Create Account

Tylar Agencies First Glance at SMJHL Teams (2x Media)

Tylar’s First Glance Look at All SMJHL Teams

***This article was written previously; some points may have changed and will be brought up in a future article. These viewpoints are from the beginning so do take with a grain of salt. **
As someone who only knows four of the SMJHL teams currently in the league, I thought it would be good to look at each possible team as a destination since I am looking at it as a fresh start. Every team is basically a possible destination for me, and in this article, I will briefly look at each team before I eventually write my rankings at a later date. I do not know any of the future situations, send-downs, graduations, alumni’s, etc. My main priorities when it comes down to it will be winning and being able to be put in a position to put up some points.

Outlaws Anaheim Outlaws Outlaws
At first glance, I kind of like the colors and kind of like the logo. I do not know the general manager or the co-general manager. At the time of this article, with the season almost over, they currently sit third in the Western Conference with a 26-20-3 record, which is not to bad. Just thinking they may end up with like the sixth to eighth overall pick in the draft. As of now, they do not have their second or third-round picks, which to me seems like I may not really be an option, but if I fell to the fourth, then maybe! Looking at their roster, I only recognize one username and do not really know the person well at all. Going to Anaheim would definitely be a completely fresh start with a whole new group of people.

Armada Anchorage Armanda Armada
This team is kind of interesting because it was previously the Prince George Firebirds who I have ties with.  Although it makes me sad the Firebirds do not exist anymore. I like the colors of this team, although I originally thought it probably took the Montreal Impact’s place, so I was kind of surprised it used to be the Firebirds Franchise. I do not know the general manager or co-general manager. I recognize a few names like bojo, bluesfan, and artemis. They currently barely sit tops in the Eastern Western Conference with a 27-17-3 record. They have all their picks; I could possibly be a target in the late second round. Anchorage looks like an interesting team to join in what looks like a relatively open Eastern Conference.

Kraken Carolina Krakken Kraken
I love orange so; I like this team because its nice and orange. They used to be the Impact and Militia which was interesting to be. I do not know either the general managers of the team. Looking at their roster, the only name I recognize and know would be Ace. They look to be having a tough season with a 17-27-3 record which has them tied for last in the Eastern Conference, battling for the last playoff spot in the East. Based off a quick glance, it looks like they have a few S54’s which may suggest they could be good next season with them developing. They do not have their third-rounder, so if I was to end up here, it would likely have to be in the early second round which could be an option. 

Raptors Colorado Raptors Raptors
I assumed this team replaced the Mammoths, which I assumed correctly. I do not really like the name or logo to be honest, but that stuff does not really matter to me. I do not recognize anyone on this team at all. They currently sit in 4th in the Western Conference with an 18-26-2 record. Based off a quick glance, it looks like they have some good S53’s which may mean they might be primed for a run next season.  They have all their picks, plus an extra third which would make it possible for me to possibly end up here. Going to Colorado would interesting.

Falcons Detroit Falcons Falcons
One of the teams I actually recognized, and I enjoy mostly because many of my friends have been on Detroit, and Dankoa used to be their General manager. They are also destroying the league this season and from what I have read, they have a strong core to build around next season as well. I know their General mangers both nour and Tig from Hamilton, both are lovely humans. I recognize a few names, notable Dankoa but I doubt he will be there next season as he has a lot of TPE already, but I do not know that. I would really like to play for Detroit, but they only have their first and fourth, and I am not sure If I will be a first-round pick honestly, and I do not think I would last until the end of the fourth round, but I could. One other benefit as I mention would be, being on an already strong team and being able to win in my rookie year.

Knights Kelowna Knights Knights
Another team I recognize and played for with two of my formers players. I have always liked the Knights color scheme and logo, although it is a rip-off of the London Knights. I do not know their general managers, and I recognize a few members like HFFO, NJApple, and Hexx. The Knights currently sit in second place in the Western Conference with a 27-15-3 record and have all their picks. It looks like they have some good players that will be back next season. I am not sure if I would be excited to play for the Knights, just because I kind of want a new experience, and be on a new team since I have only really played on like Prince George and Kelowna in juniors it feels like. But I would not be necessarily mad if I ended up in Kelowna, maybe just slightly disappointed, but I would get over it.

Timber Maine Timber Timber
I figured this team probably replaced the Raiders, which I assumed correctly. I am not really a fan of the name honestly, although I kind of like the jersey’s they have. I do not know their General Managers, but I am friends with Alle, and know of JHS, prettyburn and adam. I do not know if these people are as active anymore though. Maine seems to be one of the many competing bottom end teams with a 17-27-3 record. They have a lot of picks including 3-second rounders, two fourths, and two fifth rounders, which suggests I could be a possible selection, and also that they picked a good draft to load up on because I think this draft class is going to be strong. I would not mind going to Maine especially since even if they struggle in year one if they draft well the next seasons should be amazing building around the S55 core.

Berserkers Newfoundland Berserkers Berserkers
I have no clue what the name was but I guess it sounds kind of cool, and having a team in Newfoundland is kind of interesting. I enjoy the colors, although I don’t know if I like the logo. Writing this I just noticed the hat looks like  a wolf… I know JNH pretty well, he is a cool guy which is nice.  I know a lot of people on this team actually like Rindiee, Wally, bbp, Toast, Justice, and leafs. I would consider a few of them friends, so that familiarity would be great. As I am writing this, I feel like this team would probably be my favorite so far honestly, and somewhere I would love to play. They are having a mediocre season with a 20-21-3 record and have some really good S54’s to build around along with the young goaltender. I feel like they probably have a chance to be a dominate force next season and will give the Falcons a run for their money. They have an extra third-rounder and no fourth, but I think it is realistic to think I could be an option with their second-rounder or possibly a third-rounder.  As of now, this team will likely be near the top of my eventually draft rankings.

Scarecrows St.Louis Scarecrows Scarecrows
I remember this team briefly, and actually think I got traded here with Sami Owens (or somehow ended up in their discord at some point). I do not know their general managers, and the only person I recognize on their roster is TML99 or Ryan. They’re having a pretty good season with a 26-16-3 record which is good for second in the East. They are missing their second-round pick and their picks are likely going to be later, so I am not sure if I will make it to their late third-round pick.  I would not mind playing in St. Louis, although I feel like I kind of want play for a team I have yet to play for or be apart of.

Whalers Vancouver Whalers Whalers
Wow, the Whalers still continue to exist even though so many teams have gone away. I am kind of surprised they still exist with the amount of changes that have happened, especially since the name is kind of a rip-off like the Knights name. Anyways, I do not know anyone on this team either. The Whalers are currently the worst team in the league by three points with a 16-26-3 record which has them at 35 points. They have all their picks as well, meaning I could possibly be a target at the top of the second round, which I think would be unlikely, but the top of the third could be possible. I feel like it would be interesting to play for the Whalers since they have been around for so long and I never got to play for them. The weird thing would be actually playing for them because I am pretty sure they were big rivals with Prince George, so I kind of have mixed feelings a bit. I know in the past I have called them the failures, so..

Anyways, that’s my first glance, barely detailed look at the SMJHL teams. The common theme was barely knowing anyone of the rosters or general managers. My viewpoints will likely change in the future. I look forward to hearing from teams and seeing where I end up. I am really excited to be back on SHL and look forward to building Liam Slate into a winner and hopefully a star player!

Code:
Word Count 1800 - 2x Draft Media Bonus

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup