Create Account

I´m not donating

06-03-2020, 05:39 AMMayuu Wrote: Suffragettes stormed parliament, were assaulted by police, smashed windows, set fire to postboxes and empty buildings, set bombs in churches and property, and faced anger and ridicule in the media. I would call voting rights for women positive change, wouldn't you?

Sure, but is that how you get things done in a civilized society, by destruction?

06-03-2020, 05:52 AMCitizen of Adraa Wrote: And you are telling us this for exactly what reason?
Oh I´m sorry, I thought this was the general section of the forum. I did not realize I had to come to you first to ask for permission. I will learn from this and ask first next time. If that is what you are after here.

Quote:Is the police now supposed to let the African-Americans do whatever they want?

I dont think that's what these protests are about and what Baelor want's to tell you...

[Image: Bananabread.gif] 

Thank you @Carpy48, @honkerrs

BLM hasn't regressed their own players yet. What do they know about protesting?

But more seriously, and I mean this as respectfully as I can muster, take a fucking hike if you're going to tell me to let my home go to shit because of some punks. These are places that I know like the back of my hands because I used to work or go to school around them. These are places that I don't need a map to chart out exactly where this is going down because I see so many flashes of them in my head. This is my home, dude. I have been through 6 major hurricanes, 2 Super Bowls, a CFP Final, the '08 recession, the '12 RNC, and COVID-19 in this city, and fuck you, I'm not going to let this be the straw that breaks it.

Yeah, the looting is wrong and the riots are hurting people and businesses. It really chaps my ass that so many Mom n Pop stores and restaurants are getting swept up in this. But the peaceful protests are not part of the problem. If we can and want to support those protests and that cause, we should do so. That is what the donation drive is about: supporting the cause as those that donate understand it.

No matter how you choose to categorize the divide in this country right now, be it White and Not, Police and Civilian, Rioter and Protestor, the fact as I know it is this: we have a stunning lack of kindness and consideration for our fellow citizens in this country, and it's beginning to take a systemic toll on us.

For a land and people that portray ourselves as fighters for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness with the understanding that all people are created equally, we're doing a terrible fucking job of putting our money where our mouths are.

Regardless of your opinion on BLM or cops or politics, let's all start holding ourselves accountable for our judgements and the reasons for them that we pass in our heads and hearts every day. Let's examine them for what they are, finding fault where there is fault and truth where there is truth. Give the benefit of doubt, and at the very least be civil. There will be mistakes and imperfections, but error is human and the best we can do is keep learning and getting better. Remember the problems, but focus on the solutions.

Let's be better than we were yesterday so that we can hope a little bigger tomorrow.

That's all I have to say on the matter.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

06-03-2020, 06:21 AMLeoben Wrote: The riots have nothing to do with police brutality or racism?  If George Floyd is alive right now, then the tinderbox wouldn't have been ignited last week.  So I'd say they have everything to do with racism and police brutality.  There are opportunists in every group who will take advantage of the situation, but that shouldn't distract you from the real problem.

I don't think you're a racist piece of shit as some have suggested, but you're off the mark here.  Might just wanna sit this one out and get some perspective.  Or not.  If you don't wanna donate then just don't donate(I didn't either but I just can't afford to right now).  A lot of us on this site are very passionate about things like this, which is good, and we need more people like that in the world.  Posts like this will just come off as antagonistic to some.

I see a lot of people who take advantage of the situation, or certainly it looks like it when I see videos/pictures of people running in and out of stores holding stolen items. They do not look sad or oppressed, some look quite happy actually. Quite interesting also that quite few are not out there without wearing some kind of mask to hide their identity, why is that? Surely protesting and rioting should be done with your own face?

I´m not a racist, nothing wrong with being passionate. Just wanted to share my comments and thoughts about everything that is going on.

06-03-2020, 06:35 AMThe__Y-man__100 Wrote: @jRuutu I feel you man and personally share a similar stance on the situation. If a middle eastern group started doing the same exact thing because they are being oppressed, society would immediately label it as an act of terrorism. But apparently it’s different when it’s for an African American cause.

But hey, maybe I’m not seeing the full picture, but how is robbing a Rolex store standing up for black rights? Was Floyd all about that drip?

We live in a weird world, quite interesting how you are not allowed to criticize the so-called oppressed African-Americans and their movement/actions without being labeled as racist. And I wondered the same thing when I saw one person carrying 5 or 6 boxes of sneakers out of a store, and I wondered the same when someone died when trying to open an ATM.

06-03-2020, 07:09 AMjRuutu Wrote:
06-03-2020, 05:49 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: How many times have people protested peacefully FOR THIS EXACT SAME ISSUE? Yet none of these peaceful protests have resulted in any sort of changes to or addressing of the systemic injustices people of color face in the US.
And still the best solution was to steal and break everything?
Honestly, probably. What else is there to do? At the end of the day, things can be replaced. Lives cannot.

06-03-2020, 05:49 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: What about the people who uphold white supremacy taking a massive shit where they eat and never having to face any repercussions for it, instead handing the repercussions down to the people they hide behind law to discriminate against? This is what people rioting and protesting are shitting on. With that being said, do you really think these protests are irrational - to resist an oppressor is wrong or irrational?
I don´t believe for a second even half of the people who are out there protestins/rioting/looting give two shits about fighting against the machine. All they want is to cause chaos.  If they really want to resist an oppressor, how about saying no to following the dumbest motherfuckers in the neighborhood and staying at home on a friday night?
The smartest people in the neighborhood are leading these protests and directing the protestors to use common sense by targeting police stations, government institutions, large corporations that are also very complicit in enforcing a system that preys on the poor, who are disproportionately people of color, telling people to stop when crossing a line, discouraging violence against human beings. But, yes, you are right that they want to cause chaos but that is not all the vast majority of the protesters want. I will say it again - they want to affect changes on an institutional level to create a society that affords all people, regardless of race, religion, gender, etc. an equal opportunity.

06-03-2020, 05:49 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: This is a very vague criticism of all black people. You need to be more specific about this because right now, this absolutely reeks of racism - vague attacks on the black community that appear to be based on stereotypes.

I´m just saying that not all so called racism related interactions between the police and African-American community is started by the police randomly showing up to harass innocent people.
Of course not. But let's not forget that it is not the norm for the police to be killing/acting violent/overstepping the boundaries of so many people and it is so obvious that there is a huge need for accountability.

06-03-2020, 05:49 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: What the fuck are you on about now? Why should George Floyd being accused of using a counterfeit bill or Breonna Taylor sleeping at her home have to answer for people who they don't even associate with? Just because they have the same skin color?

Similar to above, in general taking part in criminal activities is a good way to get in touch with the police. At what point people take some ownership? Is the police now supposed to let the African-Americans do whatever they want?
Civil disobedience is one of the best ways to get in touch with the government when peaceful protests fall on deaf ears.

06-03-2020, 05:49 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: They have EVERYTHING to do with police brutality and racism. If you don't understand the riots, just imagine having zero choice but to grow up and live in a country built upon the slave labor of your ancestors, that refused to even recognize that all humans, regardless of color, deserve equal rights (in theory because it's still not happened in practice) until less than 60 years ago, that, since making the grand gesture of civil rights has implemented targeted policies to keep people of color in a disadvantaged position by designing a justice system that treats black people and white people differently (https://www.poverty-action.org/study/dis...ial-system), failing to adequately fund public schools in nonwhite school districts to the tune of $23 billion less in funding despite serving about the same number of students (https://edbuild.org/content/23-billion), and a system where black men are 2.5 times as likely to be killed by police as white men (https://www.citylab.com/equity/2019/08/p...ta/595528/).

Yet all that ever happens is some lip service is provided by the powers that implemented and enforce these inequalities that exist to this very day, that have culminated in the wrongful deaths of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, And Ahmaud Arbery just in the last three months. And these are just the ones we heard about. Realistically, what progress has been made? Yes, it's more of a talking point now but where is the policy? When will murderers who hide behind uniforms be punished appropriately? These are questions that are starting to feel like they have no real answer.

And that is why we are seeing riots, looting, and burning. Because nothing is changing with peaceful protests. These riots, no matter how hard people may try to portray them as such, are NOT irrational. Again and again, a fundamentally racist institution - the United States Government - refuses to clean up and address the real issues and offers, at best, empty platitudes. Honestly, people will continue to lash out against the system until actual changes are made.

But to suggest that the protests and riots have nothing to do with racism and police brutality means you have zero understanding about this. I would say you should have kept your mouth shut but it's good that you did this - because you are exposing yourself as a racist piece of shit and people who are keeping quiet and may share some or all of your views can see the responses and mayyyyyybe have a change of heart or start to understand the situation a bit better.

Its year 2020, awful tragedies happened in the past. They should never be forgotten, but where is the black lives matter when black on black crime happens? I don´t hear any news then, why is that? Maybe start from uniting your own community before burning everything down? Joining together at the streets to create chaos does very little to the African-American community. Enjoy the communities after this is all over. The positive thing is protesting peacefully is that you don´t have to rebuild everything. That is also what civilized people do, they don´t trash everything and expect to be treated with respect.
You don't hear news on it, no. The media is naturally focused on negative stories. Black Lives Matter is actually a really tremendous organisation that is trying to do so much for underpriviledged people and communities but only gets publicity when they are protesting, unfortunately. If you are interested, I encourage you to browse their website at https://blacklivesmatter.com/ and take a look at the actions they are taking that include promotion of black leaders, artists, politicians as well as checking out the chapters across the United States that are engaging in community building.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

3 days into June and the Clown of the Month is already on lock

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

06-03-2020, 07:21 AMjRuutu Wrote: Quite interesting also that quite few are not out there without wearing some kind of mask to hide their identity, why is that? Surely protesting and rioting should be done with your own face?

That might have more to do with the virus than people trying to remain anonymous. Although social distancing be damned from what I've seen on TV.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

I'm not sure if you're really this racist, or if you just enjoy being the centre of attention so much that you resort to penning down one of the shittiest takes Ive seen on this subject so far.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

06-03-2020, 07:27 AMLeoben Wrote:
06-03-2020, 07:21 AMjRuutu Wrote: Quite interesting also that quite few are not out there without wearing some kind of mask to hide their identity, why is that? Surely protesting and rioting should be done with your own face?

That might have more to do with the virus than people trying to remain anonymous.  Although social distancing be damned from what I've seen on TV.

Wonder how many more will get the virus because or this, though hopefully most people out there isnt in the most vulnerable group of people so they'll most likely be fine either way.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2020, 07:33 AM by bluesfan55.)

06-03-2020, 07:30 AMMutedfaith Wrote: I'm not sure if you're really this racist, or if you just enjoy being the centre of attention so much that you resort to penning down one of the shittiest takes Ive seen on this subject so far.

i think it's the latter, although i wouldn't rule out the former. this is a dude who thunderdomed people for doing things on another league when he was their teammate and instead of objecting to it in the team locker room since he's a drama whore he brought it here.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

06-03-2020, 07:14 AMUrsinZ Wrote:
Quote:Is the police now supposed to let the African-Americans do whatever they want?

I dont think that's what these protests are about and what Baelor want's to tell you...
Fine, and I´m just saying that the other half should also take ownership on the matter.

06-03-2020, 07:21 AMCapt_Blitzkrieg Wrote: BLM hasn't regressed their own players yet. What do they know about protesting?

But more seriously, and I mean this as respectfully as I can muster, take a fucking hike if you're going to tell me to let my home go to shit because of some punks. These are places that I know like the back of my hands because I used to work or go to school around them. These are places that I don't need a map to chart out exactly where this is going down because I see so many flashes of them in my head. This is my home, dude. I have been through 6 major hurricanes, 2 Super Bowls, a CFP Final, the '08 recession, the '12 RNC, and COVID-19 in this city, and fuck you, I'm not going to let this be the straw that breaks it.

Yeah, the looting is wrong and the riots are hurting people and businesses. It really chaps my ass that so many Mom n Pop stores and restaurants are getting swept up in this. But the peaceful protests are not part of the problem. If we can and want to support those protests and that cause, we should do so. That is what the donation drive is about: supporting the cause as those that donate understand it.

No matter how you choose to categorize the divide in this country right now, be it White and Not, Police and Civilian, Rioter and Protestor, the fact as I know it is this: we have a stunning lack of kindness and consideration for our fellow citizens in this country, and it's beginning to take a systemic toll on us.

For a land and people that portray ourselves as fighters for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness with the understanding that all people are created equally, we're doing a terrible fucking job of putting our money where our mouths are.

Regardless of your opinion on BLM or cops or politics, let's all start holding ourselves accountable for our judgements and the reasons for them that we pass in our heads and hearts every day. Let's examine them for what they are, finding fault where there is fault and truth where there is truth. Give the benefit of doubt, and at the very least be civil. There will be mistakes and imperfections, but error is human and the best we can do is keep learning and getting better. Remember the problems, but focus on the solutions.

Let's be better than we were yesterday so that we can hope a little bigger tomorrow.

That's all I have to say on the matter.
Good comment!

In the end only thing you can really do is try to be better yourself, you can´t think and act for other people. Only you can change how you treat other people. Personally, I have nothing against African-American people, I have nothing against people in general. I don´t agree with violent protesting, I don´t see anything positive coming out of that, maybe it´s a cultural thing - I don´t know, but to me it´s insane how you can destroy the city and/or neighborhood you live in. What about the tomorrow?

06-03-2020, 07:21 AMjRuutu Wrote: so-called oppressed African-Americans

“I’m not a racist I just like to casually dismiss systematic racism as a hobby in my free time”

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

06-03-2020, 07:34 AMsköldpaddor Wrote:
06-03-2020, 07:21 AMjRuutu Wrote: so-called oppressed African-Americans

“I’m not a racist I just like to casually dismiss systematic racism as a hobby in my free time”

Lmao ya that line hurt my head Confused

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Black people, amirite? Why can't they just pull up their pants and get a job at their dad's law firm like every other normal person?
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2020, 07:40 AM by Baelor Swift.)

06-03-2020, 07:33 AMjRuutu Wrote: In the end only thing you can really do is try to be better yourself, you can´t think and act for other people. Only you can change how you treat other people. Personally, I have nothing against African-American people, I have nothing against people in general. I don´t agree with violent protesting, I don´t see anything positive coming out of that, maybe it´s a cultural thing - I don´t know, but to me it´s insane how you can destroy the city and/or neighborhood you live in. What about the tomorrow?
That's the thing - people are fighting for a tomorrow in which everyone has an equal opportunity to achieve. Right now, that doesn't exist because of a society that has enacted and enforced laws that disproportionately impact people of color and, by virtue, perpetuate negative stereotypes and biases by trying to hide the fact that institutional racism is real. And this system is ravaging communities moreso than any amount of looting ever could.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]