Create Account

SMJHL Not The Onion : Hockey Player Realizes he's Spelling his Own Name Wrong

Quite a shocking look could be seen on Jean-Uthred Ragnarsson-Tremblay's face after his last encounter with Turd Ferguson. After a quick game called "Pros drawing Prospects" where Ferguson drew Ragnarsson-Tremblay and wrote the prospect's name on the drawing, the young Finno-Québecois man corrected the artist. The drawing showed "Jean-Uhtred Ragnarsson-Tremblay" instead of "Jean-Uthred Ragnarsson-Tremblay", and JURT was adamant that it was wrong.

He was part right. His birth certificate does say Jean-Uthred Ragnarsson-Tremblay. However, the traditionnal Saxon name, dating from before England became itself, is indeed spelled Uhtred.

"My mother's Finnish and my father's Québecois", said the man whose whole life was just shattered. "Dad's a huge fan of The Last Kingdom and a proud Québecois, so he insisted I get both a Québecois name and that series hero's name. I never really questionned it, it's just my name, you know. But I guess he didn't know how to spell it correctly."

Changing name is a long, complicated and expensive process, and the Colorado player still hasn't taken a decision on it. "I have made it this far with a mispelled name. Plus, everyone always calls me Jurt, so I don't know if it's worth the hassle. It does feel silly to keep the mistake in too. Maybe I'll have to toss a coin."

252 words

[Image: lespoils.gif]

But JURT is so easy to spell!

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride