Create Account

S54 SMJHL PT #2 - Player Personality

At this point in the season, everyone has seen what your player has to offer in on-ice skills, but they might not know so much about the person behind the player. Let the fans know who you are!

Player option: In interview format, have your player tell a reporter a story of something displaying their personality, either in a hockey-related instance or something outside of the rink entirely. (150+ words)

News option: Share a story of your player displaying their personality, either in a hockey-related instance or something outside of the rink entirely, in a team news article format. (150+ words)

Graphic option: Create a candid photo of your player displaying their personality traits. Must include a player render and team apparel of some sort.

Reward
4 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one, not two/all.)

Only S54 SMJHL Rookies (S55 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT.

Link PBE or NSFL submissions here to get credit for Welfare claims.

You cannot claim TPE for this PT until a post is made in the global claim thread.

Deadline
Sunday June 7th @ 11:59 PM EST

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Anchorage Weekly Feature

This week our feature is on 6th overall, Theo Kondos from the Anchorage Armada. As part of fan days, Theo was partnered with 3 local fans to learn the local Anchorage culture.

The first thing on Theo's list was to find some moose, yes thats right find some moose. Anchorage is known for the thousands of moose in the area. Luckily enough, Theo found a moose quite quickly, handed his phone to fan, as he tried to get closer for picture, but not to close! Theo is a fan of wild life, but knows not to be an idiot around animals twice his size.

Up next was to Pedal the costal trail, growing up Theo learned to bike from a young age, so this was a great task for Theo. Doing something he throughly enjoys while getting to take in the beautiful scenery.

Lastly it was to Fish in Ship Creek. Kondos loves the outdoors, but never really fished growing up so this was a first. Ship Creek has more then 5 species of Salmon. After a couple of hours of fishing Theo finally caught one, in no time the salmon was on the grill for supper!

So what did we learn about Kondos? He enjoys animals, nature and the outdoors! Also a good grilled salmon.

Code:
222 words

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Nicolae Antonescu enters the studio, giving polite nods to those he passes by. Ordinarily the goaltender from rural Romania is quick to give a swift handshake, but the times have altered such habits for everyone. As he fumbles with the clip-on mike over his lilac dress shirt, which clearly has not been worn before this interview, I gather my prepared questions for the Scarecrow's rookie backup keeper.

St. Louis Gazette Reporter: "Pleased to meet you, Nicolae. How is your adjustment to the city so far?"

Antonescu: "Good! Smooth, as I am quite enjoying the city life, but am appreciating the rural feeling of it.

Antonescu's English is relatively good, with only a few flaws and a medium-blended accent. He gives a thin smile.

St. Louis Gazette Reporter: "Let's get to the meat of why we've invited you in today... Tell us a bit about yourself. What are you up to when not on the ice or training for the St. Louis Scarecrows?"

Antonescu: "I am usually outside on hikes or walks, but otherwise I am usually on the phone or computer with my family."

St. Louis Gazette Reporter: "Your family back in Romania? So you talk to them often then?"

Antonescu: "Yes, at least once or twice a day. If things continue to work out in North America, I am hoping to bring my parents over from Sibiu to here." My brothers may or may not come, the eldest is an auto mechanic, and has good work over there. the younger siblings, as well as my newborn brother, would obviously come with my parents, if that were to happen."

The interview would continue for another 10 minutes, but this was the part that stuck out to this reporter most. Above all, Antonescu values his roots and his family, and continues to find ways to stay in contact, even amidst this virus and the thousands of miles between them.

[Image: antonescu.png]
[Image: BKGrppM.png]
Thank you to Ham and Sulo for the sigs!
Scarecrows Chiefs Renegades Dragons Stampede Panthers norway
Scarecrows Specters Switzerland
Scarecrows pride Switzerland
  Armada pride Ireland

The following is an excerpt from the May 2020 Issue Of Kerrang! Magazine

Interviewer: How would you personally rank Metallica's Discography, Sven?

Sven: Sven has not listened to Death Magnetic or Hardwired... to Self-Destruct so he can not properly judge them. With that said, Kill 'Em is definitely the best Metallica album. Sven is a huge fan of  Megadeth and Dave  Mustaine's influence on Kill 'Em All gives the album a quality that the other Metallica albums do not possess. Sven does like Metallica more than Megadeth in general but Mustaine obviously made the band better. I think Master Of Puppets is number two. Master Of Puppets was for a long time Sven's favorite Metallica song and it is a common debate in Sven's mind if Master Of Puppets or Sad But True is better. The Thing That Should Not Be is also a fantastic song. The Black Album is third in Sven's opinion. Sven does not like ...And Justice FOr All very much. It is alright album but it is definitely the weakest of all the early Metallica albums. Then Sven would put Reload over St. Anger. I know people do not like St. Anger but Sven still feels as though it is a much stronger album then Load. Load is worst Metallica Album in Sven's opinion or at least weakest. Other then Lulu but Lulu is not officially a Metallica album.

Code:
207 Words

Hockey: Right Now! with Bobby Bungus

Tonight we’re featuring Anchorage’s favourite soft spoken rookie left wing, TURG TURG! So TURG, what’s life like for you in Alaska? Picked up any interesting hobbies?

”TURG LIKES TO CAMP! IT REMINDS TURG OF HOME! BUT CAMPING IN ALASKA VERY COLD SO TURG BRING LOTS OF BLANKETS! BESIDES THAT TURG HAS SPENT TIME MEETING HIS FANS! TURG FANS MEAN EVERYTHING TO TURG! TURG HOSTS GAMING PARTIES WHERE ALL TURG FRIENDS CAN PLAY GAMES LIKE SHL OR VIVA PIÑATA!

That’s quite interesting TURG. Anything else you would like to share with the people at home?

”TURG LIKE GOING TO EAT AT LOCAL RESTAURANTS! TURG ESPECIALLY LIKE SPENARD ROADHOUSE AND KINCAID GRILL! AS LONG AS THEY SERVE TURG MEAT! TURG LOVE MEAT! GIVE TURG MEAT!”

That is fascinating. Thank you as always for the interesting take on the world. This has been Bobby Bungus and this is Hockeyyyyyyy: Right Now!

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig

05-31-2020, 10:38 PMThisSeemsFishy Wrote: Hockey: Right Now! with Bobby Bungus

Tonight we’re featuring Anchorage’s favourite soft spoken rookie left wing, TURG TURG! So TURG, what’s life like for you in Alaska? Picked up any interesting hobbies?

”TURG LIKES TO CAMP! IT REMINDS TURG OF HOME! BUT CAMPING IN ALASKA VERY COLD SO TURG BRING LOTS OF BLANKETS! BESIDES THAT TURG HAS SPENT TIME MEETING HIS FANS! TURG FANS MEAN EVERYTHING TO TURG! TURG HOSTS GAMING PARTIES WHERE ALL TURG FRIENDS CAN PLAY GAMES LIKE SHL OR VIVA PIÑATA!

That’s quite interesting TURG. Anything else you would like to share with the people at home?

”TURG LIKE GOING TO EAT AT LOCAL RESTAURANTS! TURG ESPECIALLY LIKE SPENARD ROADHOUSE AND KINCAID GRILL! AS LONG AS THEY SERVE TURG MEAT! TURG LOVE MEAT! GIVE TURG MEAT!”

That is fascinating. Thank you as always for the interesting take on the world. This has been Bobby Bungus and this is Hockeyyyyyyy: Right Now!

Code:
174 words

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2020, 10:56 PM by HanTheMan_.)

Reporter: What do you enjoy doing in your time off the ice?

Basher: I’m a creative individual outside of sports. I enjoy art, writing and creating as much as possible. Dungeons and Dragons is a big interest of mine as well that allows me to combine all creatives. I’m currently running a campaign set in the world of Exandria, which is the same world that Critical Role uses. I’ve made characters of all kinds from barbarians to rogues to sorcerers. My personal favourite is a fire elemental barbarian named Sol Alderbrand. I’m normally a shy, reserved person but when I’m playing D&D, I get more dramatic and extravagant. It gives me an escape from the world to be something else than my real self. It allows me to be a better person if it fits my player character, or a worse person with no repercussions. It creates a community, and those you play with long enough will have unforgettable memories.
(161 words :3)

[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Kraken Kronicle

Rookie Axel Foley has been making a name for himself inside the dressing room. Abound countless rumours swirling around he and his D-partner, and fellow rookie, Connor Hutton starting a band together, the Kraken have gotten a glimpse at the musical interests of the young Canadian. Following an early season victory the media piled into the Carolina locker room to gain some insight on the win. The stalls of Jimmy Wagner, Frans Eller, and Velveteen Dream were predictably flocked to, however it was hard not to notice a distinctive synth sound in the corner of the room. It's hard to describe what was seen. It was Axel Foley, that's for sure. He had his phone out, playing what sounded like Crazy Frog's hit single Axel F, claiming that the song was named after him and made in his honor to one of his teammates. This was accompanied by progressively more intricate dance moves that only seemed to get worse as the song continued. While the Carolina media don't know the ins and outs of Axel Foley's youth and his relation to Crazy Frog, it does seem unrealistic that the fictional amphibian would make a song honoring a living child who's only notable achievement is playing hockey good. Regardless of the quality of his dancing, or how factual his staments are, we can see that Foley has boundless--albeit misplaced--confidence in his life endeavours.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Xander Xavier here, back interviewing Rikard Bjerg for another Entertainment Programming and Sports News (EPSN) feature interview (see the first here)!

XX: Rikard! Long time no see! How are things now that you're officially a Maine Timber and not just a free agent?

RB: Hello again Mr. Xavier! I love being in Maine, especially in Portland. It reminds me of my home in Gothenburg, as it's near the water! I love being on and near the water; there's something about it that just makes me forget all my worries. After a bad game, I like to go to the beach and swim to clear my head, so I don't get down.

XX: You go swimming here? The water is so cold!

RB: Yes, that's why I love it! The cold water helps shock my system and provides me with a way to forget about all my other troubles for a short time. With the way I've been playing so far this season, I haven't had to go too many times!

XX: Well, congratulations on your hot start, and hopefully you continue to have a good season!

There you have it folks, Mr. Bjerg is a type to not let bad games get him down for very long, as his method of relaxation is able to take his mind off all his troubles while he prevents himself from freezing to death in the frigid Portland water!

251 Words

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

Interview format ca. 200 words.

He grew up in the suburbs of Falun, Sweden. And with that, came something that would shake up not only the locker room in Maine, but Team Sweden as well. Alex Oscarsson eats ketchup on pasta.
"I think the GM came in one day, and he was just chatting around with the guys like he does sometimes. The topic got on food, and ketchup specifically. I mentioned that it's pretty nice to use on pasta, and suddenly all hell broke loose!"

What would follow was intense discussions for hours regarding the Swedes eating habits. One of his strongest opposition in this was his fellow Swedish team mate, @AgentSmith630 .
"Yeah, I don't know. Maybe it works differently coming from a rich home in a big beautiful city. We didn't have the luxury of adding tomato sauce to our pasta dishes."

The dust over the argument has now settled, and the mellow and often times calm Alex Oscarsson is tired of the discussion. "I just want to eat my food without getting called out for it. There were even talks of suspending me from Team Sweden! Can you get that?! From eating ketchup!"

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride

The Whalers were having a very simple non-contact slow moving walk through to prepare themselves for an upcoming game against Kelwna. Shuffleboard promptly flatted Kyle Izzy ,took the puck, and skated full speed right around William Hartmann, decked around Ryosuke Sato and faked out Name Redacted with a between the legs goal. The coach said "Shuffleboard, give 5," and for the forth time that day Shuffleboard starting skating around the ice. A simple punishment. This practice was meant to be a slow one, without any contact. But once again Shuffleboard had allowed his competitive nature to take over. By the time Shuffleboard had finished his 5th lap, and allowed to rejoin play his team was down 3-1. He promptly stole the puck again from Izzy, faked out Slimey Snail and scored on Name Redacted. He was told to do another 15 laps. Maybe one day Shuffleboard will learn to play by the rules and not be too competitive in practice.

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2020, 11:39 PM by TheSparkyDee.)

The Motor City News:

We are going to be talking to the 6th round pick of the Detroit Falcons Zakkira Diporov A.K.A. “The Big Russian”. 

Welcome Zakkira Diporov via telephone. 

Bob Costco - Hi Zakkira how are you today?

Zakkira Diporov - I am good, happy to be on the show.

Bob Costco - So, we know on the ice but we don’t know much about you off the ice. Who is Zakkira Diporov? 

Zakkira Diporov - Well where to begin, I am from a farming village in Russia, I owned my own farm before I was brought over to the SMJHL from a friend from Russia. I am a easy to approach guy. I was voted best person to talk to in my school.. class of 15 kids. But I love to eat! Your American food is delicious. Nothing like my mommas cooking, but I love burgers, mozzarella sticks, French fries, and OREOS! Being here in Detroit I have eaten a lot of food. I love this City, people are so nice, help me get around. American football is fun to watch, some friends I made are going to take me to see a SFL game.. The Detroit MotorHeads. 

Bob Costco - Alright thank you Zakkira for that, that is all the time we have. If you would like to learn more about Zakkira, go to Twitter @3Idiotssports. Him and some buddies do a weekly podcast on sports! Go show him some love on Apple and Spotify and many more podcasts platforms! SKREEEE!!!

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

Ryu approaches the podium after Anaheim's first Regular Season game against Anchorage. 

Thank you everyone for coming here.  It is a great start for the team to begin the season with a win.  

"Mr. Jones, Alex Allen with the Anaheim Press.  It only took 6 minutes and 24 seconds into your career for you to score your first goal, did you think it would come so quickly?"

Not even in my dreams did I think I would be the one to score the opening goal for the Outlaws.  I can not take all of the credit for it though, Rikard really hustled out there to get that turnover from Anchorage to begin that break away.  It has really been a pleasure to be on the same line with him.

"Mr. Jones, Larry Leonhart with the LA Times.  Any thoughts on the rest of your first game?"

I think I can work on the distribution of the puck a bit better.  The rest of my team really showed me up in that regard.  They gave me plenty of amazing looks leading to my 4 shots on goal, but hopefully in the next game I can return the favor and share the glory with the rest of the Outlaws.

Quote:Word count: 210

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/wiqZK8C.png[/img]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/6QlU4ci.png[/img]
[Image: vHNIXVO.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Recent Kelowna Knights 3rd round selection Teddy Park was spotted down at Theodore Roosevelt Park the other day participating in a surprising act of charity. He was there with his long-time girlfriend Theodora Plaza handing out hot dogs and black bean burgers to passersby. The pair was clearly attempting to remain anonymous, but unfortunately for the 29th selection in the S54 SMJHL draft he was identified almost immediately by a group of hockey superfans who had attended this season's draft.
After his initial disappointment at being recognized Teddy then accepted an invitation to play a pickup football game once he was finished handing out the food he had prepared. Unsurprisingly, both teams fought for the right to have him on their team, but Teddy would have none of it and instead elected to play permanent defense as a slot corner. According to both watchers and participants in the game Teddy didn't allow a single catch in the roughly 2 hours the game lasted. By all accounts he was lighthearted and fun the entire afternoon and seems to be adapting to his new celebrity superstar status quite well. For an unofficial first public appearance I don't think Teddy could have done any better.

Word count: 206

The Raptor Review

Jed Mosley JR has always grown up in a hockey home where personality and showmanship take top billing regardless of skill. His father was a flashy player on the back end, known for taking risks and showing off. It worked for him as he went on to claim a Challenge Cup and a hall of fame induction. Mosley Jr has shown the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. The Raptors have been trying to instil a more well rounded approach to Mosley's game but as we saw at practice Monday morning, he has had enough. Mosley took the puck in a scrimmage, slipped past a defender..... and blew a tire. He was caught in the offensive end as the first team skated back up. Mosley showed a lacsidaisical approach getting back on defense. Mosley's cockiness and selfishness was on full display and he didn't really seem to care getting chewed up by the coaches as he skated back up the ice. Time will tell if this cockiness will pay off, but for now this has just been a detriment.