Create Account

S54 WFT #2 - Family Rivalry

Karl doesn't have any biological family, but has always viewed his teammates as family. Growing up his program was one that you grow with, you were basically with the same team every year, so he was able to form some pretty tight bonds with his team. That extended to Halifax, and him and his brother, Adam Barron are in constant communication even though their careers have been set on different trajectories.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Growing up in Ireland Patric Twist had no wee siblings.  But there were a lass down the lane he were great pals wit.  They'd play in puddles ot'side the pub while their pa's shouted at the football game.  The lass knew nu'thin about hockee.  But she were like family for Patric.

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

Gabe Johnson doesn't have any siblings. After seeing how their first child turned out, his parents definitely decided they had to draw the line at mistake number one. For Johnson, it helped keep him motivated because he didn't have a younger and cooler sibling to outperform him when he practiced hockey.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Code:
League History: What SHL family is the best in league history? Some stats of the frontrunner families are provided below, courtesy of @luketd and the History Department. Make the case for one of these families - or any other family not included - as the best in league history.

I am surprised that the Tuck family isn't listed here because I have had the honor of getting to play with Tommy and Tor Tuck and they have been phenomenal players to be with on and off the ice. They have won two challenge cup's together with the Edmonton  Blizzard and have won a total of 12 awards combined in their hockey careers.

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

Tuck, Aittokallio, McZehrl, whatever. The real great hockey family are the Cains. Aleister Cain is a renowned SHL goaltender, being taken from a stacked edmonton team in an expansion draft by the New Orleans Specters. He won 2 four star cups and at least 3 gold medals.

Martin Cain has not had as much luck in the sport, playing one season in the NSHL and one season in the CHL. Both leagues are now defunct. He has recently gotten into coaching and GMing, GMing for the Scarecrows in S53 for a short stint.

Wendy Cain, nicknamed Kandee, was a minor league goaltender in the VHL for the Philadelphia Reapers. She retired to take care of her newborn daughter.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Pottsykinz has some siblings but none of them have the level of sexiness and ultimate girth of their best child, the Slatterkinzypoo. When it’s all said and done don’t be surprised if SLATT is better than any of the established families in the SHL, however he’s not a cheater like these families he’s a one man show and doesn’t need no help to be the best.

[Image: minadsslatt.png]

06-04-2020, 02:45 PMJames Truong Wrote:
Code:
League History: What SHL family is the best in league history? Some stats of the frontrunner families are provided below, courtesy of @luketd and the History Department. Make the case for one of these families - or any other family not included - as the best in league history.

I am surprised that the Tuck family isn't listed here because I have had the honor of getting to play with Tommy and Tor Tuck and they have been phenomenal players to be with on and off the ice. They have won two challenge cup's together with the Edmonton  Blizzard and have won a total of 12 awards combined in their hockey careers.

We added it at the end.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Gunnar is the youngest of seven children, so yes, he definitely has siblings. To be more specific, he has six older sisters: Liv, Emilia, Erika, Cecilia, Helena, and Astrid (in order of age). There was never any particular rivalry between Gunnar and his sisters; even though two of them also play hockey or used to, there's a big enough age gap that they were never in much of a position to compete with each other (Gunnar is seven years younger than Astrid, and from there the age gap between him and the other sisters is even larger, up to his oldest sister Liv who is sixteen years older than he is). Gunnar has always been close with all of his sisters, although his interactions with each of them have varied due to the varying age difference; for some of them, he's been happy to babysit his little nieces and nephews. Regardless of the kinds of things he and his sisters enjoy spending their time doing, they've always been a closely-knit family, and continue to be even though he lives halfway around the world now.

When he was younger, Gunnar often wished he wasn't the youngest, and also that he wasn't the only boy in a houseful of girls, and when his mother remarried when he was nine, there was a time when he campaigned for another little sibling (a request his mother gently but quickly shut down, as she had already raised seven children and was not interested in starting over even if she hadn't been forty-seven years old). Now that he's grown, Gunnar is perfectly happy with his family the way it is, and trips home are always a crowded, exciting occasion.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Player Backstory:

Luckily or unfortunately Ensio Kalju was the only child in the Kalju family. According to his own words, Ensio did not feel lonely due to living in an area that had quite a few kids around his age, so there was always someone to play with. That is actually how Kalju first started playing hockey, with the neighborhood kids in a local outside rink.

I have a brother, but he doesn't play sports. The Rockefeller name is pretty prestigious back home. My brother helps run the family company and will be taking over for our dad when the time comes. We've both taken different paths to success and we're both living out our dreams.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
47-17-2
Regular Season - [G 7] [A 13] [Pts 20] [+/- +27] [PIM 36] [Hits 37] [SB 125]
Playoffs - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- -1] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 4]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Harry doesn't have any siblings, but he was quite the opposite of a spoiled 'only child' growing up. Sometimes he had wished for a sibling to play hockey with at any time of the day (or night, even), because playing goalie was much more fun when he had someone to actually shoot pucks at him. Luckily the neighbor kids did the job just fine usually, they just weren't around 24/7.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

When speaking of historical family legacies in the SHL, one would be remiss to omit the name of Manius.

Hulking defenseman, HOF’er, goon, Neanderthal, sex maniac, Big Manius was many things. A complex man of (mostly sedimentary) layers, Big Manius is a legend in the SHL. He won Challenge Cups, scored with a booming slap shot from the point and struck fear in the hearts of opposing skaters and the surrounding sheep population.

Lil’ Manius , the currently reigning Dar award winner, is one of the top forwards in the SHL right now . For both Winnipeg and now New Orleans, Lil’ Manius has flew up and down the ice, shooting the puck with as much abandon as he has checked his opponents into the boards.

@Bonk

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Ivan Maximus does in fact have a sister. She doesn’t like skating though so has never taken up hockey. Ivan’s sister, Igan, is highly ranked wrestler in college. So Ivan won’t pick a fight with her.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

Taisto happened to be the only child in the family, but thankfully he had a cousin the same age who he always played with and had fun from since a very young age. This cousin was called Tinke Jutila and can also be found in the SHL.

[Image: MrEjaPX.png]

[Image: M6lTFl2.jpg]

Being the only child was actually helped me a lot with becoming a goalie. Goalie equipment costs a lot of money and if I had many brothers and / or sisters it would have been tough to my family to keep buying new stuff almost every summer when I was growing fast. Don't get me it would have been great to have siblings but things worked out fine after all.

[Image: HuuveriCUDA.png]
 Raptors Raptors Sweden Thanks to @JSS for the sig! Sweden Barracuda Barracuda