Create Account

Hippo is just a regular player presser
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2020, 05:20 AM by Mayuu.)

Hey.

Ask questions about Hippo/Buffalo/Detroit or whatever and I'll do my best to give you and entertaining or honest answer.

✌️

05-23-2020, 05:07 AMFerda Wrote: How'd you get into the SHL?

Do you have any regrets from your time on the site?

For your next player, if you were unable to join Detroit or Buffalo, what team(s) would you want to go to the most?

What got you started in streaming and making YouTube videos?
How'd you get into the SHL?
I was broswing r/Hockey bored at work and saw something something simulation and registered. I read a little bit on the site and it managed to captivate me. I didn't find out how to read games or anything until after I got drafted. I remember submitting the first mock draft and I put king as #2 because everyone else had him as #1. That was my first of many mistakes.
Oh and the first thing I did was tell Snussu to join the site as well, I'm glad I did since it was super fun to play together on Detroit. Too bad we haven't played for the same SHL team yet.

Nothing super major, maybe the tone I've had on the forums. I read back my posts and keep thinking I sound like an angry old b****r. I think I should post most more during regular SHL and not just during shit storms.
Also, Maybe I should have gone a little lighter on Dude when I TD'd him back in the day. It probably left a lot of people with a bad first impression on me. But then again, if that's what cemented me to get to Buffalo it was still a win.

For your next player, if you were unable to join Detroit or Buffalo, what team(s) would you want to go to the most?
I've got the privilege to call a lot of people here SHL friends, and I'd be happy to play with any of them... BUT there's only two teams on SHL that I want to play for. I'm involved in the management on both teams and daily discuss and works on making the teams better. I honestly wouldn't play for any other team unless it's a rental thing for my players corpse.

I did my first ever stream a long time ago, back when I was still trying to get into Dota2 E-sports. Back then I had this notion that "If you don't stream at least 6 hours every day there's no point to it" and I quickly gave up when I realized that my SO wouldn't allow me to get home from work and occupy the living room for 6 hours.
I then got a kid and decided that I was done with PC gaming, as we moved to a bigger apartment I left my computer unpacked to focus on the family, after about 6 months I started feeling depressed and had nothing really to take my mind of things. I realized that I lacked gaming which had always been a part of my life and something I've always been passionate about.
So I started playing a little bit again. We had no space for the PC though so I had to set it all up every time I wanted to play, then pack it up when I was done.
One night, I was watching Sacriel, Strippin and The_Sage_BB play Blood Bowl 2 together. The latter two was teaching Sacriel how to play and it was just so captivating watching someone that's almost always gets portrayed as an expert and teacher in all the games he plays having to learn the very basics of a game.
So that's when I decided to start streaming again, in my living room on the dining table. I wanted to share the joy of learning new games and teach others how to enjoy the games I like.
I started making YouTube videos to expose myself to other audiences then Twitch, the discoverability on YouTube is way better then Twitch's. I'm hoping for people who enjoy my content to find their way to my Twitch channel from my YouTube channel. It is also something I'm still learning. I'm not very good or consistent, It's hard to find your own niche or voice to be honest. But I'll keep trying!

05-23-2020, 11:06 AMMutedfaith Wrote: Season expectations for BUF/DET in S54?

With better knowledge of how FHM works, and the overall improvement of the team, I think we'll do better this season.
With only me and Karey being in regression on the forwards side we've lost a little TPE on the second line. The first line sees Kalakar replace Selich which is a little less TPE but similar enough that it should be negligible . Third line is just overall stronger.

On the Defense we lost Wozy (gonna miss you buddy) but filled that hole with Vandy and Selich. Scoop has started regressing but is still a very high TPE defender. Buffalo very well might field 2x 2k TPE defenders at the end of this season.

In goal it's a straight up upgrade in TPE from last season, Doyle goes in front with more TPE then Robinson had last season. Robinson does his last season in the league and takes on the backup duties.

Detroit is as strong as ever, the S53 core hitting their peak this season they look to beat their records set last season. I'd be scared if I was on any of the other teams in the J.

05-23-2020, 12:10 PMJSS Wrote: Will the SKREEE line ever be recreated in the near future?

I wish, I know Flacko is nearing the end of his career sooner rather then later and you can't wait for to long. Hippo still has 1800+ TPE.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. As long as there's still use for Hippo on Buffalo he'll keep playing no matter what role he gets.
If I have to project when I'm retiring Hippo it will be in 5-6 seasons most likely.

ready for grading

RETIRED

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

Season expectations for BUF/DET in S54?

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Will the SKREEE line ever be recreated in the near future?

[Image: 3.png]

05-23-2020, 05:07 AMFerda Wrote: How'd you get into the SHL?

I was broswing r/Hockey bored at work and saw something something simulation and registered. I read a little bit on the site and it managed to captivate me. I didn't find out how to read games or anything until after I got drafted. I remember submitting the first mock draft and I put king as #2 because everyone else had him as #1. That was my first of many mistakes.
Oh and the first thing I did was tell Snussu to join the site as well, I'm glad I did since it was super fun to play together on Detroit. Too bad we haven't played for the same SHL team yet.

Nothing super major, maybe the tone I've had on the forums. I read back my posts and keep thinking I sound like an angry old b****r. I think I should post most more during regular SHL and not just during shit storms.
Also, Maybe I should have gone a little lighter on Dude when I TD'd him back in the day. It probably left a lot of people with a bad first impression on me. But then again, if that's what cemented me to get to Buffalo it was still a win.

I've got the privilege to call a lot of people here SHL friends, and I'd be happy to play with any of them... BUT there's only two teams on SHL that I want to play for. I'm involved in the management on both teams and daily discuss and works on making the teams better. I honestly wouldn't play for any other team unless it's a rental thing for my players corpse.

I did my first ever stream a long time ago, back when I was still trying to get into Dota2 E-sports. Back then I had this notion that "If you don't stream at least 6 hours every day there's no point to it" and I quickly gave up when I realized that my SO wouldn't allow me to get home from work and occupy the living room for 6 hours.
I then got a kid and decided that I was done with PC gaming, as we moved to a bigger apartment I left my computer unpacked to focus on the family, after about 6 months I started feeling depressed and had nothing really to take my mind of things. I realized that I lacked gaming which had always been a part of my life and something I've always been passionate about.
So I started playing a little bit again. We had no space for the PC though so I had to set it all up every time I wanted to play, then pack it up when I was done.
One night, I was watching Sacriel, Strippin and The_Sage_BB play Blood Bowl 2 together. The latter two was teaching Sacriel how to play and it was just so captivating watching someone that's almost always gets portrayed as an expert and teacher in all the games he plays having to learn the very basics of a game.
So that's when I decided to start streaming again, in my living room on the dining table. I wanted to share the joy of learning new games and teach others how to enjoy the games I like.
I started making YouTube videos to expose myself to other audiences then Twitch, the discoverability on YouTube is way better then Twitch's. I'm hoping for people who enjoy my content to find their way to my Twitch channel from my YouTube channel. It is also something I'm still learning. I'm not very good or consistent, It's hard to find your own niche or voice to be honest. But I'll keep trying!

RETIRED

05-23-2020, 11:06 AMMutedfaith Wrote: Season expectations for BUF/DET in S54?

With better knowledge of how FHM works, and the overall improvement of the team, I think we'll do better this season.
With only me and Karey being in regression on the forwards side we've lost a little TPE on the second line. The first line sees Kalakar replace Selich which is a little less TPE but similar enough that it should be negligible . Third line is just overall stronger.

On the Defense we lost Wozy (gonna miss you buddy) but filled that hole with Vandy and Selich. Scoop has started regressing but is still a very high TPE defender. Buffalo very well might field 2x 2k TPE defenders at the end of this season.

In goal it's a straight up upgrade in TPE from last season, Doyle goes in front with more TPE then Robinson had last season. Robinson does his last season in the league and takes on the backup duties.

Detroit is as strong as ever, the S53 core hitting their peak this season they look to beat their records set last season. I'd be scared if I was on any of the other teams in the J.

RETIRED

05-23-2020, 12:10 PMJSS Wrote: Will the SKREEE line ever be recreated in the near future?

I wish, I know Flacko is nearing the end of his career sooner rather then later and you can't wait for to long. Hippo still has 1800+ TPE.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. As long as there's still use for Hippo on Buffalo he'll keep playing no matter what role he gets.
If I have to project when I'm retiring Hippo it will be in 5-6 seasons most likely.

RETIRED