Create Account

Hockey Talk Tonight #8 (June 4, 2020)
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2020, 11:18 PM by sve7en.)

x minutes, please split money between me, @Faelax, @Cobbenstein, and @hockeyiscool

[Image: HKrnj8t.png]
Because of HTT and the support provided from you all, my channel hit the numbers that Twitch requires for the affiliate program. In the spirit of the last week's events and the incredible work done across the site regarding SHL Community Giving Back, the other three of HTT agreed that any potential money from the subs we get this month will be matched (up to $50, as I am unemployed student) and paid through to BLM organizations. If you have a Twitch Prime sub available that becomes free money to donate, but we would rather see money for paid subscriptions donated directly instead.
12 subs today, matched and paid forward to Black Lives Matter Global Network!
Topics:

SMJHL Expansion:
. What would you prioritize in building your team in the expansion draft?
. What should the protection rules look like?
. Is a Golden Knights situation possible where a team comes in to the league both strong and in a sustainable way (not just picking a bunch of S53 guys)?

--user questions-- (we won't get to all of these this week, I'm sorry)
[All] Mazatt - What teams stand to be impacted the most by an expansion draft? Conversely, what teams would scrape by the expansion draft?
[All] Mazatt - Do you see anything beyond an expansion draft happening to help handle the mass influx of SMJHL players that could happen these next two seasons?
[All] ACapitalChicago - How do you think implementing injuries could affect the SHL?
[All] Luketd - When you guys originally came into the smjhl, what’s a quality you saw in your GM that you think is important that the expansion should have?
[All] Bluesfan55 - The shl season has finally started, what are your thoughts on the season so far?
[All] Bluesfan55 - which player's early performances have flown under the radar?
[All] ACapitalChicago - Biggest winners and losers in the shl through 15 games?
[All] CementHands - Given FHM stats and 3 lines in the SHL, what do you think the floor for an active player would be for them to be called up before their 3rd send down season?
[All] Roastpuff - Is there burn-out for SHL/SMJHL stuff? What do you think causes it? How about you guys - are you starting to experience it? What can be done to minimize or avoid it?
[All] Ace - Thoughts on my friend Wally's tremendous start? Is it because of Cale that the Berserkers are having so much success, or is it a team-wide thing? With the lead that Cale has in major goaltending statistics, is there a goalie that can run him down and give him a run for his money?
[All] Overdoo - What teams in the SHL, and the SMJHL are doing better than they should, and worse than they should so far?
[Faelax / sve7en] Rangerjase - When drafting a new player how deeply do you take a look at their build and how compatible they will be with someone else on the line? Does playing your top TPE guys together work better than spreading them out?
[All] Z0rem - If you each had to name an award after yourselves in the J's, what would you like it to commemorate? You may come up with the same metric. At the end I want you all to vote on which one you think would actually make it!

--closers--
[All] Bluesfan55 - Music suggestions?
[All] ACapitalChicago - Hot dogs or hamburgers?
[All] Overdoo - What Jolly Rancher is the best Jolly Rancher?

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Live now!

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

you and the htt guys are fucking legends for using the twitch affiliate money for good. big respek

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

06-04-2020, 07:50 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: you and the htt guys are fucking legends for using the twitch affiliate money for good. big respek

12 subs tonight, I'll be getting the donation together later tonight!

Thanks for coming out yall!

Vod is up!

best show in the biz

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber

Matched and paid out to BLM Global.

[Image: EZt6xV8WoAAiZGm?format=png&name=large]

I also flexed it to Bleachers because they'll supposedly match: https://twitter.com/Sve7enTV/status/1268742896167137280