Create Account

Nat Emerson BAP Captaincy Presser
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2020, 11:24 PM by Thelastheraclid.)

(ready for grading)

I am absolutely honored to be named the first captain of the Platoon after our move to Baltimore. I am ready to answer any questions you have.

(please ask a lot. IRL I am going to be in a legit two week quarantine in a couple days)

Code:
You have just been named Baltimore's captain and are their #1 defenseman, but this is also your last season before beginning regression. What are you hoping for this season at your peak and the following seasons?

My biggest hope for this season is for the Platoon to get back into the playoffs and make a deep run. We have a great team full of young active players and some aging vets that still aren't quite over the hill. Personally, my hope is to at least get a Bojo nom. I came awfully close this year but just missed out on the nomination. Most likely this will be my most productive year points wise and with regression that play will fade out before my defensive skills. Partly because I have always been a defense first guy and partly to help the young guys refine their players without having to worry about carrying my old ass if they are paired with me.

Code:
How have you been enjoying the SHL since you first started?

Thoughts on your former SMJHL team, the Detroit Falcons winning the 4 star?

My start with the SHL was a little rocky. I signed up right before a draft and then couldn't log on again for a bit because of life. When I jumped back on I found out I went undrafted and felt a little discouraged. BUT I was lucky to be signed in free agency by you and have been having a blast since then. I'm not the most active guy but I have met some awesome people and really feel lucky to be a part of this great community.

To your second question, first and foremost, SKREE! I am very happy that Detroit was able to win the 4 star. It is an honor that I was very close to but never quite able to achieve. I'll always have a spot in my heart for the Falcons.

Code:
How do you make kimchi?

It is something that I am trying to figure out myself. My mother in law or sister in law are the ones who always gift it to me. I have tried making it once so I can tell you what I did. First you are going to need a bunch of napa cabbage and salt. I filled a bowl with water added the salted and cabbage and let it sit there for about an hour and a half. Later my MIL said to skip the water and just massage salt into the cabbage and leave it over night. Next you add your spicy paste and some other sliced veggies (which varies depending on the family/brand). The paste is a mixture of gochujang, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, sesame oil?, sugar, and sesame seeds. I am not a huge seafood guy so I left out the oyster/fish sauce and the fermented shrimp paste but apparently that's how my MIL makes it so I should have just used it. Then once you mix the paste and cabbage together and put it all in an air tight container. Let it sit out for a couple days to ferment at room temperature then thrown it in the fridge. The longer it sits at room temp the funkier it will be. There are a lot of recipes out there if you want to try it out. The Bon Appetit youtube channel has a good video about making it. Mine was mostly experimental and still came out alright.

Code:
now that i selected you in fantasy, how likely are you to disappoint me?

how many hotdogs?

It seems to me that whenever I feel confident going into a season I end up failing to meet expectations. So, on a disappointment scale of 1 to Alexandre Daigle I'd say Yakupov.

Just hotdogs? No other cookout items? Four at least. Throw those hot dogs into budae jjigae (the best Korean dish) at least 6.

Code:
First off, congrats for breaking 1500 TPE! It's good to see another first-gen from S44 doing big things!

Second, what has been the highlight of your career so far? You've largely been a quiet user--of the other S45 SHL class people, I feel like I've interacted with you the least. What keeps you coming back to the SHL?

Thoughts on the move to Baltimore? How is Nat spending his quarantine time in the new city?

How do you plan to keep morale high in what should be another disappointing season for the Platoon? Playoffs seem unlikely with the current roster, and the team doesn't have a 1st round pick again until S58.

Thank you! The highlight of my career thus far has been winning the cup with West Kendall. I feel really lucky to have been able to experience that success early on in my time on the site. Initially, the creative part of the site is what brought me back. I really liked making a back story for Nat and writing media to go with it. Life seems to get more in the way so I haven't been doing much media these days but the guys that are in BAP locker room are great and that is what keeps me coming back now.

I'm thrilled with the move to Baltimore. Most of my real life family lives in or around Baltimore. I spent more than a few summers down there so it feels good to represent that part of my life. As the boys on the Platoon know I am a big time home cook. During the quarantine in the new city I'd just be working on some new dishes and trying to keep in shape.

I don't morale will be an issue with this team. The last few seasons we have all known we were retooling and even though we haven't had much success everyone is looking to the future. I disagree that this will be another disappointing season though. I think we are on the cusp of getting back to being a perennial threat. We just had a great draft and a few of the mainstays in our locker room just hit or are about to hit 1000 TPE. We have a future GOAT goalie with our ROTY nominated Luca Del Vecchio. JR is jumping up front to spice up our forward lines. On the back there is me and Geoff Moore who both came this close to a Bojo nom.

Code:
Which draft in theast 10 seasons has been your favorite for the platoon? Which one do you think they did the best?

When do you think Baltimore will start their Domination run for the S50s?

What do you think would be a good memorial to west Kendall for the team moving forward

It's hard to say which has been my favorite. They kind of all are since nobody has been drafted has been dink in the locker room. Adding to the solid locker room we have in just as important as snagging a superstar IMO. Recency bias aside I think this last draft has been the best. JR worked some magic to snag three super active players.

I think this coming season is when things start getting turned around for BAP. I see us as being dark horses in the race. I'd say around S56 is when the team really starts to throw their weight around and become perennial contenders.

I think the easiest memorial to West Kendall would be to have a few throwback nights like most teams do. It is a small but powerful thing to do. I think also keeping the old branding on all the retired numbers and cup banners will be enough.

Code:
Why are you so damn good

I always drink my milk and eat copious amounts of kimchi.

Code:
Which teams do you see BAP edging out for a playoff spot?

I think that in the coming year BAP could edge out Manhattan in the East. This last season we ended up only 4 points behind the Rage. If we had even a little bit of luck in the 7 OT losses we had we would have been in the post season this year. By no means do I think it will be easy to make the playoffs especially with the top three teams being as strong as they are but we definitely have a shot.

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

You have just been named Baltimore's captain and are their #1 defenseman, but this is also your last season before beginning regression. What are you hoping for this season at your peak and the following seasons?

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

How have you been enjoying the SHL since you first started?

Thoughts on your former SMJHL team, the Detroit Falcons winning the 4 star?

[Image: 3.png]

How do you make kimchi?

(I legit want to know and will attempt to make)

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]

now that i selected you in fantasy, how likely are you to disappoint me?

how many hotdogs?

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

First off, congrats for breaking 1500 TPE! It's good to see another first-gen from S44 doing big things!

Second, what has been the highlight of your career so far? You've largely been a quiet user--of the other S45 SHL class people, I feel like I've interacted with you the least. What keeps you coming back to the SHL?

Thoughts on the move to Baltimore? How is Nat spending his quarantine time in the new city?

How do you plan to keep morale high in what should be another disappointing season for the Platoon? Playoffs seem unlikely with the current roster, and the team doesn't have a 1st round pick again until S58.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Which draft in theast 10 seasons has been your favorite for the platoon? Which one do you think they did the best?

When do you think Baltimore will start their Domination run for the S50s?

What do you think would be a good memorial to west Kendall for the team moving forward?

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Why are you so damn good

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

Which teams do you see BAP edging out for a playoff spot?

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]