Create Account

UCORCAL S53 WJC Roster Announcement

So I had a 2000 word media full of research and player renders announcing this season's UCORCAL entry in the World Junior Championship but due to a tragic loss of power and lack of a save button, I lost everything. So instead, here's the roster with some of my comments on how stacked we are instead. :D

Latvia Czechia Russia Forwards Russia Czechia Latvia
Simothy Drunkebird @Esso2264 Czechia Raptors
Cyril Vyskoc @artermis Czechia Armada
Mats Marner @leafsftw1967 Latvia Berserkers
Konrad Danke @JHS Czechia Timber
Vitek Vitecek @MegaSkuci Czechia Kraken
Bale @Wallflower Latvia Outlaws
Indigo Trevino @Carbine Latvia Scarecrows
Sasha Dangelchek @acdangel Czechia Scarecrows
(Clean) Andrei Kostitsyn @Clean Andrei Kostitsyn Latvia Berserkers
Kriss Darzins @lilstifler Latvia Scarecrows
Simon Takshak @GeckoeyGecko Czechia Knights
Victor Ball @jcfbey01 Latvia

Latvia Czechia Russia Defense Russia Czechia Latvia
Alex Petrenko @traphag Russia Outlaws
Ambacas Cuddles @"cpetrella" Czechia Kraken
Valentin Kalashnikov @suavemente Russia Timber
Flash Gordon @twerkin4jesus Czechia Scarecrows
Ben van Dijk @Ben Czechia Kraken
Mikkel Asmus Sondergard @Rabidsponge21 Czechia Timber
Alexei Petrikov @mdubz Russia Armada
Slimey Snail @FleshBagSoup Czechia Whalers

Latvia Czechia Russia Goaltenders Russia Czechia Latvia
Samat Beibitzhanov @Duff101 Russia Raptors
Sergei Potvinov @Winstobick Russia Armada

Personally speaking for a moment, I just want to say how excited and appreciative I am for the opportunity to help put this team together in this tournament. My last go-around as a GM didn't go well at all as some of you are aware, so yeah, it's been nice to get another chance to GM in SHL, even for a short period of time. Everyone that's joined the locker room has been really chill and has made it a pretty darn good LR for only being together a few days. Should be fun reacting to the games with everyone there.

As for this team, I'm pretty confident we'll be returning to the medal round again this season. 14 of the 22 players on this squad were on the team last season and I'm sure that most of them are somewhat better than their previous season counterparts. I say 'most' instead of 'all' because that Trevino guy is pretty bad compared to last season....

Our forward group is pretty deep all the way through. 7 of our 12 forwards are 350 capped and 4 of those 7 have blown by the 425 cap as well. We do have a fresh S55 player on the roster in Ball, but I think we'll be more than capable of either insulating him or getting him some decent looks prior to the draft. Our top-line has the potential to absolutely dirty - Drunkebird with two of Bale, Trevino, or Dangelchek on his wings could prove to be one of the best lines in the tournament.

The defense, on the other hand, is going to be our real strength if it shakes out how I anticipate. 4 of our top 6 D are all 425 capped and returning Gold Medalists from last season. On top of that, we have two more D at 300+ TPE and 2 others at 240+ TPE. There will certainly be some experimentation as we get game time for everyone through the round-robin but I wouldn't be surprised to see us roll 7 or even 8 D by the end of the tournament - especially if @Vandy and I find a combo that works before the elimination round.

In goal, we'll have Samat starting the majority of the games this tournament with Potvinov filling in where appropriate. Samat is another returning player from last season, except he was the backup to Mike Hroch during last season's tournament. He was on the bench last season when we won Gold but I definitely want him on the ice this time as we try to repeat as WJC Gold Medalists.

And finally, before I finish this much shorter than I would have liked announcement media, I give you all something that I definitely didn't expect to be sharing with you when I first started putting this announcement together: Top-Notch, fresh off the press, UCORCAL branded jerseys, as well as an actual logo for this three nation alliance.

[Image: AKxxofd.jpg]

A BIG thank you to @mdubz, @suavemente, @artermis, @jcfbey01 and anyone else I forgot to mention for the collaboration and discussion on the various designs we've gone through in the past 48 hours or so. Extra special thanks go to Suave for discovering and providing the typeface for the UCORCAL font on the jersey sleeves and MASSIVE thanks goes to M_Dubz for facilitating all our ideas, providing mockups, and ultimately putting together what I hope is the UCORCAL uniform for many seasons to come.

Suave should have some hardbass to play me out right after I post this, please enjoy! Smile

Code:
Grammarly word count: 785
Forum word count: 825

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]

Russia Russia Russia Russia UCORCAL!!! Russia Russia Russia Russia 

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber

staaaaaaaaacked

[Image: zNTg4Ew.png]
thanks @suavemente !

Only SMJHL draftee on the team, ayyyy

Let's get some gold!

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Stacked team, fire unis, what's not to like?

[Image: 49775_s.png]
Thanks to Budgie and Carpy for the sigs!

Player || Updates

yayayayaya

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]