Create Account

S54 Colorado Raptors Interested Prospects Thread
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2020, 12:00 PM by Wearingabear.)

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any
other simulated sports league? Experience is not required, but we like
to know!

None, this is my first season in my first league.

2) Would you be interested in receiving further communication from a
member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your Discord name?
One of us will reach out to you shortly!

Of course, discord name is wearingabear

3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew
of people ready to help you get the most from your first few seasons on
the site.

I'm looking to build a gritty offensive minded two way D. Somebody in the likes of Pronger or Burns.

4) What exactly are your goals in the SHL? How are you liking the site so far?

My goal is to have fun, learn more about the SHL, and win championships. The site is great, it's a little overwhelming, but I'm starting to get the hang of it.

5) Give us your best pun

Shut the puck up.

6) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP
threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about
yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other
sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer
my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and
inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know
if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important
question!

Chef here, cooking and the overall pleasures from food are a huge thing for me. Playing guitar and watching hockey are two of my main hobbies.
i never played hockey growing up, so this is the closest I'll probably ever get to it. I'm not avid gamer, but a casual one. Not into COD, Fortnight, etc. I don't have the time or patience to get good at those games, so I let the 12 year olds have their day.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? Experience is not required, but we like to know!
I'm completely new to this thing! I've never done anything like it but I'm loving it so far!

2) Would you be interested in receiving further communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your Discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly! 
Of course! If any more questions I can answer to help you out I'd be more than willing. Discord user is FroYoGeddon

3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of people ready to help you get the most from your first few seasons on the site.
Right now my player is a Center/Sniper. I'm not sure where I'd like to go with my player just yet as I'm still learning but any help would be appreciated!

I am really enjoying the site so far. I'd love to continue this for awhile, this isn't just a try it out and give up. I'm finding myself getting more and more into this as the days go on. 

5) Give us your best pun
I don't really have a pun but I have a good dad joke!
What concert costs just 45 cents? 50 Cent featuring Nikelback!!! bu da da dum!!! Thank you thank you, I'll be here all week!

6) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question!

I don't want to just answer your "lame" questions lol but I love video games. Its always been a hobby of mine since I was really young. My favorites are Jax and Daxter trilogy, all of the Kingdom Hearts games, of course Zelda, and I don't mind playing Call of Duty here and there lets be honest. Another interesting fact I guess you could say about me is that I'm a twin so I have that goin for me.

[Image: lOtAKmL.png]
[Image: DrbPYHV.png][Image: UDyqktK.png]

[quote pid='2826775' dateline='1589036655']

Code:
[b]1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? Experience is not required, but we like to know?

I played in a soccer league, but it was not near how fun this is so far! 

[b]2) Would you be interested in receiving further communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your Discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly![/b]

I am interested, TheSparkyDee#2422

[b]3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of people ready to help you get the most from your first few seasons on the site.[/b]

A power Foward, but I want to get a lot better at defense to help my team. I am open to any critics I need to have for my player!

[b]4) What exactly are your goals in the SHL? How are you liking the site so far?[/b]

I love this site so far, I am learning so much each day. I want to be the best player in the SHL, I want to win many championships for my team!!! 

[b]5) Give us your best pun[/b]

I was wondering why the ball was getting bigger.... then it hit me! 

[b]6) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question![/b]

Well sports is my life man! I love them all! I have a podcast that comes out every Saturday with yep of my buddies, one of them is actually in the SHL, he got me in it. I love my wife and kids, I love playing video games! I would love to part of a fun and energetic locker room, a team that isn’t not all serious, but a team that is fun and wants to win. 

As always any of you can message me directly either on site or on Discord and I'll be happy to help you however I can (hhh81#1323). I hope all of you enjoy the SHL and good luck at the draft!
[/quote]

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

05-15-2020, 10:56 AMhhh81 Wrote:
05-14-2020, 10:10 PMAdamS Wrote: You're a dirty pirate hooker.
I don't think this will get counted. If you want the TPE, you should probably try again! Smile

updated

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? Experience is not required, but we like to know! I had a few short lived players, play a fair amount of FHM

2) Would you be interested in receiving further communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your Discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly!Yes Rippleluck#2328

3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of people ready to help you get the most from your first few seasons on the site. Sniper/Perimeter shooter

4) What exactly are your goals in the SHL? How are you liking the site so far?I Enjoy it, hopefully become a good player on a good team and to make friends along the way

5) Give us your best punSorry I thought you said bun

6) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question!Big into grand strategy games/history in general

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? Experience is not required, but we like to know!

Tons of expierence. former hamilton steelhawks co.

2) Would you be interested in receiving further communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your Discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly!

Yeah for sure. Gooney#3390

3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of people ready to help you get the most from your first few seasons on the site.

Sniping winger.

builing a star player.

5) Give us your best pun

puns hard

6) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question!

play a ton of rocket league and shit ya know

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

I've been on the SHL since S41, and have been in separate GM leagues for many years

Go for it, hockeyfan#4117

An offensive minded two-way forward

I want to win a cup, score some goals, be as successful as my first player

5) Give us your best pun
I lost my job at the bank on my very first day. A woman asked me to check her balance, so I pushed her over

In quarantine, I have started filming myself doing mundane tasks edited with fart noises and the occasional flash of skin, and sell it on my onlyfans account for $4.99. I have been very successful.

alot

same#2022 and sure ya

sniping scrappy forward

oh boy

5) Give us your best pun
no rserved

i game alot like counter strike and league but i suck, soccer and basketball

I have multiple championships (S10 an S12), along with a second defensive defenseman that didn't work out as well.

Absolutely, Obsidian#7612

I want my goalie to be the void that pucks go into instead of into the net lol

My goals are to win all the championships, So far I am just a four star cup short :( as for liking the site, I hate it here, this place is worse than Mos Eisley

5) Give us your best pun

You couldn't handle it, it's too hot because it just came out of the oven... Oh you said pun, I suck at this.

I think the thing about me that everyone usually wants to hear about is that I am in a poly relationship. My wife and I have been married for 13 years and our fiance has been with me for about 3 years with us all getting back together in the same house at the end of March. We have 6 kids between us and I stay home with them. Between housework and homeschooling it is pretty laid back and as such I have a lot of time on my hands to do the things I want.

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]

I've been in the SHL before

We've already spoke : )

Someone fast and annoying

I wanna be more active than last time

5) Give us your best pun

You can't expect a pun to be forced. That's just cruel and unusual punishment

I love basketball as well as hockey, and I'm big on all types of music. I don't have any weird hobbies but I have a large collection of hockey cards.

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? Experience is not required, but we like to know! I am in almost 5 leagues so I have some experience

2) Would you be interested in receiving further communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your Discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly! I'd like to. I'll change this later#0923

3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of people ready to help you get the most from your first few seasons on the site. I'm looking to build a player that can score goals and assist some too

4) What exactly are your goals in the SHL? How are you liking the site so far? I'm liking it. My goal is to be one of the best scorers in the SHL.

5) Give us your best pun Let me tell you about my grandfather. He was a good man, a brave man. He had the heart of a lion, and a lifetime ban from the zoo

6) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Don't just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question! I love baseball. My favorite hockey player is Alex Pietrangelo. I have 2 cats. Idk what else to say, I guess I like lemonade.

No experience

my discord is hannington#8491

A team player! I want to be helpful

Just trying to have fun :D So far enjoying it

5) Give us your best pun
    I don't need a spine, its holding me back

I'm currently studying graphic design, i enjoy all kinds of video games, and i know absolutely nothing about sports

[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? Experience is not required, but we like to know! Never touched a sim league

2) Would you be interested in receiving further communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your Discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly! Y'all already have

3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of people ready to help you get the most from your first few seasons on the site. A goat

4) What exactly are your goals in the SHL? How are you liking the site so far? Win the triple crown

5) Give us your best pun No

Okay this is too much to answer. I ref hockey I guess

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

I do not have any experience with simulated sports leagues, this will be my first one ever.

Yes, my discord name is: ThoProce#6068.

3) What type of player are you looking to build? 
Colorado has a slew of people ready to help you get the most from your first few seasons on the site.
My type of player that I am looking to build is someone big, physical, and not afraid to throw there weight around. But also be good at skating and have some good technical parts besides physicality in the game.

My goal in SHL is to become one of the most physical players and to be able to get some points as well.

5) Give us your best pun
[Image: a9c2f5a0151c6f5ca144b41acd329ae7_1024x10...1567008377]

I like to watch soccer and I play soccer on the side. I do not play many video games tbh (besides Minecraft), mostly during my free time I spend watching YouTube and Netflix. I am also pretty chilled but I don't mind having fun.

05-09-2020, 11:04 AMhhh81 Wrote:
[Image: jYLSkDI.png]

Welcome to SHL! The Colorado Raptors are excited to learn more about the newest potential members of our team. With the close of our first season in FHM, we're excited to see who will join us as we enter the post-hhh81 chapter of this team!

It's that time of the season again. I've provided a copy and paste-able code down below here with some questions for you to answer! Please provide your answers in the blanks under the questions and someone from our scouting staff will reach out with any further questions we have.

Code:
[b]1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? Experience is not required, but we like to know![/b]

[b]2) Would you be interested in receiving further communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your Discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly![/b]

[b]3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of people ready to help you get the most from your first few seasons on the site.[/b]

[b]4) What exactly are your goals in the SHL? How are you liking the site so far?[/b]

[b]5) Give us your best pun[/b]

[b]6) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question![/b]

As always any of you can message me directly either on site or on Discord and I'll be happy to help you however I can (hhh81#1323). I hope all of you enjoy the SHL and good luck at the draft!

1) Absolutely no experience whatsoever until I signed up this week

2) Sure - why not, Boondoggler #9804

3) A mentally tough, reliable goalie.

4) I'd like to get my player to the international level - and also participate in the community as whole

5) I'm not a fan of cheesy puns - no bleu jokes either

6) I make music in my free time - ranging from country western to ambient electronic and everything in between