Create Account

S54 PT #2 - Play by Play

My favorite moment with either of my players is one where Lokitonov wasn't even on the ice. It was Game 7 of the Four Star Cup Finals. For context, the Firebirds had gone all in trading for three capped players before the deadline, and after 30 seasons with no cups in Prince George, this was as intense of a game as possible, and on top of it all it went to overtime.

"The puck is intercepted by Lokitonov, and he dumps it into the Falcons zone to get the first powerplay unit out for the Firebirds. The puck is retrieved by the Falcons netminder and played to Kolesnikovs and he tries to pass the puck through the neutral zone, but the pass is intercepted by PKR! Detroit is caught out!

PKR finds Dildo, who quickly finds Petrikov. Petrikov head fakes a shot finding PKR two on one with Marmeladov! Marmeladov bites on the deke and PKR passes to Dildo with nothing but net in front of him! HE SCORESSSSSSSS! FIREBIRDS FLOOD THE ICE! THEY'VE WON THE FOUR STAR CUP FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THIRTY YEARS!"

It will always be the moment I got hooked to the SHL as I was a first gen rookie playing a role in history for the site. While I didn't star in the play to win it, I still will never forget it.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

S53 playoffs, St.Louis vs. Newfoundland, Game 2

Hey everyone, welcome back to the game. Our St. Louis Scarecrows trail 2-0 here in the first, but have an opportunity with a faceoff in the offensive zone. The puck is dropped and Marston wins the puck back to Luc-Pierre. He's hassled by Ryuuji Minamino, and is pinned against the boards! He attempts to push the puck out of the scrum but Minamino secures it and attempts to push the puck out of his own zone. Martson stops the puck just before the blue line and sends it to Danglechuk who fires on net! its stopped but Danglechuk picks up his own rebound! He fires it back to Luc-Pierre, who blasts it from the point.....SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORES! Lespineau-Lebrunette with the laser from the blue line! Not only his first of the game, not only his first of the playoffs, but his first of the entire S53 season, and it couldnt have come at a better time as he puts St. Louis on the board and within a score!

It was the Challenge Cup, of S41 Game 7

Late 3rd, West Kendall Platoon down by a goal to the Los Angeles Panthers.

Leafer Reilly squares up for the draw, he ties up the Panthers forward and wheels off the dot. He throws it over to Langabeer. ONE TIMER!!!

HE SCORES!, John Langabeer Ties the game up with five and a half minutes left in the game.

Looks like this one is going to come down to the wire.

They line up at center to talk the draw with five and a half left in the game.

Reilly wins the draw once again and slides it over to Langabeer.

Langabeer is flying up the wing, and snaps a wrist shot on net.

HE SCORESS!!! John Langabeer scores just 9 seconds later to give the Platoon the Lead. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT.

Game 7 of the Challenge Cup Finals, and John Langabeer scores two goals late in the 3rd to put the Platoon up one!

The Platoon would finish off the last 5 minutes and bring home their first Challenge cup!

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.

Honestly, one of my favorite moments was winning my first ever Four Star cup on my first player. I was new to the site, I think it was my second season, and going into a game 7 finals vs Kelowna was crazy. I remember us blasting Kickstart My Heart by Motley Crue before every game to get hyped. Now for the pbp:

With time winding down here in the 3rd with Montreal up by one, Kelowna has taken a bad penalty. The fans here are very upset about this call, and have been throwing things on the ice since the official's announcement. After the draw, the puck ends up in the Montreal zone, and Kelowna has decided to pull their goalie to go back to an even strength battle. Montreal has the puck now that Olli Ojala has stolen it, and he sends it down the ice. It skitters past the Kelowna defense... Its on target.... Goooaaaalll. With just 17 seconds left in the period, Ojala has sealed the win and the cup for Montreal.

[Image: 49775_s.png]
Thanks to Budgie and Carpy for the sigs!

Player || Updates
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2020, 11:59 PM by JNH.)

"Westbroek walks into the zone, he has Selman down his wing and he looks to pass it. Smartly, he decides not to give it to Lallo and cuts towards the net. He sees a defender step up... he slides the puck to his backhand and slides it across to Gibbles....

Gibbles on the backdoor hammers the puck...

AND IT'S IN! THE ANAHEIM OUTLAWS HAVE WON THE SEASON 47 FOUR STAR CUP AND THE EXPANSION TEAM HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO GLORY. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?"

I mean it's pretty obvious why this is special. One of the best locker rooms I've been in, filled with some of the genuinely best people on this site. But on top of that, it's fueled my desire to bring Newfoundland to the next level. The group we have there is somehow even better and the feeling of winning a cup with a group of people as fantastic as that could not be matched. So give me this PT again in a couple seasons and I promise I'll have a new memorable PbP to write out.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers