Create Account

SMJHL Offseason Time-Waster - New Home

So you've now been drafted and are beginning in to settle into your new SMJHL home. As the time to finally hit the ice approaches, what is your player most looking forward to about their new city and/or team?

Written option: Talk about what is most exciting to you about the new location you are moving to, whether it's hockey-related or regarding the area itself (25+ words).

Reward
1 TPE for doing the thing.

Only S54 SMJHL Rookies (S55 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.

Do NOT claim TPE for this task until a post has been made in the claim thread.

Deadline
Sunday, May 24th at 11:59 PM EST

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Asclepius lives in Colorado only since Monday but he definitely feels like this is his home. He lives in a small flat next to the Raptors' arena which is one of the biggest and most modern arena he has ever seen. He hopes that he will have a chance to stay here for his whole SMJHL career.

[Image: 47052_s.gif]
[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Moving to Carolina has been a stark and sudden change for Foley. One of the most exciting and strange things for Foley is the weather. Alberta--southern Alberta specifically--is known for unpredictable weather. Foley's flight back to Carolina in between the end of the playoffs and the draft was delayed due to snow. In May. The weather presents itself many opportunities and obstacles. Foley must wonder if there is a chance of being able to use outdoor swimming pools year round, or if outdoor rinks will be a thing for practices. While outdoor rinks most likely aren't in his future, being able to sunbathe in the hot sun, when it isn't raining of course, is something the young defender is looking forward to for his stay in Charlotte. His poor knowledge on geography doesn't help him figure this out, but it is something he is going to embrace in Carolina.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

There are a few things that Lassi Suhonen is excited about experiencing in his move to Newfoundland. Being screeched in, shooting moose with his good pal @ByrdeMan and going to a Donnie Dumphey concert to have a time are probably topping the list.

I look forward to the team itself. The Berserkers are deep and every player is continuing to train. Next season every player will be at 350 TPE with the majority being over 425 TPE. This team is deep and ready for a multiple season Four Stars Cup Run. In terms of location, I love the ocean side views. It is a quiet but beautiful location.

Code:
65 Words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

The biggest difference in moving to Colorado from Iceland would have to be the different amount of cuisine there is to try, I am worried I am going to gain a lot of weight playing for the Raptors which may or may not be a bad thing.

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Living in Colorado has been a treat so far as I have the Rocky Mountains so close now. I plan on spending as much time as I can in the mountains and expand my love of cave exploring/rock climbing and eating different mushrooms I find. I hope to attend the Colorado Burlesque Festival this year as well in Denver.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

Best thing about being in Colorado for Mosley Jr is being around the group that will form the Colorado Raptors. Mosley has already gotten some good workouts in with the group and have been building a good bond off the ice with team dinners and activities.

46 words

Moving to Detroit hasn't been that much of a shock. Kolja has been to Detroit on several previous occasions due to several of his family members being a part of the organization. Kolja is most excited for the food Detroit has to offer.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

The largest difference between Saskatchewan and Carolina would probably be the weather and location. Especially since Carolina is on the coast, whereas the most water you saw in Saskatchewan was maybe a puddle or two in the ditch on the highway. The team is ready to have a solid season so the energy in the stadiums should be amazing, and fun to play in.

I am thrilled to be in Detroit for several reasons, but the biggest one is that my very good friend Grant Iridian recently opened a new baseball franchise in Detroit. Now I get to live near him and we can attend each others' games, and I couldn't be happier.

Going to Vancouver is a double-edged sword. I love the team, the players, and overall what is going on there. One of the most beautiful places to play in North America. The problem is that it's too fucking expensive. Between training and all that going on. I'm not happy my apartment is under 500 sq ft and costs three quarters of a million dollars. Good thing I'll be spending most of my time on the ice!

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

Something that I am most excited for in Vancouver is the whales. Whales are the largest mammal and they have barnacles on their bellies, thats frickin sick dude. I'm also excited to move to the new city and meet new people. I bet those whales are gonna be super sick when I see them....

(55 words)

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

Basher is excited to return to Vancouver! Vancouver is much prettier than Newmarket with much more to do and explore. Being by the water was his favourite pass-time while he was a DFA.
33 words :3

[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Balzams is excited for the big city of Saint Louis itself. Growing up in Latvia, he always dreamed of living in a city with tens of thousands of people. Just being in this town is enough to make his brain explode.

41 words

[Image: oPVEBnn.png]
Credit to Wasty
[Image: wolfpack3.png]
Credit to Sulovilen