Michaud could see some defensive hardware. He has commendable work ethic and is a Top 3 defensive prospect from the Season 50 draft class. Once he gets more minutes as veterans like Tig Murphy cycle out, we could see Michaud winning some awards and getting recognition as a star talent on the Hamilton blueline corps.

---

Code:

I would like to see a sort of "unsung hero" award, going to players that perform well in harsh circumstances. Theres debate in the IRL NFL about MVP awards, and whether the award should go to the player with the big sexy numbers, or the player that can be proved to be absolutely essential to the team's success via a strong performance that would leave a team moribund if said player were average: hence being the Most Valuable. This unsung hero award could go to players like that.

An unsung hero award in Season 53 could go to players such as Luca Del Vecchio, who was outstanding in net and carried a subpar and rebuilding West Kendall Platoon away from the basement, or Collin Gibbles, who had tied for the best Defensive Game Rating in the league for Forwards, and had an astounding 181 blocked shots by a considerable distance. Or Jax Aittokallio, who scored less than his more prolific teammate Luke Thomason, but did a commendable two-way job that helped Manhattan make the playoffs.

---

Code:

My hopes for IIHF is obviously a Great Britain / United Kingdom / whatever we're calling ourselves these days repeat, and I think the possibility is certainly there. Our forward depth could use a little more talent and polish, but our top lines and defense core are excellent, and Luca Del Vecchio earned his spurs professionally after a strong first season for the West Kendall Platoon. I think they're in it to win it with an excellent chance. Hopefully Nick Brain has another excellent Gold Medal Game for GB too along the way.

For other contenders, I'll just keep assuming that Canada has the quality to make a run, and be disappointed as usual if it doesn't pan out. Still, I have a nice teammate there in Commander Shepard, and him getting some international hardware would be nice. USA should also have the depth to contend, and then we've got Sweden who have an excellent leader and the most dangerous Forward in the league, and checking him will be a top priority.

---

Code:
7. Written/Graphic, 2 TPE (100 words min. for written option)
Even though the Panthers fell short this season, the LA influence has been felt around the league and execs in Hollywood are paying more attention to the SHL with the hometown team making waves. If your player could have a cameo in any tv show or movie, what show/movie would they choose? (for the purposes of this PT you may choose a show/movie that already exists just uhhh pretend they re-shoot it with your cameo or something idk).

Nick Brain's got an offer to cameo in the sequel to the Sonic the Hedgehog movie. He would cameo as the voice of a comic relief incompetent killer robot named E-109, created by the evil Doctor Robotnik, that tries to destroy Sonic but at best ends up just mildly inconveniencing or even benefiting Sonic and his crew.

Nick would also do mo-cap for several 3d-generated characters involved in an ice skating scene, making sure to give the animators some good skating form and technique to work off of when they eventually animate the scene in full. Overall its an interesting experience, although Nick isn't a huge Sonic fan, helping the video game industry break further into the movie industry with quality titles helps.

---

Code:

a) In terms of sheer talent and ability, it should be Tony Pepperoni. However, Geezus Kryyst plays Goalie which should be considered the most important position in the game (although the sim says otherwise), and Lagerfield of course had that unlikely late career revival, not to mention the overall quality of both bluelines is fairly good. I'm inclined to still say its Tony Pepperoni.
d) I like snow, I just hate the cold that comes with it. Winter is a very pretty season, with the snow making for a fun backdrop and an ideal setting for a lot of stories and video games and the like. It just sucks having to walk or drive through it over long distances is all, and it sucks needing to constantly bundle up, even indoors sometimes my hands get so cold in the winter.

---

Code:

Verification word: TriviaAnswers

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

Reggie

[Image: Luke.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2020, 01:30 AM by NUCK.)

2. With the new distribution and the season of experience in the books for all GM's, I think we will see Calgary and Edmonton on the top in S54. You can call it what you like but both teams have great coaching and team chemistry. You allow both teams to tweak their already solid lineups just a tad and I am sure they will both be top horses in the league, forget the West!

Calgary has one of, if not the most successful GM/Coach in the last 30 seasons with Esa and it's hard to not expecting them to be right back on top. Edmonton just keeps doing well and look to be an issue every season, especially for Calgary. If it is not one it is the other, both teams look strong on paper and both teams did well in S53. I only expect to see both teams improving off of there last seasons efforts.

16. Nuck

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2020, 01:44 PM by bluesfan55.)

done, codeword bloss

This reality is one where the New Orleans Specters do not accidentally cheat and get punished, and it's one where Charlie Serpe is not busted for using PEDs. Yes, the Specters are clean and end up defeating Los Angeles in a thrilling seven game series before dumping Edmonton in 6. They face a triumphant New England Wolfpack team who steamrolled into the Finals by not losing a game, including a sweep of the Hamilton Steelhawks in the ECF capped off by a 7-1 win. New England is definitely the favorite in this series due to the fact that they have yet to lose a playoff game, riding Ola Wagstrom's point-scoring prowess, while New Orleans have rallied behind the hot hand of Aliester Cain, who has singlehandedly kept the Specters in some games (i.e. Game 5 of the WCF where he stopped all 60 Edmonton shots in a 1-0 NOLA win). Should be a fantastic, close, and thrilling series.

Code:

New England are up there of course, due to the fact they have some of the highest TPE players in the league (Wagstrom, Clapper, Kirkby, van Otter). They're a hard team to play against due to those 4 players. Buffalo are well-managed and should be able to do well due to the leadership they have over there with WBF and Tomen. Hamilton are a team I think will do well again because they have a bunch of guys there (gwdjohnson, goldenapricot) who know FHM inside and out, so they should be able to rekindle their magic. NOLA added Olivier Cloutier and should be up there again with the talent they have up front and Edmonton is another team you can't count out. No one expected them to make the Challenge Cup finals, yet here they are. They won't be a spoiler again next season but you cannot underestimate them anymore. Next season will be close.

Code:
Which player from the Steelhawks or the Blizzard would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?

I think Samuel Michaud is going to be one of the best defensemen in the league over the next 10 seasons, and garner himself a Scott Stevens Trophy in the near future. I am not saying this because he is my juniors GM and a former Armada teammate of mine (love you @golden_apricot), but because he's consistently outperformed expectations. He's one of the best players in his class as a second-round pick, he scored 24 points this season and had a 71 DGR, and he's just a hard working dude who will break out soon. Playing on a talented team in Hamilton doesn't help either. I expect big things from the Norwegian blueliner.

Code:

As a new IIHF co-head for Switzerland, I couldn't be more excited about my first tournament as one of the heads. I think it's going to be a very exciting and close tournament with of course the powerhouse countries in the UK, US, Sweden, and Canada standing out. But you cannot sleep on Switzerland, Czechia, and Austria. Austria have done very well with transfers and they have a good young team filled with talent. Czechia have arguably the best IIHF locker room, and maybe even the best period, and boast stars like MacIntyre, Smyth, Vent, the list just goes on and on and on. They're medal favorites in my opinion. And of course, there's my team, Switzerland. We won silver in S51 (hard to forget that it was only two seasons ago with virtually the same team we have now, and with Bischoff unbanked and myself soon to do so, we are going to be better than last tournament. Add in one of the league's best playmakers in Slap McShotty and a defensive core led by Mathias Seger and FR Finn-Rhys, plus solid goaltending from Tibuk Soonika and Markus Tegernako, and you've got youself a sleeper team. I think we'll have a good tournament and make the medal round for the second time in our history.

F- Flacko Lagerfield. One of the best players in the league last season.
F - Tony Pepperoni. Edmonton's star forward and a guy I'd trust with my own kids, let alone winning a cup.
F - Sophia Bennett. You need veteran leadership with a scoring touch and she's got both in spades.
D - Gabriel Johnson. The breakout player of the season with 47 points as a blueliner.
D - Karlstrasse Scholz. You can't argue with 41 points this season. I want defensemen who can score and he can.
G - Geezus Kryyst. My guy went 35-6-3 with a 2.11 GAA and a .915 save percentage. Best goalie in the league this season.

