Create Account

S54 SMJHL PT #2 - Player Personality

<Snippet from an interview of Stromberg in the Maine Sunday Telegram>

Q: Tell me about the draft day, was it exciting?
A: Yes, it sure was. I wasn't even sure that I would be drafted, so getting picked in the third round was a bit of a shock for me.

Q: You're being very modest. You even got picked to the Finnish WJC team - didn't you think that as a sign that you're considered a solid prospect?
A: I thought some people liked me in Finland, but I had no idea I was on the radar of SMJHL teams. It was a big surprise for me when some teams approached me before the draft. But I thought the interviews went so badly that I would have to keep playing in Finland for at least a couple seasons.

Q: What do you think of Maine so far? Any favourite pastime activities here?
A: The team arranged me a host family, a nice older couple whose kids have already moved out so they have an extra room for me. Or not technically a room, but I have a curtain separating it from their bedroom, so for me it is a room. They have been helping me settle here. They are very nice, and we spend a lot of time together. Usually after practice we play a round of Uno or some board game. We are also getting ready for the winter by chopping a lot of wood. It's very fun, I enjoy it a lot. It's the best time of my life so far.

[Image: sulov.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2020, 03:47 PM by Carlz.)

[Image: 1200px-TSN_Hockey.svg.png]
Neg Rep Quits the Booze

Top prospect Neg Rep has vowed to take a break off of his nightly drinking habits in order to fully optimize his intense daily training sessions as he prepares for the upcoming S55 SHL Draft. Refusing to sign with an SMJHL team, Neg Rep has decided it is in his best interest to utilize his time training in the weight room instead of playing against weak competition.

Neg Rep was a known partier & had been frequently seen hitting up the Montreal pubs & clubs, almost on a nightly basis, while also training hard each day. Neg Rep is hoping that quitting drinking will not only help his sleep schedule, but also his diet as the beers have been hitting his muscle retention hard. It's a big step for the young Japanese defenseman as he turns his training up a notch in anticipation of his future Hall of Fame career.

04-18-2020, 01:58 PMnour Wrote: we received 2 complaints from Site Member @caltroit_red_flames about his site rep being brigaded

[Image: xF2w1Xw.png]

Outdoor Channel Interview With Mack Daddy

Host: Today's Athlete of the week on the Outdoor Channel is Mack Daddy who currently plays in the SMJHL for the Colorado Raptors. He loves the outdoors and lives in the woods of the rocky mountains in Colorado.

Host: So Mack tell us about living in the woods? Why do you do it?

Mack Daddy: I just love being outside and connecting with nature, it's what makes me feel most human. Listening to the birds or the sound of the river reminds me of being a kid again. Once I am done with my hockey career I hope to run a YouTube catch and cook channel. Also I love magic mushrooms and can find them easily where I live.

Host: Catch and cook? What is that?

Mack: Well fishing is my main passion outside of hockey so I would be out in the woods fishing and when I catch a fish I cook it up right there on the rocks and eat it while filming.

Host: So do you live in a cabin?

Mack: No I just have a Trailer set up in a campground directly on a river that offers year round camping so I never have to leave. I just ride my Harley to and from the rink, sometimes towing my gear behind me. When the weather is too cold I park the bike and drive my truck. But my camper never leaves it's spot. I do travel around other places but I tend to just tent or rent some place to stay close to fishing spots. I love the campground that I live in though, it's a small but tight community and we all look out for each other.

Host: Well we have to go to a commercial but when we get back we will hear about all the women that live with Daddy on his property down by the river.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

"Good evening viewers. If you are just joining us we have Hubert Andrews, Center for the Anaheim Outlaws with us in the studio. Hubert; Now that you’ve made it through the preseason and the first few games of the regular season, how are you getting adjusted to life here in Anaheim?"

"Well it was a big change for sure but I feel like I’ve gotten used to it by now and staying busy has certainly helped. I mean all rinks are pretty similar even if this one is on a much larger scale."

"What about outside of the rink? How are you spending your off time?"

"I’ve been trying to get to know the city a little bit better but it’s pretty different from back home so there was a bit of a learning curve for sure. Like just last week I was trying to figure out how the public transit works and ended up on the same train for four hours. It took me a bit but I quickly figured out that I was on the Disney Land monorail and not the Anaheim Metro. I’m sure I’ll have all this stuff figured out before long."

