Create Account

What the hell happened to the Platoon?

06-01-2020, 01:35 PMスウェグキング Wrote:
06-01-2020, 01:33 PMefiug Wrote: but Baltimore?!!

TBF, they had over 30 seasons to come up with a new identity to get away from the Nando assosication and they couldnt even come up with a new team name, so the Baltimore location shouldn't surprise you.

What's wrong with Baltimore?

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

06-01-2020, 01:42 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
06-01-2020, 01:35 PMスウェグキング Wrote: TBF, they had over 30 seasons to come up with a new identity to get away from the Nando assosication and they couldnt even come up with a new team name, so the Baltimore location shouldn't surprise you.

What's wrong with Baltimore?

they dont have an nhl team so obviously they cant have an shl team.
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2020, 02:08 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

06-01-2020, 01:58 PMefiug Wrote:
06-01-2020, 01:42 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: What's wrong with Baltimore?

they dont have an nhl team so obviously they cant have an shl team.

TBF i only said it because you posted the "but Baltimore?!!", idgaf what city they are in.

The Nando thing happened in 2013, it took 7 years to make the move, so idk how much this is about Nando really, lol.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

I mean, at least they kept the Platoon branding. There have been a ton of totally unnecessary relocations/rebrandings that are way worse than moving a team to an actual city. This one, at least, didn't feel like a new GM trying to remodel a historic team in their own image.

[Image: wopo0De.png]
Signature Credit: Wasty

herewegoagain.jpeg

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

06-01-2020, 02:17 PMAllegiant Wrote: I mean, at least they kept the Platoon branding. There have been a ton of totally unnecessary relocations/rebrandings that are way worse than moving a team to an actual city. This one, at least, didn't feel like a new GM trying to remodel a historic team in their own image.

Agree. I understand the moving WKP to Baltimore but like Carolina Kraken? Yikes
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2020, 03:24 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

06-01-2020, 03:07 PMBasedMinkus Wrote:
06-01-2020, 02:17 PMAllegiant Wrote: I mean, at least they kept the Platoon branding. There have been a ton of totally unnecessary relocations/rebrandings that are way worse than moving a team to an actual city. This one, at least, didn't feel like a new GM trying to remodel a historic team in their own image.

Agree. I understand the moving WKP to Baltimore but like Carolina Kraken? Yikes

Should never have rebranded from Impact. Only positive thing with the Carolina move is that Montreal could get a SHL team.(Idk if there's anything stopping a J and a shl team to be in the same city tbf)

WKP shouldve relocated and rebranded to Montreal Impact tbh

06-01-2020, 02:07 PMスウェグキング Wrote:
06-01-2020, 01:58 PMefiug Wrote: they dont have an nhl team so obviously they cant have an shl team.

TBF i only said it because you posted the "but Baltimore?!!", idgaf what city they are in.

The Nando thing happened in 2013, it took 7 years to make the move, so idk how much this is about Nando really, lol.
the thing people forget is west Kendall is actually where he was from. It's not just a team he ran or whatnot.

Also there were more reasons than just Nando to us moving. We detailed one other in our relocation post and the rest to HO in our application. Definitely didn't just move for the Nando incident. There were an amalgamation of small annoyances that have consistently caused certain issues so we addressed it while trying to keep part of the branding that so many other platoon members have grown fond of since Nando.

Moving WKP was the right choice. But Philadelphia Platoon would've sounded cooler Ninja

06-01-2020, 03:04 PM.bojo Wrote: herewegoagain.jpeg
[Image: d6bzrpzmwoj31.jpg]

[Image: 336.jpg]

06-01-2020, 04:50 PMteztify Wrote: Moving WKP was the right choice. But Philadelphia Platoon would've sounded cooler Ninja

100% agree

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

06-01-2020, 03:25 PMJR95 Wrote:
06-01-2020, 02:07 PMスウェグキング Wrote: TBF i only said it because you posted the "but Baltimore?!!", idgaf what city they are in.

the thing people forget is west Kendall is actually where he was from. It's not just a team he ran or whatnot.

Also there were more reasons than just Nando to us moving. We detailed one other in our relocation post and the rest to HO in our application. Definitely didn't just move for the Nando incident. There were an amalgamation of small annoyances that have consistently caused certain issues so we addressed it while trying to keep part of the branding that so many other platoon members have grown fond of since Nando.

But he also created the Platoon brand, so if this was purely about getting away from the nando association then a complete rebrand would be the best, but you say that it wasn't and if that's the case then good on you guys, I honestly don't remember what was said in the relocation announcement and i do get that the Platoon brand has become a home for a lot of people so i can 100% see the cons with rebranding from that.

I myself wouldn't have cared if the team stayed in West Kendall, seeing as nothing had been done for years and years about the taint, people keep saying the move was to distance the team from Nando but i don't see it doing that without a complete re-brand. It's your decision though and i trust you thought it through and did the changes you wanted to. Cheers I'm just tired of this talk from people about how it is distancing the association with Nando every time it's brought up, when it really doesn't.  Laughing

06-01-2020, 05:49 PMスウェグキング Wrote:
06-01-2020, 03:25 PMJR95 Wrote: the thing people forget is west Kendall is actually where he was from. It's not just a team he ran or whatnot.

But he also created the Platoon brand, so if this was purely about getting away from the nando association then a complete rebrand would be the best, but you say that it wasn't and if that's the case then good on you guys, I honestly don't remember what was said in the relocation announcement and i do get that the Platoon brand has become a home for a lot of people so i can 100% see the cons with rebranding from that.

I myself wouldn't have cared if the team stayed in West Kendall, seeing as nothing had been done for years and years about the taint, people keep saying the move was to distance the team from Nando but i don't see it doing that without a complete re-brand. It's your decision though and i trust you thought it through and did the changes you wanted to. Cheers I'm just tired of this talk from people about how it is distancing the association with Nando every time it's brought up, when it really doesn't.  Laughing
he created the brand but it wasn't personally tied to him in the way the city was. We felt there was a significant difference in the amount the city was linked to him as opposed to the brand. Not saying it isn't, but "the platoon" brand meant a significant amount to a lot of people after Nando whereas "west Kendall" has always kinda meant jack to everyone.

When we first started talking about relocating internally I asked everyone on the team and some still involved alumni straight up if they'd want to relocate or stay in West Kendall. 1 person voted to stay (no, it wasn't bojo). It was kinda sad seeing how little everyone liked and cared about where they played. That said one big condition from the team was that we could keep the platoon and toonza brands. people didn't give a crap and were eager at the prospect of leaving west kendall but scared to lose the name and brand.

06-01-2020, 05:44 PMluketd Wrote:
06-01-2020, 04:50 PMteztify Wrote: Moving WKP was the right choice. But Philadelphia Platoon would've sounded cooler Ninja

100% agree

200% disagree

[Image: lebbish.gif]

06-01-2020, 01:27 PMSegi Wrote:
06-01-2020, 01:19 PMefiug Wrote: Bkltimore

Best Kendall Platoon

Exactly

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa