Create Account

Updater Punishment to Trautner/NeonLime/SpartanGibbles

That’s genuinely a season of updating for some updaters, I get him missing it is a big issue but for him to get fined (officially) more than Serpe who created this whole issue is genuinely head-scratching.

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

why punish according to amount of weeks has passed since the infraction occurred? are updaters expected to audit every player they update for?

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

The Trautner fine is way too much (I’m pretty sure it’s more than what Serpe got, not including the wasted money on extra training).

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

1mil sad

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

trash

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

I can't speak for the others that were fined, but I'm not going to appeal the punishment. I messed up on it and should have caught it. Normally when I updated I was super cautious of this thing and must have missed it. My bad.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

05-19-2020, 09:32 PMjfisherr Wrote: That’s genuinely a season of updating for some updaters, I get him missing it is a big issue but for him to get fined (officially) more than Serpe who created this whole issue is genuinely head-scratching.
Average pay for an updater was 14M in S52. So a 50% pay cut sounds like a fine fine to me. The real problem here is the way that updater money is distributed, with 3 updaters in that season taking over 100M combined home.

And Serpe also lost the money he spent on the extra trainings, got a 10 game suspension and a 15 TPE bonus fine. Only thing they could've added there was fire him from his job or take his first born.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

05-19-2020, 11:31 PMJustice Wrote: why punish according to amount of weeks has passed since the infraction occurred? are updaters expected to audit every player they update for?
They didn't punish him for the time passed since the infraction. He did this multiple times, and it was missed in all those weeks.

05-20-2020, 02:07 AMMutedfaith Wrote:
05-19-2020, 09:32 PMjfisherr Wrote: That’s genuinely a season of updating for some updaters, I get him missing it is a big issue but for him to get fined (officially) more than Serpe who created this whole issue is genuinely head-scratching.
Average pay for an updater was 14M in S52. So a 50% pay cut sounds like a fine fine to me. The real problem here is the way that updater money is distributed, with 3 updaters in that season taking over 100M combined home.

And Serpe also lost the money he spent on the extra trainings, got a 10 game suspension and a 15 TPE bonus fine. Only thing they could've added there was fire him from his job or take his first born.

Take away those 3 outliers and I’m sure 7M is pretty close to the average season of pay for the average updater. Yes I’m aware Serpe lost the money for his trainings, which is why I added the “(officially)” in my prior post. Just don’t like the view of the official HO fine being larger for the updater than the guy who actually caused this whole thing

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2020, 06:58 AM by Mutedfaith.)

05-20-2020, 06:24 AMjfisherr Wrote:
05-20-2020, 02:07 AMMutedfaith Wrote: Average pay for an updater was 14M in S52. So a 50% pay cut sounds like a fine fine to me. The real problem here is the way that updater money is distributed, with 3 updaters in that season taking over 100M combined home.

Take away those 3 outliers and I’m sure 7M is pretty close to the average season of pay for the average updater. Yes I’m aware Serpe lost the money for his trainings, which is why I added the “(officially)” in my prior post. Just don’t like the view of the official HO fine being larger for the updater than the guy who actually caused this whole thing
Take away those outliers, and the pay might've been evenly distributed.

If we don't want to raise fines (like, for instance the GM fines of a couple mil to people with 80M bankaccounts) based on bankaccount / income then we shouldn't lower other fines based on those same factors either.
And if missing it once constitutes a 1M fine, I'm perfectly fine with raising the fine for each subsequent mistake a little so the total fine comes out higher.

I don't really like the idea of the fine for the updater being higher than for the guy who caused it either. But we can't really go back and raise that earlier fine now, can we?
Also, I don't think you should look at the fine on its own, but to the punishment as a whole. And the other elements of Serpe's punishment were a lot harsher than 'just' a fine.

Applied

[Image: lazer2.png]

@Mutedfaith of you’d like to apply for a job and do your share of updating over 333 individual updates in roughly 8 weeks, lemme know, I’m always looking for eager updaters.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

HO bad

[Image: capybar22_600.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2020, 09:44 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

05-22-2020, 08:19 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: @Mutedfaith of you’d like to apply for a job and do your share of updating over 333 individual updates in roughly 8 weeks, lemme know, I’m always looking for eager updaters.

Not to mention Trautner did everything else perfectly and the only time he messed up was with this one player who two others messed up with as well.

Fine him sure, but maybe not this much and honestly anyone who shits on updaters can fuck off. It's a job nobody wants to do. Remember when Gcook tried saying it was easy and he'd whip the update team into shape? Lmao

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Why haven't we heard of Trautner's appeal yet ? I know he did it the day it was announced. Ace punishment was appealed in less than 24h and yet we are still waiting for this one? Why is this not treated as seriously as the other punishment ?

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]