Create Account

Gunnar Söderberg Presser
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2020, 11:25 AM by sköldpaddor.)

RW Gunnar Söderberg, recently acquired by the Chicago Syndicate, will be available via teleconference for questions. Please feel free to ask your questions here and don’t forget to mute yourself once you dial in, no one wants to hear you eating your lunch or arguing with your editor on the conference call.

Quote:what was your favourite part about april fools and why was it me joining the team sweden LR for 5 minutes?
It was a tossup between that and Julio also joining the team Sweden LR for 5 minutes. But maybe the best part of that day was I didn't get traded :P

Quote:Are you excited to join Kelowna alumni in Chicago?
Yeah! I feel like I've lost touch with a lot of people over the last couple seasons but I think this will be a great opportunity to reconnect and hopefully make some magic on the ice.

Quote:How did you feel when you found out about the trade?
Man I'm not going to lie, I was kind of devastated. It wasn't what I had planned and I definitely didn't expect it, but I am the kind of person who tries to make the best of whatever situation I'm in, so I tried to think of the positives. Chicago has a lot of guys from my draft class and the class before so I'm excited to see what we can do.

Quote:How do you think Soderberg will perform in the upcoming IIHF tournament?
I'm optimistic! This is all pretty unknown territory with a new sim engine and I definitely didn't perform up to the standard I'm used to  this last season, so I'm really curious how things will pan out on different teams.

Quote:What’re you most excited about coming to Chicago?
A few things - the roster is full of guys around my same draft class and I'm excited to see how the team comes together with me and Nolan there. I'm definitely pumped to play with Corey and some of the other guys I've been friendly with but haven't had a chance to play on a team with yet. And while I was definitely totally committed to the rebuild in Tampa, I don't think there's any shame in letting myself be a little excited to play on a team that might be competitive a little sooner.

Quote:What’re your hopes for your player during their tenure in Chicago?
I want to win a cup and I want to be a positive locker room presence and I want to make the guys around me better. Those are my career goals, no matter where I'm playing.

Quote:Why do you hate the cudas?
Oh dude I do not hate the cudas at all :( This isn't what I had planned at all; I was definitely under the impression that I was part of the rebuild that's happening there and I was fully committed to that. I think it just turned out that I was better for the team in the form of being a trade asset, and I don't want to stand in the way of what's happening there.

Quote:Favorite memory from your time in Tampa?
Gosh, it's really hard to pick just one. Getting drafted was cool, getting called up, but...I mean, S50, going to the finals, that was probably one of the best things I've ever gotten to be a part of. Would have been better if we'd won, obviously, but looking back now, that was just...a lot of stuff has changed, so many pieces have been pulled apart, and that was the last time it felt like they were all together and for a minute there it felt like we were unstoppable. That's the kind of high people spend their lives chasing, and my hope is that I'll be able to get that last game won someday, but that team was really something special.

Quote:How does Gunnar feel about having to share the trade spotlight with a scrub like Nolan?
Please, as if there's any room in the spotlight for either of us in a world where CC2 exists.

Quote:Do you hate me :((
I could never! Even if I wanted to, I don't have it in me to hate people over stuff that isn't personal. Hockey's a business, and I always said that even though I didn't want to leave, if that was what was best for the team, I wasn't going to let my personal feelings get in the way of everybody else's success.

Quote:I love youuuu <3
who do you miss?
I LOVE YOU TOO BLUE. I miss a lot of people right now. I was used to missing people because they left and now I have to get used to missing the people I left behind myself, and both kinds of missing people suck.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: nbb.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

what was your favourite part about april fools and why was it me joining the team sweden LR for 5 minutes?

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Are you excited to join Kelowna alumni in Chicago?

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Jess <3

Recreate please so I can bring you back to KEL!

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

How did you feel when you found out about the trade?

How do you think Soderberg will perform in the upcoming IIHF tournament?

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

05-13-2020, 02:21 AMKatth Wrote: Jess <3

tf is this tampering

reported

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

What’re you most excited about coming to Chicago?

What’re your hopes for your player during their tenure in Chicago?

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

05-13-2020, 04:43 AMJNH Wrote:
05-13-2020, 02:21 AMKatth Wrote: Jess <3

tf is this tampering

reported

Tampering about tampering!

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Why do you hate the cudas?

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Favorite memory from your time in Tampa?

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Unless anybody has any more questions, I will go ahead and wrap this up Smile

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: nbb.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

How does Gunnar feel about having to share the trade spotlight with a scrub like Nolan?

[Image: 3.png]

Do you hate me :((

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

I love youuuu <3
who do you miss?

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!