Create Account

S54 PT #1 - A New Focus
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2020, 12:19 PM by takethehorizon.)

I've put a great deal of thought deciding to switch up my player build for Kelowna Knights starting goaltender, Cillian Kavanagh. Ultimately I have come to the understanding of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. After a rocky start to the S53 season I immediately began rethinking my goalie build. About halfway into the season however, my doubts went out the window and I saw my player begin to blossom into the goalie I knew he would. It was the second half of S53 that I  knew I had a very solid build for Cillian and I wouldn't need to switch it up going into the following season. I'm having a good time messing around with my SHL build for Kavanagh and can't wait to see how he develops and plays in the big leagues. I keep a close eye on other SMJHL starting tendys and SHL superstars, monitoring their build and see what works. I have a few ideas heading into my SHL build for S55 that I cannot wait for the league to see. 

(Words: 177)

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

Regression hit hard again this off-season, but I am still pretty optimistic about what I can do this upcoming season. I just come out of a 48 points season and I think this is something I can replicate this season. Hopefully, I will be able to put out better performances during the playoffs than I did last season. The Wolfpack general manager communicate with me after I send in my training plan for the off-season and told me the changes I should make to it. I was planning on doing a lot of cardio training to increase my stamina, but he told me that I should reduce the time I spend on increase my stamina and that I should replace it with strength and balance training. From his personal experience and from watching me play in the last few seasons, he told me that the two attributes I should focus on the more are balance and checking and this is what I work on this offseason.

166 words

Nor Ge

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Despite a cup win this past season, we had to get back to reality as a team ASAP. We knew we were losing some top end guys, and we knew we'd have a target on our backs as soon as the SMJHL was back in session. For me personally, I spent most of S53 on the third or fourth line chipping in where I could on an immensely talented team. But this year, with some spots opening up on the top lines, there's a lot of opportunity for me to take on some tougher and more prominent minutes.

Ultimately I'm sticking with what I do well, which is separating defenders from pucks and cycling well down low. But this off season I'm focusing a little bit more on finishing skill. With potential top 6 and powerplay minutes on the table-- working on my ability to create havoc in front of the net, tip pucks, and clean up rebounds is going to be a big evolution for me as a player this year. Not only am I going to continue to be crushing and oppressive on the forecheck, but I'm going to start finishing on plays more and contributing on the score sheet.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=65fe67b4&is=65ebf2b4&hm=a6...46085eb3f&]

With the free build change I did not elect to change up my build drastically going into the next season. While I was not happy with my point production compared to the previous season, I believe that is more to do with how FHM operates versus STHS. I took on a much more defensive role as I had originally envisioned for my player. I definitely saw some changes between my performance as I was able to lead the league in Takeaways and was the top forward in Shots Blocked by 50 shots. I think as Minnesota gets more players called up my stats will look better as I will have to play less overall minutes and I will be able to play with more higher TPE players. It's definitely interesting to see how the tactics can affect individual performance. I think my role as a counter-attacking forward will continue for the rest of my players career. Perhaps late into regression I might focus on either the defensive or playmaking side of my game, but for the next few seasons I don't think I will see much change.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

I did not change much to Jimmy Slothface's player build despite adding a lot of offseason TPE and having the opportunity to fully redistribute my build. I did not have a fantastic first FHM season or anything but I thought I had a good base to build off of (plus I am very lazy). One drastic change that did happen is that I upped Jimmy Slothface's faceoffs up to 17 because he will be playing center on New Orleans' second like this upcoming season after being a wing the last few seasons. Nic Williams had a good year as our second center last season so I hope I can live up to those lofty expectations. I also hope 17 is enough for me to be solid in the faceoff circle. Another thing I did change was add a little bit to my shooting range as well. I do not think I am going to be a shoot first type player for the Specters, but this should help me perhaps get a few more goals in the upcoming season. Other than that, Jimmy's player build largely stayed the same as last season. I am pretty interested in seeing how largely the same build fares at center on the second line. I did not get many points last season so I am hopeful that I can improve in that category just by the mere fact I will have more TPE than last season. At least I should be pretty strong defensively so that should help the team.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

This season was a MASSIVE disappointment for me, and after playing 2 great seasons at Colorado I essentially found myself as a dinosaur (hah) that was slowly being phased out. Combine that with a brutal end of the semester that essentially left me out of commission for about a month and I was frankly not sure that my player had any future at all, in addition to Manhattan drafting another high TPE goalie. I redistributed my player to be more like the highest performing goalies in the J this season. I redistributed away from the skills that seemed more ancillary into the skills that seem to be more useful for FHM goalies. It looks like all FHM goalies seem to have very similar builds, with the league being dominated by the same general build style. I am a little frustrated by the lack of diversity in goalie builds that were successful this year.

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

After a season using FHM, I changed nothing with my build. I was more than happy with how my player preformed throughout the season, though at times annoyed at how well he was doing. If I did change my build, I may have dropped some fighting and shooting accuracy and put more into defensive read or bravery. As far as the season goes, I'm going to try to play the same role I had last season. An defensively responsible forward, who has the main goal of annoying the opposition. As far as learned from last seasons run, keeping a decent set of physical attributes is helpful, and being able to being able to shut down any offensive is huge. The easier it is for you to stop an opponents play, the more likely you are to get the puck into the other end and generate some offense and start to see some offensive production.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

Quote:User's perspective: With a season on FHM in the books and a free redistribution gifted by HO for the offseason, what did you decide to change about your player build? Did you drastically change your build from last season? If so, why? Are you going to be trying to fit into a new role this season? What did you learn from last season's pilot run?

After @WannabeFinn made me intentionally tank my rookie season and prevent me from winning Rookie of the Yeay by becoming a pure defensive winger, Tomen allowed me to redistribute my build into a completely revamped player, meaning I am now allowed to touch the puck in the offensive zone, something that Wanna Be Finn did not want me doing. By allowing me to play in the offensive zone, shadow GM Tomen will likely see an increase in Buffalo playoff success, as our third line of myself, Silver, and Burb should be able to feast on other teams lack of depth. With a combined third line of nearly 3000 tpe, Buffalo's third line is likely better than some teams second lines, and so, Buffalo should see increased firepower from their depth this season. Increased depth should see shadow GM Tomen's playoff record go up, as teams find they're unable to combat the firepower of Buffalo's loaded forward group. (157 words per wordcounter)

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

I have always been a defense first kind of player. After Baltimore acquired Geoff Moore before the trade deadline last year the opportunity to focus on my offensive game presented itself. The coaches and I talked about working on my shot and how I play in the offensive end of the ice. I'm hoping to produce a lot more this year for Baltimore. I had a decent season last year putting up 24 points which was good enough for 12th most among left defensemen. I for sure want to break the top 10 and make a push for the Stevens. I came close to grabbing a Bojo nom this past season but with an even stronger offensive game I should be able to make some serious noise. I'm not going to be jumping into a new role on the team. I will be still be the shutdown player I have always been but I am just going to be pushing myself even harder to get BAP into the playoffs.

(171)

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

After a very disappointing season as a team, I went into this offseason with one goal in mind. To get way better in every aspect of my game. With my rookie year in the books, I have no more excuses not to perform. I want to be a goal scorer who is also sound defensively. With that being said, I have been doing on and off ice training all offseason. I was told by ML that I would most likely be 2C this year and that’s a big responsibility and I know that right now it’s my job to lose. So I decided to work on defense and scoring, I want to be able to go out and play in whatever situation our team needs me too and with that I want to be the best version of myself. Last season I had 20 points in 50 games and I am hoping to at-least break 30 this next season.

[Image: gurbs.gif]

Well it sure was an interesting season to say the least, and I certainly enjoyed the build I had gone with before the start of the season. That being said, I knew that there were some changes that were on the horizon for my player, and after consulting with our wise and helpful head coach, Mook, we decided we would go with a balanced approach. I did redistribute my skating, passing, and puckhandling, as where I had them before was much too high and not necessary. If you look at premier goalies like Cain for NOLA you'll see that he didn't put as much emphasis on those attributes, so I followed suit. I did not go all-in when it came to attributes like blocker and glove and instead went with a more straight across the board balanced approach. It remains to be seen whether or not these were the right moves but now that I have passed 1200 TPE I really am in a position to be one of the top goaltenders in the league. Let's do this Panthers!

183 words

[Image: f7IGJw3.png]
[Image: UFYQyLU.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2020, 03:17 PM by puolivalmiste.)

[Image: 6rDwYK3.jpg]
Björn was playing some rugby to improve his balance and strenght.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Bork sat down with his Anchorage Armada General Managers this off season to discuss strategy and ideas to work on for the upcoming season. They had the audacity to ask Bork to try stick checking more instead of just hitting his opponents. Well Bork Lazer is no simp so he laughed at them and took off. Bork is not going to do that. Bork is gonna go out there and hit motherfuckers as hard as possible and do it even more than he did last season. Bork will be analyzing things a bit better since he will have more experience on the ice and will know way is coming this time around. A special role the General Managers gave Bork though is to help mentor the knew rookie. They said something about make sure he does not suck or something. So Bork will carry the team on his back just like he did in the playoffs last season.

[Image: lazer2.png]

I had been mostly a defensive center last season and I was part of the shutdown line which reflected in several of our line’s stats, but this season I focused on increasing all of my core offensive stats. Last season, my role was a backchecking center, but now that I’m in my third season, my responsibility will increase even further and should slot in on the Knights’ second line and be a part of both the powerplay and penalty kill units. I will now be a two-way center and I will have two wingers to work with that are around 350 TPE for the entire season. Hopefully this not only leads to an increase to my own offensive stats, but the overall performance of the entire team.

I think our entire team learned as we went and that helped us get to the finals. I think we will have a difficult time making it back there, but given what we as a team and our management learned throughout last season, I feel we should absolutely be one of the top teams yet again.

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]