Create Account

Season 19 memory

I do not really do media in Sim Hockey League anymore because I have more than enough cash to survive on it for quite a while. Especially with me doing a twitter now as well.

But I really wanted to do this one and although this will be in and out of character quite a bit at random times I am happy to share and do this story.

This story goes back 3 days away from almost 6 years ago to Season 18 and 19 roughly in May 2014.

Back then I was mainly playing in the biggest Haxball league. If you do not know what Haxball is, its basically a fun flash game that used to be pretty popular back when rocket league wasn't a thing. 2D and good fun. That is where I know Jason97 from originally.

Now I believe I have been in this sim league for about a little over a year now with Jon 41 but he was not my very first character. I just could not for the life of me find my old players name. Well, about 2 days ago I managed to find my very first profile.

I went by my old haxball username, Paper Plane. I guess this is me confirming I am a multi? Oh shit new drama! But basically it took me ages to even be able to find that but with that I managed to find my old and very first player. Isaac Mute.

I do not really have any physical proof that is me excluding the fact I put Isaac from Yorkshire, England where I am from in real life, is the same height as me in real life at 6 foot.

A C player, I actually managed to post in the very first Activity Check and did all 3 activity checks even though I do not remember very much about my first stay. Like Jon Forty-One, I seemed to have joined after minors draft but signed for an old team called the Regina Force. Someone in the league's discord told me this would eventually become the Anchorage Armada.

But during the season 19 draft I would end up on the Detroit Falcons and be drafted to the West Kendall Platoon 32nd overall.

I mainly was drafted at 32nd overall because by then I was long gone and inactive overall. It was pretty much take another rough 5 years for me to return to this league to give it a proper shot.

I have zero idea how Isaac Mute ended up doing in minors for either team, nor if I played for the GB team in the WJC. I can imagine I never played for the West Kendall Platoon since his stats are not that great. But I thought this was pretty neat and decided to share this with you.

I have zero idea who any other player in this draft is and if anyone went onto become a legend or if anyone from this season is even still around at this point but I thought I would share. I would also like to say a huge sorry to whoever the General Managers were of the Regina Force and Detroit Falcons and West Kendall Platoon. I was not really that useful and I semi pride myself on trying to make sure my player is as useful as he can for whoever he is playing for.

Fun fact also which I found a bit weird. When I first joined the league at arguably the worst time to join it as Jon Forty-One. I got 3 offers overall from minor league teams. The Vancouver Whalers, The Anchorage Armada and Detroit Falcons. Whenever I recreate in the future, I may end up going back to one of you other places since it would be nice to go full circle. I am miles off retiring with Jon since I am a bit off of even touching regression yet but it is nice to plan. I am happy with the great people in Edmonton.

Nothing else really stands out about my player past the two shitty pieces of media I did and the combines. Few things of note that made me chuckle:

In the Montreal Impact (Yeah apparently a Montreal team was once in this league, shocking.) combine:

"15) What is your plan to reach the top of your game?

Take car. Go to mum's. Kill Phil, grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over."

I like Shaun of the Dead. *shrug*

In the Regina Force combine:

"2. If you come here, will you agree to hate the Impact and everything they do?

If you draft me I will hate Montreal with ease."

I would like someone to possibly explain (along with someone who might be able to know how badly my player ended up doing lol) why Regina hated Montreal. To my knowledge the Armada's rivals were Vancouver?

In the Vancouver Whalers Combine:

"1. Why do you want to play for Vancouver?

Honestly, I don't. I don't want to complete burn the bridge but I have a few other teams I'd much rather play for."

Little did I know 5 years later they would burn my bridge :(

Nothing else really past me saying to the Knights I wanted to play for the Force or the Crows (Which is funny cause I wanted an offer from them when I was new again too lol) but I am now going to go into more of an in character thing and state that Season 19's Isaac Mute is now Jon Forty-One's dad. I have always had Jon be Scottish and I will continue to say that cause it is more interesting but whilst born and raised in scotland I will say his dad was Isaac Mute going forwards cause I like the idea of him coming from my former player.

No idea who the fuck his mother is, just pick an inactive female character at a push lol.

Just thought I would share me finding my old terrible player though. Hope you enjoyed a walk down one of season 19's most likely worst player.

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

@jason97

Crazy to see how people learned about this site ages and ages ago but finally just recently joined. Good article.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]