Create Account

SHL History Department: Some updates
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2020, 08:58 PM by luke.)

Hello SHL, this is the SHL history department checking in with some things that we have been working on. First of all I would like to thank everyone in our department that put in a lot of times to get most of these things off the ground. As you know the past couple of seasons the SHL History/SMJHL History Section was lacking direction/updating/there was a lot of info that just want kept up in general. Since I and the people I hired got to work around the midpoint of last season, we went into hard work to get a lot of info up to date, so huge shoutouts to them. But yeah, lets get into some announcement for what we have been doing

1. If you look at the history section, we got all of the Team Profiles updated to at least S52, for both the SHL and SMJHL Teams. We also included all of the logos used in every team in the history. As well in the history section we have updated the SHL and SMJHL GM history, that includes the GM's Team Record, if they won the President Cup, and if they won either the 4 Star Cup or Challenge Cup. To go along with it, if you go to either of their threads
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=21052
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=34128

There will be a spreadsheet that includes things like Best Single Season, Worst Single season, best GM record, etc.

For the awards there are a couple things.
We have compiled all of the Nominations to go along with the winners for both leagues, so we have 99% of all nominations to go along with the winners of the awards, so we have that data to share (the 1% is from some early seasons for the SMJHL/NWHL that we couldnt find). 

So the links to those are
SHL link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing
SMJHL Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

So if you look at the SHL link you can see that there is more than the SHL. So for the SMJHL Im still in the process of making it like the SHL version, so expect that to be like the SHL in a week or so.

But if you do look at the SHL link then you will see some great things. First there is each tab for each Award, and with that it shows season by season of who won and who got nominated.

Now this is what we finished is going to be announced. Along with those, we finished compiling all of the SHL Challenge Cup Winners, and All Star's and made a big sheet that shows everyone that got nominated for an award, anyone who won a Challenge Cup, and anyone that was an All Star.

the link is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing
It also has a tab for SHL HOF Players to show their accomplishments.

But to go along with that spreadsheet I made a website so that you can search for specific players, so you dont have to go through around 960 people to find your player
The link is: https://luketd.github.io/SHL-Achievement...index.html

Now the site isnt done, as I would like to make it easier to read/QOL aspects, but it works and its great. One thing I would like to ask if you see anything that is wrong, like a name mispelled, double of the same name/ any inaccuracies please DM me on the site or discord so I can fix it. Im sure there will be errors on it so I would like to fix those.

Also on the site you can download the database in a csv format if you want to do stuff with the data itself.

3. If you won the Ron Mexico award and dont have an MVP trophy next to your name message me your player name and season that you won so I can get that to you. Ill be awarding them from now on. Along with HOF, CC Champs, 4 Star Champs, etc.

4. This was already announced, but if you havent known about it, we have a visual history of the SHL now, in terms of a map and what each team did from season to season. We also have a database full of all of the logos in the SHL.

5. For SHL Career Records, we have the all time points and stuff record up to S51, I need to update the goalie one, so look out for that as well.  We also have a new thread for all time GM records and as always Tomen is updating the Single Season Records. There is a new FHM Era by the way, if anyone didnt know.

But yeah, big shoutout to the department for the effort they are putting into to make the SHL history section well preserved and easy to get stats and info for anyone who stumbles across it

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Amazing work. Your whole team are studs

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

a1 work here

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

This, is amazing. Fantastic work!

Yaaaaaaaaay!!!

I'd just like to say Edmonton is the rightful owner of the most Challenge cups (we got to 8 first!) and Cole Reinhart trophies (We have 14!) not Calgary. I can't let this injustice go unnoticed!

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

05-29-2020, 03:09 PMTommySalami Wrote: I'd just like to say Edmonton is the rightful owner of the most Challenge cups (we got to 8 first!) and Cole Reinhart trophies (We have 14!) not Calgary. I can't let this injustice go unnoticed!

you can send complaints to [email protected]

05-29-2020, 03:11 PMluketd Wrote:
05-29-2020, 03:09 PMTommySalami Wrote: I'd just like to say Edmonton is the rightful owner of the most Challenge cups (we got to 8 first!) and Cole Reinhart trophies (We have 14!) not Calgary. I can't let this injustice go unnoticed!

I got an undeliverable error.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

I wasn't told I should complain but CAL isnt above EDM in anything except sucking and the amount of Rostered Izzys :kekw:

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

05-29-2020, 03:11 PMluketd Wrote:

While you're changing it you can add Edmonton to the top of the Pres trophy list with (8) too.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

05-29-2020, 05:41 PMKeygan Wrote:
05-29-2020, 03:11 PMluketd Wrote: you can send complaints to [email protected]

While you're changing it you can add Edmonton to the top of the Pres trophy list with (8) too.
I’ve had the sheet your referencing to for like 6 seasons and this is the first time I’m hearing any Edmonton fanboys complaining. Do I hear they are getting paid to protest xD

gib 5th uppercut nom

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Great work to you and your team, deserves more recognition!

Cheers

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

luke for littleton

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]