Create Account

S54 PT #2 - Play by Play

"We're about halfway through the first period here in Texas y'all, as your Renegades battle against the Panthers in this early season matchup. McZehrl has the puck for the Panthers but seems to be in trouble. He tries to find a teammate but with Renegades all around he fails miserably, and its Evans with the takeaway. Can he start a fast break? He moves towards goal with the puck and spots Kvalheim open on the wing. They've caught the Panthers out of position here folks and could have a good scoring opportunity. The unselfish Kvalheim spots Gotze open close to the net and slides it over to him, Gotze has a real chance here. He uses his physicality to make even more space for himself and slaps a shot towards net - can Booth stop it? No he can't, Renegades score, Renegades score! A nice team effort here folks and a good way to start the game and season!"

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

"The Rage powerplay on the ice. They've had one shot this powerplay, barely any zone time at all. The Pride defense is in every lane it seems like. There it is again, as Thomason's pass is intercepted by Charlie Schieck."

"I'll tell you what about Schieck, he has had four takeaways in this penalty kill, just amazing play alongside partner Dominic Montgomery who has had three."

"Puck was dumped in there by Vince Reaper, retrieved by Larson. Larson, getting a workout here, hands it off to Luke Thomason drifting behind the net. Fifteen seconds to go on the powerplay, he drops it off to Reginald MacIntyre and zips left to draw Schieck. Schieck has seen this already and is ready to intercept and ... MacIntyre sends it opposite to Aittokallio! He walks in on the right side, a little toe drag to keep it away from Montgomery ... HE SHOOTS AND SCORES! JAX AITTOKALLIO HAS TIED THE GAME AT FOUR IN GAME SIX!!"

"That was a huge moment, after the Pride have failed to score more than two goals in a game all series they've laid it on here and gone all out on offense and you just have to wonder what they have left in the tank to take home the prize. Let's look at what happened here. They spent the whole powerplay trying to work the puck in on the left side with the rest of the team bunched middle-right and it was constantly taken away or forced to dump in. Here, Thomason sets up the same and Schieck is thinking this is easy. What they didn't notice was Aittokallio drifting to the right away from the usual play. MacIntyre sends it to him, he has a step on all but Montgomery, but doesn't need it as he just takes the shot and ties it up here at four."

That was my player's best moment, for sure. S52 Challenge Cup Finals, Game 6 and with 11 seconds remaining in the powerplay he ties the game on a gassed San Francisco Pride team that had gone all in on scoring and didn't have much offense left to give just hoping to shut it down from there. However, while that's his biggest play, it isn't his favorite moment. His favorite moment was later in that game ...

"Off the face-off here, Pride need a goal to tie the game and it is just under a minute remaining. Partridge has been sent to the bench, extra attacker on. Thomason ejected, Winters is taking the face-off against Czerkawski ... and wins it to Thomason. Thomason up the left wall, takes a hit but throws the puck out to McCarthy. McCarthy swings it right for Winters. Winters drifts into the zone, but being closed in on. HE FINDS A LANE BETWEEN CHARLIE SCHIECK'S LEGS! Thomason is there, bobbles a bit but he has all the time in the world and SCORES! Luke Thomason, the man brought to Manhattan from San Francisco, has given Manhattan a two-goal lead with just moments left to play!"

"And here comes the top line to try to ice the game -- Manhattan sending out Aittokallio to face Steven Moyer, both S43s. Partridge sent back in net until they get possession. Aittokallio wins the face-off, Roenick gets it but it is taken off his stick by Jack Tanner! Partridge is running, Tanner gets the puck to Moyer who sends it off to former Rage Tokek Takshak into the zone. Takshak is being swarmed and drops it off to Bo Kane, the rookie pulls back and shoots -- DAVID KASTRBA DOVE FOR THAT ONE! HE IS LAYING EVERYTHING OUT! Tanner grabs off the bounce, over to Moyer. Moyer gets closed in on by Roenick who knocks the puck away and out to the neutral zone. Takshak throws the puck back in, but everyone needs to tag up. Aittokallio with it ... Ladies and Gentleman as he throws it into the air, the MANHATTAN RAGE are your SEASON FIFTY TWO CHALLENGE CUP CHAMPIONS!! THEY ARE SWARMING THE ICE!!"

And that ... by my player's account, is the greatest moment he's ever lived through.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2020, 07:14 PM by peej2189.)

2;451;Faceoff: Linus Grimstad gets lower on the faceoff, and Carolina has the puck...
2;452;Erik Johansson  with the slap shot from the blue line...
2;452;Panda Panico redirects it...
2;452;Panda Panico scores! Olli Saarinen, Jr. slams his stick on the ice.
This is the moment that I realized my player could score a damn goal. Holy, I was watching the game live at the time and I was stoked to see it. Seeing my name come up on the text that I had the puck and shot got a lot of nerves built up, and then to finally hear the goal horn... man was it a good feeling. That continued to feel good with that being my players best game up to that point in time. I believe we were only 10 games or so into the season at the time though. Still a great feeling to score the first goal!

[Image: panico.png]

I think Laforest best memory thus far has to be to score a goal in a WJC. Not just any goal, but a medal round goal in the second game versus Team UCORAL and the goaltender was Samat Beibitzhanov.

Playing in Kelowna with a stacked roster, Daniel Laforest playing time took quite a dive in the playoffs. So going to the WJC and playing 2nd line minutes helped him feel a sense on involvement and a chance to contribute to the teams success. Lets take a listen to the play-by-play....

A.J Rocks-"...and thats up out into the crowd. Faceoff just left of Beibitzhanov, clean win by Laforest,....steps around his checker and snaps one on goal! Beibitzhanov surprised and beat up high. Canada takes the 1-0 lead..."

Stan "the man"- ....what an incredible move by Laforest, tapping the puck forward and sniping one home, good thing he was on the off wing and had a great angle to beat the goalie up high...."

A.J.Rocks- great shot!

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2020, 07:57 PM by roastpuff.)

John Shorthouse: "There's less than forty-five seconds left in the game, John, and the Kelowna Knights are desperately trying to tie this game up! They're throwing everything at the net, including bodies!"

John Garrett: "That's right, John, these last few minutes have been all Kelowna as they are trailing the Detroit Falcons by a goal in Game 6 of the S53 Four Star Cup final!"

John Shorthouse: "Sulfurgold gets crushed into the wall by Alex Ranch as he takes a pass from NCheese, but Magnus Liljestrom is there to tie up Morgan Forestier who attempts to retrieve the puck! They're battling hard in the corner and Liljestrom manages to get it loose - but he gets SLAMMED by Seppala who comes flying in! Forestier comes up with the loose puck, and passes to Williams! Williams can't control the pass, and it comes out to the neutral zone!"

John Garrett: "That's borderline charging! Liljestrom is a little slow to get going after that hard hit!"

John Shorthouse: "A shallow dump-in by Devin Williams, and Labovitch intercepts the pass. He passes to Liljestrom, who carries it up ice for a dump in, deflected out of play by Kelowna."

John Garrett: "This is going to be a critical faceoff for Kelowna in their own zone as the seconds tick away, John, and they are going to have one last chance with the goalie pulled and six attackers on ice!"

John Shorthouse: "Rocco Berni gets kicked out of the circle as one of the wingers jumped the gun, and McMaster will win this draw to Sulfurgold, who fires it on net! Devin Williams blocks the shot, and the puck goes deep into the Detroit zone! The clock hits zero! The Detroit Falcons have won the Four Star Cup, in Game 6, with a score of 2 to 1!"

------

This was a special moment for me because we were super close to closing the game out, and then I get charged hard into the boards, losing the puck and letting them have an offensive opportunity. My heart sank, and then rose again after they bobbled it. Being on the ice and closing the game out as Burlok managed to get the puck into their zone, eating up time, was an amazing feeling. Having the clock count down the seconds and hearing the absolutely silent Prospera Place was indescribable, as was the feeling when the team came off the benches to mob us at center ice. What a feeling, winning the Four Star Cup in your sophomore year. The only thing better would have to been winning it on home ice, but I'll take what I got and savor it.

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

"He's done it, by god he has done it. Justin Keahi has done the unthinkable here tonight, it is truly unbelievable. Words can not describe how momentous an occasion this is. Your Kelowna Knights are the S53 Four Star Cup champions, and Justin Keahi has been announced playoff MVP with an impressive stat line of 26 goals, 15 assists in 12 playoff games. Truly remarkable finish to a season, where the Kelowna Knights went 50-0-0 during the regular season."

"Keahi are you still playing SHChel? Dude you need to stop, the season is starting soon and you have barely touched your skates in months. It's time to go man."

This is a special moment for Keahi, because there has been no opportunities for memorable moments after a season in the SMJHL. His career is just starting, and there is nothing major to note or remember for the young boy born on an island somewhere in the Pacific Ocean,

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

My SMJHL career had so many spectacular moments, but none will top getting a hat trick in game four of the S52 Four Star Cup finals. 

"Kevin Robinson has the puck. He sends a pass over to Alex Petrenko, always dangerous on the Power Play. He fires away...and Doyle can't make the save! Third goal of the night! Alex Petrenko has done it! He has the hat trick! The Outlaws take a 6-4 lead and there's not much time left for the Scarecrows. A win tonight would put Anaheim one game away from winning the Four Star Cup!"

