Create Account

New England Wolfpack Punishment

05-20-2020, 05:20 AMMutedfaith Wrote:
05-20-2020, 05:14 AMKatth Wrote: Page 21 and counting...
Im only on page 7. Fix your settings.

50 posts per page Gang rise up

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

05-20-2020, 02:05 AMSpartanGibbles Wrote: Recipe time. A bit late to this one since I was asleep when it all started but back to provide a recipe nonetheless. This time I'm following up to @BarnabasCollins coney sauce recipe with my own family one(Also tagging @Nictox as a fellow Michigander). I promised to get him this back when we were both GM's but I never got around to writing it down. My familes style is more of a Flint Style sauce compared to Barnabas. I don't have any pictures for this one as I haven't made it in a while. This one requires a bit more equipment to make than expected, but it's stuff we have always had since we pass down the recipe. It makes a decent amount of sauce that we usually freeze for a while.

Gibbles Family Coney Sauce

Ingredients:

8 oz Kogels Beef Hotdogs(Gotta be all beef and Kogels is just the brand we always use in Michigan)
16 oz of Ground Chuck or Chuck Steak
8 oz of Beef Heart
1 Tablespoon of Garlic Powder
1 1/2 Tablespoon of Cumin
1 Tablespoon of Salt
1/2 Tablespoon of Black Pepper
3 Tablespoons of Paprika
1 Tablespoon of Chili Powder
1 Tablespoon of Corn Starch
1 Large Sweet Onion
1 Cup of Beef Tallow(You can use Lard or Crisco here as well, it just isn't as flavorful)
1-2 Cups of Water

What You Need

Cutting Board
Chefs Knife
Meat Grinder(You could do it in a food processor but it wont be nearly as good. Since we do this in my family we always had one.)
Measuring Spoons/Cups
1 Large Bowl
Large Saucepan or Pot with cover
Stove/Heating Element

Instructions:

1.  Put your Beef Heart/Chuck Steak/Beef Hotdogs in the freezer for roughly 40 minutes to 1 hour prior to starting. We want it to be firm so it can be ground easily.

2. Use your Chef's knife to finely chop or mince your onion. You want this to be pretty small pieces. Once minced, set aside while we prepare to grind the meat.

3. Take the Meat out of the freezer and cut any larger portions into 1 inch slices or cubes(This will depend more on what type of meat grinder you have, be sure to figure this out before starting). Use your meat grinder to grind the Beef Heart, Chuck Steak(If you didn't just buy pre-ground chuck), and Beef Hotdogs(You can also just mince these by hand or use a food processor if you want, we have always just ground them with a meat grinder to get smaller pieces) into your large bowl.

4. Add the Salt, Black Pepper, and Garlic Powder to the Meat Mixture and mix well to incorporate. I usually use my hands to do this part, so either grab some gloves or just dig in. Be sure to wash your hands after to avoid cross contamination.

5. Add your Beef Tallow to the large saucepan/pot and begin to heat up. Add your minced onions to the Tallow and cook for a few minutes on high. Let the onions really start to sweat and turn translucent. You could also let them caramelize if you have extra time, but normally I don't.

6. Once the onions are cooked add your meat mixture to the saucepan and mix. We are not looking to brown the meat like you would with tacos or something similar

7. Add your Cumin, Chili Powder, Corn Starch, and Paprika to the pan. Add water until it is almost covering the meat and mix everything well. Let this simmer on medium-low heat, covered, for roughly 30-40 minutes, stirring every few minutes to make sure nothing is burning on the bottom of the pan.

8. As the sauce is cooking we are looking to reduce it to a pretty thick consistency with a more meat based appearance. That's the best way I can describe it, I will put an example of what I mean below at the end. You really just want almost no lose liquid in the sauce.

9. Once the sauce is cooked you are all set to serve on top of some Kogel Hotdogs(You want the stuff with the natural casing that has a snap when you bite into it) with some mustard and fresh onions. It's not unheard of to also add some shredded cheese as well.

Thanks for following along with one of my favorite family recipes growing up. Coney's are a bit of a tradition in Michigan and it's something my family really like to make.

Pic below is not my sauce but just one for a reference to how it should look when reduced and ready to serve.
[Image: angelos-coney-island-sauce-83197bad2e15248c7e000862.jpg]

Definitely gonna try this, keep em coming

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

05-20-2020, 06:05 AMInf1d3l Wrote:
05-20-2020, 05:20 AMMutedfaith Wrote: Im only on page 7. Fix your settings.

I bet he doesn't even use dark mode for the forums either

Bold take...

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

@Wasty

Seriously, while the amount of salt in this thread would season a few nice medium rares, you wanna talk fine cuisine in a thread where they are drooling over a hotdog covered in what looks like bread crumbs. Thats what it is, a gourmet hotfog. Youve all been distracted by hotdogs, each and everyone are now by default mentally Phil Kessel to me.

Change my mind.

A GM just got himself fired, and while his appeal, should work, rules are rules. I imagine a fair few GMs would be up in arms should he allowed off, could one imagine scott free. This would require coordination and trust with his partner, his CoGM, which as I can attest to, is lacking at times. I think this could have been easily prevented, not only by Ace, but by HO. Its a simple goddamn practice, to update that pick tracker, not only for yourself, but for the league as a whole and really its a fucking joke that this thread is even happening.

Ace trips two wires in one night and Head Office technically has to fire him. Having helped write, update, and word both the SHL and SMJHL rulebooks, I looked for loopholes and technicalities like this, knowing this was possible, but thinking, no way, no way could someone HFFO themselves out of a job completely and was shut down when I discussed it in HO. Now that its actually happened as I JUST come back to the league again, is just...fucking hilarious to me.

Should Ace get off from this? Not completely, some small punsihment, yes. Severe, no, mistakes can easily be made. Dont remove him from the Head GM job, or if you want to see a TD hit 50 pages again, fucking watch me.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2020, 01:24 AM by teztify.)

05-20-2020, 11:55 PMMac Wrote: @Wasty

Seriously, while the amount of salt in this thread would season a few nice medium rares, you wanna talk fine cuisine in a thread where they are drooling over a hotdog covered in what looks like bread crumbs. Thats what it is, a gourmet hotfog. Youve all been distracted by hotdogs, each and everyone are now by default mentally Phil Kessel to me.

Change my mind.

A GM just got himself fired, and while his appeal, should work, rules are rules. I imagine a fair few GMs would be up in arms should he allowed off, could one imagine scott free. This would require coordination and trust with his partner, his CoGM, which as I can attest to, is lacking at times. I think this could have been easily prevented, not only by Ace, but by HO. Its a simple goddamn practice, to update that pick tracker, not only for yourself, but for the league as a whole and really its a fucking joke that this thread is even happening.

Ace trips two wires in one night and Head Office technically has to fire him. Having helped write, update, and word both the SHL and SMJHL rulebooks, I looked for loopholes and technicalities like this,  knowing this was possible, but thinking, no way, no way could someone HFFO themselves out of a job completely and was shut down when I discussed it in HO. Now that its actually happened as I JUST come back to the league again, is just...fucking hilarious to me.

Should Ace get off from this? Not completely, some small punsihment, yes. Severe, no, mistakes can easily be made. Dont remove him from the Head GM job, or if you want to see a TD hit 50 pages again, fucking watch me.

Cool TD threats Mac, we're all very impressed.

His appeal was already successful hours before you posted this and there's a lengthy thread about it. Also IIRC, others have attested to the fact that the pick tracker was accurate with respect to this pick when it happened. I could be wrong on that, but I don't think so.

Great efforts though.

05-21-2020, 01:19 AMteztify Wrote:

Change my mind.

Ace trips two wires in one night and Head Office technically has to fire him. Having helped write, update, and word both the SHL and SMJHL rulebooks, I looked for loopholes and technicalities like this,  knowing this was possible, but thinking, no way, no way could someone HFFO themselves out of a job completely and was shut down when I discussed it in HO. Now that its actually happened as I JUST come back to the league again, is just...fucking hilarious to me.

Cool TD threats Mac, we're all very impressed.

His appeal was already successful hours before you posted this and there's a lengthy thread about it. Also IIRC, others have attested to the fact that the pick tracker was accurate with respect to this pick when it happened. I could be wrong on that, but I don't think so.

Great efforts though.

Wow, HO gets shit processed fast these days, kudos.

Change my mind.

Mac shut up

[Image: zNTg4Ew.png]
thanks @suavemente !

05-21-2020, 01:56 AMJHS Wrote:

Change my mind.

Mac shut up
SHL unity

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Change my mind.

Why did you tag me?

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

05-21-2020, 02:23 AMWasty Wrote:

Change my mind.

Why did you tag me?

@Wasty

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

05-21-2020, 03:28 AMJNH Wrote:
05-21-2020, 02:23 AMWasty Wrote: Why did you tag me?

@Wasty

But why are we tagging @Wasty?

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]