196 words

Latvian magazine "Sporta Avīze" interviewed Asclepius Perseus Flitterwind last week. Here you can read part of it:
"Interviewer: Hello, Asclepius! You have been drafted in SMJHL, which is one of the best junior leagues in the world. Why did you choose to play in America?
Asclepius: Hello! As you mentioned, SMJHL is one of the best leagues in the world. I think this league is a great place to start my career and reach top of my potential.
Interviewer: It's not secret that your name is quite exotic for a Latvian. Where you born in Latvia?
Asclepius: I was born in Greece. My father Greek with English roots so that's why my name is Asclepius Perseus but surname is more English than Greek. But my mum is Latvian. And we moved to Latvia when I was 3 years old.
Interviewer: That's interesting! Why did you decide to play hockey because it isn't popular in Greece?
Asclepius: My mum is a very big hockey fan. She also used to play it when she was younger. So without her, I wouldn't be a hockey player.
Interviewer: Let's talk a bit about your life outside hockey. Any movie, which you like and that inspired you to do something?
Asclepius: It is definitely "The Theory of Everything". It is a story about Stephen Hawking who is a really inspiring person. He gave an inspiring speech, saying, "There should be no boundaries to human endeavour. We are all different. However bad life may seem, there is always something you can do, and succeed at. While there's life, there is hope". These words really motivates me when I feel bad.
Interviewer: And last question. Do you read books and what type of books?
Asclepius: This is one of the things I would love to do but no, I don't read them, unfortunately. I'm more keen on movies.
Interviewer: Thanks, Asclepius! Good luck in America!
Asclepius: Thanks for this interview! Bye!"

(324 words)

[Image: 47052_s.gif]
[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

PBE PT Affiliate Claim

The Saturday night Kelowna news with Knoots

SMJHL 54th season has started with amazing start of Kelowna Knights! From first 7 regular season games they have won 5 of them and You know what is 5 too? The number of assists of Kelowna knights rookie – Chris Goodname. The hockey analysts think that behind his numbers are his mindset and personality.

What hockey personality does he has?

Mature – despite being one of youngest Knight he acts on ice as an elder. Isn’t afraid to handle the puck in responsible situations. He isn’t afraid to act like core player while he is on the ice. Also most of his decisions are smart wise especially middle and defensive zone.

Offensively minded – even though he is DEFENCEman he likes to make fast tempo game as direction set going to opponent net! As Goodname has said in interview once – “Best defence is the offence. You can not score while You are stuck in Your own zone. And even though You are +2 or +4 on scoreboard why to bring down the heat? Keep scoring, keep pushing, never stop. I define it as lack of ambitions. Even when You are shorthanded You can shoot at opponent net. Make the goalie stop the play. Win the faceoff. Shoot quickly. Don’t let easy in own zone. Don’t give a opponent team the single chance!”

Hunger – You might think that his offensive mind set is related to his belly. It might be. He is all the time eating. In training intermissions, going to arena, at arena, next to Zamboni. Even in the games when he is in the penalty box he takes his wives made lunch!

Canada

THEDNVR Player Feature 

Lord Raiden - Giving Back to the Community

Lord Raiden is relatively new to the Colorado area, but he is not new to being out in the community giving back. He has always been extremely active in the communities he has been around. Raiden said "I am so fortunate to be able to play a sport that I love for a career, so it is only right to give back to those who are less fortunate than myself. Or at least try to help them as much as I can." Raiden has been involved in so many community activities such as Food Drives, Habitat for Humanity, and School visits. What he really enjoys the most is hosting sporting events for kids. Raiden loves interacting with the children during the camps and teaching them the importance of teamwork, discipline, and sportsmanship. Raiden believes sports provides an outlet for children both mentally and physically while also giving them so tools to succed later in life. Raiden provides these camps at no cost to the community in belief that anyone and everyone should be able to attend these.  Lord Raiden is passionate about hockey but it seems that he may be more passionate about helping his community out. 

Word Count: 207

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

Whale of a Tale Podcast
Radio Host: Helloooooo Whalers Nation and welcome to the Whale of a Tale Podcast. I am Rich Cho-Danton with you for the next three hours. Today we we have a special treat for you as Whalers rookie center Daniil Nikiforov, the newly labeled Next Red Scare, joins us in the studio. Hey Daniil, how are things?
Nikiforov:  Thing are good. We struggle on ice lately but settle into city of Vancouver is go smooth. 
Radio Host: Good to hear that you are settling into the city. What are some things you like about the city and things you have found different to get used to? 
Nikiforov: Well food is good. I have always like to do eating challenges. I found ability to eat many things and not get sick a talent. I surprised I still not fat *both laugh*. Vancouver have many different food I not used to in North America. I have been eating many Chinese food. 
Radio Host: So Daniil, what is something that you enjoy doing that many of our listeners would be surprised to know you do?
Nikiforov: I am quiet person most time. I think most surprising is that play Dungeons and Dragons with friends back in Russia twice a week. We all get on discord and play character we been playing since 13 years old. Being in North America make time difference difficult and practice make struggle. But on non-game day I we make hour or two to play. Daniil play cleric. Cleric overpowered. Cleric do everything that everyone else do but better. Just like hockey player Daniil *he laughs*. 
Radio Host: Well that's definitely interesting. Not many players have come out to admit they play Dungeons and Dragons, but it's definitely become more popular over the last decade. Well, we need to take a moment for our sponsors. But when we come back we will continue talking with Daniil Nikiforov and get a bit more into the season so far and his expectations of himself with the team.
(340 Words)

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

Looking at Juli Schneider

The new girl on the block has arrived in St. Louis, and the young German sniper has turned heads already with her defensive play and ability to not only attack the puck with enough aggression, but pick her spots carefully to find that right area. But when she isn't attacking, she's quickly going back down the ice as a unique two way sniper that not many players can boast the ability of like Schneider.

Though to date she only has one goal in her first season in St. Louis, given enough time with training and being mentored by older players in the organisation and the staff involved with the team she can become a force to be reckoned with both ends of the ice. Keep your eyes on the young German as the seasons go on during her time in major junior, and she may very well become a superstar of incredible two way proportions if she plays her cards right.

[Image: 1YK3xiF.png]

Radio Host: Welcome to the show Brandt, I've gotta say we've been hearing all about your life back in Bowling Green Kentucky- and we're all excited to learn a little bit more about you and where you come from!

Brandt: Yeehaw! Now that we started turning our season around beating up those Lumberjacks from Maine it reminds me when I was still in grade school and my whole extended family came over for Thanksgiving dinner. My uncle Cletus had a great idea for us to play some wrestling games in the yard, but I couldn't find any pigs to grease so instead we just taped a bunch of sparklers together and watched them burn!

Radio Host: While that sounds exciting, I'm not sure that has anything to do with your victory over the Timber....

Brandt: Victory over who now? Ya'll got any of them miniature sandwiches on the show?

Radio Host: Okayyy, that's going to be it for this segment, thanks for tuning in.... 

Spooky Birdmen
[Image: brandt.png]
[Image: ljVMNfS.png]

Jonathan Cameron: Hey everyone, I'm here once again with Conner Hutton on behalf of Northern Sports, and Conner, do you know why I may have called you for this interview today?

Conner Hutton: To be honest, no, I don't have any clue.

JC:
Well after your first few games you were called to do a presser for the SMJHL Media, and you had some questions about your game, as well as life outside of it. Now I'm focusing in on one of those questions today, it was from your general manager actually..

CH: Yeah, I think I might know now. 

JC: And I believe your teammate, Axel Foley, also made a joke about it near the end of the interview. Is there any truth to those rumors?

CH: Yeah, we were actually caught after one of our games I think. We started playing in training camp because I brought my guitar to kill some time, and we were sort of just cranking a few songs out after hours. The coach might've been the one to hear us, or maybe one of the janitors. 

JC: So you can confirm for us that you are in a band with Foley?

CH: Yeah, we've got a band going.

Interviewer: What do you partake in when you are not on the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League Ice?

Lonnie: I gotta tell you man, one of my favorite things to do when I'm not on the rink skating or in the weight-room training is going the the local bar to get a few brewskis! I chug those suckers down like its going out of style, oooh mama I do! I get so drunk on the nights I'm not practicing that I sometimes find myself outside shoveling some of the snow off the street and buy mcdonalds!! I think that it is a great way for the team to bond, the boys just going out and having a few beers! Another thing that I have a passion for off the ice is banging super hot chicks! Its great physical activity to keep my cardio going when I'm not trying.
(156 words)

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

After being welcomed in to the Colorado Raptors dressing room Big Terry Smith is still unsure about how he is able to help the team. As Terrence is a shy guy whooften hides his emotions under his skin and keeps quiet. In the evenings after games he can be often seen taking strolls around the suburbs of Denver or taking a scenic hike through the wilderness in the rocky mountains. He states that, " Yea, I'm a quiet guy so taking a break and walking allows me to get away from media personal and the life of a SMJHL hockey player and lets me keep in touch with my younger self". This statement obviously shows that Big Terry is a calm man who does not like the spotlight, rather hating it. He followedup by saying this, "I was unaware about the huge media portion of the SMJHL ... sometimes I enjoy talking and post game press conferences, however I usually like to go home and hope in the hot tub or take a walk around town to get some time to myself". Figuering the amount of time Big Terry takes out of his day adressing the media and training around his teammates and team staff, it is evident that he will need a break.

Code:
212 Words

[Image: IYqjgDl.png]

Newfoundlander Bereksers rookie forward Liam Slate has always been interested in volunteer work and with that, recently Liam spent an entire day volunteering at a local animal shelter. Liam spent his day volunteering with playing with the animals and taking care of the animals. While there Slate spent some time with fellow volunteers who were mostly children. Slate fit right in with the other volunteers displaying his fun-loving goofy personality. Slate was seen running around with the dogs, giving them kisses and telling them that they are so cute. A employee at the shelter told us that "It looked like Liam was one of the kids while here. He was joking around, laughing, smiling and just having a good time. It was refreshing to see. He definitely has his own personality and it is infectious. We loved having him here, and would love for him to come back". This goes to show that Slate is a kind-hearted young man who is going to bring a lot of his personality to Newfoundland.

Code:
175 Words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup