Create Account

Burkholder Heads to the Firebirds 434 words

(Joecool37 goes up to the podium)

Joecool37: With the 38th pick in the Season Nine Draft the Prince George Firebird select from Detroit, Michigan….Neil Burkholder

Bob McKenize: The Firebirds are getting a good two way defender in the middle of the draft. He has the perfect size you look for he is six foot three, he does need to add a little bit of weight only weighing one hundred and ninety three pounds, but his positives outweigh his negatives. He is arguably the best all-around defender in this year’s draft. He can lay the body, he is good on his own end, and overall he is a solid #2 to #4 defender right now.

Pierre McGuire: I agree Bob he is a great value type player and this is what the Firebirds normally do they take a flyer on a guy and we have seen they normally end up being successful and winning Championships.

Bob McKenize: Well that’s the thing Pierre where ever this kid goes they end up winning championship imagine if Neil can live up to his potential for the Birds its going to be devastating for teams to score. Lets take it to Darren who is sitting with Neil.

Darren Dregger: Here we are the the last pick in the sixth round, Neil Burkholder, welcome to the NWJHL how does it feel to be drafted?

Neil Burkholder: I’ve finally lived my dream to be drafted some kids who were just drafted were complaining they got drafted, I’m happy I was able to get drafted by one of the most historic NWJHL teams in the league. I’m excited that my dream of playing in the SHL is coming up and I have to keep playing good and hard so I can live my dream and suiting up for playing professional hockey this is my first step and I want us to win a championship in Prince George.

Darren Dregger: What was it like being drafted?

Neil Burkholder: It was amazing, its had to explain but I’ve been looking forward to this moment for the last twelve years, now that it has happened its just a surreal experience.

Darren Dregger: What are your goals now of being in Prince George?

Neil Burkholder: Winning a championship that is my goal, I want to win a championship if it’s from being a water boy, or playing first line, as long as I can help my team I will be satisfied. It’s rich in tradition and I’m just proud they gave me a chance, and I wont let the city and the team down.

go birds!

looking forward to receiving outlet passes from you all season long! Cheers

Quote:Originally posted by AAndrews19@Jul 9 2012, 10:06 PM
go birds!

looking forward to receiving outlet passes from you all season long! Cheers

Yes sir!
Cheers
Firebirds Firebirds Firebirds

Welcome to the team! Firebirds

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

great to have you here in Firebirds