Create Account

Trautner Updater Punishment Appeal Result

05-27-2020, 05:11 PMThe__Y-man__100 Wrote: Is it just me or does the SHL always follow the rule book and then decided after that the rules are too harsh, but no one bothers to actually change the rules

I think that's fine. Better to adjust toward the lighter end of the punishment spectrum upon appeal, than go light and realize the person was being purposefully malicious later without a path for recourse.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2020, 05:28 PM by Count Chocula.)

05-27-2020, 12:19 AMTrautner Wrote:
05-26-2020, 11:48 PMSerpe x 13 Wrote: Imagine doing your “job” wrong multiple times

[Image: giphy.gif]

Imagine spending eight (8) years on this league and not knowing how weekly training works

Wouldn't this also apply to the updaters, minus the 8 years

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

05-27-2020, 05:27 PMCount Chocula Wrote:
05-27-2020, 12:19 AMTrautner Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Imagine spending eight (8) years on this league and not knowing how weekly training works

Wouldn't this also apply to the updaters, minus the 8 years

It's a lot easier to miss a date than it is to actively, multiple times, buy training one after another and claim it for the previous week.

One is very underhanded and the other is essentially trusting the user. Don't get me wrong, all four people messed up, but to try to equate what the updaters did to what Serpe did is just stupid.

[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]

05-27-2020, 02:38 PMwumaduce Wrote: No one's even dropped a hard R yet.

Don't make me do it, smh

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

05-27-2020, 02:59 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
05-27-2020, 02:38 PMwumaduce Wrote: No one's even dropped a hard R yet.

Well Dude is inactive and Deener + co are either banned or left so I think you're gonna be left hangin here

put some respecc on it.

@Dude

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

05-27-2020, 05:34 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
05-27-2020, 05:27 PMCount Chocula Wrote: Wouldn't this also apply to the updaters, minus the 8 years

It's a lot easier to miss a date than it is to actively, multiple times, buy training one after another and claim it for the previous week.

One is very underhanded and the other is essentially trusting the user. Don't get me wrong, all four people messed up, but to try to equate what the updaters did to what Serpe did is just stupid.

Not equating the 2 acts as equal. But it shows a flaw in the whole system.

Either updaters are being lazy or too trustworthy and not double checking users updates, as multiple updaters did not catch the offense until much later. Or there is not enough people staffed to get updates done in time, causing a burden on updaters to cut corners to get the job done in a timely manner.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

05-27-2020, 03:45 PMTrautner Wrote: I am done with it, I am just tired of seeing passive aggressive posts from Serpe in the past week in every punishment demanding me/other updaters to be punished further.

More than fair. I was just surprised that it's happening at all.

You and the other updates involved have already been delt punishments, post appeal, for your transgressions. Serpe has in turn for his. The matter should be done. Thread closed, and issue laid to rest. Like you state, you already have. Others should follow suit.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

05-27-2020, 05:47 PMCount Chocula Wrote:
05-27-2020, 05:34 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: It's a lot easier to miss a date than it is to actively, multiple times, buy training one after another and claim it for the previous week.

Not equating the 2 acts as equal. But it shows a flaw in the whole system.

Either updaters are being lazy or too trustworthy and not double checking users updates, as multiple updaters did not catch the offense until much later. Or there is not enough people staffed to get updates done in time, causing a burden on updaters to cut corners to get the job done in a timely manner.

There are absolutely not enough updaters. More than a few times someone has come at the updaters and Blast has responded with "apply, we can always use more". Wonder how many apps he's gotten from that...

(This post was last modified: 05-27-2020, 08:03 PM by Leoben.)

05-27-2020, 06:55 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: There are absolutely not enough updaters. More than a few times someone has come at the updaters and Blast has responded with "apply, we can always use more". Wonder how many apps he's gotten from that...

I have applied twice since I've been back and haven't gotten hired.  I'm cool with that, whatever Blast's reason for not picking me up are his and I respect that.  I'm not a good fit, haven't been reliable, or whatever.  Doesn't matter.  But I don't think he's THAT desperate or hiring just anyone who calls out the team.  Nor should he.  Reminds me of this clip from Serenity.

I always appreciated updaters.  The pay is good but it's easy to make mistakes.  This whole thing has turned me off applying though, just don't like the idea of getting fined for failing to catch a cheater.  Glad he appealed and got a lighter punishment.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

05-27-2020, 12:59 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
05-26-2020, 11:48 PMSerpe x 13 Wrote: Imagine doing your “job” wrong multiple times

Are you actually blaming him for this? He's not the one who cheated, and intentional or not you definitely cheated.

You're so wrong here it's disgusting. Out of the hundreds of players he updated you were the odd one out. Same with the other two updaters you managed to hoodwink.

Take a deep breath. Wow!

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread