Create Account

Scarecrows Steal Detroit Mascot

The people of Detroit are in peril. They need help. Skree, the Detroit Falcon’s mascot, was missing from the grand opening of the new Septic Facility in downtown Detroit. I know what you’re thinking, “Skree? That’s a pretty stupid name for a mascot.” Although I am an unbiased reporter, I would have to agree with you, but the people of Detroit love him and voted on his name.
[Image: mascot-studio-07030513189-550x550h.jpg]

The nice people of Detroit, including their players, have been constipated for weeks. Detroit is the Clogged-Toilet Capital of the world, but without a new septic facility they’ve been forced to either hold it in or take matters elsewhere. Unfortunately for them, they’ll have to wait a while longer before they can take a fat steamer in the comfort of their own bathroom. When Skree the Falcon did not show up to cut the ribbon, the Detroit faithful erupted in anger and totally demolished the brand-new facility.
[Image: demolition-building-destroyed-600w-615619901.jpg]

The Detroit Falcons front office and players have been searching everywhere for Skree. Under rocks. At their neighbors’ houses. You know what? I guess they haven’t looked very hard, have they? Again, I am just and unbiased reporter, but these Detroit Falcons are not the brightest of people.
[Image: tenor.gif]

Even the Detroit detectives couldn’t find Skree, but after a few minutes of searching online, we were able to pinpoint the location of the mascot. Skree currently resides in St. Louis Missouri with the Scarecrows.
[Image: 68.jpeg]

We reached out to player/GM Danny Marston for comment.
“We were a bit upset after losing our first game of the year to the Falcons. I’m not sure who did it, but someone on the team must have stolen Skree.” Said Marston. “I didn’t really notice he was on the bus until we were halfway home.”

The expected outcome for someone being taken from their home is that they would be scared, worried, or angry, but Skree seemed to display none of those symptoms.
“We were going to turn around and bring him back home, but he pleaded us not to,” said Scarecrows left winger Eric Hudson. “I think he was a little fed-up with the city of Detroit. I remember his eyes lit up when he saw the Gateway Arch for the first time.”

Our team went to St. Louis to get a comment from Skree himself. I gotta tell you, as an unbiased reporter, the city of St. Louis is one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever been in. You could see your reflection in the sidewalk. Dogs could talk. Homeless people offered us money. It truly is a wonderful city.

We found Skree living in the guest house of the richest player on the Scarecrows roster, Grapefruit Lizard. After he unpromptedly assured us several times that he was not billionaire Mark Zuckerberg, he took us out to his guest house to meet with the bird himself.
[Image: dfb448ddbb5ba6c66c03ad11a821857b.jpg]

We had a nice poolside interview with Skree, who assured us that he is not going back to Detroit.
“I hate it there! The fans are annoying. The city smells. The players always spit in my Falcon Head when I take it off,” said a disgruntled Skree. “St. Louis is the nicest place I’ve ever been to. I want to stay here forever.”

We wondered if there was any ill-will towards the Scarecrows players kidnapping him.
“I had been praying every night before bed that someone would take me away from that awful place,” Skree said. “What they did for me was truly a blessing. There is no ill-will at all.”

Now the question is; where does Skree go from here? Does he dawn a new suit and become the Scarecrows mascot? Danny Marston says “no”.
“Mascots are a bit childish and I think it would be an insult to our fans to have one,” said Marston. “Maybe that kind of stuff works out better over in Detroit but not here.”

“We’re going to do everything we can to accommodate him,” said Eric Hudson. “He’s clearly suffering from some sort of PTSD. I don’t know how they treated him over in Detroit but we’re going to bring him in as part of our family over here.”
Stay tuned as the season progresses for more news about Skree and the ensuing chaos in Detroit that followed his departure.

Code:
Word Count:

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]

scarecrow noises

Scarecrows  Scarecrows  Scarecrows

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

10/10 article

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

Aren’t you like 0-3 or something

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

@Mike Izzy

Where have I seen something like this before?

@rum_ham

What a beauty of an article.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

[Image: datfalc.jpg]

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

I would like to thank the reporter for not mentioning the Hayes costume that I've had to keep stuffing back into its closet since Skree has started his new life.

On an unrelated note, if anyone knows a priest who handles clothing exorcisms, please DM me.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!