Create Account

S54 PT #2 - Play by Play

Written option: In 150+ words, write out a radio/TV announcer’s call of one of your favorite moments from your player - from this season, a past season, or even a past career with a different player. If you want, include a color commentator’s breakdown of how the play happened. As part of your PT (it counts towards the word count), explain what makes this a special moment for you.
Graphic option: Make a graphic of the moment as it happened.
Audio option: Record yourself making the call! (45 seconds minimum).
@"thecanadiancanuck" may claim 1 additional TPE for submitting this suggestion (link directly to this post to claim).

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.
You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Sunday, June 7th at 11:59pm ET.
Affiliate claims from either PBE or NSFL are accepted! (if you’re claiming this and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.)
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2020, 09:53 AM by sve7en.)

[188 words]

The season 53 home opener:

Ladies and gentlemen...
starting at right wing...
returning for his sophomore season with the Carolina Kraken...
all the way from Perg, Austria...
your captain...
number seventy two...
Jiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmy Waaaaaaaaaaaaagner

"Stepping out of the locker room tunnel and on to the Spectrum Center ice in that home opener of the second season was probably more meaningful than doing so in my rookie season. I wasn't a draft pick any more, I had more experience at that point. The expectations and responsibility were elevated both with being a veteran and being just named captain. I was no longer some unproven rookie, and the fans, organization, and teammates had fully embraced me as a Kraken, and a leader at that. That feeling and moment trumps any individual play I've had in my career, and would really only be surpassed by winning a cup either here or in Los Angeles."

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

06-01-2020, 12:01 AMsve7en Wrote: ph

dude that was so fast lol

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2020, 03:21 AM by hockeyiscool.)

The Carolina Kraken are down 3-1 against the Detroit Falcons.
"Lee Samson bravely gets in the way of a blistering shot that was deflected by Edward Williams. 
Samson picks the puck up and skates it out of the zone. Samson plays the puck down into the Falcon's zone. 
Kwame Dakari wins the foot race over Toki Wartooth and comes up with the puck. Dakari dishes the puck over to Salomon Frosty behind the net.
Frosty skates the puck to the slot before making an errant pass intended for Adam Friedland. 
Dakari controls the loose puck and sends a bullet to Dwight Knight who's standing just outside of the goal-box.
Dwight Knight, with a defender on his hip, slaps it on goal.
Jobin gets low and makes the save, Jobin tries to play the puck to a teammate, but Dwight Knight swoops in an grabs it. 
Knight shoots and it beats Jobin!!! 

This is Dwight Knight's first goal of his SMJHL career.
The Kraken are now within one goal of the Falcons! Kwame Dakari and Lee Samson are credited with the assists."
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2020, 05:47 PM by 5ympathies.)

Time is winding down in the third period. It's 3-2 in favour is St. Louis, game 7 of the S46 SMJHL finals. Kelowna needs to make something happen quick, otherwise their fate is sealed. 

They've been playing the puck too much in their own end, they just haven't been able to leave the defensive zone.

With just under 5 minutes to go, Leblanc ices the puck forcing a face off to her left.

Kelowna centre wins it and hurls it back to the d-man who turns and circles around behind the net. Quickly, he passes it up along the boards right onto the tape of Clapper who enters the offensive zone and just wrists it towards the St. Louis net minder. It hits the goalie on his left shoulders and bounces up and over.

It's crossed the line! We have a tie game, 3-3! Only 3 minutes left in play and it's looking like we are headed to OT.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Placeholder
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2020, 11:54 AM by Nhamlet.)

"Here we are ladies and gentlemen, at the S53 SHL Entry Draft in Montreal Quebec, Canada on a sunny Sunday afternoon. We've already gone through the first ten picks of the draft having seen a trio of defensemen go in the last three picks. The talent drop off isn't huge but I think there's a clear cut between those who have stood out at the top 10 and now Chicago gets to make their choice of the bets of the rest with their 11th overall selection. Here it comes..."

