Create Account

Colorado Raptors Draft Review
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2020, 11:40 PM by Mack.)

2x Draft Media Bonus

Colorado Raptors Draft Review

[Image: 9tLwfuH.png?1]

The Colorado Raptors are under new management with NONAME taking over the head role and LordBirdMan as the Co-GM. This was their first big test on the draft floor and they had a great draft selecting 9 players in total. Let's take a look at the players they picked this season:

1st Round - 5th Overall: Colorado Raptors - Guðmundur Kristjánsson - Fluw - Right Wing  Raptors

The 6'1 Right Winger from Reykjavík, Iceland was someone on the new managements radar early on. He has played on a previous player with our new GM on the San Francisco Pride in the SHL so they must have a solid bond. Kristjánsson is known for his amazing puck handling skills and his ability to read the zone in the offensive end. He is not much of a defensive player right now but he will have some time to develop his game. He was playing in the GET-Ligaen league for the past 3 ways in Norway for the Stormhamar Dragons and he was an absolute dominant force. His 17 year old season he finished with 56 goals and 128 points in only 43 games. Look out for this guy to be leading the league in scoring in a season or two. Very solid pick with a really high chance of maxing TPE in his junior career.

2nd Round - 14th Overall: Colorado Raptors  - Terrence "Big Terry" Smith - puljujarvi98 - Defense  Raptors

This massive boy at 6'7, 210 Pounds from Palm Springs CA United States plays defense but is known for his offensive play. His speed is probably the fastest of anyone in the draft at 15 already. He has a very high offensive read but will need to spend some more time working on his defensive read. He is young and has tons of time to improve and is clearly very dedicated. This is a first gen player and it's great to see him drafted here as he has really put in the hard work. Big Terry has spent some time in the BCHL for Victoria gaining lots of experience outside of his South California U18 league experience. This past season he has 23 points in only 9 games in the Vancouver Midget Prep tourny. This first time player looks to be making a name for himself as one of the best first gens to come out of this draft.
3rd Round - 24th Overall: Colorado Raptors  - Mack Daddy - Mack - Center  Raptors

This is me. I am a center that is trying to play a power forward type game. I will cap TPE for sure and am very happy to be picked up here by the Raptors. I play a gritty game in front of the net and have a fun time getting in the dirty areas of the game. I will need to bump my stamina up and work on my total game but I play a well rounded game right now and am expecting to have a great rookie season. The Raptors are getting a dedicated player and it will be fun to watch this new Mack play in the FHM era. Thank you one more time to the Raptors!

3rd Round - 30th Overall: Colorado Raptors - Asclepius Perseus Flitterwind - CaptainCrazy - Right Wing  Raptors

Here we have another big young man at 6'3 213 pounds coming out of Rīga, Latvia. Flitterwind has one of the best names in the draft and CaptainCrazy has been around for about 4 years on the site. His last player Gvidas Kazlauskas was amazing in the SMJHL with a 39 point rookie season that included 19 goals. His career lasted 8 season in the SHL and it looks like he is a lock to max TPE and make a great SMJHL player. His shooting accuracy is off the charts with 13 points already he is really an offensively minded player like most of the players drafted so far. Look for this winger eat up big minutes in the coming seasons for the Raptors.
4th Round - 34th Overall: Colorado Raptors  - Ryan Rieley - Brandon - Left Wing  Raptors

Next up is Ryan Rieley from Syracuse in the United States. He is 6'4 210 pounds and plays left wing but shoots right. He can hit and throw his body around nicely which will come in handy in those corner battles for puck possession. The user Brandon made Rieley and he is a HOFer from the past who has won multiple cups including way back in S2. He is a real OG on the site and it's amazing we were able to get him on the Raptors. He knows what it takes to build a great player and hopefully he is in it for the long haul this time around again. I don't know much about him but he is a great artist and makes some really nice signatures. The cool thing about a big draft like this is how it can bring together all types of people. From legends like Brandon to first gen players like Big Terry this draft is amazing.
5th Round - 44th Overall: Colorado Raptors  - Mertin Brodeur - KarrdisBored - Goalie  Raptors

Another first gen player here as we have the great "Mertin" Brodeur. A Canadian goalie who is brand new to the SHL but has been very active already working his butt off to earn all the TPE he can. Right now Colorado has some amazing goaltending but they won't be here forever so it's great to have Brodeur in the pipelines. I can't wait to practice against this guy and see what he is made of. He is a very balanced goalie with 12 points in his Blocker, Glove, Low Shots and Reflexes. Hopefully we can get him in a few games in the season and work his butt off in practice. Keep an eye on this guy in the future as he stands out as a future great SMJHLer.
6th Round - 54th Overall: Colorado Raptors  - Lord Raiden - Jumbobone19 - Center  Raptors

Love the name of this guy Lord Raiden is a 6'1, 210 pound center from Washington DC, United States. He is a brand new user to the site and came to us from the the reddit post on the /r/caps site. We have had some of our best users come from reddit so let's hope this guy is one of the next. He has been great in the locker room so far already and I am glad we got this guy. He is a Tom Wilson fan and he is a monster in the Faceoff dot. He can screen and get in front of the net at will. He doesn't check much right now but as he grows into his body and develops more we might see him round his game in this area as well. Lord Raiden will be winning draws and in your face all night long making your life miserable.
7th Round - 64th Overall: Colorado Raptors  - Jed Mosely Jr. - JayTee - Defense  Raptors

6 foot 2, 210 pounds from the great city of Chicago, IL, USA. Jed Mosley Jr is another first gen that management took a chance on with this late pick here in the 7th round. So far he has not created an update thread but he has been very active earning TPE and we all know the site is a bit hard to understand as a new user. Management will help him get on track updating everything and he will be a star in no time. He has been online today and active and I think this could end up being a steal of a pick. This Left shooting defenseman like to play the right side on the point. He is a puckhandling beast and has great positioning, always seeming to be in the right place at the right time. HE can skate well but needs to add a bit more to his physical game as he ages to make a huge impact in the SMJHL and I think he will. Great pick and good luck to this first gen player!

8th Round - 74th Overall: Colorado Raptors  - Juris Berzina - ThoProce - Left Wing  Raptors

The final pick for the Raptors in this draft is a late create who just showed up 2 days ago. Who knows what we have here in this left winger from Talsi, Latvia. He is active though and if you can get an active player down here in the draft that is a great pickup. His build is very balanced across the board right now and his strengths really are his Stamina and his physical strength itself. He is 6'3 and 225 pounds of pure muscle already. What the hell are they feeding these kids nowadays? Hopefully Berzina is making noise for years to come in the SMJHL.

This was a great draft for a lot of teams and it's too early to declare winners and losers. That being said the Raptors had a great night and I am really happy to be a part of this team. Last year was a rough year but with new managers who have a strong passion for winning I think the Raptors have a very bright future.
[Image: DiNZNei.png?1]

2x Draft Media Bonus

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

Let's go babyyyy Raptors

Falcons Canada
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2020, 01:50 PM by Jumbobone19. Edit Reason: New Sig )

Raptors Raptors Raptors Lets GO!

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

Raptors Raptors Raptors

[Image: IYqjgDl.png]

Great article! Raptors

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Heyyyy dino gang Raptors

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Let's go baby Raptors

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

Raptors lookin good!

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

@Mack best of luck with the new player my brother.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

You guys had a great draft. Looking forward to that Dino - Tree final in a few seasons

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]