Create Account

S54 PT #2 - Play by Play

And that is it.

The game is over!

The Calgary Dragons have done the impossible! Down 3-0 in the finals, come back to win in tremendous fashion!

The crowd here is stunned! I am stunned.

How? How? The Tampa players look expressionless. The look like they have seen a ghost. Shocked to their core along with the fans in the building. Just watching the dragons celebrate. Celebrate their miracle. In a silent room.

Captain Fantobens is trying to snap his team out of it and line up for a handshake.
Their knees look weak. The stunned disappointment on their faces is self prescribed, which makes it all the worse...

This upstart team came in heavily favored to win and took a three to zero lead in the series and could not get it done. What a tragedy. This will demoralize this franchise and we may see this hurt the franchise in the future...

I’m hearing word we have captain of the cudas David fantobens downstairs with Bert. Bert?

Yeah I’m here with David fantobens, what do you have to say about this colossal failure?

That’s what it was a failure. I failed my team. The city of Tampa. My parents my little brother. We failed miserably. I don’t think I will be able to get over this....I don’t know if we will be able to get over this....

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

"Yoshi, the guys from the SHL want to know what's your favourite career moment."

The Irish ninja tilted his head somewhat, thinking about it as hard as he could. At last, he reached a conclusion. "Well, there was that penalty in the Friendly Cup..." The wife groaned. "They want a hockey moment, Yoshi." He shrugged. "Oh, come on, you must have a favourite moment, I'm sure of it!" He shook his head. "My entire career has been pretty fun, to be honest. In spite of my weaknesses, I've met so many nice and fun people, most of them I've befriended... I'm satisfied."

He got up from his seat, yawning. "Besides, the idea of singling one out just doesn't sound fair to the other teams I've played for and the other people I've met... and I don't believe in picking a single one."

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Game Six of the Four Star cup series. Only 12 minutes and change is left on the clock in the third period and we have a tie game. Shots are pretty close to even here. At 21-21 in favor of the Falcons. Its been an uneventful period otherwise. Lilijestrom takes a shot SAVE BY KAVANAGH and he holds the puck for the faceoff. Williams wins the faceoff against Forestier. The puck comes out to Kanoff who wrists it toward the net! Blocked by Kaspertommevisnapuu. The puck shimmies over to Scianna but he can’t hold on to it! Zoltan Topalo SWOOPS IN like the true Falcon he is, turns around and fires a shot towards the net. Vessot sticks his leg out and blocks the shot. The puck is corralled by Kekkonen in the corner and dished right back to Zoltan in the high slot. Zoltan see’s Williams in front of the net and fires it towards him. Williams slaps at the puck and gets a piece of it and….. ITS IN THE NET!!! DETROIT LEADS 2-1 WITH 12:15 LEFT TO GO!!!

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

"The third period is winding down but these two teams are still holding steady. We've seen nothing but a minor penalty for the Armada since they rallied to tie it up with two big goals in that second period.

Dayudie's pass is intercepted by Wang. Wang looks for-

Timonen flying in to steal it back! He bring it down the ice and-

AGAIN back to the Armada with a good reach from Hanson to stop that puck!

He ices it. Second line coming on for the Bersekers. Kuse wins it for them. Quickly to Harrington- WITH THE ONE TIMER

HE SCORES!

Venables wasn't set up for the early shot! Berserkers take the lead 3-2 with just over 4 minutes left to play!"

Newfoundland - Anchorage wildcard series in the S52 SMJHL Playoffs. My first season, first playoffs, and first series. Game 6 - My first playoff goal, and it was a big one. It would give us the lead over the Armada, 3-2. Minamino would put the final nail in the coffin with an empty netter and we would win the game 4-2 and our series 4-2 before moving on to Detroit. The locker room was electric after that win and it was one of the most memorable times of my beginning here in Newfoundland.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2020, 03:11 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

[Image: nOcLevQ.jpg]

Dragons  Dragons  Dragons

a picture taken at the SHL awards show in season 50

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Detroit vs Carolina - Eastern Conference first round, Game 3 - 16:54 of the first period
Linus Grimstad kicked out of the faceoff here, and Dwight Knight will take over. Knight beats Sutherland to the draw, moves it over to Grimstad. Grimstad’s got it, good puck control here, moves in close, shoots...SCORES! It gets past Jobin, and Linus Grimstad has tied it up at 1 for the Kraken! The Falcons were looking like they were in control, but with only their third shot of the game, Carolina has brought themselves back into it!

“It’s hard to pick just one favorite moment. My first game for the Kraken was great, it was a completely new experience for me, and my first goal or my first point would be a notable memory too. But personally, my favorite moment in the SMJHL was scoring my first playoff goal against the Falcons in the first round last year. The series wasn’t that great, we got swept, but being in the playoffs meant a lot to me. Getting that first taste of playoff hockey was fantastic, it makes me want to accomplish so much more. The next playoff series we’re in is going to go much differently, I promise you that.”

Past players:
(S3) C/D - Turd Ferguson (HOF)
(S7) LW - Anton Wagner
(S13) RW - Christian Bauer
(S18) D - Turd Ferguson, Jr.
(S30) D - William Goddard
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2020, 04:12 PM by acdangel.)

[Image: eooDyjp.jpg]

[Image: danglechek.png]

"BERSERKERS FAITHFUL.....
ARE YOU READY FOR SEASON 54 OF THE SMJHL?!?!?
WITHOUT FURTHER ADO.... YOUR SEASON 54 NEWFOUNDLAND BERSERKERS
Starting at Right Wing... from Atlanta, Georgia... Number 6...
YOUR BERSERKERS CAPTAIN....
SLATT PAWTSSSSSSSS"

*it was at this moment as Potts is announced first to kick off Season 54 of the SMJHL that females were instantly DRENCHED. Every lady in attendance through their bras and soaked panties onto the ice, all for Potts the #1 lady killer in all of North America.*

Newfoundland Berserkers official TV announcer: "I don't know about you all, but this 4th and final season in the Juniors for Potts looks like it's going to be something special. Although Potts tends to receive a nice reception from the ladies in attendance, I have yet to see every lady, regardless of team they support throw both their bra and panties on the ice for the Slatt man. Berserker faithful, we're in for a treat this season."

(173 words)

[Image: minadsslatt.png]

S51 -  Switzerland v Ireland - Round Robin

It's Seger with the puck now with just under 2 minutes to go as Ireland hangs onto their 3-2 lead here in this 3rd period. Seger's into the neutral zone now, his stretch pass to Nicolaj Muller is cut off by Jon Toner who cuts to centre ice. He tries to pass it into the Swiss zone but it finds Lallo Selman's stick, he drops it off to Seger who pushes it back up to him for a quick give and go and now here comes Lallo Selman as he beats Bobby Watson at the Irish blue line. Jack Tanner closes in to hit him but Selman sidesteps him with a bit of skill...

AND NOW HERE COMES SELMAN IN ALL ALONE ON BISCUIT..

...HE FAKES BISCUIT OUT DOWN LOW...PULLS IT TO HIS BACKHAND AND...

BURIES IT INTO THE TWINE....GOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL GOOOOOAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL Goal  Goal  Goal  LALLO SELMAN IN THE DYING MINUTES WITH THE BRILLIANT SOLO GOAL TO TIE IT ALL UP AND NOW THE SWISS REMAIN ALIVE IN THIS TOURNAMENT

Quote:6. Switzerland , Lallo Selman 5 (Mathias Seger 9) at 18:15

The goal I chose was from Game 74 of the S51 IIHF round robin, in a must win game for Switzerland to avoid getting knocked out in the round robin, Ireland held a 3-2 lead late in the 3rd period until I tied it up with just over a minute to play to keep Switzerland alive. Switzerland went on to win that game and the following game, qualifying for the medal rounds for the first time in our existence and going all the way to the gold medal game. It's crazy to think that we were about a minute away from missing out on that incredible experience and so to me, to be able to keep that dream alive for us was definitely a special moment in my career.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

"5...4...3....2...1... And its all over! Finally, after 35 seasons, the Toronto North Stars have won the Challenge Cup! The Toronto skaters are all mobbing Mark Harter, who is undoubtedly the most valuable player of these finals."

"To come in after Game 4, down 3-1 and on the brink of elimination, only to rattle off three straight wins to lead your team to glory is just a superhuman feat."

"Well Harter may be the MVP of this series, but its Toronto's captain Kristian Eriksson who was their best player this post-season. The veteran forward, who has experienced so many seasons of playoff failure with the North Stars, was the top point scorer in the playoffs and was clearly instrumental to this cup win."

"We would be remiss to not applaud the effort shown by this Portland Admirals team. Making it to back to back finals is no small feat, and while they've come up empty handed both times, you know that will just inspire them to work even harder next season."

This was my first cup win with Eriksson in his 15th season (and also my first cup win as an active player in the SHL), and really was a highlight to what was, up to that at point, an unrewarding career for a player I had put so much effort into.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

S52 Challenge Cup Finals
Game 6
Madison Square Garden
2nd Period, 16:06 to play

"...The power play winding down to the last 20 seconds...Aittokallio wins the face-off in the Pride's end, it's back to Luke Thomason, but he's pickpocketed by Charlie Schieck. Passes off to Vince Rieper, who will dump it off to try to kill more of the clock. Peter Larson gets his stick on it. He knows time is short on the man advantage, Larson goes long to Thomason, who's way back and goes back across their own blue line to Reginald MacIntyre. He'll weave his way up across the line, back to the attack, and here comes Aittokallio in a fury toward the slot! MacIntyre looking for the right moment, sends it in, past the defense, he's picked out Jax through the crowd, who WRISTS IT AND SCOOOOOOOOOOORES! What a pass through traffic, and a finish to boot! MacIntyre picks his man well and finds Jax Aittokallio on the other side of the lions' den! We are tied 4-4!"

Going into that power play, the first period had been a defensive mess. 7 goals across both teams, 4 of which the Rage conceded. That play helped re-steel Manhattan, helped pivot the crowd back into the game, MacIntyre had a direct hand in a Cup Final goal, and it provided the spark that kept them grinding it out until Alex Winters' famous Cup winner late in the 3rd.

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

"Commentator: And this is going to be iconic. What a moment we are experiencing ladies and gentlemen. We are going to witness the end. The end of a long cup drought for the platoon. A cup drought that is brought up day after day by every hockey fan. Now the platoon will not be brought up as a team with the longest cup drought. They will be brought up as the champions.

Color Commentator: They have worked so hard for this and this is going to be a huge celebration around the world. Two teams that are so eager to win and the platoon takes this over the panthers here in game 7.

Commentator: As we hear the countdown from 10. 9. 8. 7. 6. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1. The West Kendall Platoon are you Challenge Cup Champions! They have done it. It is all over. Everyone on the roster deserves it including Leafer Rielly. Who was from a nobody in the draft to assisting on the cup winning goal. What a comeback for the young lad and what a story for this team. Let us all celebrate this because something like this will never happen again."

[Image: giphy.gif]

Rush to Kennedy Jr, Kennedy walks the line drawing the opposing wingers in, across the blueline to Driftwood and Driftwood pounds one home. 1-0 Calgary only 2 minutes and 49 seconds into the game. Kennedy Jr has the puck, looking for an open man down low. Looking, looking, spots Choybuk, Choybuk shot on net, rebound, Batsbak hops on it and buries in the garbage goal. 2-0 Calgary. Calgary on the powerplay, controlling the puck in the offensive zone. Bouchard along the half wall, tape to tape to Kennedy Jr. He fakes a shot, sees Batsbak open in his office and fires one over to him. One timer, Batsbak tickles the twine. 5-0 Calgary. Kennedy has the puck, across the line to his D partner Driftwood, Driftwood back to Kennedy, back to Driftwood, Driftwood to Ryk... and it's in. Rykov got that shot away before anyone even knew where it was. 6-0 Calgary. Driftwood to Kennedy, Mike Izzy out front screening the Chiefs goalie. Kennedy fires a shot on net. Save! Big rebound, Izzy hops on it and pops it in. 7-0 Calgary, and that there is a 5 assist game for Kennedy Jr. What a night forthe young Austrian.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

Kasperi Braulin leaves the puck for Aaron Wilson, Wilson skates through neutral zone, pass to Rieder, shot misses the net. Wilson gets first to the loose puck, backhand pass to Rieder, he shoots, he scores! That's a power play goal for Sami Rieder and Whalers take a 3-2 lead in game 7!

One of my favorite moments came early in my career when I assisted on the cup winning goal for Vancouver We had a great team in s47 but failed to reach the finals, next season we were arguably even better and this time we were able to beat Montreal and advanced to the finals. The series against Anaheim didn't start well for us as we lost the first two games, both by 1 goal. Our offense came alive in games 3 and 4 and we tied the series, but we lost game 5 by 1 goal yet again. We won game 6 in front of our home crowd and so far the home team won every game in the series, but we broke that streak in game 7 and won the 4 star cup. I think the fact that we won after trailing 0-2 and 2-3 is what made it special, and my player scored 3 points and was named 1st star in game 7 which was an added bonus for me.

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

"The Kraken win the face-off and its over to Dwight Knight from Jimmy Wagner. Knight will dump it into the Timber zone and will race Valentin Kalashnikov for the puck. Kalashnikov beats him to the puck and sends a risky pass over to Kyle Sutton. Sutton reaches out and catches the puck and has some room… WITH A BURST OF SPEED HE IS IN ALL ALONE ON ELLER… OH MY WHAT A MOVE! FAKES THE SHOT… BACKHAND, FOREHAND, BACKHAND AND ROOFS IT OVER ELLERS GLOVE!! That’s the rookie’s first goal of his career and what a goal it was. And with that the Timber have regained the lead and the score is now  2-1”.

Pretty obvious why I would choose this moment as my favourite. It was an answer to Carolina tying the game previous to the face-off, and it ended up being the game winner. It took 13 games for me to find the back of the net and this was also my first point of the season.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]