Create Account

My SHL History

My SHL History

Under a different account, called “philthethrill81” I began my SHL career with the player Phil Schenn. I created Schenn midway through season 8 and played the back half of that season with a team that is long gone, the Los Angeles Archangels. After we finished that season up, I was selected by the Toronto North Stars, in the second round of the season 9 SHL draft. Being that I created midway through the season, I had no idea where I was going to end up in the draft, and seeing as I am a huge Leafs fan, and live near Toronto in real life, to be drafted by Toronto was amazing. I really appreciated them taking a chance on me and I couldn’t wait to get started. But, since I had only spent half a season in the juniors prior to being drafted, I was going to be sent down again to develop some more, before kicking off my SHL career. That year, I was sent down to the Montreal Impact, where I had a fun time, and really learned everything I needed to know to prepare me for the SHL.

If I remember correctly, I would then get my promotion to the big league. I would end up playing close to 10 seasons with the North Stars, in which we were highly competitive each year, but were never able to win the championship. When it came time for them to rebuild, I was finally traded. I’m pretty sure I played for the Manhattan Rage, and the Minnesota Chiefs for a season each. I won my first individual award, the Jay McDonald Trophy for most goals scored in a season, while playing for the Chiefs. Afterwards, I would go to the New England Wolfpack. I spent 4 seasons with the Wolfpack, and in the last one ended up winning my first Challenge Cup. Then, to close out my career, I returned to Toronto, where I called home for nearly 10 seasons, and started my SHL career.

Schenn had a great career, amassing 288 goals, and 612 points over 16 seasons. Two seasons later he would become a first ballot SHL Hall of Fame player.

[Image: vxwkr3z.png]

Once I had moved on from Schenn, I had my eyes set on making my next player a defenseman. Staying in tune with Leafs players formulating the name of my SHL player, John Matthews was born. I don’t remember much about this player, as I went inactive after a couple of seasons, but I’ll detail as much as I can about him. Matthews was drafted by the Seattle Riot; I want to say in the second round of what I do remember being a pretty loaded draft class. I believe I stayed active for 1 or 2 more seasons afterwards, got up to around 500 TPE, and then went inactive. He would be a bottom pairing defenseman for the Riot, and I think at some point the Blizzard. I apologize to whoever the GM of the team was that drafted Matthews for going inactive. :(

After going inactive with Matthews, I didn’t return to the SHL for a couple of seasons. I want to say it was close to a year later that I returned, and for a couple of reasons, I decided to come back under a different name. The first reason being I just went inactive with my last player, and I didn’t want there to be a thought that I could go inactive again with this player. The second reason was that I first made Phil Schenn at a very young age, and under that account, looking back at it, I felt as though I was quite immature. I’m not sure what the perception of me was back then, but I wanted a clean slate. I knew if I came back under a different account, I would be losing the Millions of dollars I had in my SHL bank account from my previous players, but therein lies the third reason for the new account. I wanted to prove to myself that I could make another good player again, without simply piggy backing off of the success of my previous ones. So, with these reasons in mind, I created a new account; the account I am currently using, DonutDefender. I know, so much more mature, lmao. With this new account, I made my third player, Derrick Glover.

Glover was to be a two-forward who was primarily a playmaker and excelled in the face-off dot. He was drafted in the second round of the SMJHL draft, to the Scarecrows. I have no idea how well the Scarecrows did that year, but I remember my draft class being pretty weak, and by the time the SHL draft came around, it was looking like I would be a 1st round pick. I ended up going 12th overall to the Minnesota Chiefs, along with other 1st round selections Samee Iqbal, and Terrance Nova. We would be the first pieces of the Chiefs rebuild. The Chiefs would have a couple of good drafts, and Glover would continue to develop over the next couple of seasons, and before you knew it Minnesota was competing again. In Season 39, the Chiefs won the Challenge Cup, 7 years after they drafted Glover. It was Glover’s 1st and only Challenge Cup, and to do it with the Chiefs, the team that drafted him, was an amazing feeling. I was finally able to accomplish what I wanted to do with Schenn and the North Stars. A couple of seasons later, Glover would start hitting regression, and I would go inactive again. I accomplished what I set out to do with Glover, which was to prove to myself that I could make a good player again and win a championship with the team that drafted me.

Glover would actually go on to play 16 seasons in the league, serving as an excellent two forward for 13 seasons in Minnesota, and 3 in Edmonton. Derrick picked up a total of 166 goals, and 491 points over 16 seasons.

That was over 2 years ago. Well, Glover might have continued playing for a little while after I went inactive, but my last post on SHL was over 2 years ago. Now, I’m ready to make another good player again. While for the most part things are still familiar, some things have changed, such as 50 words for 2 TPE as my first SMJHL PT I just completed. That’s the easiest shit ever. There is also a boat load of new teams. The only SMJHL teams I recognize are the Whalers, Falcons, Knights, and Scarecrows. The SHL teams are more familiar, but the Syndicate, Barracuda, Specters, and Pride are new to me.

All things considered I’m happy to be getting back into the swing of things over here, and I’m really itching for some hockey content, so I can’t wait to get the season going. Here’s hoping my new player, Alex Marshall, can be a good one.

Code:
1172 Words

[Image: d4tHOa1.png]

+1

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Great article, glad to see people returning to the league.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Welcome back!

“The SHL teams are more familiar, but the Syndicate, Barracuda, Specters, and Pride are new to me. “

Seattle Moved to Tampa Bay Barracuda in S46
Portland Admirals moves to San Francisco Pride in like S37. The Chicago Syndicate and New Oreans Specters Were expansion teams back in S46. And then this offseason the West Kendall Platoon moves to Baltimore to be the Baltimore platoon

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]