I do not like snow. I live in New Jersey. We get snow days like once a year. And I have to shovel the driveway (not fun at all) while facing snowballs to the head from my sister (also not fun at all). And it's cold, and I do not like the cold. So I hate snow, but i do like the rapper Snow who did informer (he know me daddy me snow me i go blam, a licky boom boom down).

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2020, 10:48 AM by lilstifler.)

Code:

I think that a regular season award will get a player from Hamilton and that will be Flacko Lagerfield. He was the best player this regular season with 71 point and I think that he will continue earn points next season. And just look at his stats, he got 34 goals and 37 assist, we can see that there is something like 50/50 in point earning and that means that he is good sniper and playmaker, too. And there is now so much players who can do theese two things good. Usually, there are good snipers and good playmakers, not both things. And yea, Lagerfield, next seasons leader in points and also leader in goals.

(116 words) +2TP

Code:

I think that there will not be a big differences from this season to next. Hamilton, Blizzards and I think that next season Calgary will be better than this season. I don't know why but I think that it will be that. Hamilton is my team but that is not reason that I pick them as one of the favorites of cup, that is because they are good, very good at tactics in this sim system. Also they have a good roster and bench too. But we can't forgot about Panthers and Wolfpack, too. They finished first in each conference and that is very good result but they are not in the SHL finals. Looks like they are more regular season teams, and not a play- off teams. S54 will be interesting because this was a first season with FHM and a lot of GMs learned about tactics and lines and I think that next season all GMs will be much smarter and we would see much more interesting games.

(170 words) +3TP

Code:

IIHF is a interesting mistery for me and I think for all players. With FHM and new format there will be much more interesting games and standings will be closer. That's just my opinion. Strongest teams, as that was before - Sweden, USA, UK and Ireland but maybe Germany , Russia and Japan will join them to fight for medals. My predictions are that Sweden will win gold this season. My national team Latvia was strong long time ago but I'm hoping that will happen again and I will do anything what I can to help team win medals in future. But now, I'm just junior player and I think that I will be in UCORCALs roster this year, too. Latvia is strong country but this is not good time for us. Last year we didn't reached medal round. But who knows, maybe this year with FHM we will do it. I will watch and support my national team.

(157 words) +3TP

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Come up with a program of intermission entertainment for one of the games of the finals. What's the between-period on-ice entertainment the fans will enjoy? The goofier the better, go crazy.

This is something interesting, let me think. If I were fan I would like to see something funny. Okay, 4th game of series, 2nd intermission and mascots go to ice. They go to the ice center, and spin around themselves, then they have tasks to do. They need to score a goal from center and remember that they was spinning around and know they feel dizzy. I think people will like that mascots will fall down before shot or after shot. After that, next task is speed skating, and we will know who is fastest mascot of SHL. After tasks, all mascots are fighting with each other and that mascot who win this fight will be winner of this mascot games if we can name this tasks like that. If people laugh all is okay and they like it. Also can't forget about fans and give them a gifts. Little mascot soft toys.

(153 words) +3TP

Code:

A. Lagerfield is the best man in finals. He was a fenomenal at regular season and I can't see any chances to other guys to beat him. Okay, maybe he's teammate Phelps but noone else here. I'm Hamilton fan and I'm drafted by Hamilton, so I can't be very good at this choice.

(52 words) +1TP

D. Yes, I like snow. I like that white colour behind windows in the morning and I like cold weather, too. Our winters in Latvia aren't very cold and snowy anymore and that's the reason I miss time like that. It's also fun to drive a car in winter. And snow, it associates me with hockey.

(55 words) +1TP

Code:

SENT +3TP
Verficiation Word: Latvietis

Total: 16/16 TPE