Create Account

Attribute base for SHL players
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2020, 02:39 PM by puolivalmiste.)

With one FHM season behind us and second starting I expect low TPE players to keep struggling in SHL leaving some of less active players on odd place where they really are not up to competition with rest of the league but can't continue playing down on SMJHL. So to help those players at least a bit I think either of these two solution could help them, both of these changes would be done to players when they unbank and permanently move up to SHL:

1) Increasing base value for some stats that are important for everyone to 11 (like already was done with stamina) if 5 stats like checking or defensive read started at 11 that would give everyone 80 more TPE to build their player which should be lot more impactful for low TPE players because of the update scaling, while making sure that everyone has some of most important stats at least at that 11.

2) Increasing base value for all stats to 8 for players playing in SHL, relasing up to 88 TPE to used for other stuff but more likely less due many players having very low values at for certain attributes. Effect would still be about the same as above but it would also make everyone bit better at everything (including stuff they don't need, but I doubt any professional players could not improve on these areas even if they don't focus on them), also could have some stats only for one position, like forwards get 8 for FO and 5 for SB while defensemen get opposite.

Also making low TPE player better should help rebuilding teams, make moving up to SHL after just 3 season more of an option and make future expansions (or addition of fourth line) hurt other teams less when you can actually get decent replacements for empty roster slots.

----

Agression in my opinion shouldn't be on same scale with other stats. I would rather see something like setting start point to 10 so single digit penalties are not something you have potential as default but something you actually have to invest TPE (which could be gained from above changes if people want to kerp their current build).

So setting start point to 10 and then allowing players to spend 10 TPE to lower it by one or increase agression by one to gain 10 TPE to be used elsewhere. This would reguire more testing to get right values and how it would impact the league but I think it should make enforcers/agitators something worth considering and make low agression something you need to work if you want to take less penalties. In worst case it would just be mandatory 50 TPE to be spend making above suggestion pointless. Also I think if system like this was put in place increasing agression should be limited so no new player could gain more TPE at start of their career, maybe make it available once they hit 350 cap or something.

----

Also I would like to see either partial redistribution allowed for free, like 25% of TPE or reducing cost of redistribution to 25k for this and next season and to 50k for a season after that before moving back to 100k, to go with that I would keep max amount of money used as same 5M allowing up to 200 and 100 point redistributions in coming seasons (or making it bit cheaper if you didn't fuck your build too badly).

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me