Create Account

Kondos Shakes Nerves

Code:
525 words
Kondos Shakes Nerves

[Image: cut.jpeg]

Preseason is finally here, and the Armada found themselves playing the Colorado Raptors in their first preseason game. There was a lot of hype around the team entering this first game, however with Kondos he did not know how to feel, was it hype, was it nerves, was it doubts? Kondos was feeling every emotion, but when he first put on the skates all he could feel was excitement.

Kondos found himself slotting in on the third / fourth line depending how you look at. Considering he was playing with his fellow draftees Müller and Gunner, many people saw them as a fourth line who would find limited and sheltered ice time.

The puck was  dropped and it finally hit Kondos, it was time to get motivated and get his head in the game. Stan Hanson opened the scoring for the Armada in the first period at the 12 minute mark. The period would end 1-0, however it was the second period when the Armada and Kondos both started rolling. They would score at the 7:40 mark on a shot by Petrikov on the powerplay. Just over a minute later Kondos would find himself in the action. Kondos found himself winning a loose puck battle and skating past fellow draftee Terrance Smith, skating the puck in the Raptors zone. Once Kondos entered the zone he made a pass to Müller, who would be knocked off the puck. Pojo Biscuit would keep the puck in at the blue zone, making a slight pass up to Kondos on the half boards, who out of character would let go a heavy shot from just inside the faceoff circle! IT BEATS Samat Beibitzhanov, the Armada have their third goal of the game, and it is Kondos first goal in the SMJHL!

Just like that, first game, first goal, and to have it assisted by Pojo Biscuit who played a large role on him being drafted to the Armada. It is too early to tell, but are Kondos and Biscuit going to form the early chemistry like Smirnov and Biscuit did? We will have to follow the Armada throughout the season to see if the early success keeps up!

Here is what Kondos had to say following his first game.

Man, it was definitely a great experience! I didn’t know what my first game would be like, what I can you is that I had big time nerves heading to the arena for the first game. Once I was out there and started to get myself into the game, it all started coming to me. I was getting my skating legs under me, I was gaining confidence with the puck, it felt great.

I mean yeah, scoring  is awesome! No one is ever going to complain about scoring and I am glad I got the first one out of the way. I just need to continue playing my game, I know it is only preseason and teams are only going to get better and more prepared. I just need to keep coming to the practice rink and developing my skills and chemistry with my teammates.

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Armada

Armada
good luck this season!

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Armada