Create Account

S54 League Files

05-27-2020, 11:15 PMluketd Wrote: Actually

Dude. I almost tagged you in my second response saying "you're good with data and stuff, help me out here" but then I thought "He's probably already got that info because he's Luke so I don't need to tag him."

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

05-27-2020, 11:21 PMLeoben Wrote:
05-27-2020, 11:15 PMluketd Wrote: Actually

Dude. I almost tagged you in my second response saying "you're good with data and stuff, help me out here" but then I thought "He's probably already got that info because he's Luke so I don't need to tag him."

haha, yeah I track quite a few things in the SHL, and I think its great to have this data available for people, because of conversations likes these. its also good for looking at the health of the league and what comes of it. I love talking about this stuff

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Do you have chart as to why we would not have any index for days after the sims started because that was my real issue.

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

05-27-2020, 11:31 PMBonk Wrote: Do you have chart as to why we would not have any index for days after the sims started because that was my real issue.
[Image: Fly.png]

RETIRED

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2020, 08:46 AM by JR95.)

05-27-2020, 11:31 PMBonk Wrote: Do you have chart as to why we would not have any index for days after the sims started because that was my real issue.

Historically indexes are posted for the regular season the day the regular season starts. So it was up earlier than normal. Pre season index was ALWAYS posted and available through the drop downs.

Can you stop bitching for the sake of bitching and try thinking objectively and rationally? I know we are all stuck inside and have little to do but your attitude is not helping anything right now. Things are being worked on, the way you approached this situation won't help anything.

I seriously thought you were better than this

JR was trying to rig the sim for hamilton and reduce activity to destroy the league that's what happened but luckily Bonk to the rescue!

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

lot of material here for Bonk’s next podcast

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Casually/annoyingly raising this again: Let's get some box scores on the site

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2020, 12:24 PM by Blastmeaway.)

05-28-2020, 10:45 AMLordBirdman Wrote: Casually/annoyingly raising this again:  Let's get some box scores on the site

well if we create new jobs then how are we going to pay the awards committee? I hear thats a job thats needed to keep the site moving and i also hear that FHM doesnt know how to assign awards.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

05-27-2020, 06:04 PMGwdjohnson Wrote:
05-27-2020, 05:44 PMBonk Wrote: This new system sucks. Thanks Hamilton

You're welcome.

05-27-2020, 06:19 PMGwdjohnson Wrote:
05-27-2020, 06:11 PMBonk Wrote: Not a problem. Hope you find a new way to rig the system and screw the league over again.

Activity has been high as ever in the league so it might be a bit less screwed than you lead yourself to believe.

05-27-2020, 09:55 PMGwdjohnson Wrote:
05-27-2020, 09:00 PMBonk Wrote: The Hamilton thing was not really called for and that is on me. But I do find funny that @Gwdjohnson is claiming the high user activity is result of Hamilton's actions. I am sure everyone being locked in their homes looking for something to do on the internet has nothing to do with it, nor does league recruiting efforts. They certainly were not claiming responsibility for the low user activity during the last couple of Simon t seasons.

Don't put words in my mouth.

I never said it's a result of our actions that the league is now active, I'm not a supporter of what we did anymore and will acknowledge to anyone that we dealt with the entire situation poorly. I'm just saying activity is sky high now that we're on FHM so it's just not true to say the league has been screwed.

You might not have said it, but it was implied by what you said. You don't get to say something inflammatory and then hide behind weasel words and how vague it was like you never said anything.

Bonk came in hot, no question about that, but it was a fair question. Not everyone is used to using the new index and it's admittedly not a very intuitive system straight off the bat.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

05-28-2020, 12:43 PMfrithjofr Wrote:
05-27-2020, 06:04 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: You're welcome.

05-27-2020, 06:19 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: Activity has been high as ever in the league so it might be a bit less screwed than you lead yourself to believe.

05-27-2020, 09:55 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: Don't put words in my mouth.

I never said it's a result of our actions that the league is now active, I'm not a supporter of what we did anymore and will acknowledge to anyone that we dealt with the entire situation poorly. I'm just saying activity is sky high now that we're on FHM so it's just not true to say the league has been screwed.

You might not have said it, but it was implied by what you said. You don't get to say something inflammatory and then hide behind weasel words and how vague it was like you never said anything.

Bonk came in hot, no question about that, but it was a fair question. Not everyone is used to using the new index and it's admittedly not a very intuitive system straight off the bat.
How is “we didn’t ruin the league, activity is as high as ever” implying that we created that activity?

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

05-28-2020, 01:04 PMWaters Wrote:
05-28-2020, 12:43 PMfrithjofr Wrote: You might not have said it, but it was implied by what you said. You don't get to say something inflammatory and then hide behind weasel words and how vague it was like you never said anything.

How is “we didn’t ruin the league, activity is as high as ever” implying that we created that activity?

stop with the weasel words already

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

I understand that people aren't big fans of the index I built, part of that is my fault for being a shitty programmer, and part of it is the exports from FHM lacking information. We had a much better looking index in the works but the guy working on it disappeared shortly before we moved sim engines and I spent at least 80 hours building this one. I am working with several developer volunteers to build something better but these things take time if you don't want just more of the same.

One major hurdle is that we have individual game info in the play by play files, but the way it is written does not make it easy to turn it into a proper boxscore. One suggestion I have for the time being is to have people post screenshots of the boxscores in the subforums we set up for that purpose. This could be a good temporary job to give out while we work on getting the actual data in a readable format.

Keep in mind that we are a group of amateur coders attempting to create a very complicated system to get the information everyone wants to them. I know that it's frustrating but we are trying. If anyone out there thinks they could help feel free to reach out to me, we use a combination of mysql, php, and javascript.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

05-28-2020, 01:27 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: I understand that people aren't big fans of the index I built, part of that is my fault for being a shitty programmer, and part of it is the exports from FHM lacking information. We had a much better looking index in the works but the guy working on it disappeared shortly before we moved sim engines and I spent at least 80 hours building this one. I am working with several developer volunteers to build something better but these things take time if you don't want just more of the same.

One major hurdle is that we have individual game info in the play by play files, but the way it is written does not make it easy to turn it into a proper boxscore. One suggestion I have for the time being is to have people post screenshots of the boxscores in the subforums we set up for that purpose. This could be a good temporary job to give out while we work on getting the actual data in a readable format.

Keep in mind that we are a group of amateur coders attempting to create a very complicated system to get the information everyone wants to them. I know that it's frustrating but we are trying. If anyone out there thinks they could help feel free to reach out to me, we use a combination of mysql, php, and javascript.

This

RETIRED