Create Account

Dickie Adua Post Draft Interview

[Image: ryan073005_pose.jpg]

[Image: jamesduthie.jpg]

James Duthie caught up with Dickie Adua after he was picked by the Detroit Falcons.

Duthie: So Dickie, I know it was a long wait but you must be extremely happy to hear your name selected to the Detroit Falcons.

Adua: Well it was a much longer wait than I had hoped for. I was not expecting to go in the first round but thought I could have gone a little higher. The worst part was the wait. I am just extremely happy to be drafted into such a league but to go by each pick and not have your name call was very difficult.

Duthie: Well judging from the reaction when your name was called it seemed like your mother and father were more excited to hear your name than you were.
[Image: Broderick-parents-celebrate.jpg]

Adua: Yes it did that way. My parents have put so much into my hockey career and I owe them so much. My mother was just happy to hear my name and have the waiting stop. I'm sure she could see I was stressed and was just happy it was over. My dad is actually a huge Detroit Falcons, which we tried to keep hidden for the draft as we did not want it to affect my draft status. My dad has been going to Falcons' games since he was a young kid and I can't imagine how happy he will be to see me in their jersey.

Duthie: So did you have any idea the Falcons were interested in you?

Adua: Well I did have some clue that they had some interest. They were the team I had the longest interview with at the combine and they flew me out to Detroit to have a follow up meeting where I met the whole management team and took a tour of the facilities.

Duthie: How was your visit?

Adua: I was quite spectacular actually. The rink is amazing and there is just so much history there. I cannot wait for my first home game there. The lockerroom and the workout room are spectacular. They are pro quality.
[Image: 3083730814_4f979c4698.jpg]

Duthie: Where do you think you will be on their depth chart going into training camp?

Adua: Well going into training camp I expect to be slotted as a third liner right now based off of where i got drafted. But i expect to be a 2nd line guy possible first liner by the end of the year. Going into training camp I am trying to prove there will not be much of a learning curve and that I can produce right out of the get go.

Duthie: What are you thinking about the possibility of playing with Drizzy Drake?

Adua: Well that is one of the things that first came to my mind when I heard my name. He is a tremendously gifted player on the back end and will truly be one of the best players in this league. I think with me and him the team could have a tremendous powerplay this year.
[Image: 220px-Drake_Bluesfest.jpg]

Duthie: Detroit is very deep at Center. There are rumbling they may have you play on the wing. How will you be willing to adpat if you have to?

Adua: I am a true center and that is where I would like to play and I will do everything in my power to earn a spot at center. However, if that is what management feels like they is best for the team that is what I will do.

Duthie: What is one of the most underrated aspects of your game?

Adua: I think my leadership goes under the radar. I have only been captain once and that was for team USA at a recent tournament. I feel like people look at that as a negative on my leadership. However, I have been playing with kids one and two years older than me for quite some time so that is why I have not been able to wear the C more often.

Duthie: What is one aspect of your game you are trying to improve on right now?

Adua: I'm working on my strength right now. I know that that is one of my weaknesses and I have been in the weight room all summer.
[Image: squat-franco-colombu-arnold-schwarzenegg...ller-1.jpg]

Duthie: Thank you for your time and we wish you the best in the up coming season.

Adua: Thank you very much. Go Falcons!

734 words
6 pictures

nice one Ilike

Falcons