Create Account

S54 WFT #1 - Goal Songs

If I had to pick a goal song for Chicago, I would put it to a fan vote. I think the fans should get to decide what they’re going to be hearing over and over again. But we’d have to give them some options to vote on or it would be all over the place, so here is the list of options they can vote on:

1- Move (by Saint Motel, the intro just feels like a goal song)
2- Wind Beneath My Wings (by Bette Midler, truly an ode to the Windy City)
3- You’re the Inspiration (by Chicago, for obvious reasons)
4- a sick remix of “Razzle Dazzle” from the musical Chicago, featuring Post Malone

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2020, 07:31 AM by bluesfan55.)

The New Orleans Specters have this thing where they think they're spooky even though their goal song isn't so I think they should change their goal song to "Spooky Scary Skeletons" to fit the theme. I could go with the classic in "Song 2" to get the crowd hyped but I'd rather go theme-wise.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

The Texas renegades goal song should be rage against the machines cover of Afrika bumbaataa’s renegades of funk. The song is pretty bad ass and it says the word renegade.

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

Usually I would love myself a good rock anthem for this, but I'm gonna go for something slightly different this time... It's a bit funkier, a bit more relaxed then you would expect but will put you in a great mood if the goal hasn't done so already!

(If linking the specific park doesn't work properly, aso it seems to for me, then you can jump to 1:29.)

And here are some more suggestions if this is a bit too chill for you and you prefer something that rocks a bit more:

A More Perfect Union - https://youtu.be/08fqHr_KGPY?t=75
Ich, Roque! - https://youtu.be/GW-ojhMZty4?t=69
A Pillar Of Salt - https://youtu.be/HwgNMrs-i80?t=149
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2020, 11:27 AM by Chevy.)

While Nick and Muerto have great suggestions for the Winnipeg Jets....there's only one song combination that comes to mind for me to have as a goal song.

After the puck hits the net, it starts off with the sound of a high-speed pass with the chorus of the NY Jets "J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS" chant...before rolling into Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone's chorus.

For the Rage I am definitely choosing We Will Rock You. It is a classic and really embodies the pathology hockey players need to be able to play this sport.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2020, 08:28 AM by Muerto.)

The Jets goals song could be 'Takin Care of Business' by Winnipeg legends Bachman-Turner Overdrive - it is a classic, it's upbeat, everybody knows it, and it has connection to the city!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

Well I think that possibly we should've had a little less music and more of an emphasis on the wolf howling. I'm pretty pleased with how it came out however.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Someone in the Maine discord suggested last season that the 'oh yeah' song would be a glorious goal song for the woody boi's. I can't recall who specifically - I could go back and find out but I'm too lazy to do so. Unable to resist a good meme, I got to work.

30 minutes later, the Maine goal horn was born. And it. Is. Glorious. Enjoy the truly bizarre music video that accompanies 'Oh Yeah' by Yello.

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]

Just for the fact that I want to hear it more often, I think that Kelowna should change their goal song to "Chelsea Dagger" by The Fratellis. Absolute banger, the London Knights play it after they score, so may as well follow suit.

Player Page || Update Thread
[Image: ffBCCRQ.png]

The perfect goal song for Toronto North Stars will be the 'Anthem' by Kardinal Offishall. The song fits the location perfectly and it is about repping Toronto. What more can you ask for? The part of the song that should be on repeat is the following:

I'm from the T dot Oh
Rep it everywhere I go
(Rep it everywhere I go)
Everybody from the cold
(Everybody from the cold)
This is where we're calling home
(This is where we're calling home)

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

We will play Kids Learning Tube videos as our goal song so we can educate the SHL. We will teach them all about our organs, our universe and vegetables. Learning will become a joy when you visit the Los Angeles Panthers.

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2020, 09:32 AM by notoriousTRON.)

When the Toronto North Stars were given the opportunity to choose a goal song, the choice to me seemed obvious. I'm a fan of the Weeknd and his song Starboy was a jam for me when it came out. Specifically, I would choose a spot from 3:50 - 4:03 in the music video. I know that 13 seconds is slightly long for a goal song, but I like the fact that it bookends with reminding our opponents that the goal scorer is a "mfing Starboy" which is an obvious play on the team's North Star branding as well as having Daft Punk seemingly laugh at our opposing goaltender/team and taunt them with a "ha ha ha look what you've done." That plus the upbeat tempo makes for a great goal song to get the crowd pumped for a North Star goal.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

When I thought about it, there can really only be one goal song for Buffalo that would traumatize the visiting team and their fans every time the Stampede scored a goal.

It's Stampede from The Lion King. Y'know, the song Mufasa dies during. Every Millennial just felt a little bit of their stomach drop in joylessness. I'm sorry, but also... you know it fits perfectly. Buffalo is the team many people love to hate, and taking a song called Stampede for the Stampede, rooted in a great deal of childhood animated movie trauma? Yeah, this is the winner (so long as Disney's willing to play nice, which we all know won't happen)

There are may segments worth picking--I went from 0:46-0:56 because it has some good movement and foreboding energy. There's probably 5 other 10-second sections just as appropriate.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

https://twitter.com/DJshaqfanacc/status/...5950966787

For the Winnipeg Jets, I think it should be the targets theme from super smash bros melee because we hit the targets when we score and the music is really good. Everyone gets excited when hearing this music.

[Image: capybar22_600.png]