It was simply a magical season for the Outlaws and I couldn't have been happier to win the cup with this great group of players. However, to not only be part of a championship team but to be able to play on such a high level and help the team as much as I was able to was a great honor. I'm a defenseman, and more of a passer than a goal scorer, but I was just having one of those nights and I'm happy that I was able to show what I can do in a clutch situation.

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

Season 52, Detroit Game 23 vs. the Anchorage Armada (Final Score: 5-2 W)

Down low, Brown fires it, and the shot is blocked!
It bounces back to Ncheese at the blueline! He walks the line, surveying his options.
Some traffic in front! Sulfurgold has the screen!
He fires it hard along the ice, right into the mess out front!
Sulfurgold pushes off the defender and gets his stick down!
It's a redirect!
GOAL!
Right between the legs! The goalie couldn't see a thing!

I remember this one because it was my first career SMJHL goal, and it came exactly the way I wanted Burlok to play. A hard fought battle in front of the net, leading to an effective screen, and fooling the goalie with a well-timed redirect. Not to mention I'd had some abysmal puck luck up to that point, even for a rookie, so bagging my first after 22 games of waiting will always be memorable.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=65fe67b4&is=65ebf2b4&hm=a6...46085eb3f&]

Finally! After being considered one of the top tier defenders in the league by skill set alone, does Ludwig Koch Schroder finally bring home the personal award he has been chasing for his whole career. The Scott Stevens award. The Platoon defenseman had multiple opportunities and should have potentially won before, but due to the lack of main stream appeal, he had always fallen short amongst the voters. Now with this trophy and his current career accomplishments he can finally start to promote his drive for a place in the Hall of fame. Many of the Platoon hopeful have been hard on Schroder at times, expecting more from his game having the pedigree he has as a player, and finally they can say they have a franchise player who delivered to a team who doesn't take home to many awards season after season. West Kendall loves you Schroder! Never forget that, we can't wait til the day we retire your jersey into the teams rafters.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

S53 - Regular Season Newfoundland at Anaheim, 3rd period, Berzerkers up 4 to the Outlaw's 2.

"...and after an offside call, we'll have a neutral zone faceoff. Outlaw's come up with it, sent to Price who quickly snaps a shot wide, puck is behind the net. Chasing down now is Kierkegaard and Price, looking for another opportunity, but Kierkegaard just edging out Price for possession. Kierkegaard starts up ice & attempts a clear off the boards, but the puck deflects off of an Anaheim players skate and maneuvers back towards the goal line. Outlaws are circling back, hoping for an attack to try and get this game within one. (Clean) Andrei Kostitsyn gathers the loose puck and gets a quick pass back to Kierkegaard - uh oh, looks like winger Matias Birdstrom has slipped the Outlaw defenders at the blue line and Kierkegaard wrists a lengthy pass to Birdstrom who's in all by himself on a breakaway; its Strom Chamberlain facing down the streaking Birdstrom, he dekes right, then back left & backhands it; it's a GOAAAAAL! His first of the season, assisted by Elias Kierkegaard and (Clean) Andrei Kostitsyn, their fourth each. Berzerkers get a comfortable lead, 5-2!"

[Image: uxBTBCX.png]
Berserkers norway
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2020, 10:54 PM by JURT.)

Looks like I'm the only one choosing the audio option so far, it's been a lot more work but I regret nothing. Sorry for the accent!

Here's a video link (the best way I found to link something with audio.

Here's also the screenshot from when it happened because why not

[Image: pbp-screenshot.png]

[Image: lespoils.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2020, 03:25 AM by puolivalmiste.)

This is what you get when you save money and listen to cheapest broadcast, Anchor

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

PT Pass claim

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

“And, well, ladies and gentlemen watching this game… we have just witnessed a double-overtime instant classic between the Anaheim Outlaws and Kelowna Knights. The final score, 6-5 Anaheim, just truly doesn’t tell the whole story.”

“Absolutely Pierre. Let’s take a look at some of the highlights from that first defensive pairing from Anaheim – Alex Petrenko and Emilia Bergman.”

“This duo played nearly forty-five minutes in this game – ninety-two shifts for a rookie’s almost unheard of. And the numbers don’t lie: these two have a plus-two on the night in spite of playing on their last legs. I mean, just look at these absolute bell-ringers they laid out on the Kelowna offense!”

“It really was going both ways tonight Pierre, and let’s look at some tactical highlights – just look at Bergman’s positioning here, skating effortlessly against pretty fresh forwards here – that’s that ice dancing stamina coming to use, eh? And a classy blocked shot at her fortieth minute of playtime, just as spry as she was in the first period!”

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

PBE Affiliate

[Image: 15Ng51w.png][Image: draNOgf.png]