Create Account

S53 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020, 09:11 PM by Zomp.)

2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.) -
With everyone getting a free redistribution this offseason, S54 is quite wide open at the moment. Before those redistributions take place, who would you anticipate being the top team(s) for next season?
I personally believe that the New England Wolf Pack will end up being the top team next season. I feel as though they have the strongest core out of any other SHL team, being led by Ola Wagstrom who will be a perennial MVP in the league. They've made some small changes to the team following the defeat in the play-offs where they picked up a goalie who's in a much better position TPE wise that they'll be able to rely on in the net. Last season they proved to easily be one of the best teams during the regular season, although they didn’t manage to win the Challenge Cup they did prove the best record in the league by far. It would be hard to imagine a possibility for them to do poorly next season given the fact that their players are still improving and they’re making trades to reinforce their squad.

5. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Just like everything else in S53, IIHF is going to be an exciting mystery for us all! We've seen the introduction of a new format (all 14 teams in one group) and it's bound to be a very exciting tournament. What are your predictions for IIHF this season? What team or teams do you think have the best shot at taking home the gold? How do you think your team will fare?

I believe that the changes that have come to the IIHF this year are fantastic. Having fourteen teams all playing against each other should be a ton of fun for everyone involved, as well as there being much more competition. I personally think that the United States is going to end up doing the best in the IIHF this year. They're the most stacked team by far in terms on TPE, as well as having a great leadership guiding their players along. They have a very solid offense, as well as a strong defensive lines with superb goaltenders in the back to get them out of any mistakes that they make. I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a clean run without allowing a single loss in the tournament. With that in mind, I believe that Canada and Great Britain also will have some good success in the IIHF, although I'm not too sure that they'll be able to really compete with the United States this year.

6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)Come up with a program of intermission entertainment for one of the games of the finals. What's the between-period on-ice entertainment the fans will enjoy? The goofier the better, go crazy. 
If you ask a hockey fan what one of their favorite things are about the sport, odds are that they'll mention the word violence. I think that a fantastic form on on-ice entertainment for an intermission could be mascot jousting. This would involve both of the mascots to hop up upon separate zamboni's that are driving toward each other, each mascot would be holding a hockey stick in their hands and would attempt to knock the other off as the zamboni's pass by each other. I personally believe this could be great fun for the fans, as well as the mascot's as long as they're wearing padding underneath it and don't fall in front of of the zamboni. If that was the case, it could prove to be the end of jousting entirely in the league and result in multiple lawsuits which wouldn't be fun for the fans, nor the owners of either team. Hopefully they'll stay safe.

7. Written/Graphic, 2 TPE (100 words min. for written option)
[Image: XMLDYPy.jpg]
Ethan Price has been invited to join the cast on the upcoming spin off of Game Of Thrones. Here is a photo of him riding his dragon into battle.

13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify. - 2 TPE

B - Based on player ratings, EDM has the advantage in speed and acceleration and HAM has the advantage in balance and strength. Which team's physical skills will give them the edge in this series?
I personally believe that Edmonton has the advantage with their speed and acceleration. Although Hamilton might be the stronger team, they'll only be able to make the physical play if they're able to keep up with the Edmonton players to be able to get the hit off. Edmonton's acceleration will most likely make for many breakaways and golden opportunities to score as they blitz past the Hamilton defenders. Although, Hamilton might be able to shut down Edmonton if they're able to slow down the game through their physical play.

D - Blizzard... snow... ok debate time - do you like snow? yes or no? why or why not?
Snow is absolutely lovely, especially after it's first fallen. As it falls upon the branches of trees, it makes for a lovely view. Although, after a few days have passed following the snow falling it starts to look quite dirty. However, I think that the initial bliss that it brings along makes it an easy choice. I can't imagine living in a state that doesn't see snow every year, it's always something to look forward to.

16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE
Zomp

16/16 TPE

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2020, 05:23 PM by karlssens.)

2. Written, 3 TPE
Last time around I recall a few articles in the SHL media section predicting teams like New England and Hamilton would do well given the amount of TPE among their players, and their predictions seemed to be quite accurate. Hitching on to that idea twoteams I think will benefit from the redistribution are the San Francisco Pride and Manhattan Rage. Conveniently enough both teams were the finalists in S53, yet one team got bumped in the quarterfinals and the other didn't even qualify. Both of these teams possess some top end talent with lofty TPE totals and I think both will benefit greatly from a TPE redistribution and the opportunity to build a cup contending team. You could argue a big part of their lack of success comes down to strategy, but I think the trip to the finals in S53 proves they know what it takes to win, they just need some time to adjust to the new sim engine.

4. Written, 3 TPE
Whoah do you have access to the awards committee discord?! We actually talked about this at some length recently. I'm going to go ahead and say my peace here. Perhaps one of the toughest awards to win, and more importantly select a winner, is the Jeff Dar. For the longest time the argument was big points and hits totals secure the win, but as of late the awards committee, and by extension all users, now have access to advanced stats like corsi, giveaway/takeaway production, etc. Hits become less and less critical in voting, or the very least my own voting, so how do you reward the real gritty guys that rack up hits but also show up on the scoreboard regularly? I think the Dar should be refocused to look purely at defensive contributions and we introduce a new award the focuses on the physical side of the game. Guys that rack up big points and huge hit totals are far from my idea of the prototypical two-way or defensive minded forward and they should have their own award to reward their aggressive play. As for the name a few come to mind, but I'd lean towards a retired, and hall of fame player, like Taylor McDavid. he is the all time leader in hits with 3434 and was also a total beast in his prime racking up a ton of points. Mr. Izzy is closing in on those hits though and would be fitting name too if he retired Wink

5. Written, 3 TPE
Wow i wasn't aware of the changes. This is going to be a wild IIHF for sure. On the top of the standings I predict we'll have the usual suspects like Germany, Canada, USA, Ireland and Austria and towards the bottom we'll have the smaller teams with lower TPE pools like Latvia, Switzerland and Japan. I'll admit I don't follow the IIHF too much, but based on chats with my teammates I know my home base of Norway is more likely going to end up near the bottom than the top. I mean I'm hoping we can make the medal round, but I won't be shocked if we're one of the unfortunate teams that gets bumped in the round robin. As for my pick to win it all I locked in Austria in the prediction. They've done a good job of accumulating solid TPE players and I think they'll take the time to assemble quality lines. My runner ups are Canada and USA. Both have large pools of TPE to draw from and if they take the time, like I know Austria will, I think they'll medal. Potentially even take home that gold!

13. Written, up to 4 TPE
a. Aww you put me in the list! With McIntyre on the decline (TPE wise), Pepperoni and Scholz will be looked at the be the #1 forward and defenseman respectively. That being said there is no arguing this is Pepperoni's team. Just a couple seasons since he won league MVP he's barely missed a beat since then and is still easily one of the top players in the league. Definitely #1 in these finals.
b. Sadly I have little to no idea what the sim engine rewards, but if it's anything like the current NHL you have to believe speed and acceleration win over balance and power. Realistically a combination of all four would be ideal, but if I had to pick one I'm locking in speed and acceleration. Can't win the puck if you get there last.
c. On offense I'd take Pepperoni as my center and Phelps and Lagerfield as my wingers. Pepperoni is a proven commodity and while I may have steered away from Phelps and Lagerfield given their age, they have more than proven their value this season. On defense I'd take McIntyre and Gabriel Johnson. While McIntyre has yet to land that Steven's winning season he is arguably one of the most consistent defenseman in the league over the last decade. Johnson on the other hand finally won his Stevens after being nominated three seasons in a row and will likely be nominated again this season. Between the pipes I'm taking Kryyst. No knock to Edmonton, but if I can only have 1 goalie I'll take the proven #1 over the tandem. If it's by committee I'll take my boys.
d. Blizzard... snow... ok debate time - do you like snow? yes or no? why or why not?
Snow, snow and more snow. While I do like me some summer sports I'd much rather be skiing. A hot summer day is great, but I just don't think it can compete with the beautiful view that is a fresh dump of snow. It's just so peaceful. For reference i live in Edmonton so it's in my best interest to enjoy the snow. We have to deal with it for almost 6-8 months of the year.

16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - sent. verification code is "karl".

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
This reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S53 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in that reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?

In our alternate reality, it would be the reality in which the playoffs went perfectly to how I predicted they would have gone. In this reality I would gain maximum tpe in my playoff predictions. Somewhere in another timeline, the Wolfpack continued their regular season dominance and crushed their competition all the way to the finals where of course they would win that too. New England is just unstoppable in this universe with Wagstrom, McShotty and Otter carrying the team each potting over 25 points a piece in their playoff run. Not only that, but their goalies continue their dominant streak that they had throughout the regular season and somehow improve on their .924 and .958 save percentages and nab at least 4 shutouts on their way to victory. The whole team would have followed Morgan's example and the whole team would pick up their hitting. They physically dominated their opponents as well as putting up double the amount of goals against their opponents as they let in. A complete and total victory.

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
With everyone getting a free redistribution this offseason, S54 is quite wide open at the moment. Before those redistributions take place, who would you anticipate being the top team(s) for next season?

I'd expect that the top teams for next year are going to look much like the top teams from this year. I expect New England to remain dominant. Their roster only has a few players that will be in regression, the rest of the team will only get better. I expect them to look really good next season and will most likely have a good shot at winning the regular season once again. All they will have to do is not ruin their builds with the redistribution. The Steelhawks will have no new players hitting regression this offseason, but they have a bunch of players that will regress deeper. This could cause them to fall off a little bit, and I would not expect them to make the finals again next season. Edmonton has their best player, Tony Pepperoni, entering regression at the end of this season. I think this will cause Edmonton to fall off a little bit, but not enough that they shouldn't be considered a top team in the league. I think they have another good year next year. The LA Panthers have two of their best players hitting regression in the off season so I definitely expect them to have a slightly worse year next year. However they have a lot of solid depth that is only going to improve, so I think it will balance out and they will continue to be a top team next season.

Code:
16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

zelda

Code:
Just like everything else in S53, IIHF is going to be an exciting mystery for us all! We've seen the introduction of a new format (all 14 teams in one group) and it's bound to be a very exciting tournament. What are your predictions for IIHF this season? What team or teams do you think have the best shot at taking home the gold? How do you think your team will fare?

I think this season Russia will make a big improvement in their play. They've been sniffing the medal rounds lately and recently won a bronze medal. I think that the team is poised to make some more noise and possibly make it to the finals now. The team has been steadily improving and it might be time for them to break out. It won't be an easy road for Russia, though. You can't count out the United States or Great Britain in this tournament. They have been consistently good for a while now and will continue to be so. Ireland could also give Russia some trouble as well as Sweden. I think this group of teams will be vying for the medal rounds and eventually the gold. It could be Russia's year to make the leap to greatness and contend for the gold. No matter how it works out in the end, it should be a fun tournament with the new format. It will be interesting to see how the new format effects the play of the teams and if there are any surprise rising teams because of it.

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Come up with a program of intermission entertainment for one of the games of the finals. What's the between-period on-ice entertainment the fans will enjoy? The goofier the better, go crazy.

This one is going to be good. After the first period, the intermission is going to be bring out everyone's favorite Netflix trainwrecks, the cast of Tiger King and get them all together on the ice. Then, we are going to celebrity death match style get them to fight each other. However, they will all be in bumper balls. So they all start from around the boards and on the whistle, they will all run to the middle of the ice and start knocking each other. They let to get all of their aggression out and the fans all get to revel in the madness. It would be a riot for all involved as these yokels body slam into each other on ice to settle past scores. They will all be on the ice flopping around and unleashing their inner tigers on one another. Will they form teams? Will it be every man for themselves? I don't know, but I think we'd just let it play out for about 10 minutes of intermission time. Last one standing gets their seats upgraded for the 3rd period. Everyone will love it.

Code:
Even though the Panthers fell short this season, the LA influence has been felt around the league and execs in Hollywood are paying more attention to the SHL with the hometown team making waves. If your player could have a cameo in any tv show or movie, what show/movie would they choose? (for the purposes of this PT you may choose a show/movie that already exists just uhhh pretend they re-shoot it with your cameo or something idk).

If Mika was going to be in any movie, it would be a reboot of D2: The Mighty Ducks where Mika plays Gunnar Stahl and gives the team fits. It might be weird because Mika is Russian, but let's be real, no one on team Iceland were actually from Iceland, so having Mika play Gunnar Stahl would probably be slightly more authentic. Anyways, the film is one of Mika's favorites and he could do all his own hockey stunts so there is an upside there. It would be a perfect role for Mika. Except in this version, Gunnar would get with Julie the Cat at a tournament party which will then add some doubt to the ending. Did Gunnar Stahl miss on purpose because of his feelings for Julie the Cat? Drama!

Mika Kandinsky Stars 

[Image: mika_kandinsky.gif]

PT Pass

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2020, 12:59 AM by karey.)

Trivia verification: kareeyyyy

Task 1
1. if we were still exist in another existing reality outside of our own this one being parallel, the realities be faced with the Hamilton steelhawks considered consistently winning dshl championship we would see the Buffalo stampede win instead. buffet is always had the strong team but has fallen short in one way or another or the other in the previous years it has been because of poor scoring output and now it's because of goaltending they not being as strong as their rivals. Buffalo stampede r a multiple-time winner over the past fifteen seasons but they could easily have had more championship wins considering for out of the past eight times the stampede of lost they've lost to the eventual Cup winner. The Buffalo stampede would probably still play the strong team out west like Edmonton but because of them losing to Hamilton for another year they are forced to come just a few short which they have unfortunately become used to.

Task 2:
Hamilton steelhawks won this year because of been proven that a balanced roster is way more beneficial to the team's success than strong players. The Hamilton steelhawks found a way to work the system in their favour meaning that they didn't have to have the best scorers in the league all they really needed to have was two way players who would be able to defend as well as counter-attack effectively.next year the Buffalo stampede will bolster a roster unparalleled in recent history as they will have multiple mm tpe defenseman as well as an average tpe a 1600 in their top sex even more if you remove a regressing player like Victor Marius who is led the team in scoring for the past decade. with the new system in place in a regression of only affecting Mary is the re-roll 40 PE will only benefit teams with high teepee players like the Buffalo stampede who will have a free redistribution and we'll look at s54 with a roster that is much more balanced copying the likes of Hamilton steelhawks. additionally the Buffalo stampede will also have a new goaltending tandem in that as Cedric Robinson is close to retirement and their young stud Elizabeth Doyle is taking his stead.

Task 4:
there aren't many tools that are disposable in in FHM and we may eventually se new awards enter the fold. because FHM does value players who are counter-attacking two-way players and strategies being the dictating force behind the amount of hits a player will have and the successful hits they will have the old adage that a high checking player will likely win the dar trophy if he's able to score has gone out the window as a two-way players now responsible for shop blocking and other attributes and it's more about system attic play then ability. I would like to see a teammate award as many players on the team make sacrifices with their player that they will that don't get honoured because they aren't scoring players they sometimes use their tpe for checking and defensive attributes which is the sacrifice if you want to create a superstar. The teammate award will honour players who make sacrifices for team success over personal success.

Task 5.
I am expecting a team like USA and Canada to be successful this morning play Young roster that is full of psychic likely leave them too much success over I will be closely watching the team from Latvia enter the fold as they have a roster full of veteran and new players a balance between scoring and defense are team that is in the middle of a pack but often it seems most surprising is the one that seems have deceased expectations for. roster Victor Mary Fairlawn stand-in captain was being a backbone in the team success over the past decade however the clothes he has seen Victor is a silver medal in season 46 however it looks like that he may have another trophy in his covered with all things work out. tmic dropping in the standings with the A team like great Britain who have lost activity over the years and haven't had the same energy as some of these younger teams.

Task 13
d

@TnlAstatine : "We used to Edmonton for school retreat. We would skate to that island every day. I love the snow. We used to lie out on the snow and let the sun dry us and try to guess the names of the birds singing.
Karey: "I don't like snow. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere."
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2020, 04:44 PM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

Quote:Code:

I would assume that not a whole lot will change compared to this season. With FHM being decidedly less random than STHS, I think that fluctuations between season will become a lot less pronounced and the teams on top will stay there for longer and more consistently, while it will get harder to get out of a rebuild or even work your way up from the Midfield. I expect the dominance of New England, Hamilton and Buffalo in the East to continue and to be completely honest, I don't see any of the other teams there join them anytime soon aside from Manhattan, who will at the very least have a firm grasp on that #4 spot again, so don't expect a tight playoff race in the East... In the West things should be a bit closer as I think both San Francisco and Winnipeg have what it takes to challenge for a playoff spot after missing out last season but it will be an uphill battle as well, as none of the teams who made it in last season are getting significantly weaker.

I'm really looking forward to this IIHF tournament and the changes it brings both in terms of the rules itself and the engine we play in. I would expect the re-shuffling of the field to be even stronger than it was in the SHL. We always knew who the good teams with the most high-TPE in the SHL were even before the sim-change, but in IIHF things have been a lot muddier. We could see a lot of risers and fallers compared to how things were previously and nobody can tell at this point which Coaches and Federations Heads are the most knowledgable ones in the new engine who get the most out of their team and, maybe more importantly, which are the highly committed who are willing to spend time test-simming and working on roster for something that others just see as an off-season filler activity. I for one think that Germany has a great shot at being one of the most competitive teams but our lack of defensive depth could become an issue, as we have seen with certain teams in the SHL this season...

8. Written/Graphic, 3 TPE (150 words min. for written option)
The arenas in Edmonton and Hamilton certainly don't need any gimmicks to get people into the stadium for the series, but the arenas want to make sure they're pulling out all the stops on the big stage. Help the concessions department of one of these two teams develop a new product, with marketing specifically pertaining to this finals series, to be sold at the arena during the finals. Describe the product and the marketing in 150 words or create a promotional poster showing the product, its name, the price, etc.

The Hamilton Steelhawks have come up with a new promotional activity this season that has proven incredibly popular with their fans: The Hamilton Steelhawks Exploit-a-palooza. It's all about cheating... excuse me, exploiting, the concessions stands around the arena as well as their fellow fans and get collectable bonus points as a reward that can be redeemed for cool Steelhawks merch. A concession stand worker isn't looking and you are able to snag a beer without anyone? You get points! You successfully force them to refund you the money for a hotdog because there were hairs in it even though you put them there yourself after you bought it? Points for you! You drink half of your buddies beer and fill it up with water while he had to take an important phone call from work? POINTS! POINTS POINTS! Because remember, it's not stealing, or cheating or simply a dick move if there isn't a written rule specificall against it, it is just an exploit and you are smart for using it!

Quote:13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
a. Who is the best player in this CC finals? Plenty of good candidates: Lagerfield, Phelps, Kryyst, McIntry, Pepperoni, Scholz, etc. Who's your choice for best player and why?
b. Based on player ratings, EDM has the advantage in speed and acceleration and HAM has the advantage in balance and strength. Which team's physical skills will give them the edge in this series?
c. Assemble your ideal fantasy team out of players in this series - F, F, F, D, D, G. Explain your choices.
d. Blizzard... snow... ok debate time - do you like snow? yes or no? why or why not?

a) For me it's Tony Pepperoni because he has consistently been great and is very versatile as well. He is experienced yet dynamic and flashy, he can score a lot but is also a reliable defensive player with a strong physical presence. You won't find a better player than that to build your team around.
b) My money is on Hamilton because of their proven track record of exploiting weaknesses in whatever engine we use. They've pretty much come right out and said that they don't care about breaking the league as long as it means that they win, so whatever approach they have come up with to shape their team, I'd assume that it has been extensively tested for maximum gamey-ness.
c) Hercules Rockefeller-Robert Phelps-Tony Pepperoni
Tor Tuck - Troy McClure
Geezus Kryyst
Hercules Rockefeller because Leafs is just a legend and people tend to forget how incredibly huge is legacy is just because he isn't super vocal, Robert Phelps because he is one of the few guys on Hamilton who actually seems to care about the league and not just his own team, and Tony Pepperoni for the reasons mentioned above. Tor Tuck adds some great veteran presence on the back end and Troy McClure because of the Raptors-connections. And lastly, fellow German Geezus Kryyst in net who always seems to turn it up an extra notch in the playoffs.
d) A clear and resounding yes! I always loved snow as a kid and I'm not sure if it's just my perception as I get older or if the enviroment and climate is actually already observably changing, but it sure feels like we aren't getting as much of it anymore as we used to. In fact, many recent winters have gone by without any snow whatsoever and I definitely miss it and the calm coziness it exhudes.