"With the eleventh overall pick in the S53 draft, the Chicago Syndicate are extremely proud to select....from the NEWFOUNDLAND BERSERKERS, RYUUJI MINAMINO, welcome to the organization!"

"Wow this is a bit of a surprise pick for some of us! I think that many of the mocks going in had him as high this selection to all the way in the middle of the second! I suppose that's what happens in a very deep class such as this so there are a bunch interchangeable players, but clearly the Syndicate organization have seen something special in this kid as he was only selected 65th overall in his Junior Draft. Needless to say, to continue growing as a player as much as he has to become a first round selection speaks volumes about the effort that's shown since joining the Berserkers. That will make it three first round selections of Berserker players and that team should feel proud in both their drafting and development program. "

Didn't think I would put myself in that 1st round pick status given the huge group of talented players and users but even with a slow start I've found myself dedicating to catching up and passing many of my peers whom I'm so glad to have been drafted with in the first place.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2020, 08:41 PM by Skeleton Party.)

Announcer: Aaaaand William Hartmann accepts the breakout pass from Sven Yxskaft, has Marcus Ohlsson on the wing.... Hartmann sends it to Ohlsson… oh! It takes a bad bounce! Ohlsson loses it and Vessot blasts by, picking up the biscuit. He's covered closely by Yxskaft but OH MY! He has Scianna breaking on the far side! He dishes to Adam Scianna as he makes his way in on the breakaway. Scianna with the tricky forehand dangle... up high... AND ROBBED BY ███ █████! STRAIGHT UP LARCENY! Snail, Corrigan, and Forestier dig on the end boards for control as Kelowna applies full pressure oh my goodness! Vancouver controls! Vancouver handles the puck, getting it up the ice... controlling the clock as it ticks town to three... two... one.... AND THAT'S IT FOLKS! FIRST SMJHL CAREER SHUTOUT FOR ███ █████! The Vancouver Whalers with a surprising victory against the Kelowna Knights 3-0 to bring Vancouver back to .500 on the season!

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2020, 10:14 PM by Zomp.)

Friends and foes.
Ladies and Men
Men and ladies.

Set your eyes forth as you're about to witness history in the making. For as Ethan Price has just stepped foot upon the ice. Known to many as the greatest player this generation has ever had the opportunity to lay their eyes upon. This is a man who goaltenders fear, some say that they request to sit the game out upon hearing he's on the line up.

Watch now, witness the glory as he skates forth through the center of the ice upon receiving a pass from his teammate. The man appears to be a magician, drifting and weaving through the defense men. My god, he's a maniac and it appears as though no one can stop him! Heaven's above, he's about to go for a slap shot! Off the puck goes, darting toward the goalie as he cowers in fear. Going..- going..- and the puck missed the net by about ten feet! Perhaps this just isn't his night.

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2020, 11:38 AM by _Blitz_.)

Game 2, S52 Four Star Cup Finals: St. Louis vs. Anaheim.

It's late in the Third, just under 5 to go in Anaheim. 3-2, Outlaws. Lining up in the right-side circle in the Anaheim zone after icing by Grant Thurber.

Kevin Robinson versus Danny Marston in the circle. Marston takes it after a small scuffle, passes it back for Mega Tron. 

Tron shoots! 

Misses wide right!

Flash Gordon is there, steps around Alex Petrenko to collect the loose puck and send it along the boards for Aron Hernadivic. Fish, looking, centers it for Marston!

Marston, challenged by Carragher, has the puck poked away. 

But, he's able to get it back! CT Carragher stepped back, leaving Marston clear in front of Chamberlain!

Danny Marston, scrambles! Pokes the puck under the left knee of Strom Chamberlain!

We are 3-3 at 15:05 in the 3rd in Anaheim, and the Scarecrows are back in the game!

We lost that one.

Kevin Robinson came back 2 minutes later and scored the 4th goal for Anaheim. They'd go on to win the series.

