Create Account

S54 Colorado Raptors Interested Prospects Thread

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? Experience is not required, but we like to know!

I don't have any experience with any simulated sports league so far.

2) Would you be interested in receiving further communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your Discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly!

Sure, ID is overdoo#0430

3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of people ready to help you get the most from your first few seasons on the site.

Mostly just an offensive defenseman, still defensively reliable. 

4) What exactly are your goals in the SHL? How are you liking the site so far?

To make the SHL, hopefully, a trophy or two. Past that I don't know what to expect. As far as the site goes, I am really liking it. Eager to continue.

5) Give us your best pun

The only one I can think of right now is "Gaud's Plan" for my fantasy team. I did end up winning if that counts for anything?

6) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question!

As far as some of your questions, (albeit apparently lame?), I've been getting into Rocket League and Rainbow, still not great at them but time is going in. Aside from hockey, I have tried getting into the NFL since I am a CFL fan, but it hasn't been working out. Canucks fan and I am usually golfing about when they are. I used to play hockey but stopped because of school, which I am still in. Don't know what else I could say.

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? Experience is not required, but we like to know!
A lot. I have been a part of SHL since 2014.
2) Would you be interested in receiving further communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your Discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly!
My Discord: Eve#131 I have no problem communicating with you, if you need any information or just want to chat
3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of people ready to help you get the most from your first few seasons on the site.
I am looking to build a shoot first player, that reads defenses and can demolish them by just existing
Right now just to get trough the first few seasons in SMJHL and figure out the new sim engine.
5) Give us your best pun
I'm a big fan of whiteboards. I find them quite re-markable.
6) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question!
I am a simple human, I guess. I am about to end my bachelors in Physiotherapy and I am looking forward to what the future has for me. I enjoy playing all kinds of sports games on PS4 and experiment with some action games as well. I play football IRL (soccer for you NA people) and just chill, whenever I have the possibility. Oh and I am a big fan of CS:GO. Gotta love angry lil russians screaming when you one-tap them in the back of their skulls, lol.

[Image: 32882_s.gif]

Oliver Pettyfer / Isaac Cormier Hale / Eva Lykke Aparjode

None

Yep! AgentSmith630#7472

I'm looking at building a Shutdown Defenseman.

I'm here to have fun. I know almost nothing about hockey irl, so this is completely new to me. You can thank my friends for getting me into it.

5) Give us your best pun

A Buddhist walks up to a hot dog stand and says "Make me one with everything."
The Buddhist hands the vendor a $20 and the vendor puts it in his pocket. When the Buddhist asks for his change the vendor replies, "Change comes from within."
The Buddhist then pulls out a pistol from inside his robes. The vendor says "But brother, what about inner peace?" and the Buddhist replies "This is my inner piece!"

I'm a disc golf and video-game loving Michigander who has no experience in sim sports and who has very little hockey knowledge irl. I'm currently working from home due to quarantine and will be for the foreseeable future, so I have plenty of time to be active on the site and in Discord. I'm looking forward to growing into one of the top players in the class. Feel free to DM me here or on Discord if you have any questions!

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

I've been everywhere. Someone in your LR knows I'm sure

Yes - iamslm22. If you don't contact me I won't get drafted by you.

Two way center.

Win titles. Make Cash

5) Give us your best pun

My first player name was pretty good.

Love basketball.

I joined SHL back in S1, and I've had some more limited experience in the VHL

Yeah sure I'm game! Discord is brandonholmes717#3107

I'm looking to build a skilled power forward, kind of like Alex Tuch or Mark Stone

I just want to have a top end player again, having a player contributing top line production on an SHL team is all kinds of fun and its been awhile since I've had that

5) Give us your best pun

If someone wants to talk about underwear, you've got to be supportive.

I do prospect writing for DobberProspects and DraftGeek.ca, and have a new prospect based podcast on Spotify and shit like that (we recently had Tyson Foerster, James Hardie, Joni Jurmo, William Villeneuve, and Brady Burns on as guests). I do a lot of my promo for my writing on Twitter where I just passed 1,200 followers.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

None in SHL, playing in NSFL since mid february.

Of course! Annastesia#7729

A Gretzky inspired Center, a field general.

To have fun, mainly, and learn more about hockey. Confusing, gets some time getting used to it. Good tutorials!

5) Give us your best pun
JESUS SAVES! HE PASSES TO GRETZKY, GRETZKY SHOOTS, GRETZKY SCORES!

I'm a 48 year old computer programmer who lives in Spain. Half Canadian, a follower of the Vancouver Canucks and Team Canada! I like the Toronto Raptors in NBA, used to be Vancouver Grizzlies, until they moved to Memphis. With Memphis is a strange love-hate relation. In NFL I like the Bucs first, and then secondly the Packers and the Lions (yes, strange!!).
I am playing a lot of NBA 2k20 at the moment, playing in a coach only PC Madden 2020 league, playing some MP leagues in FOF8 and DDSPF 20. I used to play FHM 1 and 2. Waiting for 6 to go be on offer in steam. Why no EA NHL? Because I'm PC Master Race and EA has forgotten about us in NHL!!! I used to mainly play CRPG and strategy games, but this year it is sports!! The sim games, FOF8, I'm almost 1 year and a half with them. I play bass in a rock band.

[Image: WnIxdNc.png]

C | Wile Coyote | S55 | 334 TPE
Update page | Stats Page
Whalers 

A ton. 3 SHL players, a bunch of SBA ones, the odd VHL one.

