Create Account

QOL Thing for the Player Builder
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2020, 04:41 PM by MCP_.)

I noticed that for the defensive ratings on many player pages, it doesn't match the order of the player builder. Using my page as an example:
[Image: KSz8J7W.png]

Compare that to the player builder:

[Image: 4eK7WY6.png]

Basically, just make the player builder match that of the template of a player page

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

I second this.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Yeah i noticed that too, weird

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

05-19-2020, 04:38 PMMCP_ Wrote: I noticed that for the defensive ratings on many player pages, it doesn't match the order of the player builder. Using my page as an example:

Basically, just make the player builder match that of the template of a player page

I think the issue is the player build tool was made using the front facing order of the attributes on FHM but the order when inputting the attributes into FHM is different for some reason.

I don't know why we don't just use the back-end attribute order everywhere on the site though. I doubt most people are going into the sim and comparing their stats to what is on their player page and even so, if it's out of order for them it's just a slight inconvenience.

There's probably a bigger issue I'm missing.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

05-19-2020, 04:45 PMTommySalami Wrote:
05-19-2020, 04:38 PMMCP_ Wrote: I noticed that for the defensive ratings on many player pages, it doesn't match the order of the player builder. Using my page as an example:

I think the issue is the player build tool was made using the front facing order of the attributes on FHM but the order when inputting the attributes into FHM is different for some reason.

I don't know why we don't just use the back-end attribute order everywhere on the site though. I doubt most people are going into the sim and comparing their stats to what is on their player page and even so, if it's out of order for them it's just a slight inconvenience.

There's probably a bigger issue I'm missing.

yes, so teddy made this for the front end attribute order, and we switcehd the output to match the backend order so that the file workers make far fewer mistakes. We probably should swap around the order on the front of the player building tool to

It's basically a bunch of work to reorganize, it's possible but hasn't been a big priority.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

05-21-2020, 05:33 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: It's basically a bunch of work to reorganize, it's possible but hasn't been a big priority.

I think I got it on the dev server, can some people go here and test for me? Tell me if you see any issues. If not I can move it to the regular site.
http://dev.simulationhockey.com/playerbuilder.php

05-21-2020, 06:37 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote:
05-21-2020, 05:33 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: It's basically a bunch of work to reorganize, it's possible but hasn't been a big priority.

I think I got it on the dev server, can some people go here and test for me? Tell me if you see any issues. If not I can move it to the regular site.
I didn't see any glaring issues just messing with it for 30 seconds Tongue

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]

Checked and it looks good to me too.

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

05-21-2020, 06:37 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote:

Looks good, the goalie side change also appreciated.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

Now live on the regular server.