[Image: xz6VWNR.png]

[Image: v4hFfb6.png]

[Image: K5EPcRO.png]

[Image: jOHLScZ.png]

[Image: 1YK3xiF.png]

[Image: ggigdV7.png]

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]

The layout/composition is cool. I like what you did with the numbers.
What brings this down a bit is most of the faces are over-sharpened, which is even more visible with the rest of the body being blurry. Not quite sure it works in this case. I would go with a less sharp, but uniform render.

These are legit. Nice work!

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

05-20-2020, 06:26 PMboubabi Wrote: The layout/composition is cool. I like what you did with the numbers.
What brings this down a bit is most of the faces are over-sharpened, which is even more visible with the rest of the body being blurry. Not quite sure it works in this case. I would go with a less sharp, but uniform render.
Yeah, I had a hard time trying to find a good balance with that. This was my first time making sigs with a shorter height and I was worried that the renders would be tough to see but I went kinda overboard lol. I usually tend to stick with bigger renders for that reason

[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2020, 11:31 PM by boubabi.)

05-20-2020, 07:59 PMrum_ham Wrote:
05-20-2020, 06:26 PMboubabi Wrote: The layout/composition is cool. I like what you did with the numbers.
Yeah, I had a hard time trying to find a good balance with that. This was my first time making sigs with a shorter height and I was worried that the renders would be tough to see but I went kinda overboard lol. I usually tend to stick with bigger renders for that reason

From my experience with this kind of canvas, I tend to go left to right as a focal point. So my render as to be in a position where it would be natural for me to look to a direction

[Image: aBGJpJ5K_o.png]

Or, you can focus more on the face of the render

[Image: sg7Xfah8_o.png]
[Image: uyN9zPJ.png]
[Image: xOiWf0Q.png]
[Image: 51xsI9B4_o.jpg]
[Image: DZBTNLlS_o.jpg]
[Image: jgArEw85_o.jpg]
[Image: XYaRDPqX_o.jpg]

I think this sig has some resembling components
[Image: Pb53A5dc_o.jpg]

Those aren't perfect, but it's just an example of some of my attempts at smaller sigs

05-20-2020, 11:29 PMboubabi Wrote:
05-20-2020, 07:59 PMrum_ham Wrote: Yeah, I had a hard time trying to find a good balance with that. This was my first time making sigs with a shorter height and I was worried that the renders would be tough to see but I went kinda overboard lol. I usually tend to stick with bigger renders for that reason

From my experience with this kind of canvas, I tend to go left to right as a focal point. So my render as to be in a position where it would be natural for me to look to a direction

[Image: aBGJpJ5K_o.png]

Or, you can focus more on the face of the render

[Image: sg7Xfah8_o.png]
[Image: uyN9zPJ.png]
[Image: xOiWf0Q.png]
[Image: 51xsI9B4_o.jpg]
[Image: DZBTNLlS_o.jpg]
[Image: jgArEw85_o.jpg]
[Image: XYaRDPqX_o.jpg]

I think this sig has some resembling components
[Image: Pb53A5dc_o.jpg]

Those aren't perfect, but it's just an example of some of my attempts at smaller sigs
Damn, those are nice  Bowdown

How do you keep the smaller renders so clear without overdoing the sharpness? Is just about messing around until you find the right balance? I was using a unsharp/curves/high pass/threshold mask on all of these renders, I probably just went overboard

Yeah, those are all valid techniques. For me, smart sharpen works pretty well, but some things are meant to be smooth/blurry. I would probably sharpen my render at first and then just build layers on top of it, not necessarily at the end of everything