Create Account

Conner Hutton - First Games/Preseason Presser
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2020, 05:31 PM by overdoo.)

Conner Hutton approaches the podium after his first few games in the SMJHL, ready for any questions you may have for him. 

[Image: HuttonAvatar.png]

05-29-2020, 05:18 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: Thoughts on your start so far personally and as a team?

What are you hoping to improve as the season progresses?

Favorite pre-game meal?

Hey man, thanks for the questions. I think the preseason tempered my expectations a little bit, and I definitely had an idea of what to expect going into these first couple of games. I'd like to think I held up well and carried my own weight, but I have to thank my teammates for giving me opportunities to do what I can do best. We came out hard and I think we controlled both of our games, but Bloomfield had a hell of a game for the Timber. As the season goes on I would really like to make strides in my physical game. I've always had that offensive touch, and I've worked hard on my defensive game up to this point, but I really need to keep up with the pace in this league to be successful. My favorite meal in the past has probably been a good steak, baked potato, and some corn on the cob. I've learned to keep it a little bit lighter before games but there is no way I can deny that.

05-29-2020, 05:19 PMsve7en Wrote: How has the adjustment to the league been so far?

Have you felt much pressure as a top 15 overall and top 5 first gen player drafted?

What goals and expectations do you have of a rookie season where there's established depth in front of you and your line mate Axel Foley?

What would you change about the rookie experience both in the league and in Carolina?

It was a bit of a rush at the start, you know as a new guy I didn't know how a lot of things worked but I feel like I've hit a good stride with it. It has been really fun so far, worth any of the troubles, pains, or aches that I had experienced. As far as being drafted high, I think I've been putting quite a bit of pressure on myself. It's good pressure though, it has really gotten me motivated to work towards getting better as a player, which I think can only benefit me later in my career. However, I'll be honest, I was not aware of being a top 5 first gen player, so maybe I've got a little more working for me. My team has been great with that though, they've made it easy on me and so far it has been nothing but encouragement. Like I said earlier, I think the preseason dampened my expectations a little bit, but I'm really just looking to be a positive on the ice for my team. I'm not looking for flashy numbers or anything, yet. Foley has been amazing in helping me with that so far, he plays a game that compliments mine nicely and I think as the season goes on we'll learn how to do some damage in this league. Being taken in the same draft, I'm excited to possibly work our way to the top pair in Carolina as we move forward. So far, my experience has been great, and so has Carolina. League-wise, while there isn't much that can be changed, it's sucked seeing some of the guys not get picked up on teams so far. I've talked to a few of them and it's a situation that is a bit rough for everyone involved. In Carolina, I think I already feel like part of their family, and that is mostly what I was hoping for. I really have no complaints.

05-29-2020, 05:21 PMGeekusoid Wrote: How has Captain Wagner helped out you and the other rookies in the Kraken locker room?

What improvements do you feel you need to make immediately in order to perform better in the J?

Wagner has been incredible so far. He reached out before that draft, and he has made sure now that I am on the team that I, along with Foley, Zuntnere, and Man, are all welcome. He's helped me a ton, along with other members of the leadership team and management for the Kraken, navigate my way around the SMJHL, and it has made a huge difference, so I'd like to thank him again for that now. However, as I said earlier, I need to work on my physical game to make a bigger impact in the league. I need to get faster, to create some room for myself, but more importantly stronger. I've noticed that most times I am giving up the puck I've just been muscled off or hit off of it. I need to fix that as soon as I can.

05-29-2020, 05:22 PMFuzzSHL Wrote: What is the strangest experience you’ve had interacting with your new teammates?

What are your personal goals for the season?

Care to address the rumors that you and fellow rookie Axel Foley have a started a hair band as a side gig, one that’s already supposedly sponsored by a major audio company, called Axel Bose?

There have been a few inside jokes I haven't caught onto quite yet, and I think the weirdest one is probably the obsession with Terry Bradshaw. I never really watched much NFL, so I have no clue as to why he is important to some of the guys here. It might be a little too late to ask them what is up with that now though.. As far as personal goals go, again I'm just trying to make a positive impact for my team. I think these first few games I was just trying to hold my weight, and now that I know what it is like to play up here I can focus on just playing my game. As a team, I think we'd love to make a great playoff run, and I would love that, but for myself, I just want to advance my game and become a bigger factor for the Kraken in the future. As far as those rumors, I wasn't quite aware that is what they call our music, Axel just gave me a guitar and told me to crank a few not-.. I mean, uh, no comment.

05-29-2020, 05:23 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Biggest impressions on the J so far?

Favorite teammate?

Do you have a pregame ritual?

Any thoughts looking forward to the SHL?

Hot dogs or hamburgers?

You know, at the same time it has been harder, but also not as bad as I was expecting. I for sure need to improve like I've said, but I really didn't expect to make as much of an impact as I did in my first game. There's always a good chance that was just a great game for me, but I'm hoping that I can keep that type of play going forward through the season. It's been fun so far, so I'm more than happy to stay here for a few more years. I think you and I both know I can't answer that question, everyone has been great so far. Eller has bailed me out a ton already, and Axel has been a fantastic linemate to play with. Wagner and Knight are always fun to play a shift with, and they're both great off the ice. Even more guys in there that have been great, but I'll cut it off there for you. Before games, I don't really have much that would qualify as a ritual. I've mostly just joined in on team warm-ups, games, all that. I've tried not to base my game off of something, just to keep my head into it. To nitpick, I would go with putting the left side of all my equipment on first. Shin pads, pants, skates, gloves, you name it. For the SHL, I'm really just looking forward to the draft. There isn't too much else I can find myself a part of there yet, My dad and I used to watch a lot as I grew up but that is about as much as I know about it. I just can't wait for the draft. Hot dogs or hamburgers? I'll have to take a burger on this one. I've had some pretty good hot dogs, but I'm picking the burger most times.

05-29-2020, 05:24 PMObsidian311 Wrote: Where'd the blunt wraps go?

Sorry Man, I had to see what you were dealing with, tried some out myself. They should be back on your hotel nightstand before the next game.

05-29-2020, 05:27 PMFitted2106 Wrote: How do you feel about Carolina, do you enjoy it so far?

Where do you see yourself projecting in the future in terms of the type of player you want to be?

What do you think while your in the J you need to work on to become ready once you make the jump to the next level?

Thanks for the questions, Carolina has been great so far. I wouldn't have picked another team to get drafted to if I had the chance. Great people on the team, and it's been fun to play with them. I really want to be that guy that can get stuff done offensively, that good option on the powerplay, a quarterback style. So far I've been working on just getting my overall game up, but that is what my final goal is in the SHL. Like I've said, for the SMJHL itself I need to work on my physical game right now. To make the jump to the SHL though? I really just need to focus on my overall game. I have to make sure everything is up to their standard, and then I can worry about how I want to progress after that.

05-29-2020, 06:06 PMMazatt Wrote: You had a strong performance in your first game this season, how much does it mean to you to start off the season strong?

Do you feel that being on a hockey team could distract from being in a super cool hair band with an... unnamed teammate?

Do you feel that the strong preseason for the Kraken is indicitave of a strong regular season to come?

Yeah, I think the team rallied really well to get the first goal in that game, we put ourselves in a good position. I think once I was able to grab my first point in the SMJHL, that calmed some nerves, I was really able to play my game after that and we came out with the win. I wasn't shooting for it my first game, but getting the first star was a really great experience, and I think it gave me one of the opening nights that I was hoping for since the draft. As far as the preseason goes, I know that sometimes it isn't a good indicator, but I feel like I can speak on behalf of the team that we really found our game early. We were playing great, and if we can keep that up I have no doubt we will have a fantastic season. Even with the Kraken, I think I have enough free time that I could be a part of a band.. We'll need a name though..

05-30-2020, 06:29 AMThatguy91 Wrote: Did you have any issues adjusting to the game at the SMJHL level?

How do you feel about Carolina Barbecue?

Do you prefer mayo or vinegar in your coleslaw?

Preseason was the introduction for me, I think it gave me a glimpse of what the SMJHL will be like for a player like me. It was tough for me to get my offense going in the preseason, but near the end, I was able to snag a couple of goals. That alone helped me to figure out what I needed to do to produce at this level, and I believe that was shown in my first game against the Knights. I've already tried the barbeque here, the first day in Raleigh after my flight some teammates took me out. It's much different than what we have up in Saskatchewan, but I'm all for some good pulled pork so I loved it, definitely something I can get used to. For the coleslaw, my mother always made it with both mayo and some vinegar in it. That's mostly the only way I've ever had it, but if I had to choose which one to drop it would be vinegar, I just can't see coleslaw without mayo.

Thanks, everyone for coming out and asking questions, it was a good time and I hope to do it again in the future!

Thoughts on your start so far personally and as a team?

What are you hoping to improve as the season progresses?

Favorite pre-game meal?

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

How has the adjustment to the league been so far?

Have you felt much pressure as a top 15 overall and top 5 first gen player drafted?

What goals and expectations do you have of a rookie season where there's established depth in front of you and your line mate Axel Foley?

What would you change about the rookie experience both in the league and in Carolina?

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

How has Captain Wagner helped out you and the other rookies in the Kraken locker room?

What improvements do you feel you need to make immediately in order to perform better in the J?

What is the strangest experience you’ve had interacting with your new teammates?

What are your personal goals for the season?

Care to address the rumors that you and fellow rookie Axel Foley have a started a hair band as a side gig, one that’s already supposedly sponsored by a major audio company, called Axel Bose?

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

Biggest impressions on the J so far?

Favorite teammate?

Do you have a pregame ritual?

Any thoughts looking forward to the SHL?

Hot dogs or hamburgers?

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Where'd the blunt wraps go?

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]

Hiw do you feel about carolina do you enjoy it so far?

Where do you see yourself projecting in the future in terms of the type of player you want to be?

What do you think while your in the J you need to work on to become ready once you make the jump to the next level?

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2020, 06:07 PM by Mazatt.)

You had a strong performance in your first game this season, how much does it mean to you to start off the season strong?

Do you feel that being on a hockey team could distract from being in a super cool hair band with an... unnamed teammate?

Do you feel that the strong preseason for the Kraken is indicitave of a strong regular season to come?

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Did you have any issues adjusting to the game at the SMJHL level?

How do you feel about Carolina Barbecue?

Do you prefer mayo or vinegar in your coleslaw?

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]