Create Account

S54 SMJHL PT #3 - Pre-Game Playlist
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2020, 05:16 PM by juniped.)

1. The Ecstasy of Gold by L'Estasi Dell'oro- A song to start out that our coach picks out that gives us some Pre-Game meditation time to focus ourselves

2. Mantra by Bring me the Horizon: A song to bring us out of our focus time and get our personal in game mantras in to our heads, also by the coach.

3. Start a Riot by Duckworth: picked by Lord Raiden, this song is just out team hype song and gets the blood flowing.

4. Baby Shark: Picked by me, mostly as a joke but everyone liked it so much we kept it.

5. Bangarang. A hype song the team all picked together that we all use to get out last hype up before we leave the locker room to take the ice. Get's the blood flowing at the peak effeciency and nobody can lose when listening to bangarang.

[Image: juniped_shl.gif]

Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond

While it was a common song for Conner Hutton after a win, Sweet Caroline was played in the Kraken dressing room for an entirely different reason. It was a tradition started by now star forward Vitek Vitecek, as he was listening to the song on his flight to Carolina after the draft. Mistakenly, he had thought that Diamond was singing "Sweet Carolina" instead, and once his new teammates found out before a game, it was only downhill for him. There is a rumor of an edited version, where current captain Jimmy Wagner says "ah". We have yet to get our hands on that though.

Sweetness - Jimmy Eat World

Perhaps brought from the locker room before the Kraken rebranding, this song was brought by nostalgia through the EA NHL03 video game. It is still one of the songs remembered by fans of the game and brings great nostalgia to those who remember playing. Although as time moves on, this song might disappear from the playlist.

Lights Please - J. Cole

A bit of home love, this J. Cole song, who is from North Carolina, was being played in the streets as one of the newer Kraken teams were heading to a restaurant. Some of the rookies then liked it and as easy as that, it was added to their pre-game playlist. 

Enter Sandman - Metallica 

Each year, the Kraken roster allows the rookies to add one song to their pregame playlist, and this is what Conner Hutton had chosen at the time. It was a song that his dad used to play during warmups, as he was a timekeeper for Conner's team. That carried on all the way through his minor hockey career, and now in a sense through the juniors. Simply paying homage to what his father did for him, but it turned into something else as well. When Foley heard Hutton had picked this song on the first day, they had talked about their music interests and eventually started their secret, but not-so-secret band. 

Are You Ready - AC/DC

Simply a pump-up song for some of the Kraken players, it is the one and the only song played after the coach's talk. Perfectly timed every time, and finishing as soon as the last player makes his or her way out of the locker room. There is no special reason or backstory as to why it is played, just a common song that most North American players had grown up having heard in the very least.

Remember the Name by Fort Minor
As a team this one was our only unanimous yes song when we were picking the pre-game playlist. From the fast tempo to the message about hard work and dedication, by the time this puppy ends the team is HYPE... and Teddy has punched his locker.

Praying by Ke$ha
Initially there was a lot of push back around including Ke$ha on the playlist, but that ended once the team sat down and actually listened. Apparently the geezers in the locker room had only ever heard Tik Tok and categorically ruled out Ke$ha's music from their lives. Now however, no one can hear themselves think because this song gets us all to our feet and belting it out at the top of our lungs... and it gets Teddy punching his locker.

HUMBLE by Kendrick Lamar
Here we have the yin to Remember the Name's yang. First we get ourselves hyped and ready to punch our lockers right alongside Teddy, but then we remind ourselves that there are going to be 6 other guys on the ice out there trying to stop us from achieving our goals and they need to be humble, sit down.

Take me Home Country Roads by John Denver
Here is our other karaoke style song just to bring up the energy in the room. This one was a fierce competition between this song and Wagon Wheel, but in the end with the number of guys who grew up watching the Caps on the team we had to go with Oshbabe's goal song and now we love it. No one knows the verses, but the chorus is on point. (I should also point out that for some reason Teddy also punches his locker after this song plays)

Broccoli by D.R.A.M.
I've gotta be honest, this one was already on the playlist when I joined the team and I don't know the history behind why we listen. I think it has something to do with a Kendrick concert where Travis Scott had to skip his set or something like that... idk. But anyways Teddy also punches his locker once this song ends.

(This post was last modified: 06-10-2020, 10:09 AM by the_paytonium.)

Henney's HeadBANGIN' Playlist:
Contributed by fellow teammates.

Start it off with Henney's favorite Celtic Death Metal tune, A Rose for Epona by Eluveitie,

Then smash right into Sulfur by Slipknot from @Zema,

Followed up by a nice change of pace with @Citizen of Adraa's favorite, Greyhound by Swedish House Mafia,

Then into the rockin' pair of Fields of Verdun and Last Stand, both from Sabaton and recommended by @BloomeyGB and @CementHands, respectively. 

Timber music tastes > everyone else's
[Image: HenneysheadBANGERS.png]

Go Maine!
Timber Timber Timber Timber Timber Timber

[Image: Screenshot_2020-05-18_at_9.24.57_PM.png?...height=942]
[Image: HenneyIL-GBsig2.png]
~ Sigs made by yours truly ~

[Image: vokU6Ra.png] | [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

PBE Affiliate
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2020, 01:35 PM by Jorec.)

[Image: Yu1BGGQ.jpg]

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

"Heave Away" by The Fables
The (un)official anthem of the Newfoundland Berserkers, Heave Away plays before every game - not just over the PA but in the locker room as well. Who puts it on? Hard to pin down to one person, but it surely makes the whole team feel like they belong on the Rock.

"The Mary Ellen Carter" by Stan Rogers
Another great song of the Atlantic, the Mary Ellen Carter is another regular on the Berserkers' stereo. Often played by team GM JNH when he comes into the room, the song encourages the team to leave it all out there.

"The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" by The Band
A legendary tune describing a soldier of the American south written by a Canadian band, The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down is probably Finnish forward Lassi Suhonen's favourite song, and he's always putting it on - to the dismay of teammates with more modern tastes.

"Baby Shark" by PINKFONG Songs for Children
Rookie Liam Slate has strange tastes, and this is his go to. His teammates just let it happen.

National Anthem of Belarus
Everybody's favourite Belarussian, (Clean) Andrei Kostitsyn demands this song play every time he scores to contribute to a team win. It's hard to argue that it's not a pretty epic victory tune.

"Hurt" by Johnny Cash
- A favorite of Marshall's, who doesn't take losing easily. Being last in the division, this is a song that gets played more frequently then most. It's a tough reminder when you walk into the dressing room, see the schedule/standings, and its full of L's, which always leads to this song playing.

"Lost in the Middle of Nowhere" by Kane Brown, Becky G
- Everyone is fully aware of the fact that Maine isn't traditionally a hockey town. When the opposition comes into town, they often hear this song blasting from the Timber's locker room, reminding them they are in a place that they perhaps shouldn't be.

"Help!" by The Beatles
- Similar to "Hurt", this is a bit of a cry for help from a team that is struggling. It inspires a different player to contribute on any given night.

"Come Together" by The Beatles
- A song that is played on most nights, it's simply a good reminder that whatever happens, everyone on the team needs to stick together, and good things will come.

"Believer" by Imagine Dragons
- This is just a song that gets everyone hyped up before the game. While the team may be struggling, they all still love to play the game, and whenever this song comes up, it gets them excited to get out there and play.

[Image: d4tHOa1.png]

PBE PT

The Detroit Falcons have a pretty special playlist that we like to play prior to stepping on the ice. Unfortunately, we suck this year so this playlist may not last much longer.

1. I'm Like a Bird by Nelly Furtado
This is the first song that is pumped through the locker room, as it serves as a reminder to the team what we are. Falcon pride.

2. Three Little Birds by Bob Marley
This song is played in honour of our fourth line and reminds them to play better defensively or else.

3. Fly Like An Eagle by Seal
When this song is played, the word "eagle" is replaced by "falcon". Fly like a falcon by Seal, because we are the Detroit Falcons.

4. Blackbird by the Beatles
The term Blackbird refers to the pain and suffering that we, the Falcons, will put on our opponents. As black is death, this song is a pump up song for Falcon murder.

5. Bird Set Free by Sia
The finale song that is played just mere seconds prior to hitting the ice, Bird Set Free is a reminder to leave it all on the ice. Set free your inner Falcon and play to the best of your abilities.

Jurrasic Park Theme Song
All Along the Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
Is this love - Bob Marley
Rockey Mountain Way - Joe Walsh
Uno - Little Big

[Image: WpkqfhnLANnbP1GJRVdYxK3NUzWYsoFNWutEizYi...1qyOautlvq]

[Image: IYqjgDl.png]

1. Because I Got High - Afroman
First thing I noticed when I got here was that the team is really tense. This song evens things out a bit to their fast paced crazy music.

2. BYOB - System of a Down
Haha just kidding now we go back up, from relaxed to get hype.

3. Bad Boys - Inner Circle
At this point I am about to finish my first blunt of the night and am completely in my own zone

4. The Final Countdown - Europe.
There is not a better hype song out there and you won't ever convince me otherwise.

5. Release the Kraken - NSP
Hahahahahahaha seriously go listen to this song then you will understand why I deserve 4 TPE and not 2 Smile

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]

1. Jet Lag by Future and Juice WRLD

Kolja Kekkonen likes to play this song for a relaxed, upbeat vibe. Good for keeping the nerves away.

2. Now by Young Thug and 21 Savage

This song is a nice transition to something a little more exciting, something to get the juices flowing.

3. Go Stupid by Polo G, Stunna 4 Vegas, and NLE Choppa

A bit more of the same here. Keeps you vibing.

4. Invincible by Pop Smoke

Heavy beat and Pop's unique voice create a mood-elevating banger. Hype thrusters engaged.

5. Faneto by Chief Keef

Pretty much the perfect song to get hyped to with your teammates before going out for the game.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

never fight a man with a perm - idles
almost had to start a fight - parquet courts
video tape - radiohead
MACINTOSH PLUS - リサフランク420 / 現代のコンピュー
volver volver - vincente fernandez

júnior Guarda
Throat Goat

Egor doesn't have team but would love to share songs that Egor listens to before shinny games.

Saxophone Quartet, Op. 109, by Alexander Glazunov
Egor loves to listen to this song because it reminds Egor of when he played the Saxaphone. Egor loves the Saxaphone

Dievs, svētī Latviju! by Kārlis Baumanis
Egor is a proud Latvian. Egor must show pride for his nation

Imagine by John Lennon
Egor wants to imagine goals before beer league. Egor loves goals and beer.

Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin
Egor dad loved this song. Egor loved Egor's dad and plays song so Egor can score goals for Egor's dad.

Pinball Wizard by The Who
Egor is quite succesful at pinball. Egor loves pinball like Egor loves scoring goals