Create Account

S54 Fantasy Stats - SMJHL Edition
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2020, 04:53 PM by thiefofcheese.)

So I'm quite broke and need some cash so I figured I'd resurrect the SMJHL Fantasy scores and add a little analysis.  A lot of people pay attention to the SHL Fantasy scoring daily but no one looks at the J.  I'm here to change that.  I won't be updating it daily, but will probably post results once a week or so.

Right off the bat lets look at the Skater totals as of this morning (not counting today's sim unless I'm slow about posting this).

Top 10 fantasy scorers:

[Image: Top-Skaters-20200601.png]

(Using images since it's easier to read - but probably hurting my payout.  Be nice graders!)

Here we see that S53 Ben van Dijik (@Ben) is leading the charts.   With 366 TPE he's still on top of the 425 crew and it seems like things are going his way.  Let's see if Ben can keep things rolling like this through the season.

Another thing to note here is that Newfoundland has 5 of the top 8 fantasy scorers which aligns well to their current #1 spot in the league (more on that later).  Tinke Jutila is coming in as the top S54 player on the list and is nearing his cap sporting 340 TPE.

From here we'll go into Goalies.   I know that the league groups goalies by team so I'll do that here as well, but figured the individual standings are worth sharing too:

First by Team:

[Image: Goalie-Scores.png]

Newfoundland is up top again with an almost 6 point gain on the other teams.   

On to the individual goalie stats.   I'm dropping the full list here vs just the top 10 because it's a much more digestible list:

[Image: zrI2bQ1.png]

Looks like we have a trend going.   NL is on the top of this list as well, but that's not a sure thing because most J teams play their backup quite often and that can really make or break the standings.  As we see more backup games being played I think this list will get shuffled around a bit.

Now I'll make some correlations that really don't mean much, but I gotta keep this post going in order to make the money I need for training.   Lets start with a look at the standings:

[Image: CQv0aEP.png]

Similar to the other boards, NL is sitting at the top.   But a few things to note:   They have 1 more game played than most other teams (the Whalers being the exception), so that inherently gives a fantasy advantage.   With 12.5-25% more play time than the competition their players have had more time to add to their stats.   But ice time doesn't necessarily correlate directly to fantasy points so don't dismiss NL's ranks yet.   Of the 8 games they've played 4 have been against teams in the top 50% of points with the other 4 in the bottom.   So it's not that they are just getting easy wins, they are showing that they can pull the points in throughout the league.  Though they haven't played ANA yet (as of this writing), so watch out!

Taking a look back at the individual goalies - Frans Eller is sitting at #3 in the fantasy points, but CAR is 6th in the league standings and Eller only has 3 wins.  But look at those saves!   He's clearly getting a lot of shots against which lifts his save count and contributes back to his standing.   Toronto's Harry Carpet managed to pull in 7th place for goalies last year even though they had single digit wins.   While not necessarily the best choice to take, you can't rule out goalies in fantasy based on the teams total performance (though those W's are worth a hell of a lot more individually).

Lets also throw in Skater scores grouped by team (like how goalies are):

[Image: BDdRitT.png]

[Image: 6cy3anw.png]

Unsurprisingly NL is on top again and by a very wide margin.   But then we get hit with a lot of other surprises.  Vancouver is also a team with 8 games, but I was surprised to see their team in 2nd place on this list even with the extra game.   Followed then by CAR who is in the bottom 50% of points.  Just goes to show that there are some significant players performing even on those teams that aren't starting off well.   

I'll get this updated every so often so good luck everyone!

Code:
726 measly words and lots of spreadsheets

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

thief back writing media, you love to see it

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2020, 05:30 PM by Ohtaay.)

Nice article and good work man!

Cheers

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Nice, wish i made the cut!

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]

Wait what, I'm good??

[Image: benoconnor.gif]
[Image: H9wdMVb.png?1]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png] [Image: HKi05IH.png]

@Patty wtf

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2020, 02:14 PM by Patty.)

06-02-2020, 11:00 AMNhamlet Wrote: @Patty wtf
@Nhamletwhat I've learned here is 350 builds are better than 425 builds

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

06-02-2020, 01:16 PMPatty Wrote:
06-02-2020, 11:00 AMNhamlet Wrote: @Patty wtf
@Nhamletwhat I've learned here is 350 builds are better than 425 builds

This. This is what I was subtly saying

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King