Create Account

Tylar's Draft Tiers(2x Draft Media)
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2020, 03:22 PM by Tylar.)

Tylar's Draft Tiers

After taking a first glance at the SMJHL teams, it is time to put them into draft tiers. These tiers are not concrete and may change when I release my final draft rankings. These tiers give teams an idea of how I feel about them at this time leading up to the draft. The categories begin with the rather not tier. This tier is teams I would rather not play for, which seems self explanatory. I will not refuse to play for them but if possible, I would rather not end up there. The next tier is the meh tier, which I feel indifferent about right now. The next tier are teams I am interested in. The final tier of yes please are teams I really would like to join. Also my knowledge of sim, team, members ,etc is not good so take my information with a grain of salt.

Rather Not
In this tier I have placed the Kelowna Knights and St. Louis Scarecrows. Now, this is nothing really personal at all it is mostly due to the fact I have played for both of these teams previously. I kind of want that new experience, although the teams have massively changed, well actually completely changed, I still kind of want that new “Slate” feeling.

Kelowna Knights – The Knights are the team I have my only Four Stars Cup with, on one hand it would be kind of cool to win my second one with the Knights, but like I mentioned, I kind of desire having that new experience feeling. I was also the general manager of the Knights for a hot second which did not last long but still. One thing I have always kind of disliked about this franchise is the fact its basically a rip-off, but I do love the look of them.

St.Louis Scarecrows – Basically the same reasons as above, although I can not remember if I actually got traded to St. Louis with Owens, but the same still applies. It also does not help that they played the Berserkers in round one of the playoffs where I spent time as a DFA.
I have heard a few rumblings of possibly having expansion team(s) in SMJHL. I would personally rather not play for an expansion team, although the only positive would be playing time. An expansion team will probably be rough for at least one season if not two. I would rather be on an established team. I do not have much interest in treading water for multiple seasons while waiting for the team to get good.

Meh

Colorado Raptors – Colorado is in the meh or indifferent tier because going through their roster and I do not recognize any names and it seems like they had a below average season. Looking at their roster it looks like they have some good wingers as well which may be tough competition, but I do not know that for sure. I do not really enjoy the team concept much either but that is not super important to me.

Maine Timbers – I feel like this team could maybe slide down a tier eventually just because I am super unsure and have been told a few things. I know they have a lot of picks in this upcoming draft, but I am not sure I want to be on this team. It would be a good opportunity to grow with a team especially since they are going to have a lot of S55’s but I do not really want to wait as I have mentioned previously. I also really do not like the name at all. The only person I know is Alle who I do not even know is that active anymore. They as well had what looks to be a tough season this season as well which for someone who wants to be on a good team is not that great of a sign.
Update: During the scouting process the Timber impressed me. I really feel like I would like to play for them. Their management who reached out to me was extremely friendly and I enjoyed my interaction with them. I would probably move this team up into a would play for tier if I wrote this article again after the draft.

Anchorage Armanda – Anchorage had a pretty good season but fell short in round one. It looks like they have a lot of good wingers already, so maybe I would not necessarily fit here, but I could be a solid bottom sixer, but I am not sure I would crack their top 6 anytime soon. They also look to have 3 really good centers which is what a winger wants to see as a potential team. I do not really think this team would want me, but if they did, I would not mind at all. I do not fit their needs really, but playing with that center core would be tasty. I recognize a few of the usernames on their roster from animal crossing so it would not be like I do not know anyone which would be nice.

Carolina Krakken – Carolina had a rough season by the looks of it but has a lot of good wingers. Looking at the rest of their roster they might focus elsewhere at the top of the draft rather than a winger. I am not sure they would want Slate, but if they did, I wouldn’t mind it, although I am not sure I would necessarily be excited. It seems like they may be in for a potentially rough season again, but then again, I am basing this off of just glancing. I mostly like this team cause of the orange color. I know a few of their players as well which is always good too.

This is Okay, I Guess

Vancouver Whalers – This feels weird, but it would be kind of nice to be on one of the teams I never got to play for at all. Although being a former Firebird and Knight it feels like I should maybe hate the Whalers. The only downside to going there to me right now is that it looks like they had a rough season at the bottom of the Western Conference standings. Based on what I can see, it looks like they could maybe use a winger or two, so Slate could be useful to them. Based on what I can see they have some decent centers which who would be nice to play with as a rookie winger.
Anaheim Outlaws– I have heard from multiple people about the good management from Anaheim since they are apparently good people. I do not know they although Donini sounds familiar but never really talked to them before. They had a pretty good year and made into the second round of the playoffs.  Based on their roster it looks like they got some good centers and looks like they are losing their top winger to graduation. Slate could possibly be a fit here. The fact they like the previous two teams have good centers makes them appealing as a winger. Depending on activity levels, I could potentially end up in the top six eventually which would be good.

Yes Please Tier

[b]Detroit Falcons –
Detroit has Tig and Nour as General Managers who I know decently well, so that right there is a yaaas please. Another reason is that Dankoa, a very good friend of mine has a player there and is a big fan of the Falcons so that is an easy yaaas please. The Falcons are a storied franchise so it would be kind of cool to play in Detroit. They obviously had an amazing season and dominated which is something I would love to be apart of. Their roster is elite all over and will likely be dominate next season as well. I do not see myself going here though because they have later picks and their roster is pretty full and they might do defenseman due to call-ups based off glancing, but I do not know for sure obviously.

Newfoundland Berserkers – The Berserkers have JNH as a General Manager who I have known for awhile which makes this team an easy yaaaaas queen too. They signed me as a DFA which I am thankful for and enjoyed my time with them. Based off my experience with them, they are an easy yes please tier team for me. I probably could have put them in their own god tier, but Detroit had such a dominant season that I would love to be there too. The Berserkers have an amazing locker room full of some of my friends on the site from long ago, and while being there, I have made some new friends as well. They easily have one of the best locker rooms I have been in on the site, especially in juniors. They have gotten me excited to be apart of SHL and to build Slate into a star. They surprised people this season, and they have an almost full roster of active players at every position. I would be able to grow into a winger behind amazing players and given opportunities to gain more ice time. Right now, the Berserkers are easily my number one team that I want to play for, and it is not particularly close. Things can change, but it will take a lot to knock them off the top spot.
[/b][/u][/u][/b]

Code:
1550 Words - 2x Draft Media

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

hm might have to draft you

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Smile enjoyed our scouting chats with you as well.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]