Create Account

The Friendly Cup 5, brought to you by The Outlungus Foundation
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2020, 08:51 AM by Thunfish.)

[Image: Friendly_Cup_logo.png]

It's back once again! The Friendly Cup is here for its' fifth edition. To those who aren't aware of it or weren't around for the previous edition, here's a brief reminder: the Friendly Cup is (in canon) a soccer tournament featuring hockey stars with the explicit goal of generating funds to the Outlungus Foundation, a charity organization created by a hardcore Anaheim Outlaws' fan.

Assuming you didn't take a look at the concept of the game being a soccer tournament instead of actual hockey and balked off such a concept, but aren't quite interested in participating, here's footage from the other three editions to hopefully get you into it: the first one, the second one, the third one and the fourth and more recent one.

If you're interested, keep reading for instructions on how to join and the new things we have for the tournament this time around.

Quote:How will it work?
Things will be similar to our last edition. We'll be running with Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 and the role of captain too will be making a comeback. The captain will have full control over their team: picking up roster members via a draft to take place in a Discord server for the event, choosing a team name, logo and uniform. If you have the time and interest to sign up as a captain (which I believe other users can vouch for me in that it wasn't a massive timewaster), make sure to do so while also PMing me your Discord account so we can talk. If you don't have the time but still want to participate, feel free. Users are also free to bring players from other leagues if interested in doing so. I would actually recommend that as it makes the event even more special. We'll have a captain limit of 8 to be served in a first-come, first-served manner. Should we lack players to properly fill a draft pool, we'll be employing players from the Intercontinental Hockey League or other options deemed appropriate.
Quote:Skills and Appearances
In the last season, I simply used actual players from the game as a reference to where I should scale the skills of players to. Since I imagine that people interested in signing up would rather have their players be good in the sim, any person signed up to the event will be allowed to pick a player from the game to use as a base for how skilled your player will be in the game (not the looks themselves, I'll use your render for that). You can see who's there for you to use via this website here, keep in mind that you're not limited to the players on the home page there. I wouldn't recommend using players from the Classic Teams section because they're rather overpowered but that's really up to you. I also suggest that you aim for players in the area of 100 to 80 OVR. You're allowed to pick players that were already picked by someone else too if you wish.
Quote:Appearances
Your player can look like a proper facsimile of your player render in the SHL.

Signed up for Captainship (1/8)
Yoshimitsu McCloud @Thunfish (Midfielder, Fàbregas)

Signed up for Membership
Mitchell van der Heijden @bluesfan55 (Forward, Gudjohnsen)
Steve Harrington @"NeonLime" (Midfielder, David Silva)
Eric Hudson @EricNCSU (Defender, Thiago Silva)
Mathias Seger @Segi (probably some Swiss defender that I'll have to pick)
Danny Marston @Capt_Blitzkrieg (Midfielder, Toni Kroos)
Cal Labovitch @Mutedfaith (Forward, van Persie)
Lyle Odelein III @Huck24 (Defender, Maicon)
Leo Bloomfield @BloomeyGB (Goalkeeper, Shilton)
Ethan Ross @JR95 (Forward, Rooney)

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

oh yes yes yes

mitchell van der heijden, centre-forward, eidur gudjohnsen (if not in the game, kolbeinn sigthorsson)

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Steve Harrington (Midfielder, David Silva)

Returning Friendly Cup Champion reporting for duty

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020, 03:34 PM by EricNCSU.)

I'll have to go back and look at who my player was last time but I'm totally down. That was so fun.

Edit: Found it. 

Eric Hudson - Defender, Thiago Silva

[Image: hudson.png]

I'm in. Don't know most of these players, just give me any defender.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

Danny Marston (Midfielder, Toni Kroos)

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Sorry for the delay, lads. Things got a bit too busy on my end but rosters are updated!

Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2020, 03:22 PM by Mutedfaith.)

Cal Labovitch - Robin van Persie (CF)

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Updated again. I'll probably be hoping to get at least three other sign-ups before working on things, I reckon.

Outlungus

Lyle Odelein III (Defender, Maicon)

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

Updated once more. We only need two more in, although additional sign-ups will be accepted promptly. Keep in mind that you (the reader) can be an SJMHL player and participate as well.

Outlungus
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2020, 04:22 AM by BloomeyGB.)

Gib

Leo Bloomfield: (Peter Shilton, Classic England, Goalkeeper)

[Image: bloomfield.png]
[Image: NEW_Team_final.png][img=0x280]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/789216032630898779/789216043259265024/unknown.png?width=1103&height=613[/img]

Ethan Ross - (forward Wayne Rooney)

Updated again! With that final sign-up, I can start working. Any parties that might be interested in signing up can still do so, but I'll start working with ten in mind. Thanks to everyone.

Outlungus