Create Account

Getting to Know Jan Cross The Water Cooler

<div align="center">[Image: 20041029-marco_sturm.jpg]</div>
<div align="center"> Name: Jan Cross</div><div align="center"> Position: Defenseman </div><div align="center">Height: 6 feet 2 inches</div><div align="center">Weight: 210 pounds</div> <div align="center"> Brithplace: Berlin, Germany </div>

Hello again everyone, and welcome to another episode of "The Water Cooler", the six time Emmy award winner for "Best Sports Radio Show". I am your host, Steve McCord. Now as you know, we bring you some of the most hard hitting interviews and sports discussion that you are going to find anywhere in the country. Today we have a relatively unknown guest from across the Atlantic. His name is Jan Cross and he is from the great city of Berlin, Germany. Just today, Jan made the unexpected announcement that he would be entering the NWJHL draft. The decision has been questioned by some, as Jan is relatively unknown even in the hockey world. Tonight we will ask him about his questionable decision and the reasoning behind it. Please welcome to the show, Jan Cross!

Steve McCord: Jan, welcome to the show. Glad to have you.

Jan Cross: Thank you, glad to be on the show.

Steve McCord: Now lets get right into it. You decided to enter the NWJHL draft extremely late, even after the all the rookie games were completed, not allowing any scouts or GM's to see what kind talent you posses. Why would you choose to enter the draft at such a late time, risking not even being drafted at all?

Jan Cross: It was a very tough decision. I went back and forth between whether to enter now, or wait an extra year. I realize that missing the rookie tournament could be detrimental to my draft status, but I have been working out for teams individually, and I hope that it helps my status. At the end of the day, I could not pass up the chance to play professional hockey in the NWJHL.

Steve McCord: Individual workouts you say? Care to name any specific teams? What do these workouts entail?

Jan Cross: I have met with a few different teams, but I do not want to mention any specifically. Basically these workouts are up to the team I visit. Some teams just had me run drills, others have held scrimmages, and others have been a mixture of both.

Steve McCord: Since you did not have a chance to prove yourself on the ice? Is there anything you would like to say to your prospective teams?

Jan Cross: Actually, there is. I just wanted all the GM's and staff in the front offices to know that I am going to work extremely hard. Obviously, I know missing the rookie tournament is not going to help my cause, but I will do everything in my power to make sure that I do nothing but get better every single day. I know my strengths and weaknesses and what I need to work on. However, I think that I can bring alot to a team off the ice as well. I will continue to do whatever it takes to make a team and become the best player I can be.

Steve McCord: Do you think you will be drafted?

Jan Cross: I honestly have no idea. The only thing I can really do is give it my all over the next few days and prove that I have the talent to be drafted.

Steve McCord: Okay last question. Why do you think you deserve to be drafted over players who have been working out for the NWJHL for several months now?

Jan Cross: I realize I put myself in a bad situation by only declaring for the draft today, forcing me to miss all of the rookie games and training camp. It was a huge mistake on my part. I also know that the other draft prospects have been hard at work all off-season long, while I have not been. However, it only takes one pick by one team to take a chance on me. I really do think I have the talents to be a very successful player in this league. If I did not think I was one of the best players out there, I would not have entered the draft. Its that confidence that motivates me to keep getting better, because I know everyone else is in the gym or on the ice all hours of the day. So, I have to work even harder to make sure my game is ahead of theirs.

Steve McCord: Jan, thank you for doing this interview. I appreciate it and hope that we allowed you to tell your part of the story. We hope to hear from you soon. Good luck in the upcoming draft

Jan Cross: Thank you Steve. I really appreciate it. Hopefully everything goes well tomorrow.

Steve McCord: Jan Cross ladies and gentlemen. He makes an interesting case for himself, that's for sure. How will the GM's respond to this late addition? How much will missing the rookie tournament hurt this kid's draft chances? Will he even be drafted at all? Only time will tell, I guess. I'm Steve McCord for the "Water Cooler" signing off for tonight. Thank you all for listening, we will be back next time with the NWJHL draft results.

Words: 865
Pictures: 1

Good work man. I knew you would learn quick lol

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

:lol: Took me a while to get back on track

You got this man. Good luck tonight Smile

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3