Create Account

S54 WFT #1 - Goal Songs

My goalsong idea for the Platoon is a sound clip of an A 10 Warthog emptying its machine gun. The iconic brrrt can make an entrance to the SHL and like the enemies in the outside world instill fear and doubt, and the friendly players get inspired and confidence. Air Support has arrived

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2020, 10:10 AM by .bojo.)

https://youtu.be/izVW1EwEd4A?t=38

Nothing else in the world says Baltimore like getting crabs. A nice batch of crabs is always welcomed, and is what should be mentioned in any goal song that is played for the Platoon now.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2020, 10:12 AM by fishy.)

Buffalo's goal song is clear; although Trips thinks it should be the Stampede song from The Lion King, and others think it should be Buffalo Soldier, I'm here to tell you why these are both wrong. Firstly, the Stampede song would be good, but for trying to grow the Buffalo brand, it would immediately activate PTSD in the bulk of Buffalo's hockey fans (ages 20-50), resulting in them boycotting Stampede home games, resulting in Buffalo unable to afford their players, and causing Buffalo to have to sell off their major players for spare, cheap parts. Buffalo Soldier, although a great song, is implying a soldier hunting Buffalo, which, as the logo of the Stampede and the name of the city, would imply that Buffalo players are hunting their own team. Not a good look. With that in mind, here is my suggestion for Buffalo's goal song;

Buffalo Goal Song

What an absolute masterpiece of music. This song is mesmerizing, powerful, and one of the greatest songs of all time. It's title, "Only Time", implies this will be the Only Time this song is heard. Immediately, the other team will become ultra-relaxed, as the song lulls them to sleep and makes them think this will be the only time Buffalo scores, yet with a forward corps with everyone over 900 tpe, and 6 players over 1500 tpe, Buffalo knows they'll be able to take advantage of their relaxed opponent, and will be able to surge to blowouts quite easily.

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

The Blizzard should use "Baby it's cold outside". Not for the obvious blizzard references that'd be a little too easy no, they should use that song simply to creep out opposing teams with the weird lyrics about sort of but not really holding a person in your blizzard-surrounded house despite her constant refusal.

[Image: brown_team_siggy.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2020, 10:21 AM by Zoone16.)

Since we're the platoon, I thought that going with something fitting with the 'military' theme.. so Seven Nation Army by the White Stripes. More specifically the chorus (starting at 0:51)

I know it's been done before. But for a goal song, it brings the party/fun/celebratory atmosphere and is something no one gets tired of hearing.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

For the Manhattan Rage, the goal song will have to be one of KSI's dissimulation songs. The rage will score a lot of goals and his songs being played means more listeners. Stream his album and we get baldski.

But really, Puck off is fun.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2020, 11:55 AM by Fordyford.)

The TBB goal song should be Low by Flo Rida because it's a perfect reflection of the amount of tpe the team has right now.... Also they're in Florida....

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one

I think a good goal song for the Vancouver Whalers would just be a clock ticking down. This is to remind the GMs that Vancouver should have already won a cup by now and their time to bring another cup to Vancouver is running out.

@dmills3 @"luketd"

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2020, 11:38 AM by SAwful.)

Maybe I'll end up pissing off everyone?

Lets do.... Every SMJHL Team.

In Alphabetical Order:

Anaheim Outlaws
An "Outlaw" is defined as someone who's now legally out of bounds, you are no longer protected by the laws and can be killed by just about anyone. It's where the whole wanted poster, "Dead or Alive" thing comes in to play. And what better song than Bon Jovi's, "Wanted Dead or Alive" to celebrate this imagery.

Anchorage Armada
Sticking to this principal of using the definition of what the team is, the Armada are referencing a fleet of warships in their name. Most songs about military boats don't rock, there's a lot of sea shanties and stuff from the US Navy, just... Ugh. But there is one band that did a great song about sailing... I present, Styx 1977 hit, "Come Sail Away".

Carolina Kraken
Songs about octopus, squid or the legendary kraken are hard to come by. Songs about sea monsters, still hard to come by, but songs about monsters? Now we're getting somewhere. Something that rocks, is about monsters and can provide a clip to be a decent goal song? Lets try Meat Loaf's, "The Monster is Loose".

Colorado Raptors
This one is hard too... There aren't really any songs about dinosaurs out there let alone raptors specifically. However, there is a Finnish metal band named Heavysaurus that dress as dinosaurs and sing kid friendly metal. I present you Heavysaurus seminal hit, "Yeah, Heavysaurus".

Detroit Falcons
I wasn't trying to hard here. You get Jaden Smith's, "Falcon". I'll be honest, I didn't even listen to the song.

Kelowna Knights
Couldn't help myself here. A few good songs about knights exist, but none nearly as epic, kick ass and rocking as this. Muse, "Knights of Cydonia".

Maine Timber
Lol. I don't know why they're not using this. Pitbull ft. Ke$ha, "Timber".

Newfoundland Berserkers
A few things come to mind, and there are a few songs about Berserkers, but I wanted something that hit hard and had some meaning. This song just hits right for a goal song in a few ways and I hope you appreciate it. Amon Amarth, "Shield Wall".

St. Louis Scarecrows
I thought this would be harder than it was, but when I went looking, the Misfits provided. Sweet sweet punk music to save the day. For your pleasure, the Misfits, "Scarecrow Man".

Vancouver Whalers
Songs about whaling... Unless you're into Inuit music, there isn't a whole lot. Songs about whales? There's a few. Let's go with something weird, but still slaps. Pearl Jam, "Whale Song".

[Image: SAwful.gif]

[Image: 4NkSjIm.png]  ||  [Image: 7bttGDC.png]

Armada  ||  Uk  ||  Wolfpack

A goal song that the Buffalo Stampede should use is Goodbye Toby. The hit single sang by Michael Scarn when Toby Flenderson left for Costa Rica always puts fans and listeners alike in a great mood as they celebrate the passing of an evil snail.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2020, 12:12 PM by EricNCSU.)

Obviously the goal song for the St. Louis Scarecrows would be Nelly's Country Grammar. Starting out with "You can find me, in St. Louis rollin' on dubs" and finishing with "Sing it loud, I'm from the Lou and I'm proud!"

[Image: hudson.png]

Anyone selecting anything besides Sweet Caroline for the Carolina Kraken should automatically be disqualified from this WFT. There is no better or more correct choice than the song Sweet Caroline

BUM BUM BUUUUUUUUUUM

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

I wanted to pick a song from someone from New Orleans for the Specters' goal song, but it turns out I didn't know too many artists from NOLA. I ended up picking Lil Wayne's "Go DJ" as he's a popular artist from the area. This is one of my favorite songs he's done, plus it would work really well when Darnell Johnson scores. I would go with the "chorus" even if it is a bit repetitive, we wouldn't need to censor it at least. Hopefully we could get Lil Wayne to perform during an intermission with the promise of free lean, our team is purple after all.

If I were to pick a song for the Carolina Kraken I would have to disqualify "Sweet Caroline" because it is too easy of a pick with the team (but in all honesty I despise that song outside of the Kraken). I decided to go with the sea theme instead of sticking to local Carolina acts. I ended up going with The Dread Crew of Oddwood's "Raise Your Pints". I find this band largely silly, but the chorus about raising beers, singing, dancing, and fist fights would be perfect for the hockey crowd. Plus it would encourage more beer sales for people to sing along.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2020, 03:37 PM by leafsftw1967.)

Newfoundland Berserkers Goal Song Proposal

I think the perfect goal song for the Newfoundland Berserkers is “Heave Away” by The Fables (using the main chorus: “Sometimes we're bound for Liverpool, sometimes we're bound for Spain. Heave away, me jollies, heave away. But now we're bound for old St. John's where all the girls are dancing. Heave away me jolly boys, we're all bound away.”)

After a goal is scored by the home team Berserks, I would blare the Viking horn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o54owbOXrro to go with the Viking theme of the team and then go right into Heave Away’s main chorus: https://youtu.be/vdhdC0Mbqak?t=23 (23 second mark to 38 second mark)

This goal song combination has a sea shanty vibe that perfectly exemplifies the Newfoundland way of life. It also represents parallels between the Vikings’/other sailors’ team effort needed at sea to sail from one place to another and the team effort needed in hockey to score a goal. The upbeat, warm, fun loving melody along with the unique Newfie/Irish accents sang in the lyrics well represents St. Johns (where the Berserkers are located) in this song. In addition, The Fables are from Newfoundland and Heave Away is well known throughout the Canadian province being a contagious song to sign along to which will sure get the crowd involved.

The goal song lyrics also have a deeper meaning as the main words “heave away” means to put maximum effort into a physical task, often done as a team. In the physical sport of hockey, it takes a full team effort to win. Thus, in a literal sense, “the jolly boys must heave away” to get that game winning goal, playing off the lyrics of the song.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

inspired by ye olde new england softpack, an excellent goal song for any team brave enough to venture it is one direction's "heart attack". guaranteed audience participation with the OWWWWWWW sections.

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates