Create Account

Maine Timber Players to Look Out For in S54

[509 words, ready to grade]
Timber Which Maine Timber players to keep an eye out in S54 Timber
by Braut Haaland

Season 54 is just around the corner, or literally today, so let's talk about 5 Timber players to look out for this upcoming season.

1) Lucas Hellquist
Lucas came off a pretty disappointing sophomore season with only 14 points and ended the pre-season with only 1 assist to his name. He is a player that definitely needs to step up his game, especially with the losses of Al Kayhall and Thicc Cheezy to their SHL teams. He also somehow was top in PIMs in the pre-season, which, in a team with Valentin, is a feat in of itself, but we're hoping that's just a blip. His point production needs to improve if he wants to make it in this league, so look to him to revive the talk about him.

2) Leo Bloomfield
The Timber's new starting goalie had a fantastic rookie season as backup and now that Olli was called up to the SHL, Bloomey (as he's referred to in the locker room) needs to show the Timber exactly why they drafted him and look to him to steal some games for the Timber.

3) Valentin Kalashnikov
The newly appointed captain will definitely be looked at with more scrutiny. I'm looking to him to provide that spark for the team to get some wins and bring them to the playoffs. Also there's not much to say about him in terms of production, it's just more of keep an eye out for his big hits when he get the chance. Dude is a freight train.

4) Alexander Roach
This defensive forward, and also assistant captain, is going to be massive for the team if they want to go to the next level. His defensive skill is something to behold and without him the team may be a lot worse off defensively. Look to him to provide much needed defensive stability for his line.

5)Mikkel Asmus Sondergard
Coming off a pretty good rookie season after being drafted 1st overall in the SMJHL draft, Mikkel was given the assistant captain role showing that he's a player that immediately came in and made a difference. But will the pressure get to him with the A on his jersey? Only time will tell, but I'm looking forward to him making a difference.

So there you have it, the 5 players that I think will have the spotlight directly on them to move the team forward into the playoffs this year. The rest of the team is well geared towards a good playoff run, and they shouldn't be discounted. The rookies (or saplings in LR talk) have to show that they were worth the pick and that they will step up when these players don't some games. I'm looking forward to seeing how Maine balance their team in order to not be horrifically outshot every game and score more goals than they did last year. This will be a fun season folks! Now let's sit back and enjoy the ride!

[Image: EXyOBWw.png]

Good luck this season!
Cheers

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Big things coming boys

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber

Gl to the rene boys on the timber

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Timber

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

Defensive Alexander Defend Roach Defender

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]