You don't need to, but if you want here it is: DonutDefender#8478

Power Forward.

Win championships and have fun with this player.

5) Give us your best pun

Undecided

I'm currently in college, with about 1 year left. Hate having no sports to watch, as I'm a massive Leafs fan and playoffs were right around the corner. :( I play a lot of video games in my spare time, Rocket League would be my favorite. Also watch a lot of TV, love comedy's like The Office, and Community.

[Image: d4tHOa1.png]

This is my first time in a sim league
Raptors SHL__TerrenceSmith#3261 (in the discord already)
Mobile Two-way defenceman
Having a fun time and giving my brain more hockey to digest
5) Give us your best pun
Why is there walls around the cemetary?... Because people are dying to get in

Other than hockey I watch football and occasionally baseball. Though hockey is really the center of everything for me.

[Image: IYqjgDl.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2020, 08:40 AM by sulovilen.)

None of these kind of sims. I've played the typical "Be a GM" games, like EHM, NHL Franchise modes, WebSim Hockey and Hockey Dynasty.

Yeah, sure. sulovilen#1223

Walton Stromberg. A C playmaker, who's a reliable artist. 

The concept in general sounds like a lot of fun. My goal is to have fun and have some success too. In that order. So far the site feels a bit difficult as I thought I'm already past using traditional "bulletin board forums".  Biggrin

5) Give us your best pun
Saying, 'I'm sorry' is the same as saying, 'I apologize.' Unless you're at a funeral.

Well. I'm Finnish. My hobbies are... playing sim games at home. Hockey sims (the GM type - and now this, I guess) or city/airport management games etc. Those are fun. Besides hockey, I try to follow some soccer and futsal. And myself I'm a recreational floorball player. But yeah, I mostly like spending time at home, and recently I've also got to work from home a lot for some reason. So that has been fun.

[Image: sulov.gif]

SHL since S22, GOMHL since creation, NFSL very little.

Yeah of course. My discord ID is on my profile. Cheers

Pretty open to learning more about the sim, and what builds work best.

Just being apart of an active team, winning will come later.

5) Give us your best pun

That would require me googling one that isnt corny aha.

Well before Covid hit the world, I play ball hockey year round and slowpitch in the summer as a beer league. Recently started playing Warzone with some buddies.
Big into fantasy sports. Once again since like all of this canceled, I have a lot of free time.

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

1 years on SHL, 2 years in hockey (and any sports really) sim leagues in general.

Sure, but I have a feeling you won't want to reach out to me. jcfbey01#9816

I'm looking to be a sniper and a great goal scorer.

My goals are to score goals, get awards, win cups, get to the Hall of Fame.

5) Give us your best pun

No u

I just want to have fun doing this all. I love all sports games, and really just games in general. I love all sports (baseball isn't a sport tho, fuck that shit).

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

This is my third player for the SHL. No other leagues.

Absolutely! Hit me up here or on discord. ID is Rancidbudgie#5743

A goalie that is good at stopping pucks

Make a good player with a long and lasting SHL career. Always love the site and the people on it

5) Give us your best pun

A Roman walks into a bar and orders a Martinus. The bartender, confused, asks, "Don't you mean a Martini?" The Roman replies, "If I wanted a double I would have asked for one!"

I am a teacher of History, love stats and spreadsheets, and watch soccer as well as hockey. I should point out my NHL team is the Colorado Avalanche!

[Image: antonescu.png]
[Image: BKGrppM.png]
Thank you to Ham and Sulo for the sigs!
Scarecrows Chiefs Renegades Dragons Stampede Panthers norway
Scarecrows Specters Switzerland
Scarecrows pride Switzerland
  Armada pride Ireland

a lot with the SHL.

crutch#1738, yes.

Power Foward that like to score goals

i like the shl

5) Give us your best pun

hmm

i stream video games i guess. love hangin in da discord

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020, 12:43 AM by DELIRIVM.)

I have been in multiple simulation sports leagues. I am fairly comfortable with the idea of updating a player, building for strength, and all that cool stuff. I am excited to be making this player here!

Of course. I am always up to chat with anyone at any time. DELIRIVM#6209

I am looking to build a playmaking center with defensive responsibilities. I know, I know. How creative!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuYeHPFR3f0

5) Give us your best pun

A cross-eyed teacher couldn’t control his pupils

When the past, present, and future go camping they always argue. It's intense tense in tents

Well hello here. I am really into drawing. Still terrible but I love it. I recently bought a Huion Kamvas 13 and I love it. So nice having a cool drawing tablet. I am also super into cooking. I will probably share some things I cook if I get the chance.
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020, 02:41 AM by Scheetzzy.)

This is my first time in a sim league

That'd be fine   Scheetzzy #8226

I'm trying to make Jonathan Lillehammer into a dynamic 2 way winger who is great in transition

Trying to get my hockey fix and maybe meet some people, for the most part I'm here to have fun. The site has been great so far

5) Give us your best pun
The key to a good space party is you have to planet.

Well obviously im very into hockey, I love the Capitals. My taste in games is pretty bland, just Chel and Modern Warfare at the moment. I'm good to talk about pretty much anything, hockey, music, movies or just life. I have a pretty screwed up sleep schedule so I can talk to people in all kinds of time zones. Thats about it, I don't have any wacky hobbies but overall I think I'm pretty chill.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: kfm8l2J.png]
Raptors Raptors Raptors