Create Account

S53 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2020, 12:35 AM by Toivo.)

NSFL PT +3 tpe

1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
This reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S53 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in that reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?

The Panthers were not eliminated. Instead, heading into the series against Edmonton, the Panthers were determined to win the next four games in regulations. In other realities, The Panthers may have gone to overtime every game. With this reality, Elijah Jones was the key in this reality. With the time in regulation about to expire, and the scores even, Elijah Jones puts it away. This happened every single game. As shocking as it may seem, Elijah Jones came in as Mr. Clutch for the Panthers fanbase. Next up, the Panthers were going toe to toe with Hamilton. In some realities, Hamilton might have walked away with the Challenge Cup, but in this reality that isn’t so. In game one, Knox Booth makes 99/99 saves and shuts them out while Jon Toner put away 10 goals. This game one was incredible and set the tone for the series that saw the Panthers walk away with the challenge cup and the ice rink exploding behind them.

2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
With everyone getting a free redistribution this offseason, S54 is quite wide open at the moment. Before those redistributions take place, who would you anticipate being the top team(s) for next season?

I see the Panthers stepping into S54 pissed off and ready to go again. The team is hungry and has some young stars that are starting to emerge. The team has some aging veterans, but they can still fire on all levels. There is a compete factor in Los Angeles that is among the best in the league. The cast in Los Angeles covers all the bases. The team has never had more comradery in the trenches. The boys have each others’ backs and are ready to go to war together. Teams go through ups and downs, and the Panthers are coming off a down moment going to overtime in each game versus Edmonton. The team still has a lot to prove and despite redistribution, the team will come out shooting and firing. The team didn’t end the playoffs the way they wanted to and I think that will contribute to how they show up next season.

3. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which player from the Steelhawks or the Blizzard would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?

Flacko Lagerfield is a former teammate of mine from Tampa. In those days, the team was lacking in actives and talent. Flacko was a good player then, and he’s a good player now for Hamilton. Therefore, I would bet on Flacko to get a regular season award. Lagerfield could be argued to be the best in the league at the moment. It would be an easy bet of all the players on both teams. There is a lot of talent in the finals, but Flacko Lagerfield beating them for all the awards. Flacko might be starting to regress and has already peaked talent wise, but he might put up some ore great seasons going forwards.

5. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Just like everything else in S53, IIHF is going to be an exciting mystery for us all! We've seen the introduction of a new format (all 14 teams in one group) and it's bound to be a very exciting tournament. What are your predictions for IIHF this season? What team or teams do you think have the best shot at taking home the gold? How do you think your team will fare?

Last season was a little disappointing for Switzerland. With Elijah Jones’ performance in the first round of the playoffs, Jones should be able to help elevate the Swiss in S53 IIHF. There is a lot of pressure after having a strong performance out of nowhere a few seasons ago. The Swiss got the silver medal that season. The team is young and still developing, but it seems like now is the time for the Swiss to make some memories. With the new engine, the predictions are up in the air. It’s difficult to judge how the teams will do with since there isn’t a whole lot we can go off of. I think we will mostly see a lot of the same teams that are always placing in the medal rounds, but I think the sim has some surprises in store. The league may not be expecting Switzerland to get gold, but Elijah Jones knows it in his heart that it’s time.

7. Written/Graphic, 2 TPE (100 words min. for written option)
Even though the Panthers fell short this season, the LA influence has been felt around the league and execs in Hollywood are paying more attention to the SHL with the hometown team making waves. If your player could have a cameo in any tv show or movie, what show/movie would they choose? (for the purposes of this PT you may choose a show/movie that already exists just uhhh pretend they re-shoot it with your cameo or something idk).

Hall and Troy is a buddy-cop show where the Jason Hall and Larry Troy solve mysteries in Lincoln, the capital of Nebraska. Somehow, the current case they have involves a killer with a hockey stick. The hockey stick killer would hit pucks at players as hard as he could to kill them. Lincoln has a big problem and needs a big problem solver. Jason Hall and Larry Troy look towards Los Angeles Panthers’ forward Elijah Jones for their big problem solver. Elijah Jones goes to Lincoln and gets involved in all sorts of hijinks while teaching Hall and Troy about the way hockey sticks can kill.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

With everyone getting a free redistribution this offseason, S54 is quite wide open at the moment. Before those redistributions take place, who would you anticipate being the top team(s) for next season?

This is going to be a homer pick but I anticipate that the newly relocated Baltimore Platoon will jump up toward the top of the league next season. This season Luca Del Vecchio was one of if not the best goalie in the league. LDV has just over 800 TPE at this time. With every week that TPE count is going to rise and he is going to turn more and more into a brick wall. To add to that Baltimore has two of the best shut down defensemen in the league with Geoff Moore and Nat Emerson. Those two combined for 353 blocked shots in season 53. With a shut down pair like that in front of a star goalie the future is incredibly bright. Baltimore also has a young forward core that is going to be hitting their prime soon. Star defenseman Ethan Ross is jumping up to the wing and is looking forward to leading the charge into the future.
(163)

Just like everything else in S53, IIHF is going to be an exciting mystery for us all! We've seen the introduction of a new format (all 14 teams in one group) and it's bound to be a very exciting tournament. What are your predictions for IIHF this season? What team or teams do you think have the best shot at taking home the gold? How do you think your team will fare?

In my experience with the IIHF it is a crap shoot as to who comes up on top. Maybe I just don’t pay close enough attention to the international teams but every single season I am about as wrong as one can be when it comes to choosing how the tournament shakes out. That being said I’ll go with Great Britain having the best shot to win the gold. They won last year so that means just as much as anything else. Since I have been playing for Team Latvia every year is wildly different. One year we won bronze then the next we were bottom feeders. Last year I think we just missed out on moving out of the round robin. I think with the new tournament style Latvia has just as good a chance as ever. It is probably going to be any nation’s game. Hopefully it will be Latvia’s.
(152)

6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Come up with a program of intermission entertainment for one of the games of the finals. What's the between-period on-ice entertainment the fans will enjoy? The goofier the better, go crazy.

THIS SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY (or whatever day this game falls on)! Come witness the greatest show of robotic battle prowess ever shown on ice. Who will win - the giant arctic wolf bot representing the Edmonton Blizzard or a flock of flying literal steel hawks representing Hamilton. Edmonton’s mech warrior will come complete with frigid ice breath, a near impenetrable iron hide, and razor sharp claws. To combat the brute strength of the wolf bot, Hamilton’s flock will feature ultra fast dive bombing, kamikaze birds. Each bird will also be capable of picking up any debris or fan in its immediate area. Maybe little Billy will be able to be a part of SHL robo history! To add to the thrill of the battle the losing robot’s team will begin the next period with a two minute penalty for being lame as fuck. Also all damage to the ice will remain after the intermission. Real champs can deal with it.
(159)

8. Written/Graphic, 3 TPE (150 words min. for written option)
The arenas in Edmonton and Hamilton certainly don't need any gimmicks to get people into the stadium for the series, but the arenas want to make sure they're pulling out all the stops on the big stage. Help the concessions department of one of these two teams develop a new product, with marketing specifically pertaining to this finals series, to be sold at the arena during the finals. Describe the product and the marketing in 150 words or create a promotional poster showing the product, its name, the price, etc.

Take a bite out of the Hawks! That’s the tag line for the upcoming limited supply of full roasted chickens that have been turned into frozen treats available only in Edmonton during this season’s championship series. The concessions department decided to create this abomination with the following thought process: People don’t eat hawks but they do eat chickens - close enough. When a team gets beat they get roasted. The team is called the Blizzard so it needs to be frozen somehow. Edmonton’s concessions department reached out to the finest chefs across Canada and were quickly refused by all of them with some threatening violence for even suggesting they cook such a spit in the face of god. After exhausting their rolodex of legitimate chefs the Edmonton concessions department turned to Banana Phil, a homeless man that takes residence outside of the arena. Banana Phil did a bang up job of creating something that can technically be considered food. BUY IT!
(160)

13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
a. Who is the best player in this CC finals? Plenty of good candidates: Lagerfield, Phelps, Kryyst, McIntry, Pepperoni, Scholz, etc. Who's your choice for best player and why?
b. Based on player ratings, EDM has the advantage in speed and acceleration and HAM has the advantage in balance and strength. Which team's physical skills will give them the edge in this series?
c. Assemble your ideal fantasy team out of players in this series - F, F, F, D, D, G. Explain your choices.
d. Blizzard... snow... ok debate time - do you like snow? yes or no? why or why not?

B. If FHM is a more accurate depiction of hockey then Edmonton has the advantage. The last few years have shown that teams are getting faster and faster and teams without quick feet get left in the dust. A guy could be the strongest beast of a man or lady to ever lace up skates but if they are getting beat to the puck all the time it doesn’t matter.
(69)

16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

BAP

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2020, 02:32 PM by Muerto.)

1. In a different timeline, the Los Angeles Panthers Western Finals series versus the Edmonton Blizzard went the other way, and the Panthers scored the OT winner in each of their 4 games, completing the sweep and sending the Blizz to the sidelines while advancing themselves to the Challenge Cup finals versus the Hamilton Steelhawks. It is hard to stomach that a team would basically lose 4 coin flips in a row (which is basically what OT is) so in this instance the shoe was on the other foot! Or the skate. The Panthers' superstars like Phillip Winter and GOD McZehrl would have their hands full against the strong 'Hawks squad, but given how Edmonton is holding their own in a close series, and the Panthers are about the same level as the Blizzard, I can see that this alternate finals would be very exciting, and probably a little more higher scoring. It would have been great to see LAP come away with the Cup in a 7-game battle, partyl because they are an admirable squad with a lot of lovable characters, but also mostly because my bracket would have been dead on!

2. I think the free redistribution will be mostly beneficial to teams which maybe didn't have as much of a head start on getting used to FHM as some other teams who maybe had a chance to work with it and have a strategy on how to build their players to maximum advantage. Just using my own team, the Winnipeg Jets, as an example, I had never used FHM until after we had already done regression and player-building was based on limited knowledge of the process. Having that season of experience under our belts, I feel that we will be able to guide players a little bit better on where to allocate points to be most effective in their roles, and a better idea of how strategies and tactics are utilized, perhaps leading to a few more wins. So that all being said, I think the top teams from last season will still be very good, but the gap between the top and the bottom will be a little narrower and there will be fewer ridiculous blowouts.

4. I really think a Selke-style trophy for Best Defensive Forward is a trophy that can be added. It is different from the Dar because that still seems to focus on offensive production moreso than pure defense. But with available stats like takeaways, and Defensive Game Rating being tracked, you can get a clearer picture of the forwards who are doing an outstanding job defensively. Also the advanced stats can give you an idea of which players are stronger in their own zone. Just as an example, a player like Commander Shepard from the Winnipeg Jets had moderately decent points, but not enough to get recognition for it, but he was top 3 player in DGR and takeaways by a forward, because that is the build he went for and the role he plays, to shut down the other teams' top lines. So I hope some love will be given to players who are geared to be backchecking or shadow-style players.

6. The Intermission Entertainment: Social Distancing Hockey! 10 fans are taken from the stands and given the opportunity to suit up and play a quick game of hockey, with the caveat being that they have to stay 6 feet away from each other at all times, or be sent off! This leads to no checking obviously but the teams can strategize to try and block off passing and shooting lanes or try to goad the other players into breaking the rules! I see it kind of being like table hockey where each player can only go up and down the ice in their own lanes! And to top it off, the puck is as big as a large pizza! It would be totally fun!

7. Goku Muerto is a big fan of the new Star Wars series 'The Mandalorian'. He was super excited one day when his agent called to let him know that through his connections, he was able to get him a cameo in the series for Season 2. He can't give out too many spoilers but he plays a role of a bounty hunter who runs afoul of Mando and Baby Yoda. He likens his death to being "almost as gruesome as when the Mountain killed Oberyn Martell in Game of Thrones". Woops, I guess that's a spoiler, his character dies. I bet you didn't see that one coming, hey? He said being on location was great and the couple days of shooting was a dream come true as he got to see all the behinds-the-scenes things that go on to make TV magic happen!

16. CW TRIVIA: Verification Word: slumdog

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
This reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S53 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in that reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?

In my timeline, Buffalo shocks the world and takes Hamilton to Game 7 and wins, marching to another appearance in the finals. Edmonton is there, having gotten past their opponents with relative ease with the exception of Los Angeles which they battle to seven games as well. Lets look how they got there, both teams are defensively gifted, both teams allowed less than 125 goals with Buffalo just beating Edmonton on that stat 109 to 121. Both have stellar goaltenders which helped keep them in the fight throughout the first three rounds and have a forward corps that boast depth as well as scoring prowess. Edmonton is a team on the grow with multiple prospects ready to take the next steps while Buffalo is going to lose a cornerstone of its defense at the conclusion of this season. One window opening, one window maybe closing, I say Buffalo has it, winning in 7, in overtime.

Quote:3. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which player from the Steelhawks or the Blizzard would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?

For this one, there is only one player I can see winning some serious hardware in the next few seasons and that is Edmonton prospect William Hartmann. He's a gifted two way player and is tearing it up in the J, having just gone to the All Star game. He could easily win the Rookie of the Year award and I definitely see him winning at least three Jeff Dar trophy for best two way player in his career. He's a solid power forward with a scoring touch that's tough to beat. The sky is the limit for that kid with perhaps even a Ron Mexico in his future.

Quote:6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Come up with a program of intermission entertainment for one of the games of the finals. What's the between-period on-ice entertainment the fans will enjoy? The goofier the better, go crazy.

For any kid of the 90s, there is only one show that I could sit down and watch without fail, even if it were on repeat for the rest of my life. Double Dare. That's what kind of entertainment I'd wanna see. Some basic obstacle course with some messy stuff like colored water balloons and of course pies and slime. Seriously, if you don't know what I am talking about go to youtube and put in "Double Dare Marc Summers". You'll understand what I mean. So the premise would be you ask a trivia question, you can answer, pass or "dare" the other team to answer, they can pass back or "double dare" and if you can't get it, you have to take the physical challenge which would involve the messiness I listed above. It's clean family fun, its easily cleaned up, its nostalgic, its legendary and plus you win a little money out of it, like 500 bucks or so. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Quote:7. Written/Graphic, 2 TPE (100 words min. for written option)
Even though the Panthers fell short this season, the LA influence has been felt around the league and execs in Hollywood are paying more attention to the SHL with the hometown team making waves. If your player could have a cameo in any tv show or movie, what show/movie would they choose? (for the purposes of this PT you may choose a show/movie that already exists just uhhh pretend they re-shoot it with your cameo or something idk).

For me, the obvious answer is Letterkenny. At the present time, my player is a Winnipeg Jet and in the last season of Letterkenny, they were having a hockey tournament between towns in Ontario with TSN stars making guest appearances. They even had a fake no name former league goon who was now playing beer league hockey in the tourny against the hometown boys. So, in my cameo, TSN sends me to Letterkenny to be the "on ice reporter". As a hard hitting award winning Defensive D, Meeting with the players from the tournament, making guesses on who is going to win and players that deserve a shot in the SHL, etc.

Quote:8. Written/Graphic, 3 TPE (150 words min. for written option)
The arenas in Edmonton and Hamilton certainly don't need any gimmicks to get people into the stadium for the series, but the arenas want to make sure they're pulling out all the stops on the big stage. Help the concessions department of one of these two teams develop a new product, with marketing specifically pertaining to this finals series, to be sold at the arena during the finals. Describe the product and the marketing in 150 words or create a promotional poster showing the product, its name, the price, etc.

The best item I could come up with is the Hamilton Steelhawks are selling a drone of an actual steelhawk, it comes with a falconry glove which controls the drone as it flies. The drone is lifelike, actually flapping "wings" and capable of doing stunts and maneuvers like a real hawk. It can fly up to a mile away from the user, is compact enough to fit inside a 2x2 box and complies with all local and federal regulations on the use of drones. It also has a small camera which can be used via bluetooth to cut down on wires or other hindrances. It comes in the team colors or basic black and retails at the team store of 399.99. The marketing could be a drone steelhawk presenting the puck at center ice for Game 1 or a series clinching game between themselves and Edmonton or making appearances between intermission along with fancy ringside graphics.

Quote:16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Kingsize

Code:

My original prediction, if I even remember that correctly, was LAP vs NEW playing in the finals with NEW winning in the end. Well, that obviously didn't happen in reality. I was very surprised to see Edmonton sweep the Panthers - I did not at all expect that to happen, especially since both teams played 7 games in the previous round. The Panthers had the best regular season record in the West, but we all know how little that means once you're in the playoffs. I could've seen the LAP/EDM series go to at least 6 or 7 games as well with LA eventually winning in the West in an alternate reality. In the East it was equally close between Hamilton and New England during the regular season. Sure, NEW won one game, but I would say this was an even bigger surprise and I could've seen them win in 6 or 7 games over Hamilton as well. Or let's put it this way: I honestly didn't expect Hamilton to dominate as much as they did so far. (178 words)

Code:

Let's just start with a team that won't be good, because that's the easiest to pick: Toronto. There are many a few others that have a very slim chance to win (those that were relatively bad this past season), but other than that it's really up to anyone. Some teams I can still see being good or among the top next season are Manhattan, New England, Hamilton, Los Angeles and probably New Orleans and Edmonton as well. I'm sure some team will also benefit from the redistribution and I wouldn't be surprised to see Manhattan back in the finals actually. At the moment we don't really know about trades that will happen and if a team trades around a lot, things might change a lot so it's hard to predict anything right now. Things however aren't as unpredictable anymore as with STHS. Good teams will be good and bad teams will be bad. If your team has high TPE players and a somewhat decent group that knows how to use FHM you have a good chance to win. (178 words)

Code:

I think Edmonton's new starter (after Tommy Tuck retired), Emiko Spector, has the potential to win a McBride award for best goalie at some point. This season they had a good 1A/1B goalie situation in Edmonton, with Tuck playing slightly more games than Spector, but the numbers speak for themselves. Obviously we'll have to see how Spector can handle being a full-time starter, but if the team can add a decent backup - why not? With not even being at 1k TPE yet, there are many seasons to come and to get better. This also really shows how important it is to have two good goalies in FHM. (108 words)

Code:

Which team will win gold? Easy: This can only be one of the big teams. Teams like the US or Canada have too many good players (by that I mean players with 1k TPE and up and many of them). None of the smaller teams will even have a chance. My own team/nation, Finland, is among the smaller ones that were already struggling lately with STHS. We've already seen that good players matter in FHM and if you have a team full of high TPE players they will just smash any weaker team. That’s just the reality. Naturally the popular nations with tons of players to choose from will have the upper hand here and it's not even close. Obviously my team won't do very well; we might even come last again. I'm kind of used to that by now. However, I believe the format just got changed again anyway, so we’ll see if that can help. Gold will probably go to Canada, maybe? (164 words)

Code:
13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.

d. Blizzard... snow... ok debate time - do you like snow? yes or no? why or why not?
What kind of question is this? Obviously I like snow. I love winter and I love snow, that's not even a question. The more snow - the better. I absolutely hate summer and hot weather, so in that sense I'm the opposite of most people, but I don't care. Snow makes me happy, but unfortunately we didn't have a single snow day here last winter. (65 words)

Code:
16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification: coffee

16 TPE

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2020, 05:19 PM by Thunfish.)

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

I have actually been looking at an alternate reality sim for the past couple of weeks for a series of media pieces where I tackle things in a swing between a narrative-style and a descriptive-style of writing regarding the game itself, which you can find here, here and here if you are so inclined to read them. Now, of course, I've only recently started to actively dabble with the simulation in some ways (namely, I wished to run an IIHF like tournament but the lack of a proper Tournament option, which you could actually use in OOTP but not in FHM for whatever reason, means that I'll have to do some shenanigans to get it running, thus neutering any chances of that sim being entirely clean of kerfuffle) but if I must write a proper reality, here goes.

The year is 2020 and... nothing went wrong. After the Chinese announced the closure of their more traditional, carefree open markets and a ban on some of their more unique foods (or that one guy that was supposed to take care of their research... did his job right, depending on who you ask) after being threatened to not be allowed participation in the World Cup of Hockey; the year didn't go as poorly. After decimating the former National Hockey League, the SHL's Challenge Cup became hockey's most cherished cup, with efforts from the Russians, the Germans, the Swiss, the British, the Japanese and the Brazilian following them respectively. The finals aren't a shocker: led by the efforts of Micronesian-South African center Enosa van Kolet, the Steelhawks prepare to square off against the current champions, the Edmonton Blizzard, after taking out the Calgary Dragons, the Seattle Metropolitans and the Texas Renegades on their way to the big dance. On the other hand, the Blizzard, still a dominating team with many names from that strong Canadian team that dominated the World Cup two years previous, managed to take out the Buffalo Stampede, the Indianapolis Racers and then finished off facing a resilient but alas beaten Baltimore Platoon.

In hindsight, I might have gone with one reality with a couple of more changes than the acceptable but eh, hell, sounded more fun.

Quote:7. Written/Graphic, 2 TPE (100 words min. for written option)
Uh... they kinda beat me to it.

For the record, that movie kinda sucked too. I do think me being there would improve the quality to some extent, the costume they used for Yoshimitsu could've used some improvement (even though he is quite definitively one of the hardest characters to cosplay as in a decent fashion and the movie did get most character costumes pretty well, with a couple of exceptions) and I'm sure I'd make the character way more appropriate, given how the Hollywood big heads had the brilliant idea of making him a villain (which is totally not accurate at all) and a Kazuya lackey (which is bullshit, Yoshi would never work for a Mishima, he would definitively steal money from them and give most of it to the poor but never work for them at all).

Also, two comments: Jin with a Naginata is hilarious and the guy there as Heihachi? That's the same actor who did Shang Tsung in the first Mortal Kombat movie. Look it up.

Quote:16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

My word there is "Yoshimitsu" like usual.

Quote:13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
a. Who is the best player in this CC finals? Plenty of good candidates: Lagerfield, Phelps, Kryyst, McIntry, Pepperoni, Scholz, etc. Who's your choice for best player and why?
b. Based on player ratings, EDM has the advantage in speed and acceleration and HAM has the advantage in balance and strength. Which team's physical skills will give them the edge in this series?
c. Assemble your ideal fantasy team out of players in this series - F, F, F, D, D, G. Explain your choices.
a. Flacko Lagerfield, hands down. Almost led the league in goals and led the league in points during the regular season while also making a major contribution to his team at the playoffs. Sounds like the kind of player they should pre-emptively take for a friendly weekend at Saskatoon where he would totally stay out of the nice sights and not from any possible threats... What?
b. A true ninja understands that a proper strike is always quick and painless. Well, until the blood starts to come out, then it hurts like hell... so, if I must make a suggestion about who would probably win, I reckon that a team with a focus on speed and acceleration will be, eventually, capable to topple down strength and balance. Can't exactly tackle down what you can't reach, can you?
c. Well... I am not really an adept of fantasy hockey, something I think I have said in the past but if I really need to pick some sort of all-star squad, I would go with the following. Geezus Kryyst as the goalie (seeing as Emiko Spector is still a bit of a prospect and Tommy Tuck is kind of a massive figure first and foremost) while my other selections are based after how well they went on the playoffs so far. Samuel Michaud and Tor Tuck as the defensive duo (most hits), Tony Pepperoni as the Center (assists) and finally the duo of Barrett Blackwood and Sophia Bennett as wingers (goals).
d. A true ninja is capable of adapting to any sort of terrain and weather, to the point where such a situation like the snow would hardly affect or ruin my time. That said, I do like the snow as I believe it's pleasant and easier to handle the cold than to handle the heat. Just my two cents.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2020, 12:02 PM by Mavfatha.)

2. I don't expect a whole lot of change at the top next season. Redistributions might switch the order around between teams some depending on who has become fluent in FHM since last offseason and applies that homework to their team the best. Still, just having TPE and any non-garbage build for your players is enough to be a solid competitor, and it's all luck from there even in a better engine. New England looks to be a well-rounded team once again after dominating the regular season, and the same goes for Hamilton. I could see New Orleans pushing a bit higher in their conference as well with the talent they have. Unfortunately my own team in Texas is not quite there yet, but I think we could move up a spot or two in the conference as well and start sniffing out a playoff birth. Ultimately the top 2 in the East are the scariest once again.

4. One of the new stat categories that I really like in FHM is takeaways. I think an award with those as center-stage while also considering things like minimal giveaways and a high Overall Rating would fill a niche akin to a "rogue" or "thief" archetype in RPG's. Because we don't really have the career numbers to name it after any SHL player right now, I would call this award the "Greatest Thief in the Multiverse" award in honor of Dack Fayden (a magic the gathering character/inside joke). It would of course be renamed to honor an SHL great after a certain number of seasons have passed. For this season, there's actually quite a few solid competitors, including Gibbles with a ton of takeaways but giving the puck back too often and McCarthy with half as many giveaways and only 5 fewer takeaways but a low rating. To me, the winner would be Tig Murphy for his 40 takeaways and only 9 giveaways plus a strong 78 rating.

5. I am really excited for IIHF this season. My country - Germany - has been in a fairly solid place for quite a few seasons now, constantly challenging for a medal of some kind and taking home the gold pretty recently as well. Though we are aging a bit in our forward core we still have a lot of strong options there (not to toot my own horn, but including myself as well). Our defenders are young and maybe not quite up to snuff yet, but they show a lot of promise for future tournaments and it will be a good opportunity for them to gel early on. I think our forwards will carry us to at least a medal once again. The US team is also a consistent competitor and I could see them being our fiercest rival for the gold. The final team I'll mention is team Norway, who doesn't have the best forwards or defenders but has a solid all-around squad with no big holes plus one of the best goalies around in Mr. Tuck.

13d. I am firmly in the liking snow camp, though with a caveat. I feel like if I lived somewhere that constantly had snow - like my former team in New England (do they actually get a lot of snow there? unsure) - that I would likely get sick of it. But living where my current team plays in Texas, it's more of a rare and fun treat. That really helps keep snow feeling magical, which is the whole key to enjoying it.

16. Anthropomorphism

PBE PT

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2020, 06:16 PM by PremierBromanov.)

157 words - 3 TPE
In this alternate reality, everything is opposite, which means the semi-finals are between Toronto, Tampa Bay, Texas, and Minnesota. Toronto being stacked with raw talent is the favorite for the cup, and Tampa bay has just reloaded with superstars Fitted and Fiddler. However, since this reality is opposite, Tampa has a bad goalie and so eventually after 7 games, Toronto made their way through with a deep, talented roster. Michael Fitted recorded 5 goals through that series, a few of them game winners, and Fiddler had what could be called a Conn Smythe shift or two. alas, the Sythe is for winners, and you can't beat Toronto, they're like the 2001 avs. In Minnesota, the texans are battling hard. Their roster is loaded, but Minnesota has some kind of wizard casting spells, or so it seems. This is also a 7 game series, but ultimately raw talent and effort prevails, putting Texas against Toronto in the finals.

161 words - 3 TPE
I think Buffalo is one of those teams looking to make a lot of noise. They've picked up a few key pieces already, one from Tampa Bay, and they have loads of TPE ready to spread around. They've also got a number of solid players coming up into the SHL, and their key prospects continue to grow steadily. It's hard to tell what strategy is the winning strategy, as I don't expect the redistribution to see that many drastically changed builds. However, I think the coaches will certainly play with their deployments a lot more. I do hope that we see more interesting builds, like Garbage Collectors and things of that nature. As always, the biggest factor that I think everyone looks at is points, guys like Wagstrom who dominate the league, but we don't see much talk of their defensive sides. I think a few strong players will experiment with being more defensive, and hopefully that makes a big impact.

4. 189 words 3 TPE

I think having access to possession numbers really helps a lot, and we could see the rise of possession based metrics. There's a big discrepancy between low TPE teams and high TPE in terms of corsi right now, so clear winners are sure to be found. We also have access to PDO, which can determine two way play for players, as a metric of save percentage and shooting percentage. With access to so many stats, we might just have a Staticians Award, which goes to the player with the most outrageous advanced stats, but who dont necessarily show up on the score sheet. We could track things like Corsi, Fenwick, PDO, Goals For and against per 60, shots for and against per 60, and we can massage a lot of these stats around as well to create new stats. Finally, I think "Most Improved" would be really cool, to look at a player like...say...me! Who has 33% corsi. Or many players from lower teams who have abysmal corsi, you could see if any of us shoot up to 55% or 60% and say "wowee, this guy improved a lot"

5. 151 words - 3 TPE
I think Great Britain has a solid shot, and I dont say that just because I'm on the team. Okay, well, I do say that. But, Simon did hand us a Gold, and if anything is true, it's that Simon knows what he's doing. In more realistic terms, we won with me playing 4C at 425 TPE. Starting this season, I have almost double that TPE, and have had some relative success in playing against 1st and 2nd lines in the SHL. Hence my aforementioned 33% corsi. With nearly 850 TPE to start, and an already stacked roster, our chances only get better. If I can be sort-of effective in the top 6 in the SHL, I can surely be mega-effective on the 4th line. And my build IS suited to grinding. Alas, I digress. Great Britain will take it all, and the world will know how good we really are.

184 words - 3 TPE
The intermission of the finals will include jesters on ice. The jesters in each game will be comprised of the losers of the SHL up until this point, as they are humiliated and demeaned as if they were roamn gladiators, except they don't die. So for each game and each intermission, the home and away team's victories are played up by rolling their opponents out on the ice. For instance, in game 1 of the series, the Home team's first series opponent will be rolled out and they will dance, slip, and fall for our amusement. Fans in the arena are permitted, nay, encouraged to throw food and other things at them during the 20 minute intermission. In the 2nd intermission, the Home team's 2nd opponent will be rolled out there. Only the home team wheels out their old opponents. Once all of their playoff opponents are gone, likely by the end of the first game, other losers from their conference are brought in as well, and finally if the games permit it, the worst teams in the league are wheeled out for humiliation.

option d - 156 words - 1 TPE
I used to like snow a lot, and in most ways I still do. What I liked about it before was sort of a rose-tinted idealistic version of snow. Having grown up in Michigan, I've become accustomed to dealing with it, and indeed have had fun with it. And of course, christmas movies create this sort of fondness for snow as well, because it speaks to the warmth of being INSIDE, rather than being outside in the actual snow. But these days, I'm so fuckin over being cold. It's the worst feeling, I'd rather bake in a 120 degree car or sweat my ass off in the sun, at least then I feel like I'm accomplishing something. Sometimes you cant even enjoy the comfort of your own home in the winter because you need to be wrapped in 2 blankets and wear gloves because it's ever so slightly below 68 degrees and your hands are cold.

16 TPE total

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Code:

See, on an Edmonton Blizzard and Jon point of view I do not think much will change for me. I think a few people will copy the better team's TPE builds if possible and that they have the same amount of Total Points Earner to match them but overall I think the Blizzard are in a pretty good position going forwards really. I think the only real changes would be minor position switches but I cannot see the weaker teams suddenly getting better without actual roster moves. I think Hamilton, New England, Calgary and Edmonton probably the big teams. Plus LAP. I do not know whether or not to include NOLA in that with dramas but they do have a good squad. The rest might be able to find the true meta build maybe? But honestly I think we are a little away from that so overall I do not see a drastic change. [154 words]

Code:

As reigning champs and the final team to ever win in Simon sim I will pick this one. I do not think the UK can retain the gold but we should be able to go quite deep in the tournament I think. Maybe get to semis but that would be a tall order. The simple answer is going to be Canada and the United States cause they easily have the most players to choose from so players will average higher TPE. So why not just say one of those since realistically it will be one of these barring a huge upset.

I doubt any other nation past perhaps Sweden could maybe upset. I would like to think maybe we can or we would be one of the only nations that realistically could cause an upset but we will end up seeing very soon. It would be nice to gun for the back-to-back-to-back if Edmonton can win out the rest of this series.

[166 words]

Code:
8. Written/Graphic, 3 TPE (150 words min. for written option)

Are you suffering from anger issues? Are you constantly pissed off by the stupid people you're surrounded by? Have you got a revenge list on those who wronged you? Well, fear no more! So the Edmonton Blizzard are proud to present the world with a new product! The Jon Forty-One scented candles! Yes, now you too can have nice smelling candles when you order tickets to any Edmonton Blizzard game & that will calm you down in no time! Boiling or burning rage within? Light up a candle and watch those worries go! (Don't use lighter to start fires instead please.)

Just listen to our happiest customer, Jon! "I fucking hate this and everyone in this league..." See! An amazing turnover in his anger levels and this could be you as well people! Just for the small additonal price of $41 (Canadian dollars) we can have this shipped to you with a smile on our faces with your tickets. Bring it to the game if you like! [168 words]

Code:

A. I will say it is Jon Forty-One. Why? Well, I always said to myself I would include myself as a probably once in a lifetime thing for this and since I am finally in the major leagues final I will happily say I am the best. I did beat LA Panthers too so why not just give me MVP already. Just ignore every stat ever. [67 words]
B. I would honestly say speed but to be honest I do not know anything about the new sim engine. Just usually speed is a huge factor but maybe balance is really important. I doubt strength would be that huge/one of the biggest factors but never know. So I'll pick Edmonton I guess but no clue. [57 words]
C.
This one is rather simple for me:
F - Hercules Rockefeller
F - Julio Tokolosh
C/F - Jon Forty-One
D - FR Finn-Rhys
D - Tor Tuck
G - Emiko Spector

You might see that these are all Edmonton players. It was hard to miss using Aaron Wilson from the list but I have to go for the team I am loyal too. [60 words]
D. I mean I am in England. We do not really get that much snow or heat, just an insane amount of rain and unpredictable changes. So overall yeah I love the snow. I am bit of a canadian too cause i love the cold and barely does anything to me til it gets to the extreme numbers but can't last in heat so yeah I love the snow. [69 words. Nice.]

Code:
SUBMIT TRIVIA ANSWERS HERE

Confirmation word: regret

[16 TPE]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Code:
PBE Welfare Claim

Code:
Wait, everyone is getting a free redistribution this offseason?! Clearly I need to pay attention more. Regardless, I think the teams I would anticipate being some of the top teams next season will be Hamilton and New England in the East and San Francisco and Edmonton in the West. I think all four of these teams have a lot of relatively young talent that should be able to be around for awhile and I don't really see them losing much this offseason. A wildcard, at least for me, would be New Orleans. They have been slowly building a quality roster that is on the verge of being consistently good. Honestly, though, all of this is just a silly thought experiment that could go any of a multitude of different ways. As long as teams have consistent updaters with 1,000+ TPE I think it really will end up being a crap shoot and could go any of a multitude of different directions.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
With new tools at our disposal in FHM, we may eventually see some new awards enter the fold. Create a suggestion for a new SHL award. What kind of achievement is the award given for? Who's the award named after? Who would've won the award this season?
I think a really interesting idea for an award would be something akin to an Iron Man award for most minutes played by a skater. I would absolutely remove goalies from being eligible because frankly, they are generally going to earn 60 minutes a game and it would just be unfair to include them. I think something like that would be really interesting because it would give at least a general recognition to the guys with legs of steel that are the grinders and the clutch players, as you would expect some of your most consistent players to be the ones earning the most ice time. The only concern I would have with fairness amongst the skaters would be finding a way to equalize minutes amongst the forwards and defensemen. Most teams run two solid defensive pairings that see a lot of minutes while teams are limited to running three forward lines so it would definitely not equal out with the predominance of minutes being split amongst four players for the defensive side and nine players for the forwards. All in all though, I think it would be a cool award to see.

Code:
I am not sure I would consider this goofy but I think a great intermission half time would be to have the most massive fireworks display humanly possible inside of an indoor stadium. Throw in some attractive members of the opposite sex gyrating endlessly to some thumping music and you have a ready made memorable intermission show. The only major concerns with any of this would be a) the fire marshall catching wind and shutting down the fireworks display, b) increased risk of things catching fire (particularly up in the stands with the fans), c) sexual harassment claims from inappropriate fans ogling attractive members of the opposite sex, d) parents considering gyrating dancers being inappropriate for children under the age of 13, and e) the whole show being invisible to the fans or the dancers due to the smoke created from all the fireworks that would then be unable to adequately vent from the building. All that said, I would definitely give it a go.

Code:
Like you listed, there are plenty of great players to choose from as far as being the "best" in the Cup Finals. If I am going to be honest, I think the "best" player is FR Finn-Rhys because, honestly, I am incredibly biased and I think he comes in clutch when he needs to.
Code:
With FHM still being a totally new beast to me I would hope that speed and acceleration would rule the day, especially since if you are fast and can get moving quickly it is harder for strength to be impactful, or at least that is my hope. I think the balance part may be the outlier though and it could tip this whole thing back into Hamilton's favor (which I don't want for clearly biased reasons).
Code:
My ideal fantasy team would be
F- Aaron Wilson - solid overall
F- Tony Pepperoni - clutch player who can shoot and pass
F - Flacko Lagerfield - he was on my actual fantasy team so i gotta be consistent
D - FR Finn-Rhys - fan favorite, kills it with the ladies, just an all-around good dude
D - Karlstasse Scholz - absolutely money on both ends of the ice
G - Emiko Spector - gotta rep my goalie
Code:
I LOVE SNOW! I cannot help but love the cold and snow. I am from Alaska so I am totally use to it and feel most comfortable when it is bitterly cold and snowy (as long as I am dressed appropriately). There is just something about hearing the crunch of snow under your feet and the sight of your breath when it is frigid out that just makes life better in every way.

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020, 07:22 PM by Waters.)

I don't believe the top teams will change very much. We should still see teams like the Steelhawks, Blizzard and Wolfpack on top. All 3 of those teams have found a way to make their current builds work, and are all very high tpe teams that won't get affected by the change very much. Will the change have an impact on the standings? Sure, the teams at the top and bottom should be a lot closer to each other if the teams at the bottom can fix their problem areas, but as of the current moment, the top teams shouldn't see much variance. Outside of those 3 teams, other high TPE teams that might have had a bad transitional period may see noticeable improvement, or teams with strong offseasons in terms of pure, over-the-board tpe acquisition could also see a big enough improvement to get over the hump. Overall though, not much change on the horizon.

Aaron Wilson seems like the obvious choice in my opinion to be a future superstar. He's coming off a fantastic year already, with 21 goals and 57 points, and there's no doubt he can take his two-way game and turn it into award-winning type production. As other forwards will decline, Wilson will be asked to step up even more than he has and there's no doubt that he can step up to the task if he needs to. He's got serious talent in all facets of the game, and once the award voters see what he is capable of, he will surely start to rake in awards.

IIHF should be pretty close, with a lot of teams probably coming in with a shot at gold with all the novelty of the sim engine and the way teams should be built by iihf teams considering they have much less control on who they are managing. Great Britain are of course defending champions, and they are quite good candidates to repeat. Canada and the US are probably the two strongest teams in the tournament this season, and proably stand a better shot than Team GB. My team, Russia, could do some damage, but is not as strong as it once was in its heyday. I would love to see Russia or my friends in Canada win, but I expect the US to probably take it, as they are one of the most stacked teams in recent years of IIHF, and a better team is much more often rewarded in FHM.

I've always wondered why the NHL has never organized a mascot fake fighting ring, and thankfully, the SHL has managed to do exactly this during the playoff finals, putting a smile on the face of every person in the crowd. I believe the SHL put together this ring as a way to "predict" the final score of the game. While the fights were of course fake, the fights were so entertaining that they managed to really become their own sensation and stand out from the hockey being played. The two mascots were tied after the game 6 fight, a tie which was never broken, but it is expected that the teams will have their mascots fight the series decider during the next game between the two in the upcoming regular season. The practice will also be expanded league-wide, with early favorites including the Manhattan Bull, and that idiot who took a job where he calls himself Starry the Star for 3 hours a game.

14. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other

There is no man more important to the Hamilton Steelhawks in the last 20 seasons than Robert Phelps. When Phelps came in, he brought success with him, and when he leaves, I'm sure he will take success away as well. He represented that in this finals series. His status as a legend of the team was already well-cemented, but by tying for the scoring lead in the finals, winning his second cup with the organization, his name truly etched itself into the annals of Steelhawks history. To be this valuable this far into a player's SHL career is incredibly difficult, and if he managed to do it for a few more seasons to come, it would be near-unprecedented.

verification word: waters

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2020, 03:55 PM by Blues.)

Code:

I would anticipate the Minnesota Chiefs being a top contender next season. They have a few players that are coming up from the minor league that have had a few seasons to see what their 425 TPE build looks like in the SMJHL, and have the opportunity to try out their uncapped builds for the first time on a new stage. One of these players is Adam Scianna, currently of the Kelowna Knights. He had a great season with Kelowna and may be headed up to the big leagues for the first time. I think Scianna and players like him have the opportunity to surprise the league. Minnesota is a team that is in a little bit of a rebuild, with several promising prospects on the rise. There are also a lot of smart players that are currently playing for the team, that will no doubt take a look at which builds worked this season and apply similar logic to their personal builds.

Code:
With new tools at our disposal in FHM, we may eventually see some new awards enter the fold. Create a suggestion for a new SHL award. What kind of achievement is the award given for? Who's the award named after? Who would've won the award this season?

I think that we could see a new award for defensive forwards, or see a revamping of the defensive forward award. We now have a lot of different metric to look at than we did in SimonT. For example, we can now look at how many giveaways and takeaways a player has in a season, as well as how well they are playing compared to how they are expected to play with the game rating stat. I think that the award would've gone to Colin Gibbles this season, as he was a forward that led the league in takeaways. He has had the highest defensive game rating of any forwards in the league. I think that we could name it after Joe McKeil, the legendary Hamilton Steelhawks player. He played for an unheard of amount of seasons and was a defensive force throughout his career. He was a player that could rack up points, as well as hits.

Code:

Game 1. The lights are on and the players from both teams take the ice with a fiery passion to take home the Challenge Cup. The aggression on the ice is palpable, but what some might not think about is the aggression and tension in the stands. All of the opposing fans now have a beef between them as their respective teams vie to make history and win it all. What could alleviate some of this tension, you ask? Well, what else than a fun intermission game! With two contestants starting at the goal line, there will be a pair of hockey pants at the close blue line, a chest protector and jersey at the red line, and a stick and gloves at the far blue line. Contestants must run on the ice to each checkpoint, put on the respective equipment, run down to the far goal line to retrieve a puck, and then stickhandle all the way down the ice to score a goal.

Code:
a. I would argue that Tony Pepperoni is the best player in this series. Not only do the rest of the candidate names pale in comparison to his, but Tony currently leads the playoffs in points, with five goals and fifteen assists in 15 games. He has also shown to be capable of playing high minutes, averaging 27 minutes per game.

b. I think that Edmonton has the physical edge in this series, as I believe that speed and acceleration have a great advantage in FHM. Some of the most important physical attributes are speed, stamina, and acceleration and as Edmonton has the edge in most of these, I think that their physical stats will be a decider in the series.

c.
Forward - Tony Pepperoni, Robert Phelps, Barret Blackwood
Defence - Gabriel Johnson, Brady McIntyre
Goalie - Geezus Kryyst

The three forwards that I have chosen for the fantasy team have all had a great playoff season in terms of points. I've already gone over why Pepperoni earns his spot, but Phelps and Blackwood are both flirting with point per game numbers. Johnson and McIntyre are both veterans in the league that have have excellent offensive output this season. Kryyst has far and away been the best goalie this playoffs, and has been a backbone for Hamilton.

d. I do like snow, but I must admit that it is a little bit much for us t be getting snow in May. I love walking outside in the snow, especially during large snowstorms, just because the world seems quieter and peaceful. Another thing I love about snow is how beautiful it looks falling by street lights. I enjoy just sitting in my living room, looking out the window at the flakes that are falling to the ground outside.

Code:

Confirmation Word: lets_go_knoots13

16/16 TPE

Player Page || Update Thread
[Image: ffBCCRQ.png]

Code:
In a parallel universe, Michael Scarn and the Buffalo Stampede would have overcome the great odds stacked against them to be playing in the Challenge Cup. The Stampede have had issues running into the Hamilton Steelhawks in the playoffs lately, who have asserted complete dominance over them physically, emotionally, and biologically. In this alternative reality, the Stampede were able to overcome their daddy issues to finally beat the Steelhawks in a playoff series, asserting their edge in terms of the firepower that they have for their top six forwards. On the other side of the bracket, I think that a cool fun story would have been if the New Orleans Specters managed to make their way through the West and enter the Challenge Cup representing the western conference. It would have been a grand time of drama and excitement throughout the league community and I for one would have loved to see it.

Code:
Before redistributions take place, I see the New England Wolfpack remaining one of the top teams entering next season. Led by goal scoring sensation Ola Wagstrom, an elite defense anchored by Guy Zheng, and one of the top goal tending prospects in all of the SHL on the way, the Wolfpack definitely have some of the best depth in the league. The league's brutal schedule, which frequently schedules consecutive games on a nightly basis, can really take a toll on skaters' legs especially over the second half of the season. The Wolfpack are able to manage their fatigue and stamina through sheer volume, having a deep roster of capable skaters who are able to keep their energy up throughout each game which proves to be a competitive edge for their team. If Wagstorm can maintain his sensational play for next season, look out for the Wolfpack to be back on top of the league.

Code:
I think that Aaron Wilson is a future league most valuable player in the making for the Hamilton Steelhawks. Everyone around the league knows that mr. aaron wilson is the absolute best coach that money can buy in the simulation hockey league. Aaron Wilson is an expert at getting the very best out of all of the Hamilton players. His own player, Aaron Wilson, is also a rising star who has consistently found ways to perform above his current tpe level, and produce on the ice with quality end results. Wilson is a strong player, who has one of the highest Strength ratings in the league, and is a really quality two-way player. I can see Wilson certainly winning quite a few Dar awards in the future as he rounds his game out to become a complete force on the ice, and eventually become a goal scoring monster and threat anywhere in the offensive zone.

Code:
The fans will certainly enjoy at the challenge cup finals between period entertainment show the TV show The Office that has been brought on ice and appropriately renamed "The Office On Ice". The Office tv stars Steve Carrell, John Krasinski, and Jenna Fischer will all be joining the cast of The Office On Ice to bring Scranton's best paper supply firm to the hockey arena. Act I will be an exclusive new episode of The Office where Michael Scott and the salesmen and saleswomen of The Office secure a big contract with the SHL to sell large amounts of paper material for promotional materials for the Challenge Cup. This family friendly act will certainly delight the crowd. Act II will be a Rated R portion, where youths will be asked to leave their seats and enter the concourse briefly. Act II will be a super realistic rendition of Threat Level Midnight where Goldenface tried to blow up the arena.

Code:
7. Written/Graphic, 2 TPE (100 words min. for written option)
Michael Scarn would love to bring Threat Level Midnight to a Hollywood studio for professional production. While Michael Scarn loved producing Threat Level Midnight using his own editing software on his own computer in his office, Great Scott Productions, Scarn admittedly knows that having some big name producers signed onto his movie would definitely let Threat Level Midnight to garner more attention and critical acclaim nationwide. Scarn hopes to have Threat Level Midnight, the remastered edition, enter real movie theaters across the nation and who knows, maybe it will be nominated for a few Oscars or at least win a few independent movie festival awards.

Code:
falafel

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020, 12:24 PM by Patty.)

PH

In my reality the series are based off the strength of each teams' logos.  I generally don’t like logos with the team name in them but as that’s a common theme in the SHL I’ll set that aside.  Los Angeles Panthers vs New Orleans Specters I have the Panthers advancing. Great style and color scheme there.  Edmonton Blizzard vs Calgary Dragons I have the Blizzard advancing this is more to the Dragon being overly detailed than the strength of Edmonton.  New England Wolfpack vs Manhattan Rage, this is an easy win for the Rage.  That bull is incredible has a lot of personality.  Hamilton Steelhawks vs Buffalo Stampede, Buffalo wins this.  Hamilton’s logo is too gray and flat.  Edmonton vs Los Angeles, the Panthers win again their logo feels right Edmonton’s feels unbalanced. The wordmark is pretty shoehorned.  Manhattan vs Buffalo, this is the closest matchup yet.  Buffalo’s logo is a little too simple a third color could really elevate it and Manhattan’s is on the edge of over complicated.  That said Manhattan wins here.  Manhattan vs Los Angeles this is a tough call but its going to Los Angeles the balance style and complication levels are just right.  Manhattan’s complication gets them here.  Congrats to the Panthers!

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2020, 01:55 PM by Jenny.)

Code:

I'm gonna level with you I have absolutely no idea who would be the top team so I'm just going to say that it will be the New Orleans Specters because my allegiances are to this team now. Why? Because we are incredibly spooky and also I've recently learned that the NOLA jerseys are an absolutely blinding shade of purple and now I don't know how teams possibly play against this team without going blind and seeing stars. It's really impressive. I think we can really capitalize on that, we just need the fans to, like, bring mirrors to the arenas to reflect the blinding purple from the stands and the jerseys onto the ice and the other team won't know what the fuck hit them. It'll be more effective for home games but might still work on the road, so we should have a solid win/loss ratio and definitely top the league.

Code:

The one thing I really like about FHM is that we get to track giveaways and takeaways and so being a defensive defenceman might actually fucking mean something! Irrelevant to me now, but Mia Landvik would have appreciated it if the league had put some respeck on her name for her individual play like... once. (That time she scored points in her retiring season does NOT count.) The league can make it up to her by naming an award for being really good at gooning AND defending after her. Who would have won it this season? I have absolutely no idea but I guess I'll look at the league stats just this once. Congratulations, Collin Gibbles of the Minnesota, um, Chiefs for your league-leading 51 takeaways. Then again, you only had 4 hits, so never mind, Geoff Moore of the West Kendall Platoon had 49 takeaways and 185 hits, which is MUCH more like it.

Code:

This is the first I'm learning of all 14 teams in IIHF being in one group and I'm not exactly sure how I feel about it??? Seems a little weird compared to real life, but who cares, really, since this is a fake league with fake shit. We can do what we want. Besides, like, whatever, Team Great Britain is going to win gold again, so it doesn't matter. We have a strong as fuck tradition of yelling in the locker room about not having any lines, and everyone knows that kind of passion and disregard at the same time results in championships. Besides, any team with the squad that is Montgomery/Slothface/Cloutier on it HAS to win gold. This is a scientific fact that I made up just now. We have other players on the team too but I don't remember any of their names right this second, whoops.

Code:
a. Who is the best player in this CC finals? Plenty of good candidates: Lagerfield, Phelps, Kryyst, McIntry, Pepperoni, Scholz, etc. Who's your choice for best player and why? (1tpe)

Flacko Lagerfield is undoubtedly the best player in this series because a) I know who he is, and b) I still had the seasons stats open and 71 points is fucking insane? What the fuck? Are these the kind of points that FHM results in? I should really pay more attention what the fuck.

Code:
b. Based on player ratings, EDM has the advantage in speed and acceleration and HAM has the advantage in balance and strength. Which team's physical skills will give them the edge in this series? (1tpe)

Once again knowing nothing about FHM, I will give the edge to Edmonton with their speed and acceleration because it seems logical that if you zip zip real fast past players on the other team, how strong and balanced they are will not matter because they can't keep up with you. Do not @ me.

Code:

Here is my fantasy team:
F - Sophia Bennett
F - James Truong
F - Dale Miller
D - Samuel Michaud
D - Brady McIntyre
G - Emiko Spector

This team is fully based on which players on these teams have the most boring, normal sounding names. Because this is all fake, that was much harder to create a team out of than a team of whack names, so.

Code:

Being myself born in Edmonton and raised not too far from the same, I do like snow. I don't LOVE it, other than maybe the thrill of the first snowfall and if it's particularly pretty, but I appreciate it and am much more used to freezing my ass off than I would be to a hotter climate, so.

Code:

verification word: blue

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates