Create Account

S53 Championship Week

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
This reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S53 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in that reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?

For the first round, the scenario stays the same in the East where the two-best team in the league, Hamilton and New England, both win their first round matchup without too much trouble. However, in the West, things went completely differently. Both series go all the way to go seven like they did during the S53 playoffs, but both winners change. This means that New Orleans, stay out of all controversies, and pull the upset against the Panthers while the Calgary Dragons get the best out of the Blizzard. For the second round, nothing changes in the Eastern Conference where the Steelhawks reach the final. However, in the Western Conference, we have two different teams going at it. During the regular season, Calgary and New Orleans played four games against each other and the Dragons won three of them. The Dragons would still get the best out of them in the playoffs and came out with the win in a close series. Finally, in this scenario, we would end up with a final between the Hamilton Steelhawks and the Calgary Dragons.

181 words

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
With everyone getting a free redistribution this offseason, S54 is quite wide open at the moment. Before those redistributions take place, who would you anticipate being the top team(s) for next season?

I think the two main title contenders for next season will be the same as this year. These would be the New England Wolfpack and the Hamilton Steelhawks. Both teams had a differential over 100 this season and looking at their roster, nothing indicates that they can’t be as good as they were this season. The Wolfpack just got eliminated and they have already started making move to be better next season. They improve their goaltending by trading for Benjamin Blue which should improve the team defensive record. What we have seen from the Wolfpack this offseason is that they want to put themselves in the best position to beat the Hamilton if they have to face each other again in the playoffs next season. Other these two teams, Buffalo and Manhattan could cause trouble in the East and a playoff upset is never out of the question. In the Western Conference, I expect the Los Angeles Panthers to be a team to fear again next season.

167 words

Code:
8. Written/Graphic, 3 TPE (150 words min. for written option)
The arenas in Edmonton and Hamilton certainly don't need any gimmicks to get people into the stadium for the series, but the arenas want to make sure they're pulling out all the stops on the big stage. Help the concessions department of one of these two teams develop a new product, with marketing specifically pertaining to this finals series, to be sold at the arena during the finals. Describe the product and the marketing in 150 words or create a promotional poster showing the product, its name, the price, etc.

The food item would be sold in Edmonton. It would contain a dark sauce to represent Alberta’s oil and the product would also use the famous Alberta beef. The first item in the product is a toasted burger bun. Between the buns, you put a steak coming from an Alberta beef, so you basically got a burger. Then, you cut the burger into eight different parts like you would do for a pizza. You put the burger on a plate, and add French fries all around until the burger is surrounded. On the french fries and on the burger, add cheddar cheese curds that came all the way from Quebec. Finally, add poutine sauce all over the cheese, the french fries and the burger to get the final results and there you have it. The product is called the Alberta burger poutine and is sold at every food stand in the arena. The food item would be marketed will the help of posters that would be put at the entrance of every stand section in the building.

177 words

Code:
13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.

Code:
a. Who is the best player in this CC finals? Plenty of good candidates: Lagerfield, Phelps, Kryyst, McIntry, Pepperoni, Scholz, etc. Who's your choice for best player and why?

I think Tony Pepperoni his currently the best player in this season’s final. Pepperoni is the currently the playoff-leading scorer and he was also the seventh top scorer during the regular season, while the two Steelhawks player who outscore him during the regular season are producing at a pace that is under one point per game.

56 words

Code:
b. Based on player ratings, EDM has the advantage in speed and acceleration and HAM has the advantage in balance and strength. Which team's physical skills will give them the edge in this series?

The playoffs have always been renowned to be more physical than the regular season. To add to this, the referees are usually keen to call fewer penalties during the playoff because they don't want to interfere too much with the outcomes of the game. That’s why I think having an advantage is physical attributes like strength and balance will give Hamilton the edge.

63 words

Code:
c. Assemble your ideal fantasy team out of players in this series - F, F, F, D, D, G. Explain your choices.

F: Flacko Lagerfield
F: Tony Pepperoni
F: Robert Phelps
D: Tig Murphy
D: Brady McIntyre
G: Tommy Tuck

My forward choices are based solely on their offensive production during the season and the playoffs. Since my forwards choice were so heavily offensively weighted, I choose the defenseman with the help of the defensive game rating. For the goalie, I looked strickly at their playoffs performance and Tommy Tuck being undefeated up to this point was the best choice.

60 words

Code:
d. Blizzard... snow... ok debate time - do you like snow? yes or no? why or why not?

I love snow, because it is a massive improvement on rain and so much more beautiful to watch. While rain will just go away unless it decides to turn into a river, with snow, you are able to work with your creativity and you can do whatever you want like a snowman or you can build yourself a fort or an igloo. It comes at the small cost of being a bit cold.

73 words

Code:
16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

norway

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Code:

Code:
This reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S53 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in that reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?
In my parallel universe, the switch from STHS to FHM6 went instead to Super Blood hockey, a low key pixelated hockey game released back in 2017. In the essence of fairness and love of the game, all semblance of TPE was muttled down into just a few attributes. Skating, accuracy, power, brawling and robustness. Of course, Super blood hockey also has the ability to watch live sims, so that would keep everyone just as interested as with FHM. Watching the full games were even more thrilling (especially with the increased number of fights). Because most teams would be close to even, in order to determine who won the playoffs I decided to use a good ol’ fashioned random number generator. Round 1, LAP (H) v NO (T) – Tails NO Wins.    EDM (H) v CAL (T) – Heads, EDM Wins  NEW (H) v Man (T) – Tails, Man Wins.  Ham (H) v Buff (T) – Heads, Ham Wins. Round 2 – NO (H) v  EDM (T)  - Tails, EDM Wins Man (H) v HAM (T) -  Heads, Man Wins.  Round 3 – EDM (H) v Man (T) -  Tails, Man wins it!! Now wasn’t that exciting?

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
With new tools at our disposal in FHM, we may eventually see some new awards enter the fold. Create a suggestion for a new SHL award. What kind of achievement is the award given for? Who's the award named after? Who would've won the award this season?
With the new advanced stats, the new award I created is the Emond GIMME THAT award. This award is awarded to the Defensive player with the highest ratio of takeaways to giveaways.  The name GIMME THAT comes from the high number of takeaways the player has. Even though a high number of takeaways is needed for this, giving the puck away detracts from that ratio. We named the award after the SHL player with the highest ratio of takeaways to giveaways (with a  minimum of 35 takeaways). This is the minimum number of give a fair shot of a decent ratio. Collin gibbles had a total of 51 takeaways which was the highest all season, but he also had the puck taken from him 34 times which put him near the bottom ratio wise. This is definitely a defensively minded award as Forwards have a higher tendency to lose the puck in the offensive zone.

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Come up with a program of intermission entertainment for one of the games of the finals. What's the between-period on-ice entertainment the fans will enjoy? The goofier the better, go crazy.

Being down in Tampa bay the weather is always nice. For the new intermission entertainment we will have some pre recorded videos for the fans. A few pre-selected participants will be put into mascot uniforms and will dive off a 10 foot platform and will have to swim a full lap in the swimming pool. This is a take on the age old “to the end and back” game played in the pool as kids. Fans will select which mascot prior to the race to vote on. The other event we will have is the “is it fish?” contest. One randomly selected season ticket holder will be given 3 identical “fish sticks” in front of them. Our participant will take a bite of each “fish stick”. Based on the reaction on camera, the audience will select (based on db volume of course) which fish stick they think is actually fish.  Only kids will be selected for this challenge.

Code:
13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
a. Who is the best player in this CC finals? Plenty of good candidates: Lagerfield, Phelps, Kryyst, McIntry, Pepperoni, Scholz, etc. Who's your choice for best player and why?
b. Based on player ratings, EDM has the advantage in speed and acceleration and HAM has the advantage in balance and strength. Which team's physical skills will give them the edge in this series?
c. Assemble your ideal fantasy team out of players in this series - F, F, F, D, D, G. Explain your choices.
d. Blizzard... snow... ok debate time - do you like snow? yes or no? why or why not?

a.      I’m going to have to go with Mr. Tony Pepperoni. He has already put up 18 points in 12 games and is really focused on getting on the scoreboard each game. He has a total of 56 SOG’s and 23 Hits. Right now, he is laying it all on the line and it looks like he wants to win.
b.    Personally I think that Balance and strength are going to persevere here in the long run. You can be nimble and quick and get around players, but that strength and balance and staying on your feet and getting shots off is going to come through clutch for Ham. I guess we’ll see what happens later in the series and if EDM gets a little tired in the third period from exerting all that energy.
c.      Tony Pepperoni - C EDM. Pepp is absolutely killing it in the playoffs. 18 points total and a +5. 23 Hits. His GR is an 80 and 84 OGR. Best playoff player still around. Blackwood LW EDM. Another big player. 12 points with 8 of them goals so far. Only a +3 but a 22.22 shot percentage. Get this guy the puck. Robert Phelps RW HAM. High plus minus. 9 points total and a +9 Overall. Only a 67 OGR, but man he is a solid player right now. Tig LHD HAM. 85 DGR, 11 hits and 14 shot blocks. Also a killer on the powerplay with 3 points .Finn-Rhys EDM RD. a +8 with only 6 points. Playing well defensively and has a whopping 36 shot blocks. Really frusting for the other teams out there.
d.      I mean, how can you not love snow? Its basically water (for all my hydro homies out there) but just mostly frozen. You can make it from ice by stopping really quickly. We are all hockey players here, we have to like the snow and ice. Most of us have fond memories skating outside in the winter. Winter is always better with snow.

Code:
16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Challenge word  Fishsticks

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2020, 02:36 PM by Fitted2106.)

05-06-2020, 02:42 PMFitted2106 Wrote: Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

in this alternate world tampa bay wins the cup off the back of michael fitted and tom fiddler the dynamic duo each centered a line putting up 100 points each a feat many considered impossible until these two rookies made it happen. A deadline deal to re acquire flacko lagerfield pushed tampa well over the limit in there quest for the s54 cup and into there place in history. This was all possible thanks to the SHLS gm of the year Mcp who had this roster go through an intense off season workout regimen that saw them go from 700 tpe players to 1900 tpe players overnight. Such methods behind mcp's training were talking to tom Brady and getting his players on the Tb 12 regimen, doing circuit workouts and drinking plenty of egg nog. Cant argue with results I always say mcp sure got what he needed out of these boys and dang nabbit he sold his soul to get it.

Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
With everyone getting a free redistribution this offseason, S54 is quite wide open at the moment. Before those redistributions take place, who would you anticipate being the top team(s) for next season?

2# going into next season new England has to be my pick for the best team but in my opinion a big time sleeper in NOLA while nicholas William's may be in regression this team still brings back a very strong core of players not in regression and with there addition of Olivier Cloutier this team boasts a top 6 that puts fear into any opposing defence it might face. With michael fox jimmy slothface William's Olivier Cloutier mika mayfeild and a regressing Lil Manius NOLA is in it to win it now. That's the kind of top 6 that can seriously make up for flaws a team might have all over the ice and with the free stat redistribution coming up this season NOLA with the experience of one FHM season in the books may retool the tpe of these players and possibly mimic what the new Englands and hamiltons of the world did.

Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which player from the Steelhawks or the Blizzard would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?

3. In my humble opinion I believe the legend of flacko lagerfield is not dead and another scoring title could be well in his grasp. Even with regression hitting him he won one this season and if he just regressed his defensive abilitys I see no reason this man cant be a great one trick pony for a couple more seasons racking up.points. you cant teach an old dog new tricks but with flacko you can definatly keep having him do the old ones the man just has a knack for offense. Maybe in 3 seasons hell stop putting the biscuit in the basket but until then hes my safe bet for another couple seas ok nd of elite offensive production.

Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
With new tools at our disposal in FHM, we may eventually see some new awards enter the fold. Create a suggestion for a new SHL award. What kind of achievement is the award given for? Who's the award named after? Who would've won the award this season?

4. With the transistion to FHM new awards should definatly be incosideration, some that I'm thinking of even though I'm not an advanced stat guy maybe some of those numbers can be put into new major awards. Now while advanced stats are stupid to me and I dont agree with them they could help fill the void from some sths stats that we lost. I believe that a team with an overall high player ratings as in there offensive and defensive game rating could potentially lead the coach of that team to win a coach of the year award. This would be a separate award from GM duo of the year as well most teams with the switch seem to have a coach just a though really I like the idea of it making the shl universe a tad deeper. Other awards ehh not to sold but that's at least one I'd like to see if you want to hand out corsi stuff maybe that's doable as well.

7. Written/Graphic, 2 TPE (100 words min. for written option)
Even though the Panthers fell short this season, the LA influence has been felt around the league and execs in Hollywood are paying more attention to the SHL with the hometown team making waves. If your player could have a cameo in any tv show or movie, what show/movie would they choose? (for the purposes of this PT you may choose a show/movie that already exists just uhhh pretend they re-shoot it with your cameo or something idk).

Code:

7. The show michael fittid would star in is easy entourage, with boobs alcohol and good times it's an easy fit for such a stud of a man. I'm sure the cast would welcome me in with open arms and hey the could use a strong alpha for when the scenes call for such students. Obvisouly many of my junior and pro teammates would make guest spots because hey what are friends for am I right? As for my playing career it may have to suffer some as the red carpet is michael fitteds true calling not just a potential star on the ice but in your living room he also takes residence, hopefully this dream gets fulfilled because what's better then an shl star promoting the game every week in americas living rooms.

Trivia confirmation word = fitted 3tpe

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020, 04:05 PM by FreakinAnime.)

The West Kendall Platoon made the playoffs after an awesome regular season. Many of their prospects were called up earlier in this alternate version of events. They played awesome in all of the rounds just destroying everyone and making it to the finals and facing the Edmonton Blizzard. The Platoon had a killer offense and a complete locked down defense that nobody was able to find a counter for. Their goalie luca del vechio was just stopping everything after playing awesome in the regular season. He got two shutouts in a row in the conference finals to make sure that West Kendall would move on. It was just the run that they were looking for. Everything went right and everyone was scoring. The GM JR had his strategies working perfectly and just was out smarting the other teams every game. After sweeping all three series they made it to the finals as favorites to win the cup.

Hamilton will probably still be the top team because they have been better than most of the other teams for season. I don't think that anything will change that. They really are good at every position and have a very good coaching team. They know what decisions they need to make to have a better strategy and game plan then the other teams. They also have been able to find builds that destroyed everyone in the past so I am sure they can do that again. I really doubt that anyone will be able to pass them except for maybe the team they are playing in the finals this year which is Edmonton and are also very strong. Edmonton will probably be the other conference's best team. They showed that they can be very strong to play against on the ice and that they can even play a good game against Hamilton so they clearly are the top of the league. Their skill level is very strong and they have what it takes to lead their conference and be one of the top teams.

There could be an award for the best gm which would be based on who has the best coaching strategies. It probably would be won by the Hamilton staff who really were prepared for this season and have shown a really good strategy mix on the ice. It could be voted on by people from around the league but they would have to not vote for their own team to eliminate bias. The award could be named after Hamilton or whoever came up with the idea to move everyone to the new sim engine. The Hamilton Coaching Award might be a good name for it because it shows what gave it the inspiration to be created. It would be a way to reward gms for putting in a lot of effort and being very creative with how they try to win. It would show how they really went above and beyond what the other teams were doing and how they were special.

Come up with a program of intermission entertainment for one of the games of the finals. What's the between-period on-ice entertainment the fans will enjoy? The goofier the better, go crazy.

At the intermissions they show a bunch of anime clips on the jumbo tron. They decide what to show based on the players favorites that they have found out by asking each of them that has watched any anime and they decide the clips that they pick out that they want to be shown to the fans. They interview the players on why after and why they like it and even have some re-enactments of the best and crazy parts on the ice. It is kind of like the cheesy stuff the the vegas golden knights did before the playoffs. There are costumes and sound effects and people in the stands with props. And the protagonists are related to the home team and of course the villains are the away team. They sell some anime themed hockey merch to go along with this whole anime gathering. It is super fun and different and should be a hit with the fans.

[Image: oie_floaties.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2020, 07:51 PM by Nokazoa.)

Code:

So this reality is the same except God gives a shit about sim leagues and is a Disney movie author at heart. So first thing first, NOLA never cheats against LAP. Not really. See NEW is the one who sets up NOLA to cheat due to their new coach being too green to see throught the crafty tricks. LAP wins despite this and goes on to sweep Calgary, since the red will go well against LAP's nice blue uniforms. Only the final game of the series will go into OT and Simon LeBlanc will get the game winning goal to send them to the finals. Hamilton lost out to NEW who are still big old cheaters. They cheated by teamviewering into JR's computer and changing the oppenents tactics to be all passing no shooting. However one of LAP's tech guys thought all this was suspicious from catching the team viewer icon on stream and is able to stop this for the LAP/NEW series. Now ultimately LAP is gonna win game 7 as the underdogs that came into the new era as champions after a cup drought. Simon LeBlanc will be hailed as the hero of the series after somehow scoring on a takeway as a defensive defenseman.

Code:

So what they do for the intermission in Hamilton is they have an airshow. Now I know what you are thinking, The Stelldome is a dome, the roof doesnt retract. However, they have attached enough hot air balloons to lift the roof, which was retrofitted to be detachable, off the stadium and are able to keep it airborne for at least thirty minutes. So the airshow starts and its all normal until they start to see people jumping out of the planes. WHO COULD IT BE? You guessed it, its Mike Izzy and teh rest of Calgary. Now they don't fall down all slow. That isn't epic. Instead they are loaded up with roman candles and pipes, and, yes, they are shooting at each other. As they land, you know the ones who survive, they start a chicken parm eating contest. Its crazy, and as we get down to the winner of the contest, the roof begins to slowly fall back down. HOWEVER, we attached a bunch of fireworks to the balloons like we are in brazil baby, and them bad boys start going off. So either everyone survives or the stadium is destroyed killing three teams.

Code:
Even though the Panthers fell short this season, the LA influence has been felt around the league and execs in Hollywood are paying more attention to the SHL with the hometown team making waves. If your player could have a cameo in any tv show or movie, what show/movie would they choose? (for the purposes of this PT you may choose a show/movie that already exists just uhhh pretend they re-shoot it with your cameo or something idk).

[Image: goon_620x350.jpg]

Code:
The arenas in Edmonton and Hamilton certainly don't need any gimmicks to get people into the stadium for the series, but the arenas want to make sure they're pulling out all the stops on the big stage. Help the concessions department of one of these two teams develop a new product, with marketing specifically pertaining to this finals series, to be sold at the arena during the finals. Describe the product and the marketing in 150 words or create a promotional poster showing the product, its name, the price, etc.
[Image: Blizfox_plushie.jpg]

Code:

a. Pepperonis is the best player. He is the one guy everyone in the league will argue is the star of our team. He has dominated in the STHS era and he continued his success into the FHM era. He also brings a lot of things off the ice. A lot of intangibles if you will. No only is he a GM, but he is also someone most of the league respects. Not to downplay anyone of HAM. They are all threats, but I never hear people single out individuals on that team as much as Pepperoni has been lately. Im also full of shit

b. i think HAM has the edge in this series. I think all these things that EDM brings are good, but HAM is very much an attacking team. Speed is nice on Offense,, but you had to think that EDM will be on their backfoot more than they want. However, I think EDM can score more with less chances because of their strengths.

c.
f-Ola Wagstrom- Top Forward on a great team. He is also 2k and I think he is a hot commodity.
f- Luke Thomason- Similar to Wagstrom except I like Luke a lot. He too is a top forward on a team that will need him.
f- Jean-Paul Boivin- I am ideally on every stacked team even if I hurt them in the end.
D- Simon Leblanc- I dont know a lot of Defensemen so Im picking Simon because I like him a lot as a person.
D- Brady McIntyre- I definetely butchered that name, and I am sorry. I just know he is a good guy,
G- HAM- I think Ham is pretty good, the goalie has a lot of heat in the final and he doesnt let a lot in.

c. I like snow as an idea but Im from TN and they dont handle snow well. We end up blowing most of our salt pretty fast and then no one has snow tires so its a mess. A big old mess. I like doing stuff in the snow too. My fiancee also loves snow so there is that.

Code:
Verification: Edmbbhahah
Done

3+3+3+4+2+3
I went over

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020, 09:31 PM by BadWolf.)

Code:
There is a reality without controversy. One in which the New Orleans Specters make it to the playoffs. One where they even make it out of the first round and into the playoffs. Imagine having your top pairing d man. That means NOLA would defeat the Los Angeles Panthers. I would even wager that they could do it in 5! Of course in this reality Mika Mayfield is a playoff star, a champion even. She would play lights out every game. Hat tricks are not rare for this playoff superstar. Getting first star of the game is also no surprise tho this 1600 TPE winger. She would lead the specters to victory time and time again and go on to be the most valuable player of not only her team but of the whole playoff run. What a nice cherry on top of the cup cake... get it... CUP cake... haha bad jokes

Code:
Mika Mayfield would have a cameo in the CW show charmed. Of course it will be in season 3 once they start filming that soon. She will probably be a demon that gets vanquished. Mika is a huge fan of the original show, and gives the reboot credit. It is pretty good. It will be more then just a cameo thu. Mika Mayfield will be a star. It all starts with one small role. Then she will pick up some commercials, release an album, then a show. Once she films her first season she will quit hockey to do a movie while filming season two.

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE
With the shift to a new era of SHL, HO has decided to redesign the championship trophy. Create a graphic of a new trophy to be handed to the winners of the S53 title.
[Image: cwtrophy.png]

Code:
a. Mika Mayfields choice for best player is Tony Pepperoni. Obviously it is because he has the most TPE,which means he is the hardest worker. Therefore, he deserves this. Also every offseason you see his name, clearly he is doing something right and is a good player if I know his name right?
b. Everyone knows speed and acceleration is the way to go. Speedy forwards have advantages getting the puck, out skating opponents and typically have a killer wrist shot. Speedy defenseman have the ability to pinch up in the zone and if things go wrong, they can get back very quickly. This is why EDM has the superior team.
c. Staring at Left winger we have Flacko Lagerfield. For center is Tony Pepperoni and rounding out the line on right wing is Julio Tokolosh. On defense I choose, of course, Brady McIntyre and Tig Murphy. And for Goalie I pick Edmonton because it is Edmonton. I pick this team due to their skill and leadership potential.
d. One can not know if she really enjoys the snow when she has only seen it twice. I would like to say yes, however, I can not be sure. It is soft, but it is also cold which is not fun. I do want to have a snow ball fight one day. It is on my bucket list.
3 TPE

16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max
verification word - potatoes

Total CW TPE eligible 15/16

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

PBE PT - 3 TPE

Trivia - verification word: sloth - 3 TPE

First off, obviously the thing that would have gone differently would have been that the New Orleans Specters would have won their first series, therefore pushing the entire league into a frenzy as they collectively get their panties in a bunch and lose their minds over a team with wrong lines winning a series - and later the title. Obviously the title would have a massive asterisk! I mean can you even imagine? That is a ridiculous scene and I would love every second of that drama. I mean, even I would have to admit the asterisk and how silly it would be, but I just can't help it, it would be delicious to see people freak out over it. Specters would obviously win every series 4-3, just to rub salt into the wound. I would have just loved to see the reaction people would have had if we ended up destroying the league this way and ended up winning a title after everything that happened this season.

As with everything, obviously the New Orleans Specters take a step forward next season and end up as one of the top teams in the league. I think we actually were really underperforming this year from what I heard, I think TPE wise we are probably a better team and our top two lines are pretty amazing. I am obviously on the third line, but I am slowly gaining some TPE and with the re-work maybe I can actually make my silly player perform a bit better as well and in the end maybe I can contribute a little more in my second season than my first and that will help push the New Orleans Specters into that upper tier of teams where we will be able to dominate the league. I think with my help and the help of amazing people on this team we are bound to take a really cool step upwards and end up as one of the premiere teams in the league next season.

This is a really good question but I think that my player would make for a really cool cameo in the TV show the Good Place. I would have made some kind of funny cameo as myself, as someone who ended up in hell because I am too handsome or too good at hockey or something and then I get to hang out with Kristen Bell and let's be real here, I would be very happy if I got to hang out with Kristen Bell. I wonder if I could make a joke in the show somehow and maybe I would be some funny inside joke.

3. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

On the Edmonton Blizzard, I noticed a young Left Winger by the name of Jean-Paul Boivin who I think will end up being a Most Valuable Player candidate one day. I know Jean-Paul well, it is obviously my buddy @Nokazoa who I know well and I know he is a monster earner and will do everything he can to do well and will perform well down the road. He is a season older than my player and yet he already has over 230 TPE more than me, which I am guessing means he is earning at a better rate than me, so he clearly is doing pretty well!

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2020, 10:12 PM by bk1689.)

[/align]

Code:

I'm biased, but I believe that Calgary has to be a consideration for top team in the league next season. We have such a high number of earners that I think it would be stupid to bet against us. This season was a bit of a learning curve, but I think Esa will be able to work his dark magic like he did in STHS and bring us back to glory. Our forwards are all big earners, we have some of the top D, including myself, and Kata minding the net is a top goalie. You would be a fool to count us out as I think both our GM's finally have a grasp on what works and what doesn't in FHM so the whole league needs to watch out for our team. I think next season we have a very good chance of going all the way with everything that we have learned in this past season.

Code:
Thanks to @kenvald for this suggestion; kenvald may claim 1 uncapped TPE by linking to this post.

I think this season will be one of the bigger teams taking home the gold, Canada or the States. It pains me to say that, but just the way it is with not many GM's knowing much about tactics and such I think it will come down to who has the strongest tam overall. As far as how my team will fare, I expect this season to be a bit of a learning curve for team Austria as I take them over in my first season as GM. Ideally this will be a big stepping stone for us and we will be able to learn from everything in this tournament to come back next season with a vengeance and prove to the whol,e world how much damage a small nation can do. I figure Austria will finish middle of the pack with my head, but my heart has us right in the mix for the gold medal.

Code:

Brennan Kennedy Jr is pushing his way to join onto Survivor. It's not a cameo persay, but they have a history of bringing on former athletes, so why not bring on an athlete in the peak of his career. Yes it may hurt his performance on the ice going 39 days living in those harsh conditions, but I think it would be a great experience and I would have a legitimate chance of winning and becoming the sole survivor. I'd be a beast in all the physical challenges, hand off the puzzles to someone else, and I would have such a strong social game that everyone would have a hard time not bringing me to the end.

Code:

[b]I think this is a pretty clear choice, Flacko Lagerfield from the Steelhawks is without a doubt the number 1 player. Look at his stats in the regular season. The playoffs he has held back a bit, but he proved what a great player he is and that he is a legitimate threat anytime he is on the ice.[/b]

[b]I have a love hate relationship with snow. I love that it typically means that it's winter time and that means hockey is going to be on TV and that I can play it. I hate it because it is a bunch of work to move from the driveay and is a pain in the ass to drive in.[/b]

Code:
SUBMIT TRIVIA ANSWERS HERE

DONE Word = bk1689

Additional Information:

This PT is for SHL players and send-downs only; it is not for SMJHL rookies or SMJHL prospects.

One (1) welfare claim from either PBE or the NSFL will be accepted for 3 TPE! *if you’re claiming welfare and have a different username on the affiliates site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

Welfare Claim

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

Code:
In an alternate reality where FHM makes a little more sense (not as bad as STHS though), Hamilton doesn't sweep the Stampede, they actually give the Steelhawks a little bit of a fight, and they take it to a 6 games series. Also, the Calgary Dragons and the Edmonton Blizzard don't go all the way to game 7. I feel like the Blizzard really should have won that more easily, so in here, they win the series in 5 games. The other difference is that the New England and Hamilton's series go on for longer. They go all the way to a game 7, since both teams were really strong in the regular season. Finally, the last change is that Los Angeles wins all 4 of the overtimes, instead of Edmonton winning them. LAP was just the superior team, and they really should have won those games. LAP ends up winning the Challenge Cup in 7 games.
(157 words)

Code:

I think we'll see pretty much the same teams performing well. New England brought a little improvement in front of the net, and they still have their core players. We can expect New England to be first or second in the East. Hamilton will also be another team that will do well. They have one of the best goalies in the league, and their main core of players is holding strong. Buffalo is a team that I believe will do better, with the recent acquisition of Matt Kholin. He will be an important part of their offense, and it could very well be Buffalo's year next year. In the West, things probably will also look similar. Edmonton will lose Tuck due to retirement, but they have Spector, so they should be fine. LAP is getting a little old, but could still dominate the West, same thing for Calgary and New Orleans. In short, things will probably look the same for the most part.
(163 words)

Code:
Which player from the Steelhawks or the Blizzard would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?

I think Jean-Paul Boivin will win the League MVP award in the near future. Jean-Paul has everything that you would want in a player. He can get on the scoresheet pretty often, he has a big presence on the ice physically, and he also has a big presence in the locker room. He's a player that all the teams will try to get in the future. Right now, with his mere 19 points, he might not look like a MVP worthy player. But this is only his second season in the big league. Trust me, he will definitely be a top player in the near future.

(106 words)

Code:

a. Phelps is surely the best player here. He might be a little old, but he's a grizzled veteran who can still score very well and show his presence on the ice. He's a role model to everyone on Hamilton for a reason, and he could be the one that makes the difference that could lead to Hamilton winning. (58 words)
b. Hamilton for sure. Yes Edmonton might be quick, but if Hamilton can knock them off balance easily, they won't get anywhere. Also, if they can't knock down the Steelhawks' offense, they won't be able to stop them. Speed might be ok, but balance and strength is superior in this case and will give the upper hand to Hamilton. (58 words)
c. As my first forward, I choose Jean-Paul Boivin. Can't pass on the opportunity of having a future MVP player.
As my second forward, I choose Phelps. One of the bests here, can't really argue with that.
As my last forward, I choose Lagerfield, he seems to me like a solid guy offensively.
On defense, I would take Gabriel Johnson, just because he's kinda decent, and Brady McIntyre, because he's one of the best defenseman. The best goalie available here in my opinion is Geezus Kryyst.
d. I'm fine with snow, until there's a big amount of it. I think snow is pretty when it's small, I actually like walking while it's snowing. But when you get 5 feet of it and you have to shovel it in the cold and in the wind, it gets very frustrating very quickly. (53 words)

16. jpb

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-09-2020, 09:58 AM by The__Y-man__100.)

Code:

In an alternate universe, the wolfpack were the ones victorious and the Hamilton steelhawks were the ones going home AGAIN year after year losing hope every season. In this universe as well the Hamilton steel hawks finished dead last because the wolfpack are bitter about always losing to them when it matters the most. It's hard to say what went wrong with the wolpack as they averaged fan fucking tastic numbers this season with regards to team depth and goal tending. Hamilton had hada great team too, don't get me wrong, the better team won. Boris picked up his game ridiculously for this team tripling his point output this year. Why if they were in the west I am confident we would have slapped the blizzard to make the finals. So maybe the wolfpack relocated in this universe to the western conference so that finals dreams from many seasons ago were attainable once again.

Code:

I honestly anticipated the New England Wolf Pack to be the best team in the league. we had the highest TPE count in the league, a team full of prime players to where our 3rd line center was a 1000 TPE player, a goalie who had God guiding him in every game (a little shocked we traded him tbh but I'm not the gm so..) and just a great coach with Ace/Hotdog. I still don't know how a roster so stacked (even with the league MVP on our side) could get slapped like we did. Again, the better team won and I want to see Hamilton win it all now, but I thought they'd slip a bit at the start of the season to be honest. I guess I was wrong though and I really do hope next year I am right, I am not sure how much more disappointment I can take

Code:

Robert Phelps is the ageless wonder and I think for that fact alone he deserves an award. Year after year he is on top of the league stats, and so is hamilton. I feel he is what fuels the offence, 62 points (25 goals and 37 assists) is jaw dropping numbers in a 50 game season. Not to mention he is averaging a point per game this playoff run so far. If Hamilton is able to finish strong, I say he wins Playoff MVP as no one on hamilton comes close to Robert. Hard to believe he is a S35 player and is STILL so strong. I know I was not even sure if he remembers how to skate at this point. He's got to be on some kind of drug because just when you think he can not get any better, he does. Hamilton should be very thankful he plays for them because the rest of the league hates him for that same fact

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Just like everything else in S53, IIHF is going to be an exciting mystery for us all! We've seen the introduction of a new format (all 14 teams in one group) and it's bound to be a very exciting tournament. What are your predictions for IIHF this season? What team or teams do you think have the best shot at taking home the gold? How do you think your team will fare?

I am both excited and a little nervous for Latvia's run in the IIHF tournament this season. While falling short of the medal rounds by one point last season, I want to make us better heading into the mystery of FHM. We have a mid tier roster (unfortunately we are not stacked like Canada where we could scratch 800 TPE players) so we do have a chance. our defense is top four heavy, so that does worry me a little bit as the pressure will really fall on the top two pairings, but it is my goal to build more defensive depth going forward. As for the forwards, while we lack center depth, the addition of Mats marner will make our center group more stable as he continues to develop. Last but not least new goaltender addition of Mike from the wolfpack brings me a lot of hop as he ha been showing signs of greatness. I predict that we will make the medal rounds, after that anything can happen.

Code:

My cameo would be in the office and I would be a potential investor that wants to buy the company. Having Michel use his "persuasive tactics" he would attempt to make me fall in love with both him and the com[any as he knows he would have unbelievable job security with myself. He would make points about how paper industry is going no where and how I am essentially buying him because he makes all the money at the paper company. in the end I decide Micheal is a lunatic and i back out of the deal after an intense karate fight with Dwight

16. Trivia verification: Yeet (3 TPE)

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020, 05:31 PM by JSS331.)

PBE Cross post 3/16 TPE
16. Trivia - post word - Gritty 6/16
6.  They were looking for a new and fun intermission entertainment during the finals games.  As you may know, most of the time, you get two Zamboni's on the ice and maybe some blimps flying around dropping off coupons or something.  This year we decided to go with something a little more exciting.  Thanks to the title sponsor, Moulson Ice, we are going to host a beer olympics that will take place throughout the finals during each intermission.  We will have the classic games of beer pong, flip cup, and quarters, but also chugging contests with Das Boot prominently featured.  Representative fans from each team will get the chance to compete for season tickets for next year for their team of choice.  This should get the crowd into it much more than watching some little kids play terrible hockey on the ice before the Zams come out.  No need to see that, we want to see competitive drinking.  
Code:
157 Words 9/16 TPE

5. Now that Guy O'Shea has been called up to play for Ireland, there is no doubt that we will be bringing home the win this year. Ireland is not normally known as a powerhouse but even with the change over to FHM, we are still going to have a very strong squad. There are some other teams like the USA and Canada that have strong squads as well so this will not be an easy road to go but with focus and grit, we can win this thing. It will be a fun event to watch as I am finally able to participate, even if it is only as a third pair defenseman. I expect that experience will provide a good foundation for future years as well. I look forward to the start of the tournament after winning the Four Star cup this year, I want to add more trophies to the cabinet. Let's go.
Code:
155 words 12/16 TPE

4. Now that we have new tools available to us, we really need to add the award for the grittiest player in the league, obviously named after the legendary Gritty mascot. The winner will have to rub his belly which is an act known by many to bring you as close to God as you can be on this earth. The player who wins will be the one who is willing to go into the dirty areas in front of the net, bang with the best defenseman in the league and come away with the goal tender crying after they slot one over his shoulder. I would hope we could determine how many goals were scored from the slot plus how many hits and blocked shots. They would all contribute to a players gritty factor. Being covered in orange fur is optional but encouraged for winning. This will become the most sought after award after the MVP trophy. I can't wait to see who wins it.
Code:
165 Words 15/16 TPE

13. a . The best player is clearly Tony Pepperoni. The guy is a beast with the most TPE and has dominated the league for a while. It will be incredibly tough to stop him in these playoffs and there is a good chance he's holding the MVP trophy again this season. If only his team could get some more talent around him to give him a shot to win the cup every year.

Code:
71 words 16/16 TPE

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

Task 1 – 3 TPE – 3 Total – In the much better reality than the one we’re currently residing in, the New Orleans Specters, riding the league’s best goaltender in Aleister Cain, would have made their way to the Challenge Cup finals to take on the New England Wolfpack. In this world, there wouldn’t have been any drama along the way to the Finals. New Orleans wouldn’t have submitted illegal lines for a couple of games that sent the SHL into a tizzy, nor would Charlie Serpe have been suspended for stealing 30 TPE. On the New England side of things, Ace would’ve never moved his franchise goaltender to Tampa Bay after blaming the franchise’s failures squarely on the goaltender that got them there. In this reality, New Orleans would’ve defeated New England in Game 7 to capture the franchise’s first championship in what would amount to be the best series in SHL history, and the SHL would have nothing to bitch or troll about. (157)

Task 2 – 3 TPE – 6 Total – Even before the SHL allows some complete redistribution of TPE for some players heading into S54 (which was a good call by the corrupt HO), you’re most likely going to see a lot of familiar faces be the top teams in the league. The Eastern Conference is going to be a three team shootout between the New England Wolfpack, Hamilton Steelhawks, and Buffalo Stampede. New England and Hamilton already were on the right track this season, and while Buffalo wasn’t far behind, they’ll be able to couple the redistribution along with the addition of Matt Kholin from Tampa Bay to jump right into that mix. In the West, look for the top three over there to be the usual suspects as well: The Edmonton Blizzard, Calgary Dragons, and New Orleans Specters all of the TPE and the goaltending to have them stand about the rest of the conference. This is less of a slam dunk than the East however, as Los Angeles or San Francisco could enter that realm and nobody would be surprised. (174)

Task 5 – 3 TPE – 9 Total – The IIHF is going to mirror real life more than ever this season. The truth is, there are a lot of “not great” countries that may have performed shockingly well in STHS in the past. The move to FHM is going to shut that shit right down, and you’re going to see the power nations with more TPE battle for the gold every season. That means you’re going to see the United States, Canada, and that tampering powerhouse from Czechia actually do something this year. Gone will be the magic runs by some lesser nations like a Switzerland until they gain more TPE. As for my team this season? The USA is fantastic, as most players smartly want to play for the best nation in the world. We have a stud goaltender, and some of the SHL’s best skaters on the squad. There’s a very good chance that the Gold Medal runs through the USA, and that it will for many seasons to come. (164)

Task 16 – 3 TPE – 12 Total: Trivia Verification Word: JoeK

Task 13 – 4 TPE – 16 Total:

The best player in this series is Tony Pepperoni. He has the most TPE, which is notable, but he’s also been sort of carrying his team to the Challenge Cup finals. He has less help than all of the players on Hamilton, who work together like a well oiled machine. He may not be on the better team, but Pepperoni is the best player. (64)

If anyone has been paying attention all season, Hamilton’s blend of balance and strength was the way to go for FHM. They realized it before most of the league, and that’s why they’ve had such a great season. They worked hard for this advantage though. Edmonton is fast, sure, but the Steelhawks have the right combination to win the cup. (60)

F – Tony Pepperoni – he’s an absolute stud all over the place.
F – Aaron Wilson – nobody works harder in the league for success.
F – Robert Phelps – because you need the handsome veteran presence.
D – Brady McIntyre – The best defenseman in the series, McIntyre has a real chance to win an award or two this season.
D – Tig Murphy – Just a monster on the ice, and he’s just a click behind McIntyre in terms of talent. It’s actually really close.
G – Geezus Kryyst – easily the most talented goaltender on either team, he’s a monster in his prime. (95)

I live in Buffalo, so snow has just been a part of my life since birth. I mean right now, as I type this, on May 9th, it’s snowing here. So I don’t “hate” snow. It just exists to me. It’s a damn near year-round occurrence for us here it seems. It’s pretty fun to go snowmobiling, and I was at the Bills – Colts blizzard game a few seasons ago. It’s not bad. It doesn’t bother me. (77)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

In this alternate reality, the world was stunned and shocked by a virus. The world came to a complete halt. Nonessential businesses were forced to close, social distancing was enforced, everyone was locked up in their homes in hopes to effectively slow the spread of the said virus. You would think this situation was right out of some thriller horror movie. Unfortunately, the SHL and other sporting leagues were not considered essential and they had to pause the season. This pause in the season complicated a lot of things and made it impossible for them to establish a way to start the season back up. Players currently not on contending teams didn't want to part ways with their families for meaningless games. In the end they made the only logical choice and that was to hand the cup out to a team. The San Francisco Pride. Why you might ask? Because they are a sexy bunch.

5. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Just like everything else in S53, IIHF is going to be an exciting mystery for us all! We've seen the introduction of a new format (all 14 teams in one group) and it's bound to be a very exciting tournament. What are your predictions for IIHF this season? What team or teams do you think have the best shot at taking home the gold? How do you think your team will fare?

Why is this even a question? Do people really think any other team has a chance at beating the almighty Team Canada? Seriously? How much crack is everyone doing? This team is STACKED it's not even fair. We aren't even going to practice together. This tournament is basically a vacation for us players, that's how easy it's going to be. I honestly feel bad for all the other players. They are wasting their time and energy just to lose. I'm just being real, they might as well save that energy to practice their individual games. I'm thinking about handicapping myself personally because I feel so guilty. Maybe I'll play with a lefty stick? Or maybe I'll just straight up use the handle as the blade. The only issue with doing this is when we win still I'll look like I was being cocky the entire time which isn't a good look.

Ok, hear me out. You've obviously heard of Joe Exotic and the documentary Tiger King. If you haven't... I don't know man maybe be a bum like the rest of us and live off Netflix. Anyways, the idea is simple. We create our own little mini zoo during the intermissions. Now there is probably a few things running through your mind right now. 1. Isn't he in jail? 2. Aren't these animals mistreated at zoos? Why would I support that at my beloved hockey games? (You only had this thought if you have morals). Anyways let me clear these up. 1. We break him out. I've watched Prison Break so that won't be a problem. 2. We aren't going to have these tigers and shit in our zoo. Instead, we will have all the staff members from the G.W Zoo in cages and for show. All these fuckers are crazy in their own way and are the real animals in that whole fiasco of a situation. It'll be great.

I've recently started watching Money Heist and it has become one of my favourite shows of all-time. I have fallen in love with Tokio if I'm being honest. The show is actually shot in Spanish but it got really popular I guess so they dubbed English audio over it. I propose they remake the show with all English actors/actresses and I get to be in it. I think the character I want to play is Rio for one simple reason. He is dating Tokio and I have to imagine the actress they find to play her is going to be a smoke show so I'm into it. (btw I don't actually want them to remake the show that would be stupid)

My pick for this is going to be Emiko Spector of the Edmonton Blizzards winning the John McBride Trophy. Tommy Tuck is set to retire after this season leaving the starting position open for Spector to take assuming they don't go out and acquire someone else to take that spot. . The Blizzards are a good team so she will benefit from that. If she continues to add TPE we could see a dominant run by Spector in the future. She should be given a very lucrative opportunity so it will be interesting to see if she is able to capitalize off it.

Sent.

Falcons Canada
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020, 11:23 AM by MrStennett.)

NSFL PT Affiliation (3/16)

Code:

I'm honestly not sure much changes between this season and last season. The top teams in the league certainly seem to be separated from the lower tier teams by a decent margin, and one draft, or the meager pickings that tend to happen during SHL free agency, probably won't be enough to vault one of those bottom dwellers into contention. The top three teams in the east, New England, Hamilton, and Buffalo, should be able to continue holding the reins in that division while the top three teams in the west, Los Angeles, Edmonton, and Calgary, should continue being the dominant division members as well. If there are any changes to the standings next season, I would wager that it would be with those third teams. There are a few teams in both divisions that could sneak into the top three with a few key additions. In the east, those teams would be Manhattan and certainly Chicago (based on the TBB trade that happened just before I wrote this) and in the west, possibly New Orleans or San Francisco could make a play to move up. 186 words (6/16)

Code:

Julio Tokolosh, the hardest working cow in hockey, would be my pick for a Blizzard player to win an award in the future, and soon. The award that I can see him winning is the Jeff Dar Trophy, and probably more than one. Just look at the season he had. Not only did he end up with 42 points, putting him up there with some of the league's best scoring forwards, but he also had 52 hits and 33 takeaways. He was certainly dangerous on both ends of the ice. If that's not impressive enough, he did all that while accruing only four penalty minutes and seven giveaways. Boy, can that cow hockey! 118 words (8/16)

Code:

In the future, I can imagine that their will be an award for the highest season game rating, since that is a fun little metric that Franchise Hockey Manager includes in their stats database. As for who it would be named for, why not name it for the man that would have won it this season, the Spectors own Lil' Manius. He led the league in game rating with a whopping 83 out of 100 over the course of the season. He accomplished this feat by being money at both ends of the ice. He contributed in numerous facets for New Orleans this year, including scoring 52 total points, throwing 119 hits, blocking 51 shots, and playing big minutes on both the powerplay and the penalty kill. He was the swiss army knife that the Spectors rolled out when they needed a momentum boost, and obviously, their confidence in him paid off. Let's get started on rolling out the Lil' Manius Game Rating Award today awards guys! 167 words (11/16)

Code:
a. Who is the best player in this CC finals? Plenty of good candidates: Lagerfield, Phelps, Kryyst, McIntrye, Pepperoni, Scholz, etc. Who's your choice for best player and why?

a. For my money, the best player in this series is my homie Tony Pepperoni. He's a big time leader for the Blizzard, as well as one of the most naturally talented forwards in the entire league. He does it all at both ends of the ice for Edmonton, as shown by his 76 game rating. That puts him at tied for eighth in the league among all players. Not too shabby. 71 words (12/16)

b. Being from the northeast United States (Pennsylvania) I have two different, and opposing, viewpoints on snow. It's incredibly beautiful and can make an already scenic landscape breathtaking. On the other hand, it's cold as hell and can make driving an absolute pain in the ass. To summarize, I like a little bit of snow just to make things picturesque, but not enough to impede my ability travel. Blizzard hockey team good. Blizzards snow storm bad. 75 words (13/16)

Code:

Verification Word: TriviaTime (16/16)

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars

(This post was last modified: 05-09-2020, 10:03 PM by LordBirdman.)

Code:

In this reality, the exact opposite of the first round happened and there was an upset in every matchup. New Orleans comes off with strong momentum after beating the Los Angeles Panthers to go up 2 games to 1 and ultimately defeat LAP 4-2. Calgary has a close series with Edmonton which ends up with a 4-3 OT victory win in Game 7. Manhattan surprises the world and comes back down 3 games against New England, also winning in 7 games. The Stampede win a series of close games over the Steelhawks and move on in 6. From there, Manhattan recaptures some of their last season’s magic in the postseason and make it to the finals in a 5 game shellacking of Buffalo. Calgary beats New Orleans in a series where every game is close over 6 games. In the Challenge Cup Finals, Calgary proves too strong for Manhattan to be able to repeat and the Dragons win the Challenge Cup.

Code:

Next season, the top teams will continue to mostly be the same teams. Teams that did well this year did well because they had a combination of high TPE players, good FHM builds, and good FHM tactics. After only one season and only one/two of those to meaningfully change, that the best teams will continue to be the best teams. One season is enough time to get an idea of what builds can be successful, but I think it’s going to take a few more seasons at least before people have an idea of optimized player builds at various TPE levels. Coaching staffs and management teams had a season to test and optimize strategies, but similarly one season is probably not enough time for every team to figure out optimal tactics. Teams will move up or down a couple spots in both direction from the final standings, but by and large the best teams will remain the best and the worst teams will remain the worst.

Code:

The between-period on-ice entertainment for Game 5 at Hamilton will include a reduced time performance of Disney On-Ice! Fans will get the joy of watching Star Wars Rogue One in an abridged format between Period’s 1 and 2. Come watch Darth Vader effortlessly carve through opposing rebel troops while he searches for the stolen plans to Death Star. That is the only part of the movie that is shown and Disney has rated this on-ice dancing performance as “X”, only suitable for adults and children whose parents are too downtrodden to care what they do. In the next intermission, we’ll have four families on the ice duking it out in a competition with the prize being passes to visit the Steelhawks’s locker room after the game. The competition consists of putting every family in the center ice circle at the face off dot. The families will try to push each other out of the circle, with the last family winning the passes. They are equipped with a hockey stick.

Code:

The City of Edmonton is prepared to drink copious amounts of booze to drown their sorrows if games aren’t going their way and especially so if the series isn’t going their way. Stadium management has come up with a few drinks depending on how well the game is going for the Blizzard. If the team is doing is doing well, concessions will be offering a team official beer helmet with straw. These helmets are old school Jofa replicas with Blizzard colors and logo as well as two can holsters on the side for beer and a convenient straw apparatus going down the side. It’s sold for $79.99. If the team isn’t doing well, concessions will be offering an Official Blizzard “White Out” – a White Russian in a 32 oz cup with two scoops of vanilla ice cream blended into the drink. It’s sold for $12.99 or $18.99 if the collectible cup with star Blizzard players on it.

Code:
1 TPE (50+ words)
13. d. Blizzard... snow... ok debate time - do you like snow? yes or no? why or why not?

Snow is great because it makes being inside during winter much more cozy, the surrounding landscape much more beautiful, and allows for fun winter sports. First, it is great when it snows outside and you are warm inside by a fire, looking out the window as the snow blankets the trees drinking a warm drink. Going on walks through the freshly fallen snow is also a great time, the whole world looks different and nice. Snow also is great for sports like cross country skiing, downhill skiing, sledding (ok not a sport), snowmobiling, and building snowmen.

Code:

birdman

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride