Create Account

Updater Punishment to Trautner/NeonLime/SpartanGibbles

05-22-2020, 08:19 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: @Mutedfaith of you’d like to apply for a job and do your share of updating over 333 individual updates in roughly 8 weeks, lemme know, I’m always looking for eager updaters.

I wish I could. But my availability on weekends isnt consistent enough. Most weekends I don't even see a computer or laptop, and do everything from my phone. Updater is probably the one job I wouldn't want to do on my phone. 
And I don't apply for jobs when I already know I don't have the time for it. Because I don't want to be the guy who updates three people in an entire season.

Don't take my comments here as shitting on the job of updater tho. Lot of respect for the importance of it. But it's that importance that somewhat justifies paying such good money for it. And that should also lead to responsibility and a thorough check of the input.

If the problem here is that there are not enough updaters to get the job done in the current time frame, I'm sure noone will object to putting out an app to get more updaters. You did so in January and judging by the thread got like 10 applications.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Interview is this where you get an updater job?

RETIRED

05-22-2020, 10:15 PMEvok Wrote: Why haven't we heard of Trautner's appeal yet ? I know he did it the day it was announced. Ace punishment was appealed in less than 24h and yet we are still waiting for this one? Why is this not treated as seriously as the other punishment ?
Ace's appeal was extremely pressing with gm tasks being due a day later, Trautner hasn't even had the money taken from his bank yet. Some appeals also take more debate than others.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Way to go @Trautner

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2020, 01:11 PM by Blastmeaway.)

05-23-2020, 03:00 AMMutedfaith Wrote:
05-22-2020, 08:19 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: @Mutedfaith of you’d like to apply for a job and do your share of updating over 333 individual updates in roughly 8 weeks, lemme know, I’m always looking for eager updaters.

I wish I could. But my availability on weekends isnt consistent enough. Most weekends I don't even see a computer or laptop, and do everything from my phone. Updater is probably the one job I wouldn't want to do on my phone. 
And I don't apply for jobs when I already know I don't have the time for it. Because I don't want to be the guy who updates three people in an entire season.

Don't take my comments here as shitting on the job of updater tho. Lot of respect for the importance of it. But it's that importance that somewhat justifies paying such good money for it. And that should also lead to responsibility and a thorough check of the input.

If the problem here is that there are not enough updaters to get the job done in the current time frame, I'm sure noone will object to putting out an app to get more updaters. You did so in January and judging by the thread got like 10 applications.

There is no problem acquiring updaters, if I need more I post a hiring application. I just want you and everyone else out there who talk down about the aspects of updating, to know that my inbox is always open for an application or conversation. I just don’t take it lightly when someone shits on the someone who is doing the most mundane and medical task on this site. Updaters used to be paid a shit amount and during my tenure in the Updating Department I’ve made sure that people get paid for the work they’ve done.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]