Quote:16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification: Kalua
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2020, 09:48 PM by Leafs4ever.)

Task 2: (3 TPE)

While we are getting league wide redistribution, I don't necessarily think it will change anything all that much. In FHM, more so than STHS, it's all about how much TPE you have. It seems like you really need to improve most attributes to be as effective as possible. You can try to load up on one area of your game, but you will be very weak everywhere else and that seems to really hurt your performance in the sim.

I'm going to say that, even with redistribution, the same teams are going to be the contenders next season. They're the teams with the highest TPE players across the roster. Teams like Edmonton, Los Angeles, New England, and Hamilton have some star players in their lineup and that won't change. The other teams need to acquire and develop high TPE players, not necessarily bank on redistribution. I think you'll see most of the changes come in the bottom half of the league as lower TPE teams can build a line up that works better together and that could help them jump another team of similar TPE level.

(186 words)

Task 3: (2 TPE)

A player in the Challenge Cup Finals that is on track to win an individual award is very obviously Tony Pepperoni. He's a star right now and one of the best players in the SHL. He's dominating these playoffs, leading them in scoring with 15 points. He's the hardest worker I've ever seen and that is translating beautifully on the ice. I would be shocked if he doesn't win one or more individual awards, especially the Ron Mexico award as league MVP. He's approaching the peak of his prime and his game is never going to be as good as it will be in these next few seasons. Look out for Pepperoni to dominate the SHL and be the face and star of the whole league.

(126 words)

Task 12: (4 TPE)

S53 CW Podcast

Task 13: (4 TPE)

A. Who is the best player in this CC finals? Plenty of good candidates: Lagerfield, Phelps, Kryyst, McIntry, Pepperoni, Scholz, etc. Who's your choice for best player and why?

Tony Pepperoni is the best player. He's currently leading the playoffs in scoring with 15 points while also among the top in hits and takeaways for a forward. He's a threat at both ends of the ice and is the unquestioned leader of the Edmonton Blizzard. He can do everything anyone else can, but better. He's the total package.

(59 words)

B. Based on player ratings, EDM has the advantage in speed and acceleration and HAM has the advantage in balance and strength. Which team's physical skills will give them the edge in this series?

Speed and acceleration for sure. While it's great that Hamilton brings more strength to the table, what are you going to do with all of it if you can't even catch up to the other team. There's also the penalty factor. Hamilton is going to be chasing the Blizzard players around and will have to resort to some holding and hooking to slow them down. Also, having more strength could also lead to more roughing calls. Give Edmonton the advantage.

(80 words)

C. Assemble your ideal fantasy team out of players in this series - F, F, F, D, D, G. Explain your choices.

My ideal fantasy team would be Tony Pepperoni, Julio Tokolosh, Hercules Rockefeller, Brady McIntyre, Karlstraße Scholz, and the Edmonton goalies. We have the best player in the playoffs in Pepperoni, the two best defensemen in Brady and Scholz, who are the top two scoring defenseman in the playoffs left, and then two perfect complimentary pieces who just keep picking up points. The Edmonton goalies have been a great tandem and will get me wins and a solid save percentage.

(79 words)

D. Blizzard... snow... ok debate time - do you like snow? yes or no? why or why not?

I do like snow. It's beautiful to look at, whether it's falling from the sky or on the ground. It's a blast to play in and it works really well to build things. There are a ton of activities you can do in the snow as well, skiing, snowboarding, sledding, tobogganing, snowmobiling, etc. It make the cold weather worth it.

(60 words)

Task 16: (3 TPE)

Verification: Hercules

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020, 02:41 AM by 5ympathies.)

1. Everything is the same but in this one, Hamilton lost to New England and then we (the Wolfpack) have gone on to beat Edmonton in what comes to be known as the S49 rematch. Leitner stood on his head and got us our first Challenge Cup in a looooong time and the first of many for our strong core. After getting dicked down by Simon T despite our team having the highest TPE average in the league, it's nice to be instantly rewarded and the change the FHM could not have been any better. All of our goals in the finals came off of defenseman breakaways and we won in 4 games, just like how EDM beat us in 4 games a few seasons ago. It's a real shame they beat us so badly last time after Leitner had so many goalie awards given to him for his performance in the regular season.

2. I anticipate New England to be at the top for sure. Our top player, Wagstrom is experiencing his first regression and of course a few other players are continuing to regress but for the most part, the majority of our team is only gaining TPE. From my understanding, we have 4, potentially 5 players who are in regression now, one of which is our goalie, but we just traded up to get a better goalie with 200 more TPE. Goalie did seem to be our weakest area last season so hopefully this trade is what we needed to push us over the top. So many players on our team are max earners and we should see myself (first liner) and first pairing d-man Zheng at around 1800 to start the season. Stammer will be close to 2k TPE to start and Rex Kirby maybe around 1900? So, our team will continue to be the highest TPE average. Hopefully this season goes better than the last.

3. Gabriel Gone Wild Johnson better win the Stevens otherwise there are going to be riots! This man is a golden god, he is so good. Do you know how many defense-men breakaway goals he has scored this season? It is unreal. He is also on his way to winning Canada IIHF gold so he truly is well-rounded as both a player and as a GM. I don't know any of his stats but someone in my fantasy group took him with their second pick so he must be really good? Anyway, I think he's going to be the kind of guy that will get multiple awards throughout his career. We'll just have to wait and see.

4. This might seem a little self-serving, and well that's because it is. My idea for the new FHM award is for the player with the highest +/- in the season. It would be named after me, of course, for having the highest +/- in the FHM era, and the second highest +/- record ever at +46. I'm still waiting for my record to be memorialized in the SHL Records. Odd that I'm waiting for this to still happen despite the Hamilton Steelhawks getting their Challenge Cup icons added to their profiles after a day?? This league is corrupt or something, I don't know. Regardless, it's a sick award, I'm sick, and you should take me in fantasy with your 4th pick or later, because I am a SLEEPER. I can only hope to beat my own record next season as I don't want anyone claiming my award literally the season after I win this. Because then is it even my award if it's so easily contested so early on?

13b. Clearly whatever strengths Hamilton had, balance and strength? was better because they won in 6 games. If Edmonton had better attributes it's reasonable to assume that they would have won instead, but the lost, so Hamilton's attributes were better. This edge wasn't super advantageous as it still took them 6 games to secure the bag, but overall the series was pretty close.

13d. I actually like snow. Here where I am from, the snow is not that bad and it really helps with tourism as snow = mountains and mountains = tourists and tourists = money and money = economy. Snow reminds me of winter and without at least one snowfall, I am not complete. So basically, yeah I like snow.

16. Clapper

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Code:
Even though the Panthers fell short this season, the LA influence has been felt around the league and execs in Hollywood are paying more attention to the SHL with the hometown team making waves. If your player could have a cameo in any tv show or movie, what show/movie would they choose? (for the purposes of this PT you may choose a show/movie that already exists just uhhh pretend they re-shoot it with your cameo or something idk).

Nolan Sawchuk would co-host with Guy Fieri on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on future episodes if he could. Not only is he a notorious fat ass but he also wants to dress just like the man, frosted tips included. He's always dreamed of opening a restaurant when he retires due to his love of food, and he hopes that this would give him an look into what it takes to run one. Not to mention he would be getting paid to eat food. Pretty good gig if you ask me. His other choice would be having a cameo in the Walking Dead as a zombie. Perfectly sums up his career.

110 words

Code:
16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Verification Word: Jepox

Code:
13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
Code:
a. Who is the best player in this CC finals? Plenty of good candidates: Lagerfield, Phelps, Kryyst, McIntry, Pepperoni, Scholz, etc. Who's your choice for best player and why?
I'm going to go with Flacko Lagerfield. He's lead the league in points in the past, won a Ron Mexico and a Sarmad Khan, and has been a force all throughout his career. He carried a weak Tampa Bay squad for multiple seasons and it's time he gets his cup. (50 words)

Code:
b. Based on player ratings, EDM has the advantage in speed and acceleration and HAM has the advantage in balance and strength. Which team's physical skills will give them the edge in this series?
I'm going to go with Edmonton and their speed. Speed kills and it doesn't matter how strong you are if you can't be caught. I think Edmonton will be able to have a great breakout and counterattacking game that can catch Hamilton off guard if they're not prepared. Not to mention a strong backcheck that can help shut Hamilton down. (60 words)

Code:
c. Assemble your ideal fantasy team out of players in this series - F, F, F, D, D, G. Explain your choices.
For my forwards I'm going with Flacko Lagerfield, Tony Pepperoni, and Robert Phelps. Some former MVP's with well rounded games who can put up tons of points. On defense I'm choosing Scholz and Murphy. Two franchise defenders who can put up great stats. In goal I'm choosing Kryyst. Elite goaltender who can steal games and put up incredible statlines. (59 words)

Code:
I love it. It means that hockey season is coming for me, and with snow comes cold weather. Cold weather of course means that outdoor rinks can be flooded, and ponds will freeze over. Plus if I didn't like it I think I would've gone crazy by now considering where I live. (52 words)

Code:
3. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which player from the Steelhawks or the Blizzard would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?
My choice for this is the Steelhawks defender Gabriel Johnson. Despite getting shit on constantly he actually put up a good statline this season. I could see him going on to win the Stevens if he starts to put up more points during even strength. He's a shot blocking machine, puts up a solid amount of hits and logs minutes in multiple situations for the Steelhawks. If his defensive rating improves just a bit more I can see him being a candidate for the Stevens soon. Tied for second highest scoring defenseman, almost point per game. Overall a solid player who can keep on improving on an already impressive performance. (110 words)

Code:
Come up with a program of intermission entertainment for one of the games of the finals. What's the between-period on-ice entertainment the fans will enjoy? The goofier the better, go crazy.
During a Hamilton Steelhawks home game, Gabriel Johnson and Samuel Michaud will have an on-ice boxing match that some fans may refer to as a "cage rage". This involves the two taking off their shoulder pads and skates, putting their helmets and gloves back on, and going at each other. This is actually a popular post game activity for the two, with both Johnson and Michaud taking on challengers in the form of their teammates ever game. The two of them will bring this violent pastime to the public eye during intermission as they brawl at centre ice while music blares. Ben Waters will be brought in to announce the event, with Flacko Lagerfield serving as a ref. I doubt he does much though. Fans will be able to place bets on who they think will win, with all money made being donated to charity. Just watch as this violent charity event/intermission entertainment brings out the worst in all those participating. (162 words)

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
With new tools at our disposal in FHM, we may eventually see some new awards enter the fold. Create a suggestion for a new SHL award. What kind of achievement is the award given for? Who's the award named after? Who would've won the award this season?
The SHL is in need of an award to celebrate power forwards now. In STHS hits were used as a measure of how good of a two way forward someone is, but with more stats available in FHM importance of hits falls off big time. Defensive game rating, giveaways and takeaways are just scratching the surface of the new stats, not to mention all of the advanced stats that are readily available. That said, a power forward award is needed. The Cameron Carter II award should be brought into the rotation for the league for this reason. With CC2 being a consistent Dar nom in the days of STHS, and a winner of said award, a power forward award is only fitting to be named after a player of his calibre. This season I would give the nod to Mike Izzy as the winner of this new award, with him putting up 40 points and 185 hits, which is good enough for 6th overall in the league. (167 words)

16/16 TPE

[Image: Jepox.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020, 12:19 PM by GoonerBear.)

NSFL Welfare - 3 TPE

I would anticipate Hamilton, New England, Edmonton, and Calgary being the top four. They're awash in talent and skilled management, most of which will still remain strong even after regression this offseason. New England has plenty in their lines, especially the probable Sarmad Khan winner Ola Wagstrom, paired with Slap McShotty. Hamilton has the number one and three scorers on the wings in Flacko Lagerfield and Robert Phelps and number eight at center, Aaron Wilson. You even look at the advanced stats and they have players who dominate those standings. The Los Angeles Panthers would also be someone I could see in contention next season with how they fared this season in their Western Conference Finals run. In summary, the redistribution is relatively small compared to the one from the one we got between Seasons 52 and 53 with the FHM transition. 16 TPE can make a swing, though I don't know that it changes the entire dynamics of a team that would swing them from a lower tier to contention for the Cup or for playoffs.

(177)

With new tools at our disposal in FHM, we may eventually see some new awards enter the fold. Create a suggestion for a new SHL award. What kind of achievement is the award given for? Who's the award named after? Who would've won the award this season?

I would suggest an award for forwards and defensemen separately for achievements according to advanced stats. The players who, while they don't necessarily show up big on the flashy stats, their contributions can be quantified in other important ways. They may not be in contention for the Dar or Biscuit, though showed up in important ways in the analytics.

In short, this will be an award for the darlings of hockey analytics to the extent not already represented in awards. The Fenwick Award for forwards and the Corsi Award for defensemen (until we want to name it later after a player who, early in the FHM Era, excelled above all). For S53, I would vote the Fenwick would go to Phillip Winter and the Corsi to Akashi SixNine. Winter was good in plain stats, though overshadowed by Ola Wagstrom and Flacko Lagerfield. Winter's advanced stats showed a great impact all along the ice. SixNine had some flash as well, though truly shined as a defensive stalwart when you look at their goal and chance differentials.

(175)

We present to you the modern circus! Even though the days of the likes of Ringling Bros. and Barnum and Bailey have gone by, the circus can still come to town! Just not as you would expect...for you see, we have rounded up the biggest clowns on social media to recite their hottest of takes to amuse the masses! They'll comment on anything and everything they proclaim to be experts on, even though they were introduced to the crises and talking points at the same time as every other layman! Come one, come all, and see average Joes articulate what they see as the reason global warming doesn't exist, germ theory is a hoax, explain the finer points of their pet conspiracy theories, and bash you over the head in an attempt to convert you to their belief system. And don't worry, we've saved the best for last. While we couldn't get the biggest one of all to agree to come, we did get the next best thing: Piers Morgan! Pundit of all from politics to sports! A man of many talents about talking absolute garbage about the whole gamut! Hear his takes on leadership! Watch his face turn red over what Arsenal need to do to position themselves to be a big club again! And laugh along with how he supposedly sympathizes with your plights!

Welcome to the modern circus! Only presented at intermission for the S53 Challenge Cup Finals!

(241)

13. (1 TPE) Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.

I love snow. I love cold weather. I am of the school of thought that I can add layers if I'm too cold, but there are only so many I can take off if I'm too hot. Being too hot is a much worse discomfort for me. It might also have to do with having American levels of blubber on my body. Nonetheless, cold is a rarity around here. Not as big a rarity as it is in other parts of Texas, though winter only seems to last two months at the longest and the other month is sprinkled here and there the rest of the year.

(107)

16. (3 TPE) Trivia Confirmation: NUTS!

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2020, 04:27 AM by Lime.)

Code:
This reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S53 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in that reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?

Obviously in an alternate universe Buffalo is winning the Challenge Cup. There's no reason the Steelhawks swept the Stampede unless they cheated so Buffalo will take the obvious win in 7 and Hamilton won't be in the finals like they are currently. NOLA didn't cheat either and still lost to LA albeit much quicker, probably in 5. Also Calgary beat Edmonton in 7. Because I predicted that. The Calgary/LA matchup is a lot closer, with Calgary ultimately winning in 6. New England sweeps Manhattan and meets Buffalo only to lose in 6. This leads to a Calgary/Buffalo final. It is very heated but ultimately the Stampede run over the Dragons in 5. The MVP of the playoffs is Elizabeth Doyle who is called up after Cedric Robinson breaks his leg and the Stampede lose game one of the finals. Special mention to Monkey D. Luffy who scores 69 goals during the playoff run.

Code:

I don't think there will be any massive change in the top teams. Hamilton will surely always be there, and Edmonton will not fall off quite like Manhattan did. I predict Buffalo to challenge New England and Hamilton for one of the top spots. I also think NOLA will pick up and finally challenge for the cup. I have overrated Calgary in the past so this time I think they will be lucky to make it out of the first round as they would have been this season. We could definitely see Chicago start breaking into the top teams as well as the pride taking another stab. I don't see the true bottom teams like Toronto, Tampa, Minnesota, and Winnipeg making it out of their holes just yet. Especially Tampa who is on fire sale right now but poised for a bright future. Their players have gone to NOLA and Buffalo which is why I think those two teams will do better in S54.

Code:

My idea for a new award would be the Ola Wagstrom Award aka the You Tried Award. It would be awarded to the player who achieved the most without actually achieving anything worthwhile. In order to qualify you can't win MVP and you can't make it to the finals. Obviously Ola Wagstrom would win the award as he is about to lose out on MVP to Flacko Lagerfield despite having like 2000 more TPE and his team the New England Wolfpack similarly did not make it past Lagerfield in the playoffs. Could this be because Hamilton cheated? We may never know for sure. Am I a little salty that New England destroyed my bracket? Who is to say? Other awards Wagstrom will not win: Sergei Karpotsev Trophy, Jeff Dar Trophy, Turd Ferguson Trophy, Ron Mexico Trophy, Sarmad Khan Trophy. He will however win the Jay McDonald Trophy for most goals this season. Congratulations Wagstrom!

Code:

I was just watching The Disaster Artist and every Hollywood actor and their brother was in that thing. So I don't think it would be out of place for a random celebrity cameo. I think it would be especially funny with Disisdie Dayudie because he never takes off that mask. He should play an important character in the film but never acknowledge the mask. But the Panthers are full of characters like Max Mauldin, Gottlieb-Odilo-Dankward McZehrl, and Philipp Winter that would be cool to see. Plus since everyone is an awful actor in the movie they would fit right in. He's still a prospect but I would love to see my boy Jimmothy Wagenheimer on the big screen as well.

Code:
8. Written/Graphic, 3 TPE (150 words min. for written option)
The arenas in Edmonton and Hamilton certainly don't need any gimmicks to get people into the stadium for the series, but the arenas want to make sure they're pulling out all the stops on the big stage. Help the concessions department of one of these two teams develop a new product, with marketing specifically pertaining to this finals series, to be sold at the arena during the finals. Describe the product and the marketing in 150 words or create a promotional poster showing the product, its name, the price, etc.

Edmonton's stadium has decided to sell BlizzPops, fancy new ice cream treats featuring some of your favorite players! You may have heard of some similar popsicle items featuring popular characters like Sonic the Hedgehog. Well we've created a similar product that features the faces of the Edmonton Blizzard players you know and love! We have Pepperoni Pops that look like Tony and taste like pepperoni! Bischoff? More like Biscoff Bite! This pop tastes like a biscoff cookie and is a fan favorite! The Julio Popolosh is black and white - cookies and cream flavored - after our beloved bovine skater! These products will absolutely not look demented like their counterparts and will genuinely look like the players you think they will! We even have Ham Pops to commemorate our Challenge Cup opponents! It's just a hunk of ham on a stick! Devour that Ham like our boys in blue will devour them on the ice!

Code:
13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.

a. The best player in the series is Tony Pepperoni. Lagerfield may be the regular season champ but Pepperoni is turning the Blizz into a force to be reckoned with during the playoffs. I had Calgary beating Edmonton in round 1 but Pepperoni completely carried them through. And their momentum continued to destroy LA. I think the team will rally around him and Hamilton will lose if they cannot bring him down.

b. Hamilton's balance and strength will give them the edge because Aaron Wilson said so. We all know that team is built exactly how they want it. On paper higher SPD and ACC seem to correlate with a higher GR but a high GR doesn't always equal a win. But only the two teams know exactly what they are expecting out of their builds.

c. Ideal fantasy team would be Kryyst in goal for sure, clear TPE advantage and carried my fantasy team. A D pair of Gabe Johnson and Karlstraße Scholz because they have been on fire so far this playoffs. And then finally a forward group of Tony Pepperoni, Robert Phelps, and Flacko Lagerfield. Between the 3 of them there is enough experience, TPE, and heat level to out-gun anyone else.

d. I hate snow. I've lived around the Chicago suburbs my whole life thus far and it fucking sucks. All it does is make everything cold and wet. It fucks up your car and makes it difficult to drive anywhere. Shit can't get plowed fast enough. Fuck snow angels and snowballs and shit this ain't the episode of Spongebob where they got those big ass snow forts the snow don't ever stick to nothing.

Code:

dink
21/16 just in case

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

Code:

The main thing that's different in the Memeverseversion of the SMJHL playoffs is that the Carolina Kraken sweep the Detroit Falcons in a series of 1-0 overtime wins. Eller carries a perfect 1.00 SV% across all 320~ minutes in a series of incredibly humiliating defeats for the Falcons. Destroyed once and for all by the Laurifer Curse, the Falcons clean house on management and relocate for the first time in 40+ seasons of history. It is a futile attempt to evade destiny, as they are ultimately doomed to never win again. No player, coach, or GM that touches the cursed squad will ever have happiness in their life ever again as long as they live. This remains to be true despite any efforts to purge the curse, as even moving to a new pay-to-win NHL 19 sim league doesn't help. To add insult to injury, the Kraken are then swept in the next round by the Scarecrows, who then go on to win the Four Star Cup. Truly this is a dark, dark timeline, and I'm glad it was narrowly avoided. 

Code:

In a truly self-centered way, I think that Detroit will be a top team next year for sure. We have a lot of awesome 350 capped rookies that are already at their 425 caps and ready to roll next year. I think we only have one or two 425s graduating, but we're adding 6 or 7 when we uncap. It's going to be pretty wild! Not to mention another three or four 350 cap sophomores. I think we'll be a team to watch next year for sure. I'd also like to spotlight our first round opponent, the Kraken. They shocked a lot of people making the playoffs with such a young squad this year, and I'd only expect them to build on that as many of those players hit their caps next season. Even their veterans are young, and their goalie is practically unstoppable. I think they're going to have a long window of contention starting next season. Too bad they'll have to go through us.  Wink
Code:

I think with some of the advanced statistics that FHM gives us, we could have an "Analytical Darling" award. Maybe it could be similar to "Most Underrated Player", but specifically an underrated or underachieving player that posts those beautiful Fenwick percentages. A Moneyball player of the year, if you will. Perhaps it could be combined with what they're being paid to underline how much value their contract brings to their team. Then the award could be used by those players as a valuable bargaining chip in their next negotiation. It'll be a player's dream award but a GM's nightmare. As far as the name, maybe the Paul DePodesta Award of Excellence? This year I think I'd give it to my linemate @Rangerjase. He posted incredible numbers in Corsi and Fenwick, while also maintaining the lowest GA/60 out of anyone that played 50 games. He also held one of the higher GF/60 positions in the league. A hidden gem for sure!

Code:

My idea comes from the on-going, second round rivalry match up of St. Louis and Detroit. On home ice, at the first intermission, our arena crew erects an enormous scarecrow at center ice. It looks like your average scarecrow, but on the inside it's been packed with hundreds and hundreds of pounds of dead prey. Mice, rats, moles, voles, birds, fish-- you name a small animal, a dead one is in there. Everyone boos for several minutes until the goal horn blows... and then? The falcons get released. Several hundred falcons swoop down on the enormous grim meat sack, tearing it to shreds as the audience hoots and hollers. Meat goes everywhere, falcons go everywhere, people get to take home half a dead fish. It's an awesome time for everyone and a cool way to keep the kids interested. It's 33% hockey, 33% zoo, and 33% patriotism. What else do you want?

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE
With the shift to a new era of SHL, HO has decided to redesign the championship trophy. Create a graphic of a new trophy to be handed to the winners of the S53 title.

[Image: new_award.jpg]
Code:
Verification Word: Barn

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=65fe67b4&is=65ebf2b4&hm=a6...46085eb3f&]
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2020, 01:18 PM by puolivalmiste.)

I think with our without redistribution I see no reason to expect huge changes to standings specially when looking at some of top positions. Everyone has learned something and while most of teams can make some improvements and I'd imagine top teams were closer to getting it right at first time or have experience to make best of what they have. That said I would expect most of the top teams stay at the top because they have roster depth and are punished less for having sub optimal builds as almost every attribute increase still helps at least some so wasting TPE is lot harder, so using 1,5k TPE to build bad player get hard.

Also for bottom teams who now are aware how bad some of their roster fillers are there isn't much market to get good replacements IFAs or regular FAs as floor to be useful in SHL has gone up. So while I expect some movement from teams finishing out of top 6 I woulnd't be surprised to see Los Angeles, New England and Hamilton on top of standings when season 54 is said and done.

Well as we have seen with regular season results of SHL, team being top heavy without depth doesn't really work too well, look for example something like Tampa. So with that said it is pretty clear that US and Canada with most deep player base are most likely looking to finish on top, with slight edge going to US in my opinion because their Goalie is one of the best while Canada has been unlucky with their goalies transfering out or going IA. Still being able to field 4 competive lines versus some SMJHL players Canada and US should finish top 3 of round robin and while I expect them to move to finals with best of one playoffs anything could happen.

Team Finland I expect to be fighting for last playoffs spots, we have good bunch of players who have joined the team during last few seasons but they really are not helping too much yet so our time to fight for the bronze will be in future.

12. Podcast 4 TPE

Link to Anchor

16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max
Verification word: itekeksin

NSFL Claim 3 TPE

Total: 16 / 16 TPE

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

It's the end of the regular season. The Detroit Falcons are leading the SMJHL by lightyears. In fact, they're so good that both HO's have come to the conclusion they do not belong in the SMJHL Playoffs, but instead should participate in the SHL post season. An extra round will be played to determine who they replace. NOLA forgets to try and cheat themselves a way into the next round and will be replaced.

First round, the Detroit Falcons have to deal with Western Conference winners Los Angeles Panthers. Despite losing the first two games in Los Angeles, the Falcons fight their way back into the series at home and end up winning the best-of-seven in 6 games. The Edmonton Blizzard are brushed aside in 5 games and the Detroit Falcons face the Hamilton Steelhawks in the finals. After a close fought game of rock-paper-scissors and a truckload of beer, the Hamilton and Detroit teams agree to just hand the cup to Tig and go back to the bar.

Quote:2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

Next season will see the third season in a row of this Hamilton Steelhawks team dominating the league. Despite being one of the few teams who didn't grab a piece of Tampa Bays' yard sale of their assets, they have sufficient quality and quanitity in players to keep their streak going for a third season. We will also see the Buffalo team up there again, who brought in Matt Kholin on a trade earlier this week. a center who slots in perfectly with the rest of the Buffalo Stampede S43-S46 core. Regardless of redistributions, these two teams were already on top of the league and their game this season and it will be tough for the other teams to break their hold on the league and steal the cup away from either of these teams. Especially now that the New Orleans Specters can't cheat their way to a win without losing their GMs.

Quote:3. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which player from the Steelhawks or the Blizzard would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?

Hamilton Steelhawks Defenseman Tig Murphy needs more silverware for a succesful shot at a spot in the Hall of Fame. He has won the Scott Stevens Trophy for best defenseman last season, and is still an allround great defender. Therefore I predict, or rather hope, he will be credited with the Scotts Stevens Trophy for best defenseman for the second season in a row. Tig's a great defenseman, who blocks shots, stops pucks, hits people and scores points for his team. He's also a pretty nice guy and my GM and totally didn't force me to write any of this. Please help, I'm being held ho......

Quote:7. Written/Graphic, 2 TPE (100 words min. for written option)

Next to hockey, Cal Labovitch had one other passion as a kid: Disney. And his all-time favourite Disney movie was the animated classic Aladdin. Last year, Disney brought a real-life adaptation of Cal's animated Disney classic to the big screens. If Cal had to pick a movie for a cameo, Aladdin would have to be it. Whether he has to play one of the people of the market during the 'one jump ahead' sequence (the timing and varying speed of shots in this sequence are pure genius by Director Guy Ritchie), one of the Sultan's guards or a dancer in Prince Ali's parade; Cal would be fine with literally anything as long as he got to meet Naomi Scott.

Quote:16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification word: GivemeTPE

Quote:13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.

Flacko Lagerfield is thee best player in this CC final. While his play-off record doesn't show it yet, this well-rounded attacker can really shoot and pass the puck. He had a great regular season and I, for one, can see him showing his true form again in the finals and lead the Hamilton Steelhawks to another cup.

Being all speedy and acceleraty is nice and everything, but it won't help you much when you get slammed into the boards or ran over by the defensive sets of trucks the Hamilton Steelhawks have lined up. The ice isn't big enough to avoid them all, and the Edmonton Blizzard aren't going to be able to make much use of their speed and acceleration when they're in the hospital with broken bones and concussions.

Flacko Lagerfield - Robert Phelps - Aaron Wilson --> These three Hamilton Steelhawks players are pure, guaranteed points. All three ranked high in the assists and scoring tables, they'll sure connect and can outscore pretty much any other team.
Tig Murphy - Samuel Michaud --> The defensive MVP for Hamilton, and the guy leading them in shots blocked. Or was it hits, I don't remember. Anyway, these two know how to keep the opposition away from the Hamilton net.
Geezus Kryyst --> Leading the league in goalie wins.

I love snow. The look of the white powdery substance. The fresh, vibrant smell. The rush you get when it goes up your nose. I'm sorry, what are you trying to signal? Oh, the OTHER kind of snow.

I love snow. The look of the white powdery substance. The fresh, vibrant smell. The cold feeling on your hands when you roll it into a ball to throw at your friends. Going up to the mountains to go skiing. Snow is great. Yay snow.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Unfortunately the last playoffs happened in the darkest time line. In the conference semi final we faced off against a team that played with both illegal line ups and illegal player updates. This caused our team to lose momentum and have to carry the series to 7 games. This costed us so much fatigue that despite us being able to get a lead versus Edmonton early in most games, they would tie it up when we were tired and beat us in overtime. In the more brighter time line, Los Angeles would have rolled up New Orleans in four games and they would be rested for the match up versus Edmonton, beating them in 6 games instead. The finals we would have an epic 7 match battle versus the Wolfpack, who have beaten Hamilton in the brighter time line, with Vorian Atreides scoring the game winner in overtime! A much better result if you ask me.

Words: 156

It is hard to argue at the teams that currently were doing good, a Hamilton Steelhawks, a New England Wolfpack, a Edmonton Blizzard or of course the Los Angeles Panthers. The teams have proven to be able to reach the conference finals and be adept at finding good strategies. Unfortunately our 5 million sim attempts got us to win the cup 4.99 million times. But once the actual simmer sims our games, we seem to lose. So I have confidence that next season will be the 1% off the sims that will work in our favour and that Los Angeles will finally win a cup again. It’s been time for that. The Wolfpack also won’t see much change in their roster, maybe a goalie shake up as he will be the scapegoat for their failure against the Hamilton Steelhawks, but as long as Ola Wagstrom will be in the form of his life, they will continue to compete.

Words: 159

Brady McIntyre will win a regular season award either now or in a future season. He was a huge defender in our series against him and I have no doubt that he will be considered as one of the prime defenseman of his generation, the guy is just everywhere on the ice and a vital reason why we couldn’t beat them in overtime. With McIntyre on their team, Edmonton will remain a defensive stronghold and therefor I won’t be surprised if he takes some potential defenseman of the year hardware with him in his career. But next time, please let us win Brady. We would like to win a cup. Thank you.

Words: 112

We should create a Creative Coaching award for the coach that finds the greatest flaw in the application that will all make us want sths back. This year this award would have gone to the New Orleans Specters coach for their inventive tactic of not using a 3rd slot center to get their top dogs more time in the game. Of course as the first winners of this reward this will also be named after them, as they are after all the first ones to post such abuse in the FHM era playoffs. While the management didn’t know about it, they also can not complain about it as they got off with almost no punishment. So to top it off, the cost for this award might be some gm pay forfeited and the loss of a 2nd round pick, but you would get a Shiny Creative Coaching award in your trophy cabinet, what else can you wish for?

Words: 158

I do not follow the IIHF closely but Team Great Brittain or Team United Kingdom or Team Brexit, I forgot how we are called won the last STHS IIHF tournament, so we will have to live up to that glory. While it will be hard for us to also win this year I feel our army of mostly defenseman slotting up at forward might be able to surprise everyone and go again for the gold. As we are used to winning gold and most of us are sporting medal winning usernames in the discord (I won twice with team UK with two different players) we got to do this for our country, to make sure there is life after Brexit. Or did that not happen yet? I do not follow the UK closely. But we will trying to win another medal, because bilbo makes us do that. And you do not want to dissapoint Bilbo, god knows what will happen then….

Words: 161

A cameo? Why not make it a headliner show. Vorian Atreides will focus in a new miniseries of the Dune Sage, this time focussing on Vorian Atreides his early years and his fight in the Butlerian Jihad. While Vorian of course wouldn’t be able to play a young version off himself (even though they do not seem very different in looks) he has agreed to make a cameo in this show that revolves about the early parts in life. He is seen several times in the crowd when Serena Butler speaks to the humans to revolt against the self thinking machines, one time he is even seen in the same shot as the actor that plays the younger version of him.

Words: 121

TPE 16/16

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)