But for me, it's a really memorable goal. Not only was it putting my first Playoff goal past my good buddy Strom, @Geekusoid, but it was my last goal in the Simon T era and my only goal in the Playoffs that season.

For 2 glorious minutes, it was also the momentum we thought we had to carry us to victory against the Outlaws.

Well, it was great while it lasted.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

"We're going to let the fans here countdown the final seconds in the Challenge Cup Finals!"

5, 4, 3, 2, 1 *buzzer sounds*

"Ladies and Gentlemen, your Season 49 Challenge Cup Champions, the Edmonton Blizzard! What a dominating performance here in the finals as Edmonton sweeps New England 4-0 to capture the Challenge Cup! From top to bottom, this Blizzard team outplayed every opponent they faced, fighting from a wild card spot to get to this point, crowned champions!

We're going to send it to centre ice now for the presentation of the Anton Razov Trophy for Playoff MVP and of course the Challenge Cup."

"On behalf of all the voters, I'd like to award the Season 49 Anton Razov trophy to the man who led the playoffs in goals with 12 and points with 25, Hercules Rockefeller! What a superstar run you had to help bring your team to the ultimate goal, SHL Champions! Come up here and get your trophy!"

(162 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
15-6-0
Regular Season - [G 2] [A 3] [Pts 5] [+/- +6] [PIM 10] [Hits 12] [SB 38]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

When it comes to my favorite moment for Knox Booth in the SHL, it has to be when I won silver in the most recent IIHF tournament with my team, Czechia. It was a wild tournament for us and one in which we performed admirably, and finally I was able to taste success as a goaltender in this league. Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely loved every moment I've spent as a Los Angeles Panther but it was during this last run in the IIHF where I was finally able to see the fruits of my labor. Unfortunately when it came to the goal medal game we were not able to take home the ultimate prize, but coming in second place was a wonderful feeling. The great part of it all is that I still have many more seasons left and ample time to top this moment, but when I got to enjoy putting on the silver medal next to my teammates I felt what it was like to achieve something in this league. Now, the only hope is that success can carry forward this season and also help the Los Angeles Panthers realize our ultimate goal in winning the cup!

204 words

[Image: p82ugau.png]

Here we have it folks! Team Canada and the British Isles are all knotted up a 2 a piece in this quarter final elimination game. Bottom seed Canada could really shock the world here with a win over the Union Jacks! Alright, face off in the British Isles' zone. Laforest wins it and Vessot corrals the puck keeping Canada in control. Vessot sends the puck to Thicc Cheezy, he's got a good angle! Ohhh no the Isles big man in the crease Kavanaugh gets a stick on it! Wanesly from the British Isles sends the puck over to his teammate in blue and red Matt Sawful, and Rotticus Scott ties him up! Scott ends up with the puck, and fires to Moreau in the slot! Kavanaugh gets a glove on it, but Scott has the rebound! Scott shoots....AND SCORES!!!! ROTTICUS SCOTT TAKES THE LEAD FOR TEAM CANADA!!! 12 MINUTES LEFT AND THE HEAVY UNDERDOGS JUST MIGHT PULL THIS ONE OFF!!!

[Image: rotti.gif]

PH

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

“Shuffleboard against the boards with Svenson. He comes up with the puck. A quick pass to Coyote. He glides it over to Snail. Snail rears back and fires it behind the net. Smith intercepts it and the Raptors have possession of the puck. A look and a pass on over to Svenson. OH, AND MCMAHON GETS HIS STICK IN THE WAY AND IT IS IN THE NET! Beibitzhanov had no chance at that one. Wow. What a stellar deflection goal off of the behind the net pass.”

“Sato with the puck now, heading into the Colorado zone. A quick pass on over to McMahon. A little tap over to Alessandrini at the point. Alessandrini passes it to Shuffleboard who passes it right on back. Alessandrini fires at the net and is stoned by Beibitzhanov, but the rebound is loose. McMahon in front and he gets a stick on it and scores! Second goal of the night for Bryce McMahon. Whalers are now up 3-0 on the Raptors.”

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]